Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I'm just bummed that they apparently cut the music numbers for live action Mulan. I just wanted my wirefu alt history musical. :(

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Lemony posted:

I'm just bummed that they apparently cut the music numbers for live action Mulan. I just wanted my wirefu alt history musical. :(

Maybe it's part of a secret plan to excise all of their good songs out of their movies, likely so they don't have to pay performers and songwriters (because with Disney it's always about not paying talented people if at all possible). I think Aladdin's the only one so far that actually kept all their crowd-pleasers, and I don't want a Mulan without I'll Make A Man Out Of You.

I'm morbidly curious what they'll do to The Little Mermaid. It's largely probably the movie in their canon that begs for the fewest changes, it's already both perfect for their audience and dodging most criticisms, both valid and not, you could throw at it. Which means you don't have to remake it, but they're still doing it, and there's like twelve possible ways each that they could either gently caress up or validate the whole thing.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

Maybe it's part of a secret plan to excise all of their good songs out of their movies, likely so they don't have to pay performers and songwriters (because with Disney it's always about not paying talented people if at all possible). I think Aladdin's the only one so far that actually kept all their crowd-pleasers, and I don't want a Mulan without I'll Make A Man Out Of You.

I'm morbidly curious what they'll do to The Little Mermaid. It's largely probably the movie in their canon that begs for the fewest changes, it's already both perfect for their audience and dodging most criticisms, both valid and not, you could throw at it. Which means you don't have to remake it, but they're still doing it, and there's like twelve possible ways each that they could either gently caress up or validate the whole thing.

Beauty and the Beast had them all didn't it?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The Little Mermaid is kinda weird, cause on one hand you have Ariel and she can understand all the critters, but then you have Eric?, and he can't, so that whole "Kiss the girl" song is basically him in a boat with a lot of animals going loving bonkers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Any given day you walk outside, every bird you hear is either going "HEY NICE CLAWS LET'S gently caress" or, at best, "PISS OFF THIS IS MY BRANCH" so it's not that far off

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The Little Mermaid is kinda weird, cause on one hand you have Ariel and she can understand all the critters, but then you have Eric?, and he can't, so that whole "Kiss the girl" song is basically him in a boat with a lot of animals going loving bonkers.

:lmao:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

We the audience have the benefit of having our universal translator up & running for the duration of the movie.

So the top part of Ariel is human & has tits, which implies she produces milk, but her lower half is fish, which implies she lays eggs. Does this make mermaids platypuses?

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Android Apocalypse posted:

So the top part of Ariel is human & has tits, which implies she produces milk, but her lower half is fish, which implies she lays eggs. Does this make mermaids platypuses?

Other way around, platypuses are a type of mermaid.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Len posted:

Beauty and the Beast had them all didn't it?

I think it did, but I also don't really remember any more than like, three songs from Beauty and the Beast in the first place, and one's just because I have a friend that sung one for karaoke once.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Eh! Frank posted:

Other way around, platypuses are a type of mermaid.

See also: unicorns and rhinos

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The main theme for Beauty and the Beast is loving terrible because you can just sing "Beauty and the Beast" for literally every line in the entire goddamn song.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

We the audience have the benefit of having our universal translator up & running for the duration of the movie.

Mermaid tails go up and down like a cetacean, so they are likely mammals.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Well if you're going in that direction, all historical accounts of mermaids are just lonely sailors seeing different marine mammals and thinking about it for a second

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPxXRCkHkbo

"what else that mouth do"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just a pent up sailor staring out into the ocean and commenting to the first mate "My god, I'm so bored I'd gently caress... THAT THING! *points to a whale passing by"*

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
When I was younger the factoid was that sailor mistook sea animals for mermaids and what not cause of optical illusions.

Later you find out that no the sailor were seeing normal sea animals and also really horny.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

"Jenkins. Bring me a knotted rope with a hole in it and some lard from the galley. Poppa's just seen a hot piece of wrasse."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Apropos of nothing, watch The Lighthouse.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The main theme for Beauty and the Beast is loving terrible because you can just sing "Beauty and the Beast" for literally every line in the entire goddamn song.

🎵 Beauty and the Beast 🎵
🎵 Beauty and the Beast 🎵
🎵 Beauty and the Beast 🎵
🎵 Beauty and the Beast 🎵
🎵 Beau-ty and the Beeeaaast 🎵

welp

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Flint_Paper posted:

"Jenkins. Bring me a knotted rope with a hole in it and some lard from the galley. Poppa's just seen a hot piece of wrasse."

I'm a fan of fish puns. This earns 1st plaice.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Henchman of Santa posted:

Apropos of nothing, watch The Lighthouse.

It’s this.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

She's also the only Disney princess who can make her own caviar and custard.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

She's also the only Disney princess who can make her own caviar and custard.

:lmao:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

if u ate a mermaid would that be considered cannibalism? what if you only ate the top half and then stopped. what if you only ate the bottom half

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Babe Magnet posted:

if u ate a mermaid would that be considered cannibalism? what if you only ate the top half and then stopped. what if you only ate the bottom half

If you eat an entire mermaid you're getting a full surf & turf meal in one sitting.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Depends on the type of mermaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvUAYhDxbF4&t=16s

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Ursula is Ariel’s aunt, yet she’s a whole different fish on the bottom.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Just a pent up sailor staring out into the ocean and commenting to the first mate "My god, I'm so bored I'd gently caress... THAT THING! *points to a whale passing by"*

Calm down, Melville.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

Ursula is a cecaelia, not a mermaid, and is not Ariel's aunt canonically. :colbert:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

Mollusk.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Babe Magnet posted:

Is there like a gradient between the thick muscle fibre of the mammal, and the flaky sheets of tissue on the fish end? Or just a hard boundary?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Amoeba102 posted:

Calm down, Melville.

Uh, excuse me, it's pretty drat obvious Melville had the hots for Queequeg.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Platypuses don't have tits, they secrete milk through pores in their skin and the younglings lap it up.

Every time I think I have a handle on how weird platypuses are, they're still weirder.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Samovar posted:

Uh, excuse me, it's pretty drat obvious Melville had the hots for Queequeg.

Clearly both.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If disney didn't want people thinking about Ariel's tits they wouldn't have given her a clamshell bikini.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Babe Magnet posted:

Eating a mermaid will make you immortal, and then you are above all the humans and can eat whoever you want.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

marshmallow creep posted:

Eating a mermaid will make you immortal, and then you are above all the humans and can eat whoever you want.

But are you a cannibal until you swallow the first bite?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I got this reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Doesn't that run a high chance of you dying horribly though? I blame the mercury myself.