Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I suppose you could throw Lady Shiva and Talia Al'Ghul in there as prominent Gotham villainesses, even though they're not actually living in or spending most of their time in Gotham, since they're usually Batman villains. Is one of the minor ones you mentioned the tool using lady posted a page or two back? She seems like a female villain with a gimmick as ridiculous as Kite Man's own and who he could get along with just based on that really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Kite Man is harmless enough it doesn't necessarily need to be a villainess. And you know he would hit on Wonder Woman.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

tsob posted:

You know, I was gonna say that there aren't really any other characters in the show for him to hit on without introducing someone entirely new and I don't even think Gotham has any other prominent supervillainesses beyond Catwoman, who it won't be, but then, Giganta exists. Seeing Kite Man hook up with her could be fun, especially for Dr Pscyho's reaction.

Giganta? No way, Kite Man is great but can't hold a candle to Brad and his tongue skills.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Megazver posted:

Kite Man is harmless enough it doesn't necessarily need to be a villainess. And you know he would hit on Wonder Woman.

ah fucker i was just gonna say this.

except Super Girl, and she likes riding on the kite even tho she can fly :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

evilmiera posted:

Look, nothing but cowardice stops a wholesome but somewhat awkward threesome happening here.

He asked off camera.

They didn't say no.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

tsob posted:

I suppose you could throw Lady Shiva and Talia Al'Ghul in there as prominent Gotham villainesses, even though they're not actually living in or spending most of their time in Gotham, since they're usually Batman villains. Is one of the minor ones you mentioned the tool using lady posted a page or two back? She seems like a female villain with a gimmick as ridiculous as Kite Man's own and who he could get along with just based on that really.

I also forgot Roxy Rocket since she first showed up in a BTAS tie-in comic bfore showing up in STAS

If you want a female villain with a ridiculous "gimmick" there's either Dumb Bunny of the Inferior Five which is obviously problematic or "The Carpenter" who's originally a Mad Hatter henchman (March Hare is also commonly a woman too) and then became a person villains hire to make death traps.

I hope Mad Hatter shows up too just because he seems like he'd have a similar schtick as Psycho in that they're both short (Tetch is merely short rather than a dwarf) employ mind control and given that Psycho now has a thing for giant women, a respective kink.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
TV IV › Harley Quinn: An 8 FPE (Fucks Per Episode) Limit

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
A gently caress per episode is a gently caress per episode. You can't say it's only a half.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Xelkelvos posted:

I also forgot Roxy Rocket since she first showed up in a BTAS tie-in comic bfore showing up in STAS

If you want a female villain with a ridiculous "gimmick" there's either Dumb Bunny of the Inferior Five which is obviously problematic or "The Carpenter" who's originally a Mad Hatter henchman (March Hare is also commonly a woman too) and then became a person villains hire to make death traps.

I'd never even heard of several of them, but Roxy Rocket has a cool design at the very least. Is Dumb Bunny just problematic because of the name? Because having someone who isn't terribly intelligent doesn't seem all that problematic to me honestly. You don't even need to have them be learning disability dumb or anything, given the name, since reading up "Brave and the Bold" apparently had it be more of a personal affectation to appear dumb so as to play in to a team gimmick of each character in the team being really good at one thing, but bad at something complimentary and was pretty intelligent in reality. You also reminded me that I know there's a villainess with a pretty terrible design called White Rabbit they could use too, though she'd presumably receive a design overhaul if they were going to use her.

Axel Serenity posted:

TV IV › Harley Quinn: An 8 FPE (Fucks Per Episode) Limit

The TV IV > Harley Quinn: It's Official - You can have (roughly) 8 "fucks" per episode

Something with a clearer indication of the complete meaning is probably both less confusing and more likely to intrigue people enough to read the thread, even if only to ask about that limit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Harley can have a little a fpe, as a treat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kite Man single-handedly demonstrates that confidence is attractive.

March Hare I always pictured as a coke fiend. Also I think Mime is a Z-list female villain.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

I don't know why we need to limit this dating pool to Gotham, the show has pulled characters from outside there already.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

DC's villains, especially female ones, are even more slim and dire pickings once you get outside Gotham. Besides maybe the Flash, and that's mainly because he has the Rogues AND Gorilla Grodd.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

DC's villains, especially female ones, are even more slim and dire pickings once you get outside Gotham. Besides maybe the Flash, and that's mainly because he has the Rogues AND Gorilla Grodd.
I enjoyed that my brain went "that's silly, what about... oh, that's Marvel. Well then... oh, Marvel." Like 8 times.
(e.g. Galactus, Dr Doom.)

I guess Superman has some okay ones, like Mr Mxztplk however he's spelled. And original Brainiac wasn't bad.

And in female villains you can't go wrong with Ursa from Superman 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Main exception being Darkseid and Apokalips in general, but they're kinda their own thing that's generally a sign of the stakes being much higher.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

roomforthetuna posted:

I enjoyed that my brain went "that's silly, what about... oh, that's Marvel. Well then... oh, Marvel." Like 8 times.
(e.g. Galactus, Dr Doom.)

I guess Superman has some okay ones, like Mr Mxztplk however he's spelled. And original Brainiac wasn't bad.

And in female villains you can't go wrong with Ursa from Superman 2.

Don't forget the witch lady from the Supergirl movie.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I've a feeling if NBC's Wonder Woman attempt hadn't been a terrible piece of poo poo that didn't make it past the pilot episode, Liz Hurley might've brought Veronica Cale into the spotlight for a while.

Don't forget about Roulette, either - even though she's more a fight promoter than a villainess.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Megazver posted:

And you know he would hit on Wonder Woman.

Oh man, now I want this to be a thing :allears:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Organic Lube User posted:

Don't forget the witch lady from the Supergirl movie.

Was she an original one? The Enchantress has comic book origins I'm pretty sure. It seems like if you dig deep enough there's a lot of C-lister villains who are basically just 'evil magic lady'. Justice League cartoon had Morgana Le Fay (yes, that one) and Circe. (yes, that one)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

As long as we're speculating, to the verge of shipping: if Ivy and Kiteman break up, I want to see him hook up with a C-list heroine like Bulleteer. Like, he gets dumped by Ivy, so he goes to a bar to drown his sorrows. Bulleteer's there already, moping over the fact that no one takes her seriously and she just got brutally shot down after trying to flirt with, I dunno, Nightwing or somebody. They commiserate over their loser-ness and get drunk, hook up, and decide to just be chaotic neutral: "gently caress those heroes!" "yeah, gently caress those villains!" And just show up randomly as a couple with the goofiest outfits/gimmicks ever, and you have no idea whose side they're on at any given appearance.

Thanks for reading my 5am-I-have-insomnia fanfic.

Also, now that we know Dr Psycho has "a type", I so wanna see him meet Big Barda, that comedy would write itself.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd prefer he hook up with someone whose powers could compliment his in some manner. I've no idea who that is, or how it could be done; but something like the above Bulleteer example could have him dive bombing her on to people or something. Also, both of them quickly dismissing their loserness and bouncing back to impenetrable and completely unfounded confidence, if it does happen because of matching commiseration.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I hope they have the balls to bring the greatest DC character ever into this show

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Rhyno posted:

Man, I hope they have the balls to bring the greatest DC character ever into this show

Fixed that for you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's clearly enough cocaine in the writers room.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Angry Lobster posted:

Fixed that for you.

Only if Joker vaporizes him, and Harley gets the power she needs to beat Joker by snorting him. The movie had the balls to do it, so the cartoon should too.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Snowflame would be absolutely perfect for this show.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

it me

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

LashLightning posted:

I hope that the destruction of the LoD headquarters leads to an actual weakening of the group and allows competing super-villain groups to show up with the lesser known characters.

It would be neat to see a group of the villains thought to be "losers" to have an alternative "union" to join.

But mainly I want to see Killer Moth on screen.

They even have a group that fills that role.

Make the Rogues a sort of villain union that goes against management (L.O.D.), all while still committing crimes.

Get Wentworth Miller or a reasonable facsimile to play a cold-based Jimmy Hoffa. :D

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hitman would make a phenomenal animated series.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Like nobody really cares about this show:

https://www.backstage.com/casting/doom-patrol-340300/

Apparently filming of Doom Patrol Season 2 has already started, as this casting notice says Asian and Hispanic background actors were needed for a Doom Patrol shoot starting 1/28 in Conyers, GA.

https://deadline.com/2020/02/karen-obilom-doom-patrol-elizabeth-bowen-resident-alien-1202857991/

Karen Obilom will play a mysterious figure that Cyborg meets at a PTSD support group and the character will be 'recurring' in Season 2.

She will play a character called "Roni Evers" which seems to be a genderswap of a character that was associated with Cyborg in older Titans comics.

Also in the same article, it looks like Alan Tudyk is going to play the principal character of the new SyFy series Resident Alien.

Hopefully he won't be too busy to maybe put in a quick stint / cameo of Mr. Nobody in Season 2?

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 20, 2020

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Binary Badger posted:

Also in the same article, it looks like Alan Tudyk is going to play the principal character of the new SyFy series Resident Alien.

Even more Alan Tudyk? Yes, please.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doom Patrol s2 is supposed to also air on HBO Max and that doesn't start until May so it is at least that long before it starts.

With Harley Quinn ending next week have they said what is coming up next? They've usually been pretty good at having a new show/season ready to go.

cartoons123
Nov 7, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

Doom Patrol s2 is supposed to also air on HBO Max and that doesn't start until May so it is at least that long before it starts.

With Harley Quinn ending next week have they said what is coming up next? They've usually been pretty good at having a new show/season ready to go.

It's looking like it'll be Stargirl next whenever that comes out and that's also supposed to be airing on The CW

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Non-Gotham based female villains I can name include Livewire, Killer Frost, Silver Banshee, Psi, Lady Shiva, Star Sapphire, White Canary, Cheetah, Enchantress, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies, and if you want to pull from Earth-3 Superwoman and Atomica. I don't tend to delve too deep into comics lore so I'm sure there's plenty of characters I've never even heard of.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

fractalairduct posted:

Non-Gotham based female villains I can name include Livewire, Killer Frost, Silver Banshee, Psi, Lady Shiva, Star Sapphire, White Canary, Cheetah, Enchantress, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies, and if you want to pull from Earth-3 Superwoman and Atomica. I don't tend to delve too deep into comics lore so I'm sure there's plenty of characters I've never even heard of.

There's definitely a lot, but there's still a lot more men. Wonder Woman has the most female central rogues including Giganta, Cheetah, Circe and Silver Swan and maybe some others.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Rhyno posted:

Hitman would make a phenomenal animated series.

Didn't we see Noonan's bar in the show already?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Well, that was disappointing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Binary Badger posted:

Like nobody really cares about this show:

https://www.backstage.com/casting/doom-patrol-340300/

Apparently filming of Doom Patrol Season 2 has already started, as this casting notice says Asian and Hispanic background actors were needed for a Doom Patrol shoot starting 1/28 in Conyers, GA

I care, BB. I care.

I assume Candlemaker is going to be the main villain this season. Could be good, could be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Chokes McGee posted:

I care, BB. I care.

I assume Candlemaker is going to be the main villain this season. Could be good, could be bad.

I have no idea about that show, or who that person is, but that's an awful name.