Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Had a big ole belly laugh at the scooter army reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Those scooters were the only thing they could ride on in order to navigate the traffic of Hong Kong.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Time Idiots excited by Scoots McGoots, and not Ava's hologram was priceless.

As was Ray thinking Nate was asking him and not Zari if he wanted the first ride

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Davros1 posted:

The Time Idiots excited by Scoots McGoots, and not Ava's hologram was priceless.

As was Ray thinking Nate was asking him and not Zari if he wanted the first ride

Look, Ava's thing was neat and all but it just meant "this tells you when work needs doing".

Scooters are just fun as poo poo. They're like easy skateboards.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
i love this show and i really don't like saying this but the nate/zari story is hawkman/hawkgirl all over again

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

AtraMorS posted:

i love this show and i really don't like saying this but the nate/zari story is hawkman/hawkgirl all over again

This is where I am at. It’s lighter, sure, because the show is better now, but it feels forced in a really strange way.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Trevor Hale posted:

This is where I am at. It’s lighter, sure, because the show is better now, but it feels forced in a really strange way.

It's the alternative universe thing. It stops being about these crazy cats falling in love and it becomes one crazy cat who's running after someone who's never heard of him before because he saw her photo on a broken robot.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Yeah, it'd be more palatable if she had shown any interest in him at all in this timeline, but she's basically alternated between "get this creep away from me" and "eh, I'll spend time with the creep if it means I get to ride a fun scooter."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She's absolutely going to get the memories of the former timeline but Nate will have likely found a new lady which will make a further mess of things.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The Nate/Zari romance has been kind of an anchor on the show since it started. It just wasn't blatant because Mona was also in. Honestly upon rewatch Mona was just there but Nate/Zari actively dragged.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Rhyno posted:

She's absolutely going to get the memories of the former timeline

Yeah, the inevitability of this part is also something I find a bit hosed up. Old Zari doesn't have more of a right to exist than new Zari, and trying to "make her remember" (which doesn't actually make sense, she's not brainwashed, she's a different, if similar, person) or restore her to who she was or whatever is a bad look.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Give Zari speed force so she can make a speed clone of herself with old Zari memories

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Put Zari's old brain inside Gorilla Grodd.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

I also loved Ava’s smug grin when unveiling The Prognosticator. She’s such an adorable nerd.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Open Source Idiom posted:

Yeah, the inevitability of this part is also something I find a bit hosed up. Old Zari doesn't have more of a right to exist than new Zari, and trying to "make her remember" (which doesn't actually make sense, she's not brainwashed, she's a different, if similar, person) or restore her to who she was or whatever is a bad look.

Absolutely agree. The worst case scenario is going to be everyone else expressing relief when flannel and jeans Zari comes back as if that is somehow “better” than the other Zari.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I feel the thing about old vs new Zari is a nonissue. If it were close enough to something in real life, we could draw analogies, but the concept of having a second timeline appear in your head is so far out of the wheelhouse of reality that it's easy to speedforce a reason why it's not a problem--just say that she is, somehow, magically both. See also: Ollie's daughter on Arrow (yeah I watched the final two eps), who's practically a dry run for the idea. They didn't kill socialite Mia and replace her with dystopian warrior Mia, she's both the old Mia with new Mia's memories, and new Mia with old Mia's memories. Obviously in real life we'd have to draw conclusions from actual science, but in the Arrowverse we can just assume (unless explicitly stated otherwise) that the science and metaphysics say it's totally okay, like something something time neurons continuity of consciousness single soul whatever.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
From a narrative standpoint, though, Zari Terazi's whole role so far has been character development for other characters, Nate, Behrad, and Ava (her focus episodes so far have been more about Ava and Nate than about her). Especially if this ends with her fully adopting Zari Tomaz's mannerisms, Zari Terazi will honestly have been shortchanged by the narrative pretty bad.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Big fan of BehradxCharlie. Big fan of Behard full stop, glad he seems to be sticking around for the long term.

Took me ages to work out it was Terry Chen under all that makeup. He's wonderful.

Is this the second or third time they've gone to the "historical character is going to murder a politician, whoops!" well? Grod tried it twice, once with Barrak and once in the Vietnam episode? And I'm sure there's at least one more...

Senerio posted:

From a narrative standpoint, though, Zari Terazi's whole role so far has been character development for other characters, Nate, Behrad, and Ava (her focus episodes so far have been more about Ava and Nate than about her). Especially if this ends with her fully adopting Zari Tomaz's mannerisms, Zari Terazi will honestly have been shortchanged by the narrative pretty bad.

Reminds me of what they did with Zari back in Season Three, where they deliberately held the character back until the season's back half.

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds
Like others I am super sad that Ray and Nora are leaving the show but I just realized that we'll get a Legends wedding episode before they go(maybe, hopefully)!!!!! I don't even like wedding episodes but I really want to see their take on it.

If Sarah and Ava hijack the wedding Felicity-style I will never stop laughing.

So not to complete derail with fan fiction: I feel like the show has deliberately - if gently - emphasized that Nate has jerkish tendencies this season and am trying to think of why they'd do this? They've been so good at avoiding doing this to any of the characters in the past that it feels like it can't be accidental, or that they really think they're writing him really sympathetically.

Rain Brain fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 28, 2020

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rain Brain posted:

Like others I am super sad that Ray and Nora are leaving the show but I just realized that we'll get a Legends wedding episode before they go(maybe, hopefully)!!!!! I don't even like wedding episodes but I really want to see their take on it.

Have I got great news for you

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Open Source Idiom posted:

Is this the second or third time they've gone to the "historical character is going to murder a politician, whoops!" well? Grod tried it twice, once with Barrak and once in the Vietnam episode? And I'm sure there's at least one more...

There was the one with Nixon and the truth fly, I can't recall if anyone was trying to kill him.

Rain Brain
Dec 15, 2006

in ghostlier demarcations, keener sounds

Ah this is great! This dumb show makes me so happy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rain Brain posted:

Ah this is great! This dumb show makes me so happy.

I assume Dahrk is another Encore who promptly buggers off to do his own thing including seeing his daughter's wedding.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
It would be great if Damien Darkhe flipped out & did all of his Encore shenanigans AT his daughter's wedding. Extra points if he wiggs out during the father-daughter dance.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I bet the wedding is a sham (Sara: "keep him busy", Ray: "Hey Mr Darkh, we're, uh... We're getting married!") but ends up being real.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
My dream Scenario.

The team find out that He's back as an Encore. They travel to whatever time he's in to find out what he's up to. They burst in on him to find... he's opened a cake shop (I seem to recall a plot from when he was on the waverider, that he's good at baking?). He's super cheery to see them, and gives them a tour of his kitchen, while wearing a frilly pink apron. Then he finds out about the wedding, and wedding shenanigans proceed from there.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

If we're lucky, this is actually a backdoor pilot and Ray and Nora are leaving to star in their own Arrowverse sitcom, where they get married and move into a cul-de-sac (in hell possibly?) and have to live next to Damien Darhk, one of the most powerful dark sorcerers the world has ever known... who also happens to be Nora's father!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Argue posted:

If we're lucky, this is actually a backdoor pilot and Ray and Nora are leaving to star in their own Arrowverse sitcom, where they get married and move into a cul-de-sac (in hell possibly?) and have to live next to Damien Darhk, one of the most powerful dark sorcerers the world has ever known... who also happens to be Nora's father!

They could call it ‘Everybody loves Raymond’

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
"Raymond Loves Everybody"

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

"Dr. Palmer, or how I learned to stop worrying and love The Atom."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
At long last, we've come back to Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

At long last, we've come back to Ray Palmer: Time Heterosexual.

I've seen the way he looks at Nate

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Argue posted:

"A Ray in the Darhk"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
It's super rare I laugh out loud to something I'm watching alone but this episode got me 4 times. Constantine lighting up a cigarette the millisecond he found out he's dying from lung cancer (no point in quitting now), the white dove behind Khan, Nate yelling out "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN" when he found the scooter duplicates, and the Khan army on scooters reveal. I also like the Constantine storyline so this is a top 5 episode of all time for me.

I dunno, maybe I'm just in a great mood but this episode had me in the palm of its hand.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 29, 2020

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also Nate has a well documented history of trying to bang anything and everything. See that time he almost had sex with Ray's mom trying to rebound off of Amaya.

Legends of horny tomorrow

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Please don't tell me they're showing repeats because of the primary...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Flash is a re-run, Legends is new.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nooneofconsequence posted:

Please don't tell me they're showing repeats because of the primary...
I wish I could say otherwise buuuut
https://twitter.com/ketomizu/status/1234890568020320256

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Ooft. Wasn't Legends the Arrowverse show that did all those "Go vote! Engage politically already!" promos? Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's definitely different from what they were saying before.