Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
She should of just outright said no in the beginning instead of pussyfooting around and muting them in college. It also sounds like the cousin was in a sharp decline in health and the family was desperate.

I would've been on her side if she hadn't said anything about the will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dear Aunt,

Peace be with you. I have uncovered a plot where The OP seeks to kill The Cousin.

Your humble spymaster,

The Cousin

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my gf I respect her less for helping her friend have an affair?

Yesterday I was talking to my gf who told me she was going to watch her friends cat this Tuesday but cancelled because her friend asked her to watch the cat on Saturday instead. The last time my gf watched the friends cat, she did it so her friend could get a heart exam.

Curious, this time i asked why she was going to watch the friends cat. My gf told me that her friend had started seeing an old married collegue of hers and she was going to watch the cat so they could have time together. She followed this up by telling me her friend asked for the favor first, then divulged the information about why she wanted the favor. My girlfriend followed this up by saying apparently the husband had a lovely relationship with his wife, he is planning to leave her, and that the wife is allegedly crazy (allegedly shes bipolar). She said her friend told her she gave the husband three months to decide what to do. My girlfriend told me shes uncomfortable with the situation and doesnt want to lose a friend so cognitive dissonance has had her laughing along with her friend about the affair and willing to watch the cat while she's seeing the husband.

Upon hearing all this I told my gf i respect her differently as I thought she would be more moral. I dont expect her to drop a friend for having a lovely dating life, but she definitely should not be complicit in ruining a marriage regardless of the backstory (which is likely biased as it was told to her by her friend). I told her its probably better to tell her friend she doesnt want to get involved and definitely will not help her break up a marriage by watching her cat, but to still remain friends. My gf claims its none if her business and she doesnt want to lose a friend. I told her its her business if shes helping an affair and she definitely shouldn't be joking about it cognitive dissonance or no.

So as of right now my gf is hurt because I told her i respect her less and shes lovely for helping someone have an affair. She says she needs time to work out how she feels as she doesnt want to lose a friend. I told her her friend is lovely if she drops her for not wanting to be involved in an affair. AITA?

Edit: Made a few tweaks for accuracy to the post after sending it to my gf. Also wanted to point out I asked her how she would feel if someone helped me cheat on her. She said she would hate it. I told her then she shouldn't be involved.

Also, my gf deals with social anxiety and often struggles to go against convention or to upset others.

I love my GF and definitely dont intend to leave her. I just want her to acknowledge this is hosed up and ideally to not be complicit in an affair

For everyone asking about the cat, i asked her and her friend and the husband were planning on going to another city together and she would be staying the night at least

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
My (22f) boyfriend (24m) just got a circumcision after an argument. How do I respond to this?

quote:

Before anyone asks, no this isn't a shitpost, it's all very very real and I'm beyond confused. Throwaway for obvious reasons.

We've been together just over 18 months, though the first few months we were FWB. He's an atheist. He's met my family more than once but only met my full extended family last month at my cousin's wedding. It was a traditional Jewish ceremony, with the canopy and the glass and the hora and all that stuff, because my family is Jewish. Some of us are very religious, but my immediate branch of the family (me, mum, dad, brother, sister) isn't. We observe the main holidays and go to synagogue sometimes but we're not super devout like some sections of my family are. This cousin was from the more devout section of the family.

Because he'd never met several relatives before, and I'm kind of the baby of the family (youngest in the entire family despite being 22) he basically got interrogated. I did ask them to go easy on him, but it only seemed to spur them on. On the drive home, completely unprompted, he made a "joke" about now knowing where I got my (very typically Jewish) nose from. I immediately got defensive, and this quickly escalated into an argument where he basically said he felt several aspects of my faith were absurd and strange because he didn't understand them, and my response was that he was free to ask all the questions he wanted, but he'd never tried to ask any before now. I said it's not like I want him to convert, but I need him to respect it, even if he doesn't fully understand it, the way I respect his atheism. I've never asked him to come with me to synagogue or participate in festivals or speak Yiddish, the closest I've come to asking him to be involved with my faith is coming to the wedding with me and when I make latkes.

So we had this argument, I thought it was resolved after my final statement about me asking for respect for it but participation not being necessary, however he's gone and got himself circumcised. He was at his place the last couple of nights, apparently recovering from minor surgery, and I didn't even know what he'd done until I tried to initiate sex tonight and he told me he physically couldn't because he'd had a circumcision. My response was something along the lines of "what the gently caress!?" He said that he wanted to show me he could understand and keep an open mind about my faith, but he's not converted because he still doesn't believe in it, and the religious aspect of circumcision wasn't done for that reason, so he's essentially just had his foreskin removed to prove a point. I just said "what the gently caress" again and he said he had to get up early in the morning and went to his place.

I have absolutely no idea whatsoever as to how to even begin to respond to this. I can't tell if I should be flattered or concerned that he removed part of his genitals for me, because like sure there are health benefits but he's done this with the religion in mind despite not being religious. I just have no clue how he got from "please respect my religion" to "get circumcised". Has anyone got any idea what I should say/do going forward?

TL;DR: I asked my boyfriend to respect (but not follow) my Jewish faith and he got a circumcision. I have no idea how to respond. Thoughts?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

SpaceViking posted:

My (22f) boyfriend (24m) just got a circumcision after an argument. How do I respond to this?
Holy poo poo, I can see why the OP had to clarify that this isn't a shitpost.

That was an... impulsive decision.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

SpaceViking posted:

Murder him while he's still disoriented.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SpaceViking posted:

:sever:

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I don’t believe it unless OP saw that mangled dick with her own eyes.

Edit: looks like he whipped it out and for sure went under the knife. Wowza. Talk about cutting your dick to spite your girlfriend.

Dazerbeams fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 28, 2020

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for wanting a dry wedding?

I recently got engaged and have been excitedly planning our wedding. My fiancé and I both knew who we wanted on our sides and asked them very cleverly right away. My girls and I made a chat group to discuss details and such. My MOH is my sister and she’s always been much more of a party girl than me. One of my bridesmaids is under 21 and will be at the time of the wedding. Ny fiancé and I decided we wanted a dry wedding, for a plethora of reasons— mostly just that we don’t want it there but also because our venue doesn’t allow it. My sister made a joke about sneaking drinks to my under 21 bridesmaid and I casually commented that there wasn’t going to be alcohol. Later my sister made a passive aggressive comment about it but that was it. Until this week. I sent the bridesmaids a picture of the dress I picked out and she didn’t like that it is going to cover her cleavage. She then proceeded to write several paragraphs about how my wedding was going to be boring and people weren’t going to have fun because there wasn’t going to be alcohol and I should really reconsider. It was so condescending and gave me flashbacks to my lovely ex who would gaslight me all the time.

“I do think you should reconsider the dry wedding part. I know you two don't drink, but the reception is a party, really for the guests. Dry weddings aren't super fun for the guests and people don't dance as much and tend to leave fairly quickly. Their are other ways to cut the cost of alcohol. Cash bar, BYOB...etc. but dry weddings are really not as fun and people don't enjoy them as much. We can find a way to get creative, but I do think it would be a mistake. I want your wedding to be fun and I want people to enjoy it and celebrate with you. I think no alcohol will hurt that .”

I told her that I understood that she thought she was helping but that it came across as judgemental and hurtful, to which she said

“You can be irritated but I only want what’s best for you”

Our plan is to have a smaller scale after party at his parents house with a fire pit and alcohol, but we haven’t told anyone yet because the wedding is still like a year and a half out.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

SpaceViking posted:

This man is not mentally well

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Bridesmaid sounds like my kind of woman. Fighting for her right to drink booze and show off her tits at a wedding.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I don't get why business monster didn't just lie about being a match though, that seems like the easiest solution (if you're an rear end in a top hat). Like isn't that crazy irresponsible of the doctor to be like "hey cousin X is a match, so uhhh I guess hassle them a bunch to do this".

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Trapick posted:

I don't get why business monster didn't just lie about being a match though, that seems like the easiest solution (if you're an rear end in a top hat). Like isn't that crazy irresponsible of the doctor to be like "hey cousin X is a match, so uhhh I guess hassle them a bunch to do this".

Eh, it's a 20 year old, I almost wonder if that is a post-fact justification she made up for herself without realizing how loving horrible it sounds

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Trapick posted:

She's showing off her true colors about the whole thing to look for a husband, which she'll furious mate with for 5 days until satisfied that she's been impregnated, and then finally eats him

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
It's total speculation, but based on the stone cold behavior on display I wouldn't be surprised if she did intend to donate... until grandma croaked early and the will could no longer be modified. Granny was supposed to live another two months. With that out of the way, maybe she just decided "poo poo's locked in now, forget it!".

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my gf I respect her less for helping her friend have an affair?

If shes covering and helping a friend do that its because she expects them to help her when she starts having her own affair.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bruceski posted:

Murder him while he's still disoriented.

It apparently works very well!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Too late.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA (22M) for putting my friend (22F) in the shower when she was hammered?

Last Saturday, about 10-12 of us all went out and got progressively drunker as the night went on. Pretty standard - me and 3 others took an Uber back around 3ish to a McDonalds that we all live within about a 10-15 minute walk of (we’re all students). One of my friends (let’s call her C) who I’ve known since we started uni (over 3 years ago) was smashed. Almost chundered in the uber, had to stop and have her step out for a minute before getting back in. She seemed a bit better after that and we decided to go inside to Maccies but she went to the toilets almost straightaway to throw up (got a bit over her dress and in her hair).

Since we’re not 17/18 and are actual adults we’ve all adopted a ‘you’re 22 you can look after yourself, if you’re kicked out of a club get an Uber home by yourself - essentially if you’re too drunk you’re on your own’. Although tbf we do usually help each other out since it’s just easier (or if they’re absolutely paralytic) and everyone’s happy with this. We’re adults. No grudges. But since me and C live in the same building, and she’s a girl, I volunteered/she asked me to take her home and look after her for a bit. No big deal.

We got in and I told her to go have a shower while I make her a cup of tea. She said she was too drunk, chundered a little bit again and asked if I could help her. She seemed more worse for wear than she was earlier. I said sure and just helped her get undressed and helped turn the shower on. She could do most it herself, but she asked me to stay and I just handed her shower gel and had to hold the shower head a couple of times for a minute or so. She dried herself but I had to get her pjs out and help put her bottoms on. She asked me to stay over to which I said sure, went to mine to change and then came down and gave her a cup of tea but she knocked out after like 2 sips. Around a year ago she and my gf once had to put me in the shower as well in similar circumstances.

We slept on the same bed and I left in the morning after checking she was fine for her to get some more sleep. My gf was totally okay with this and literally didn’t think twice about it - she barely even asked about details. Most of our mutual friends also didn’t even consider it to be even slightly abnormal.

However, a couple of C’s friends found this like ridiculously inappropriate and that I was taking advantage of her (we’re 22 or older, everyone in our friend group has seen everyone else naked multiple times). But because she was hammered and I’d sobered up they saw it as harassment/assaul or something. They also thought it was worse because I have a gf and they complained to her (even though they barely know her) and now she’s upset. C thought it was perfectly normal too and is on my side but she’s also a bit upset now (although more because disrespectful towards gf).

The friends gave me a proper bollocking saying it’s harassment at the least and know I’m thinking maybe it was wrong so AITA?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

quote:

you’re 22 you can look after yourself
lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Awful lot of guys in that thread insisting that since the black out drunk girl said she wanted to shower the only proper thing to do is help her shower.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
that boy seems extremely proud of being 22 years old, manages to mention it like 6 times in one post when it's actually a detail that's completely irrelevant to the central question

also he's the one who originally told her to take a shower, she didn't even want to at first

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Play posted:

that boy seems extremely proud of being 22 years old, manages to mention it like 6 times in one post when it's actually a completely irrelevant detail to the central question

I mean, they're not 17/18, they're adults.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Play posted:

also he's the one who originally told her to take a shower, she didn't even want to at first
Huh?

That is not how I read it.

Relevant line:

quote:

We got in and I told her to go have a shower while I make her a cup of tea. She said she was too drunk, chundered a little bit again and asked if I could help her. She seemed more worse for wear than she was earlier. I said sure and just helped her get undressed and helped turn the shower on. She could do most it herself, but she asked me to stay
She said she was too drunk to take a shower, threw up more, and then asked him to help her take a shower.

This entire story should be a complete non-story except for her friends are getting weird about it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

quote:

We got in and I told her to go have a shower while I make her a cup of tea.

He's the one who brought up showering in the first place is what I meant. He almost seems fixated on it.

A drunken rear end friend who's a girl, just make sure she's done puking and put her in bed!! That's all that needs to be done in that situation. Nothing else. Definitely not a guided shower session while too drunk to understand that they're getting naked in front of someone they normally wouldn't be!

When people are that drunk you need to be even more cautious of boundaries because they're not capable of doing so

Play fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 29, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Play posted:

that boy seems extremely proud of being 22 years old, manages to mention it like 6 times in one post when it's actually a detail that's completely irrelevant to the central question

Surprisingly not how reddit reads it. Once a stumbling black out drunk girl has agreed to something literally nothing else matters and you can freely follow through with it and be NTA.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Polyamory is attracted to sexually themed activities that let you look down on those who have to actually do it for a living, hence why polyamory loves burlesque, silks, and other psuedo-eroticism.

The guy whose girlfriend is helping her friend have an affair needs to just dump her now before she gets to take her skillset from theory to practical

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Play posted:

He's the one who brought up showering in the first place is what I meant. He almost seems fixated on it.

A drunken rear end friend who's a girl, just make sure she's done puking and put her in bed!! That's all that needs to be done in that situation. Nothing else. Definitely not a guided shower session while too drunk to understand that they're getting naked in front of someone they normally wouldn't be!

When people are that drunk you need to be even more cautious of boundaries because they're not capable of doing so
Ok except

quote:

My gf was totally okay with this and literally didn’t think twice about it - she barely even asked about details. Most of our mutual friends also didn’t even consider it to be even slightly abnormal.

However, a couple of C’s friends found this like ridiculously inappropriate and that I was taking advantage of her (we’re 22 or older, everyone in our friend group has seen everyone else naked multiple times)
Portions of this friend group are clearly comfortable with each other to this extent. Hell, portions of my friend group would probably be ok with this sort of thing (if we were still young/immature enough to be getting completely hammered going out).

Was it probably kinda dumb and ill-considered? Yeah. Sure doesn't sound malicious or creepy though, at least in the way the OP presents it. Obviously he could be super-sugar-coating it.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kenshin posted:

Ok except

Portions of this friend group are clearly comfortable with each other to this extent. Hell, portions of my friend group would probably be ok with this sort of thing (if we were still young/immature enough to be getting completely hammered going out).

Was it probably kinda dumb and ill-considered? Yeah. Sure doesn't sound malicious or creepy though, at least in the way the OP presents it. Obviously he could be super-sugar-coating it.

I get that, but even if not malicious I just consider it unnecessary. Seeing someone naked a few times is not carte blanche to see them naked whenever you want. A bunch of my friends have seen girlfriends of mine naked but that doesn't mean I'd be comfortable with them taking her clothes off and putting her in a shower while she's blackout drunk.

Maybe it wasn't malicious, I still think it's overstepping. Unless you have total and complete permission (while NOT blackout drunk) I don't see the point of doing this. But you're right, it's not quite as bad as it looked at first, assuming he's actually telling the full truth here.

Barudak posted:

The guy whose girlfriend is helping her friend have an affair needs to just dump her now before she gets to take her skillset from theory to practical

On the plus side I'd say helping her cheat in this way is a lot better than helping her friend cheat on her own partner. What I mean is, the professor in the story is actually the one cheating as the friend doesn't have a partner

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Dry weddings suck but it’s just one night if you can’t abstain from alcohol for one night then you have a problem

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Do it ironically posted:

Dry weddings suck but it’s just one night if you can’t abstain from alcohol for one night then you have a problem

weddings suck, dry weddings are intolerable and clearly anybody demanding a dry wedding is a loving sadist

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

It sounds like the dude made an off the cuff suggestion and the drunk girl thought it was good even though she was too drunk to follow through on her own. Considering there’s history between them of helping each other out while one is plastered, this doesn’t seem like any boundaries were crossed. Only a bunch of third party weirdos are kicking up a stink.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dazerbeams posted:

It sounds like the dude made an off the cuff suggestion and the drunk girl thought it was good even though she was too drunk to follow through on her own. Considering there’s history between them of helping each other out while one is plastered, this doesn’t seem like any boundaries were crossed. Only a bunch of third party weirdos are kicking up a stink.

Yeah, what's conspicuously missing here is C's opinions on any of it now she's sobered up.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

quote:

C thought it was perfectly normal too and is on my side but she’s also a bit upset now (although more because disrespectful towards gf).

:confused:

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
AITA for telling my dad my mom put trackers in his van?

quote:

So this has been going on for my whole life. My mother has always suspected my dad is cheating on her. Ive always heard about their failing marriage and accusations and a lot of other poo poo a kid shouldnt hear about. Its always weighed on me because theyre my parents and i want them to be happy.

About 7 months ago my mom put a tracker on my dads phone. she pleaded for me and my sister to help her set it up but i refused. Finally my sister did it for her and from that day on she has non stop called us everyday about where he goes throughout the day. (Along with rants about what she thinks hes doing, very explicit)

My dad takes my nieces to school in the morning, leaves at 6 and gets home at 7ish and then is home all the way until 2, thats when he has to pick up the kids from school. He gets home at 3 and is there for the rest of the day.

My dad does side jobs as a mechanic bc he doesnt work so he does leave occasionally but he mainly works feom home. my moms works from 6 to 9am and then leaves again in the afternoon around the same time my dad leaves and doesnt get home until 7.

Anyway, my mom escalated the tracking to putting a camera in her bathroom and in a couple other places. Well she calls us up owith the news that she finally caught him in the act with the bathroom camera.

My heart sank i was so devastated that it was true, but i didnt want to see the video.

She says she sees him in there with another woman and a lot of very detailed inappropriate things about what he is doing in there. This video is in the morning while the kids are getting dressed and is about 10 minutes long. I ask how the person got in etc. Long story short she doesnt have an answer to any of the questions. So my sister watches this video because my mom is practically begging for validation of it. She told my sister it was a video of him "taking care of himself", which is nothing like what she told me.

My sis watches the video and calls me to tell me that you cant see anyone in it and from the noises it just sounds like one of the kids getting ready for school.

Fast forward a few weeks and we're all a little fed up with my moms non stop convos about my dad. But she needs solid proof. So she gets 3 trackers/cameras for his van.

Im talking to my dad normally the other day and he tells me that he saw my mom in his van doing crazy stuff. I didnt say much but he continued to tell me that he knows my mom told everyone about her this and he was upset to be seen as the bad guy when he isnt doing anything. My dad isnt an open book so when he told me this i was shocked he would discuss something so serious with me.

I kind of caved since i was already fed up with the situation and i told him that she had trackers in his van. He found them today. My mom called me this morning frantic that he found them and is freaking out about how she is going to know where he is now.

So AITA for telling him about the trackers?

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure OP's mother has committed at least one felony there.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for refusing to grant my cousin a kidney?

Finally someone using cognatic primogeniture instead of gavelkind

The outcome is like pure CKII too it brings a tear to my eye. However she is a bad person Holy gently caress that is cold.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 29, 2020

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my sister to uninvite her friend to my son's destination wedding?

My son's wedding will be at one of those "everything included" resorts in Mexico end of May.

The hotel fee is per person so you aren't going to pay less if you have another person in your room.

My older sister invited one of her friends to go with her to Mexico.

She wouldn't be invited to go to the actual wedding or the reception but will be hanging out during the rest of our "downtime" so if anyone wanted to spend time with my sister, we would also have to spend time with her friend.

My younger sister lives in Australia and so we don't see her very often.

I was looking forward to the "sisters hanging out" and now it would be the sisters and this random friend.

Yes, I have met her twice and younger sister has met her but that doesn't mean either of us want to hang out with her and what would we have to talk about with her?

She called my son's fiancee to "ask permission" and caught her off guard so of course, she said it was okay but my son called me and said that it "bothered him" that my sister would be bringing this person.

To top all of this off, my sister told me that their flight included an 8-hour layover in Houston and her friend's sister lives there so they called her to let her know they could meet up for a few hours and her friend invited her sister and said they could "play wedding crashers"

THAT really pissed me off because it seemed like they might really try to crash the reception.

I told my sister she had to uninvite her friend and that I didn't want her friend there.

So now my older sisters "feelings are hurt" and my younger sister "doesn't see what my problem with is"

They both seem to think "the more the merrier"

My son's wedding, he isn't comfortable with this and equally isn't comfortable telling his aunts this.

My sisters think I am being "unreasonable"

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Weren't there even letters from the traitor leaders saying "Let there be no mistake, this is about the right to own slaves." Which does somewhat cast a doubt over their good intentions to kill hundreds of thousands of their own countrymen.

Yeah and check this poo poo:

http://www.civildiscourse-historyblog.com/blog/2018/7/1/secession-documents-mississippi

This is the declaration of secession of Mississippi. It contains the line, "Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery- the greatest material interest of the world."

This is another great go-to when dealing with these dumb-gently caress dead-end poo poo-eating Lost Causers. "Oh, it wasn't about slavery? Why did the people who were actually seceding say it was?"

Confederates were scum, neo-confederates are even worse scum, and they should be hounded and humiliated with their lovely southern education until they just shut the gently caress up anytime someone so much as mentions the Civil War.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

SpaceViking posted:

She won the gently caress out of that argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

JonathonSpectre posted:

Yeah and check this poo poo:

http://www.civildiscourse-historyblog.com/blog/2018/7/1/secession-documents-mississippi

This is the declaration of secession of Mississippi. It contains the line, "Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery- the greatest material interest of the world."

This is another great go-to when dealing with these dumb-gently caress dead-end poo poo-eating Lost Causers. "Oh, it wasn't about slavery? Why did the people who were actually seceding say it was?"

Confederates were scum, neo-confederates are even worse scum, and they should be hounded and humiliated with their lovely southern education until they just shut the gently caress up anytime someone so much as mentions the Civil War.

You mean the War of Northern Aggression!

I legit laugh every time I remember that name.