Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nigma has missed their very tiny (:v:) window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
That's some cool background

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Lmao just watched the gorc+ceb commentary for Nigma vs NiP where they shat on Daxak for 40min.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Miracle is playing Snapfire :pwn:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Miracle snapfire wtf

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

kuro is core lesh while miracle is support snapfire, wtf

e: kuro has 10 last hits at 5 mins oof

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 22, 2020

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Crystalys is a Juggnernaut item now apparently

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Its like 50 damage for 2k gold and has the crit DPS increase too. You can't really sit back and farm with maelstrom or battlefury like you used to since your ult has a 5 billion year cooldown and is hard countered by several 2k gold items (euls, glimmer, ghost scepter, forcestaff) every support gets at least one of. So you get some cost efficient poo poo like crystalys and mom and run at them.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

lamentable dustman posted:

kuro is core lesh while miracle is support snapfire, wtf

e: kuro has 10 last hits at 5 mins oof

Does Miracle not play Naga? They put Kuro on Lesh, MC on Naga, and Miracle on Snapfire. I don't understand this configuration at all.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/MoonMeanderated/status/1231375850332803072

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

that is EE as gently caress

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I guess if you think you have no shot with your current team, you might as well get started making the next, even if youve got a tournament coming up.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

You forgot to link the video where Moonmeander was live streaming while he tweeted that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt0nBwwIHE

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol ee owns

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Aui is legit the reason EE was seeing any success again. How short sighted...

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it seemed like it was his team from the time it was formed. like, I think he announced its formation originally. which does make leaving it a more EE thing to do . . .

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Lol at VP throwing their lead. How did Kuro's team ever lose the major qualifiers to loving Aggressive Mode?

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Matubaman visibly showing literally zero interest in the pick discussion is a bit poor.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Matubaman visibly showing literally zero interest in the pick discussion is a bit poor.

You don't team up with Finnish people for the discussion

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

bick me whatevre :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This Nigma game is glorious.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

This Nigma game is glorious.

It's really fun watching them right now because you never know if you're going to get 'failing to qualify Nigma' or 'team of ti winners Nigma'.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

why is troll such a common pick? he seems super useless.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

reverse all kill coming up

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

ATP_Power posted:

why is troll such a common pick? he seems super useless.

He can sorta lane against Slardar.

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

Nigma got their groove back?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Pinterest Mom posted:

nigma balls lol

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

reverse sweep in the grand finals, goddamn

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

reverse all kill secured. nigma look really good when they play like that.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
i cant believe theyre still called nigma

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Team Najma would be better but Nigma makes it both a meme name while also having some actual meaning to it. Kuro is pretty religious and afaik Miracle is as well.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/DOTA2/status/1232475177276989440

regional leagues are a go

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
My feeling on this is that i'm going to get very very slightly more pro dota to watch at times that are convenient to me, a weirdo gmt+12er, so i'll take it.
Also it seems like it'll be easier for both good and bad teams to make a consistent living so that's nice

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Regions get at least one team seeded directly into the upper bracket.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

NA major qualifiers already often seems to have a team who doesn't care enough to show up for every match, I wonder what the NA lower division is gonna look like

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Total prize pool hasn't moved at all from what I can tell, the pay out is just much flatter compared to how it has been (I think? I'm not actually sure, I don't think the math here is super obvious). There are also situations now where you will actually make less money than you would have before (for example, teams that got top 4 at a Minor got 40k, now to make more than 30k you must get top 8 at the Major). I'm disappointed that they're not pumping more money into the scene but I'm not very surprised that they aren't either. It seems wrong that there is absolutely no payout for the bottom 10 teams from the Major except for what you got from doing well during the League.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Red Red Blue posted:

NA major qualifiers already often seems to have a team who doesn't care enough to show up for every match, I wonder what the NA lower division is gonna look like

It will be nice to see how many NA pubstars actually get a real "I would excel if I had the chance" test. Most are going to fail, but it will be cool to see them do more than throw together 4 other jamokes at the last minute for OQs.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
im here for the ixmike stack vs the free arcana guy stack

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
http://www.dota2.com/patches/7.24b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Most of those seem expected but a bit surprised that Crystalys didn't get a change