Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Dazerbeams posted:

Any idea if nook mile quests are like dailies or if they are going to get more challenging as you complete more of them?

I was about to say they're probably going to be the latter, but since you can buy repeatable things with them like the tickets, it might be a little of both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Something I just read, the "Nook Homes customers" bit might be just a cute way to say returning villagers and we might have more than 383 since that count doesn't include new villagers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I finally put my amiibomb together and after a shaky start and having to redo my own lovely soldering I am now sat here making a stack of AC cards that I can't do anything with until the game comes out anyway.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wonder if the 383 villagers are just the returning ones and not counting the new ones.

I wouldn't mind them culling the hippos though. I don't think I've ever met anyone that actually likes them or the Rhinos. (Cake Rhino is cool)

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
Definitely making a slums for my B tier villagers

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I wonder if the 383 villagers are just the returning ones and not counting the new ones.

I wouldn't mind them culling the hippos though. I don't think I've ever met anyone that actually likes them or the Rhinos. (Cake Rhino is cool)
Hey, Rocco was my buddy! He was a grumpy working class construction worker hippo with a warm heart beneath his gruff exterior! He's the only villager who lived in my town longer than I did. He was there from the start, and that made him special.

Incidentally, my relationship with Rocco is why I'll never choose my villagers. I never would have picked Rocco out of a list to be my old friend- he became my old friend organically over the years.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I wonder if they'll note what's happening to the Amiibo Card aftermarket and do another printing of them

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/CharlesCBer/status/1230659365721362433

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eiba posted:

Hey, Rocco was my buddy! He was a grumpy working class construction worker hippo with a warm heart beneath his gruff exterior! He's the only villager who lived in my town longer than I did. He was there from the start, and that made him special.

Incidentally, my relationship with Rocco is why I'll never choose my villagers. I never would have picked Rocco out of a list to be my old friend- he became my old friend organically over the years.

Roscoe became my buddy the same way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Getting hyped.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Excuse me, one time Renee asked me what kind of animal would make a good pet, and when I told her “a rhinoceros”, she told me, “oh I don’t know, rhinoceroses can get pretty touchy. I still remember that special moment to this day.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The Rhinos and Hippos rule

the ones they should get rid of are the bear cubs.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Zore posted:

The Rhinos and Hippos rule

the ones they should get rid of are the bear cubs.

I have no quarrel with the bear cubs, one in Wild World is the only villager to have given me their photo.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

We need jock girls and peppy boys

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Amiibo cards maybe reprinting

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/HumbleToad/status/1230601362913628160

If they do then I'll probably buy a few more packs just to see who I get. I have a stack of cards aside my fave five and I wouldn't mind rolling the real world gacha again.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I usually like to let whoever move in but I also will be open palm slamming Known Best Villager Bunnie’s card right on that reader fam

I tried to buy my husband a Lolly card but ebay wanted like $15. Hell no.

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Absolutely getting Bowie Cat. David Meowie?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

PeePot posted:

Absolutely getting Bowie Cat. David Meowie?

Kitty Stardust

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm going to play this game without any intention on what villagers I want or don't want, and I wish to see which decide to become my best friends.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Waffle! posted:

Kitty Stardust

Meowjor Tom

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Action Meow.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
New version of the direct is up.

They changed the part about recovering your data one time only in the FAQ section.

If those on-screen texts that YouTube videos used to have still existed they could have just pasted the new info over the old one. :effort:

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They changed the part about recovering your data one time only

what did they change

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

prepuce repurposed posted:

what did they change

Instead of the one time fine print, it now says "more details on save data recovery functionality will be shared on a future date"

Looks like a walk back to me.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

what did they change

They removed the one time part.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

ty both of u

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I like to think I'll never need to recover save data, being docked and all

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe
looks from the videos like the increased inventory slots might be part of the backpack/purses on some characters

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

If only there was some sort of portable device that could easily have data written to it. We did call it something catchy, like, flash memory, and shove it in a space a tenth the size of a Switch game-pak.

Data lockdown is a bummer, at least let me make local copies.

Still gonna do this over everything I should be doing with my life.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

vanisher posted:

looks from the videos like the increased inventory slots might be part of the backpack/purses on some characters

There's a Nook Miles reward for 4,800 points called 'organizing your inventory' or something like that, the stuff in the special tab seems to be buffs so wouldn't be surprised if that's what that is.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

I'm very excited for all the features, looking forward to drawing all the paths again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really wish Nintendo would clarify the save data situation and explain what sort of technical limitation is getting in the way of preventing cloud saves for New Horizons.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

I really wish Nintendo would clarify the save data situation and explain what sort of technical limitation is getting in the way of preventing cloud saves for New Horizons.

The technical limitation is complete stubbornness and a futile effort to prevent cheating/hacking.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

I like to think I'll never need to recover save data, being docked and all
Someone breaks in and steals your Switch? Portable electronics worth a couple hundred dollars are always easy targets.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

I reckon that's technically possible

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I lost my New Leaf town in a botched transfer from a New 3ds to an XL and let me tell you it is devastating.

Equally as devastating was finding that it had since been patched in a way that refused to let me name the town "Hell" again.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Rude visitors to my island will be exiled

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
My girlfriend was tempted to buy a second switch (lite this time) to play the game on both the TV and at work. Guess no point now as games locked to one machine.

Nintendo are such a dumb company some times.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 22, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Waffle! posted:

Rude visitors to my island will be exiled

Are you Florida or Bugs Bunny in this theoretical?