Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Shinji2015 posted:

If the quality of this holds up, hopefully we get more Little V LPs!

That's gonna be difficult. Doesn't Little V live in British Columbia? I kinda wonder how they did this LP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's gonna be difficult. Doesn't Little V live in British Columbia? I kinda wonder how they did this LP though.

Their last session was like 12 hours long

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Captain Invictus posted:

Ah, so she's just a white liberal then.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Not gonna lie, this is the first time I'm gonna definitely watch both of the main LPs on Woolie VS. DOOM and KOTOR2 both had very strong first parts.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i've been watching the streams and things are only looking up for the DOOM playthrough

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I love how into it he gets. Woolie has a way of getting excited for the things he likes that's honestly pretty rare to see. Most online people have a very like, i dunno, Radio Excitement when they are on camera/mic.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I love how into it he gets. Woolie has a way of getting excited for the things he likes that's honestly pretty rare to see. Most online people have a very like, i dunno, Radio Excitement when they are on camera/mic.

this is why the best friends and chip/ironicus are the only youtubers/streamers i give a single poo poo about

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah the Best Friends were the only e3 thing cause got excited for cool poo poo (unlike say Giantbomb) but also were apparently sincere and didn't just shill everything or sound like an ad man.

Them freaking out bout the DMC5 reveal was great for example.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Whitenoise Poster posted:

There's certainly something to be said for seeming genuine. Like when the RE 2 remake came out, somebody did a side-by-side comparison when Tyrant first shows up and it was uncannily almost note for note (partly because they were all trying to pretend they didn't know). You don't get that with the guys.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Patware posted:

this is why the best friends and chip/ironicus are the only youtubers/streamers i give a single poo poo about

Chip getting really excited about something that is SO DUMB is definitely some of my favorite LP energy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Chip getting really excited about something that is SO DUMB is definitely some of my favorite LP energy.

I found out that Mysterious Jojo's been making compilations of his stuff and man, I totally forgot how animated Chip used to be back when they were doing the Uncharted 2 LP.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXy5NwBq3yzzEarJLM8M-aGiWy44xDkYY

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

A Sometimes Food posted:

Yeah the Best Friends were the only e3 thing cause got excited for cool poo poo (unlike say Giantbomb) but also were apparently sincere and didn't just shill everything or sound like an ad man.

Them freaking out bout the DMC5 reveal was great for example.

See also: Pat popping off about Monster Hunter World, Woolie's big hype about the Shadow of The Colossus remaster, and all three of them making fun of the stupid loving TACTICAL BATTLE CHATTER in Division gameplay footage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
They never recorded the reaction to nier automata right

That's a shame

bumble
Oct 15, 2012

R U HOT YET?

Captain Invictus posted:

They never recorded the reaction to nier automata right

That's a shame

yeah, they weren't expecting anything from the conference it was revealed in, so they didn't bother recording any of it

liam ascended to a higher plane of being that day, and we may never know what that looks like. that kinda hype only comes once in a lifetime

doos
Jan 1, 2015

bumble posted:

yeah, they weren't expecting anything from the conference it was revealed in, so they didn't bother recording any of it

liam ascended to a higher plane of being that day, and we may never know what that looks like. that kinda hype only comes once in a lifetime

Yeah, I remember someone saying on the podcast something to the effect of "Liam screamed loud enough to make several people deaf".

Wish I heard it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

bumble posted:

I remember screaming and rolling on the floor when I saw Re Zero Season 2 get announced, for 30 minutes straight.
I bet it was something similar.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tdEnHdtPKA&hd=1

this podcast name

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
OK, so I know that the "clean up the foreclosure statements from your floor, turn off the audio but not the video, and jerk off" bit is a DarkSydePhil joke, but I'm not familiar with the "wheelchair miracle" bit. Did some streamer try scamming pity donations by faking an injury?

This is an entirely new category of trash media to me.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

OK, so I know that the "clean up the foreclosure statements from your floor, turn off the audio but not the video, and jerk off" bit is a DarkSydePhil joke, but I'm not familiar with the "wheelchair miracle" bit. Did some streamer try scamming pity donations by faking an injury?

This is an entirely new category of trash media to me.

I'm guessing it's this from years ago.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

youre posted:

Can I post in here that I miss BFP and nothing has filled that gap yet after over a decade and that their solo stuff sux?

for whatever reason lately, in addition to supergreatfriend and C&I, I've been really enjoying the contents of Tomato Gaming's twitch VOD youtube channel. he has a lot of energy and is genuinely quite funny- or at least makes funny noises. I followed him years ago tangential to him being in some of criken's multiplayer videos and one of these VODS showed up in my recommendations randomly not too long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvNYGIF6fQ

Like, I consumed his modded SWAT 4 run a mission at a time this month and it was the most enjoyable videogame video thing I've seen since SBFP stopped doing their thing.

oh, also, if somehow none of you have watched it, the old Geop/Vicas Dark Souls LPs are amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh man I was listening to pat talk about beastars and was afraid he hated it for the first few minutes of the discussion, glad he enjoys it because beastars is loving phenomenal.

It's gotten a bit soap opera-ey in the last couple dozen chapters and I super don't like the current villain but man oh loving man, the first like 150 chapters are incredible, and the anime adaptation is impeccable

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

wolfs posted:

for whatever reason lately, in addition to supergreatfriend and C&I, I've been really enjoying the contents of Tomato Gaming's twitch VOD youtube channel. he has a lot of energy and is genuinely quite funny- or at least makes funny noises. I followed him years ago tangential to him being in some of criken's multiplayer videos and one of these VODS showed up in my recommendations randomly not too long ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpvNYGIF6fQ

Like, I consumed his modded SWAT 4 run a mission at a time this month and it was the most enjoyable videogame video thing I've seen since SBFP stopped doing their thing.

Criken continues to be less and less funny to me as time goes on, but the people he gathers around him remain extremely entertaining.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Captain Invictus posted:

Oh man I was listening to pat talk about beastars and was afraid he hated it for the first few minutes of the discussion, glad he enjoys it because beastars is loving phenomenal.

It's gotten a bit soap opera-ey in the last couple dozen chapters and I super don't like the current villain but man oh loving man, the first like 150 chapters are incredible, and the anime adaptation is impeccable

All I can ever think whenever I see Beastars is how weird it is that the mangaka behind it managed to hide for years that she's Keisuke Itagaki's daughter (the mangaka behind Grappler Baki).

Everyone should read or watch Baki. It's lunacy and I love it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

All I can ever think whenever I see Beastars is how weird it is that the mangaka behind it managed to hide for years that she's Keisuke Itagaki's daughter (the mangaka behind Grappler Baki).

Everyone should read or watch Baki. It's lunacy and I love it.
they mention during the discussion it's so she can prove she has the chops herself and isn't relying on her father's name to be successful, like nick cage didn't rely on his Coppola relation.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Captain Invictus posted:

nick cage didn't rely on his Coppola relation.

Wait what?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

His (Nic Cage's) dad is Francis Ford Coppola's brother.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

MagusDraco posted:

His (Nic Cage's) dad is Francis Ford Coppola's brother.

Why isn't nic cage called Nick Coppola then?

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

literally the posts immediately above, grouchio

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Why isn't nic cage called Nick Coppola then?

similar reason to why michael keaton isnt called michael douglas

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I just started watching Woolie's DOOM LP, holy poo poo that intro. The concentrated Auntie Energy made me ascend to a higher plane.

Woolie's hype reactions are unmatched, and Reggie riding shotgun only adds to it. This is going to be a great series. Excited for Vanquish too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Tupperwarez posted:

I just started watching Woolie's DOOM LP, holy poo poo that intro. The concentrated Auntie Energy made me ascend to a higher plane.

Woolie's hype reactions are unmatched, and Reggie riding shotgun only adds to it. This is going to be a great series. Excited for Vanquish too.

The whole LP has been uttetly delightful so far.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Woolie Vs KOTOR 2 is also good

Little V like legitimately knows things about the game.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Blockhouse posted:

Woolie Vs KOTOR 2 is also good

Little V like legitimately knows things about the game.
Both of these are big understatements. This is a godsend to Woolie VS.

(SHUT UP JOHN WILLIAMS I GRABBED A MEDICINAL PLANT)

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The latest kotor two stream was great

God I love Kotor 2.

My only complaint is that Woolie absolutely should have been more gloves off with Atris

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Woolie's the hardest working man in slow business

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Matt poked gentle fun at the Raid Shadow Legends ads cropping up everywhere* in the WC3 Reforged Wha' Happun? video. It was pretty great.

*Thanks to the insane ad rates they're offering. I get why and I'm sure so does Matt.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tupperwarez posted:

I cant stop losing it at the intro. Just "O-oooh!" at the end gets me everytime.

Edit: I was always a little bummed the Zaibatsu only did a oneshot on Doom 2016 but drat this Woolie and Reggie run is worth the wait.

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 28, 2020

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I saw that Pat was playing through every mainline RE game and thought I'd do the same. I just finished up to RE6 and holy poo poo that game is bafflingly bad.

Anyways it lead me to finding this Pat clip which sums up RE6 quite nicely.

https://www.twitch.tv/patstaresat/clip/ObeseKnottyJellyfishDancingBaby?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

*edit* Oh God there is so many of these. Matt needs to do a What Happened? video on RE6 lol

https://www.twitch.tv/patstaresat/clip/AdorableHeadstrongBisonOpieOP?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

https://www.twitch.tv/patstaresat/clip/HumbleEntertainingLemurChefFrank?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

Red Mundus fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 1, 2020

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

RE6 rules, it's a cheeseball zombie action story and it feels good to control :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Yardbomb posted:

it feels good to control :colbert:

you played an extremely different RE6 i see