Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

You Am I posted:

Did the wheels look like this what's on this?

If so, then they were off a HX Holden Monaro LE

that's the one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

You Am I posted:

Did the wheels look like this what's on this?

If so, then they were off a HX Holden Monaro LE

not necessarily, the wheels on the firebird and the monaro are identical, i think we also got pontiac rallye wheels on earlier models

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ExecuDork posted:

My third-gen Honda Prelude did this. It was rain water, running down from a 22-year-old trunk-lid weatherstrip and causing the 95-cent light bulb to fail. I fixed it by drilling a couple of little holes in the bottom of the plastic light housing, for drainage.

Remember to drain your blinker fluid, folks!

My Outback has stress cracks in the tops of the taillights that leak into the housing, but previous goon owner morethanjake drilled drain holes so I don't have to worry about it! or fix it...

quote:

Anyway, I came in here to post this: https://www.sixwheeler.com.au/
I saw one on the road a few days ago and it turns out the conversions happen at a place I could drive to in about 4 or 5 hours. Everything they have - and everything they've done now for sale on the used market - is way outside my budget, but these are very appealing. Some of them - like this one (Holden WB Ute 6-wheel) are dancing close to Peak Australian.

So now I want to Mad Max black-on-black a XB Falcon Ute 6-wheeler.
Or just a regular ute. Or even a XB van. Everybody does the coupe...

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Watch from 1:42 to 5:30 if you want to see some weird and wonderful Japanese cars and from 9:44 until the end if you want to know what a Toyota Century with a 1GZ-FE V12 sounds like with a custom exhaust (this is the bit I've linked right to in the video). Makes some good noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJEmP6c-Io4&t=584s

Holy poo poo, that V12 sounds amazing.
And that fuckin' rat rod in the middle of it all in the parking lot meet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

big dong wanter posted:

not necessarily, the wheels on the firebird and the monaro are identical, i think we also got pontiac rallye wheels on earlier models

I'm sure that is the case, but considering the cost of importing said Pontiac wheels to Australia compared to them already being here thanks to the Monaro LE (and I think the 4 door HZ Monaro GTS had grey version of that style) it is more than likely it came from the Monaro.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

wesleywillis posted:

HIGHway 420 is in my home town.

Epico.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
No it's spelled Etobicoke.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
That looks like a scenery prop from Fallout 4.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Yeah, that's Linex bedliner.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Usually you see that on jeeps or seriously built trucks.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got the go-kart out for the first time in a few months today. After taking a while to start and warm up, we remembered how much we love it. 12hp modified predator with a Mikuni. When it’s fully warmed up it will hit 45 in the driveway, according to the GoPro.

Needless to say my son didn’t want to get off the thing.

https://i.imgur.com/e9Maywn.mp4

Edit: now with sound

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Feb 23, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah, that's Linex bedliner.

That is incredibly well done.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Oh, that needs some sort of massive, beautiful engine back there. Like an Allison V16, or a Merlin.

Q_res posted:

That looks like a scenery prop from Fallout 4.

That, too.
Would totally drive a Corvega or Pick-R-Up. I spend half the time in Fallout looking at the retro future scenery.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

What is/was it?

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I would guess a hearse.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

taqueso posted:

What is/was it?

Buick?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yes, judging by the portholes in the hood.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/BabyPatThicc/status/1225193012004818944?s=20

Imagine paying $400mil on a yacht only to be upstaged by whatever that is up front.

Good lord that thing is hideous.

otaku69
May 18, 2003

Wistful of Dollars posted:

what about the car driving in the Ocean are you blind do you not see that!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

otaku69 posted:

You can either afford a $400m yacht, or you have a 4x4 with a decent wading depth.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32368/wild-isuzu-d-max-diesel-pickup-has-more-turbochargers-than-cylinders

I do not recommend the video, the guy narrating is pretty insufferable and nothing really happens and the truck actually sounds like poo poo.

This may be wrong thread, but without a burnout/full power pull, it's ambiguous.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Even worse, they named it A, solely so it would show up first in vessel registries. It’s the yacht equivalent of a bro truck rolling coal.

MrYenko fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 27, 2020

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Krakkles posted:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32368/wild-isuzu-d-max-diesel-pickup-has-more-turbochargers-than-cylinders

I do not recommend the video, the guy narrating is pretty insufferable and nothing really happens and the truck actually sounds like poo poo.

This may be wrong thread, but without a burnout/full power pull, it's ambiguous.

Looks neat, though.
3.0 4 banger is pretty big.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

My exact thought. I'd drive the poo poo out of a smaller diesel with lots of well supported boost, which this might be, but isn't definitely.

It'd be fun to have something that size with 4 bigass offroad tires and the ability to light them up from idle at will.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I bet it looks pretty cool under full sail with the bow up out of the water, you can kinda tell they sacrificed some stuff for those sweet action shots in the design phase.

Static though.... yeah, fugly.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Elviscat posted:

I bet it looks pretty cool under full sail with the bow up out of the water, you can kinda tell they sacrificed some stuff for those sweet action shots in the design phase.

I'm not sure you're quite getting the scale of the thing. It's the best part of 470ft in length. The bow won't move significantly in a hurricane, let alone under sail power.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Lol, holy poo poo do I retract my previous statement, with prejudice, God drat.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Elviscat posted:

Lol, holy poo poo do I retract my previous statement, with prejudice, God drat.

That looks like a render to me. Is that not a render?

I don't understand sailing mechanics at all, but how could you possibly have enough sail surface area to get that thing moving at any reasonable rate of speed?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

It doesn't, it's a "hybrid" diesel and the sails just kinda help gather some wind energy to help out.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

otaku69 posted:

The entire reason I posted it in this thread :v:

*edit: Espace Hovercraft

https://twitter.com/ruby_roubaix/status/1232671387917193217?s=20

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Feb 27, 2020

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Elviscat posted:

I'm going to agree with you with the addition that its also fugly while moving.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I had to dig this up to show other people, so here is the IMSA SuperCar series' attempt to race Street Stock race cars on Pikes Peak when it was still mostly dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdzBw4ICWTs

You'll see possibly the most impressive professional motorsports showing for a Dodge Stealth ever.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 27, 2020

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I had to dig this up to show other people, so here is the IMSA SuperCar series' attempt to race Street Stock race cars on Pikes Peak when it was still mostly dirt.

You'll see possibly the most impressive professional motorsports showing for a Dodge Stealth ever.

One of the best events that's ever been put on. I've watched this video a couple times now and I love it every time.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

Seat Safety Switch posted:

LOL that the driver wins the event with it and still calls it a POS at the end (22:15)

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
loved that guy yelling at his n/a mustang to GO DAMNIT GO

edit: hell yeah, randy pobst in this video too!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuiNza3Rz6U

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

boxen posted:

I'm going to agree with you with the addition that its also fugly while moving.

I retracted that statement and said it's always fugly already :mad:

Plus it's cheating, those sails just kinda provide a boost to the powerplant, it's not a sailing ship.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Even with a heart transplant its true nature cannot be changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The car is even better because apparently it makes Ferrari so mad they sent a cease and desist about it.