Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

fadam posted:

What's the most based out of these: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Dynasty Warriors 8, Fire Emblem Warriors. I loved Hyrule Warriors and I'm looking for a replacement.

PW3 and DW 8 are two of the best in the series so I would go with whichever setting appeals to you most. Be aware that the base DW8 game is pushing 7 years old now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Mutant year zero has popped up on sale, 40% off. I remember this piqueing my curiosity when it came out on steam but forgot about it till now.
Anyone tried it?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
God damnit I caved and got skyrim. I've barely even started botw, what am I doing.

At least I also scooped up doom 1 and 2

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Goons! I just got the paraglider (and subsequently heard the backstory) in BOTW, was told to go see Impa, and holy poo poo that's far away :stare:

I barely got away from a gang of huuuuuge moblins, and haven't even gotten to the dueling peaks yet, but goddamn... I. Am. Sold.

Between this and Mario Maker 2, I won't need a new game for a VERY long time.

Switch good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The first 6 hours of BOTW might be the best experience in gaming history. Enjoy.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goons! I just got the paraglider (and subsequently heard the backstory) in BOTW, was told to go see Impa, and holy poo poo that's far away :stare:

I barely got away from a gang of huuuuuge moblins, and haven't even gotten to the dueling peaks yet, but goddamn... I. Am. Sold.

Between this and Mario Maker 2, I won't need a new game for a VERY long time.

Switch good.

I just got a switch, and an playing BotW now. It gets so much better.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

el dingo posted:

Mutant year zero has popped up on sale, 40% off. I remember this piqueing my curiosity when it came out on steam but forgot about it till now.
Anyone tried it?

Its not a SRPG/Tactics game, its a puzzle game with a SRPG coating. Always stealth, it is the only way you're getting through.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

How's Steamworld Heist? Looking for something to tide me over until animal crossing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

American McGay posted:

The first 6 hours of BOTW might be the best experience in gaming history. Enjoy.

Nah, the castle onward is better than anything in the rest of the game

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Oh, wow, this crap is on the Switch now too

https://store.steampowered.com/app/635310/Ski_Sniper/

quote:

The game is designed to be skillfully humorous ^^

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Urgh I have to send out a joycon for repair since it's drifting again after already having it sent for repairs in September, and I hope it's back in time for Animal Crossing.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

el dingo posted:

Anyone tried it?

I'm also hella curious. Some dude on twitter said the port is v bad though. Eager to hear Goon Opinions(TM)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

What's the most based out of these: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, Dynasty Warriors 8, Fire Emblem Warriors. I loved Hyrule Warriors and I'm looking for a replacement.

OPW3 is the one with the most gimmicky characters if you want a cast that all play very differently. It does have a couple really annoying levels that remind me of the boss monsters from HW except worse.

DW8 has an absolutely insane amount of content (around 80 characters though as weapons determine a good chunk of their movelist you do end up some fairly similar ones.) The campaign is pretty lengthy and on top of that there's a few fun bonus modes including one that is basically Empires lite where you build up an army and fortress through collecting characters and resources in missions.

Fire Emblem Warriors I can't really recommend unless you're a Fire Emblem fan. It's the most polished of these three, but as it basically copies the classes from the strategy games you end up with a ton of characters that play really similarly. However, the campaign is pretty fun and it has the closest thing to adventure mode in the historical battles.

So basically I'd say DW8 unless you really like the franchises featured in the others.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mokinokaro posted:

Fire Emblem Warriors I can't really recommend unless you're a Fire Emblem fan. It's the most polished of these three, but as it basically copies the classes from the strategy games you end up with a ton of characters that play really similarly. However, the campaign is pretty fun and it has the closest thing to adventure mode in the historical battles.

As a counterpoint, I wasn't a Fire Emblem fan (and I'm still not really), and it's my favorite Warriors game to date. If nothing else, it has some of the most competent AI I've ever seen in a Warriors game, and that's worth its weight in gold.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

RBA Starblade posted:

Nah, the castle onward is better than anything in the rest of the game

That is the first 6 hours of the game (unless you are a coward)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

when’s the next direct already

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

glassyalabolas posted:

How's Steamworld Heist? Looking for something to tide me over until animal crossing.

it's really fun, I'm not usually big on turn based strategy games but I enjoyed it a lot. the bullet ricochet mechanic is great.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Augus posted:

when’s the next direct already

E3

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

glassyalabolas posted:

It's as fun as it looks, so if you like what you see in the trailer, you'll probably enjoy it. Worth the discounted price.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Polo-Rican posted:

That is the first 6 hours of the game (unless you are a coward)

:hmmyes:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

glassyalabolas posted:

Love Heist, lots of neat little collectibles, good vibe. And it's turn-based with unlimited timers which makes it great portable

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
+1 on steamworld heist, didn't care for the aesthetic so stayed away but bought it on sale and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
I wish the Steamworld ppl would find a new aesthetic/brand so bad

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The Dig games are fine and high res 2D art + 3d lighting is gorgeous but Heist is ugly and shows the limitations of the approach.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Heist is fantastic and I wish there were three more of it

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
WHERE THE gently caress IS THE GODDAMN SLAY THE SPIRE PATCH.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
One time I sold a big box of old PC games and random junk on SA Mart but I was too lazy to ship it and then the period of plausible deniability had passed so I just lied and said that the recent tornados in the area must have hosed up the mail delivery and refunded the guy.

So what I'm saying is that maybe tornados accidentally intercepted the Spire patch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i made a purchase

they are comfy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That A button is hanging on for dear life.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They're very good joycon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i don't think the slay the spire patch is on any console yet?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
RF4 update: Been trying to get an apple tree seed and finally got one. Planted it and went to water it, but instead I equipped my hammer and flattened the tile which destroyed the seeds. I am currently my avatar

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

American McGay posted:

That A button is hanging on for dear life.
don't worry it is very secure

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Leal posted:

RF4 update: Been trying to get an apple tree seed and finally got one. Planted it and went to water it, but instead I equipped my hammer and flattened the tile which destroyed the seeds. I am currently my avatar

loving LOL.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I was always partial to Duke’s secret hunting grunt
“Unf unf unf unf unf...where is it?..unf unf unf”

In Duke Nukem 64 the ai Dukes would make this noise almost nonstop, getting louder as you get closer to finding them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They need to do an expansion pack for Ring Fit Adventure with a new questline and a set of free weights that clip on to the Joycons

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I had to take a break from Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but I'm really wanting to get back to it. I'm halfway through the Chapter 4 dungeon, but anytime I run into any savage mirage I just immediately get 1-shot killed. I'm even playing on Friendly and it's still pretty challenging to me. Do I need to spend more time in the leveling area in Bloom Palace, collecting XP tomes? Any tips?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Savage enemies are always scaled to be above your level no matter what and are intended to be fought using every trick you can throw at them. SP attacks, ad libs if you can rig one, pretty much anything goes and you need to be explicitly hunting them if you want to kill one.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Artix posted:

Savage enemies are always scaled to be above your level no matter what and are intended to be fought using every trick you can throw at them. SP attacks, ad libs if you can rig one, pretty much anything goes and you need to be explicitly hunting them if you want to kill one.

Is there any way I can avoid them? I'd like to at all costs, but there's nothing I can do when they appear in front of me and then start chasing me down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Serious answer, just carry around a bunch of smoke balls, they're a guaranteed escape from battle and they cost like 200 yen at the dark hee ho Mart clerk.