Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Tattoo SA on my big bottom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's already "Something Awful", no reason to ink it up

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
this poo poo sucks op

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

This was the last straw for me. You will hear from my attorneys shortly.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Dear Richard...

A Terrible Person posted:

It's cool. Love ya Uncle Lowtax!

Love,
YTM :keke:

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Hardon Crime posted:

thanks lowtax I still haven't heard back from the front page writer opportunity, is there an ETA on replies there

article assignments and call sheets came out like a week or two ago. I've already got my signing bonus and laptop

hmm... i guess just shoot them an email? I'm sure you got it!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, Lowtax. I didn't even notice those ads, and I can't complain about this, but I'll mention the whole unpaid front page articles thing. Why not pay for all published articles, just pay less for the first 5-8 or so (e.g., 20 instead of the full 40)? This would cost you just as much as not paying for the first 'trial' month at all, but will guarantee that people are actually paid for all published articles. It's a good compromise, imo. Maths! Hope that makes sense.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Just to tack on to that, 'tax I would also gladly pay to upgrade to 'Paladinus Free' member status

Spinning Robo
Apr 17, 2007
Sure thing man

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I have no ads but can you please upgrade me to no aids, thanks

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Eleanor Pwnsevelt posted:

apple bottom ads
Boots with the fur

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

r u ready to WALK posted:

dammit lowtax i really needed those boner pills and now i have no idea where to get them :mad:

How much cash you got on hand bro?

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Begone, forums tramp stamp

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm still chuckling pretty good at the folks that thought the ads were deliberate rather than a dumb fuckup.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
TBF they could have been both

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

infernal machines posted:

TBF they could have been both

Come on man lowtax has always hated dumb poo poo like those annoying ads.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Honky Dong Country posted:

I'm still chuckling pretty good at the folks that thought the ads were deliberate rather than a dumb fuckup.

Right lol

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
can't it be both?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I love ads personally.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Honky Dong Country posted:

simp

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

serious norman posted:

I love ads personally.

If it weren’t for ads I’d have no clue what to buy

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
sorry to hear you relapsed on BULLSHIT

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Vomik posted:

I just ask my phone what I should get and it is very helpful and nice

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I clicked on every single ad and earned this online website $3.69

kolby
Oct 29, 2004
pay Jeffrey. He fixed Search in one attempt.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

sweet thursday posted:

I clicked on every single ad and earned this online website $3.69

nice, nice, nice!

Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Lowtax posted:

The ad code manager for some reason copied over some jabbascript on an inactive test ad thingy and started showing awful bottom ads to every user, despite userclass. I have no idea why it selectively chose and copied that code, but hey, this is Something Awful. My apologies!!!

Radium strikes again! His legacy lives on forever!

(or until you finally dump vBulletin. Holy hell, JelSoft hasn't even owned vBulletin for over 13 years now!)

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sapper posted:

(or until you finally dump vBulletin. Holy hell, JelSoft hasn't even owned vBulletin for over 13 years now!)

yeah, what the hell. Lowtax, I think you could buy the rights to vBulletin, now because you are the only website using it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Vomik posted:

At the end of a day off of work running around doing errands I love sitting at my kitchen table surrounded by all the things ads told me to buy just like Homer in the clown college episode.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
And by ads I mean billboards and the popular website 'The Inventory'.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

serious norman posted:

I love ads personally.

me too, how else am I supposed to find products and services catered to my exquisite tastes! I need my ads curated by the something awful forums team, hand crafted for a man of my particular proclivities.

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

And by ads I mean billboards and the popular website 'The Inventory'.

I don't care what you say! I'm going to clown college!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Hardon Crime posted:

thanks lowtax I still haven't heard back from the front page writer opportunity, is there an ETA on replies there

We're working on an absolute ton of different poo poo right now, so I will get back to you all as soon as I can!

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Sapper posted:

Not to get off topic here, but what features do you want or need that we currently lack here? The ad manager thing is a completely separate coded entity, and I just hosed it up probably. Honestly asking: compared to other forums, what essential features are ours missing?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Vomik posted:

Also, they make my Web experience more colorful. Lmfao at all minimalist web designers.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Lowtax posted:

Not to get off topic here, but what features do you want or need that we currently lack here? The ad manager thing is a completely separate coded entity, and I just hosed it up probably. Honestly asking: compared to other forums, what essential features are ours missing?

Digg.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mandatory 2FA to make every post.

For real tho about the front page stuff are you going through that by your lonesome? That's gotta be chewing tons of time going through what I can only assume is tons of pure quality and super serious submissions... do you have some proofreaders giving you a hand to free you up for other crap to tackle?

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Lowtax posted:

I doubt it is any one feature so much as any time a feature is asked for, the response is that its an impossibility because of the code. So we’d like a forum that can be easily customized without having to download browser extensions or 3rd party apps.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

we’d like a forum that can be easily customized without having to download browser extensions or 3rd party apps.

Jeff's fixed a bunch of things. I just want a forum that stays online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
we live in a society

bottom ad