Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Sarri subscribes to the Great Northern Conspiracy Theory by saying the quiet part out loud:

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsIT/status/1232934988636721154

"In Italy they would have given us two penalties"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
lol yeah I bet they would have

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

okay i know this isn't football related at all, and i only thought of this thread cause italian, but this guy owns and i wish i could send him some pasta

https://twitter.com/KoonboSom/status/1233182618608422912?s=20

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

All the matches supposed to be played without fans have been postponed to the 13th of May (!)

Udinese Fiorentina
Juventus Inter
Milan Genoa
Parma Spal
Sassuolo Brescia

Fiorentina was meant to play in less than 6 hours, players are already in Udine.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ugh that sucks, but it’s probably the right thing to do. It’s spread to the south apparently.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

Ugh that sucks, but it’s probably the right thing to do. It’s spread to the south apparently.

How is that the right thing to do, when the matches were supposed to be played in empty stadiums? Why are they playing in the south? It clearly has nothing to do with public health.

The logical precedence is that every.single.home match that was to be played without fans in the affected regions shall be postponed, starting with Milan - Juventus on wedensday (whilst Napoli - Inter should go ahead, for instance).

Of course, this won't happen - since the schedule would be/will be too congested, and now a select few clubs will have the sporting advantage of playing matches in front of supporters while some won't.

Juventus got their way in the end. What a loving poo poo and corrupt league, but what else is new.

GreatestLurker fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 29, 2020

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It’s the flu, fucks sake. Slap a fancy name on it and create a global crisis.

How many fucks in Italy die every day from eating too much mortadella? Probably more than the virus du jour from East Asia

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The best part is if Inter manages to get to the end of Europa League and Coppa Italia: there are ZERO free dates for the Inter-Sampdoria match that was postponed last week.

Edit: actually the best part is that Juventus Milan, on Wednesday so a whole whopping 72 hour after when Juve Inter should have been played, will go on as normal, with open stadium ONLY for fans who live in Piemonte.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 29, 2020

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ok I misread, I thought everyone was getting postponed and I forgot that we’re playing the second leg of the semi final on Wednesday.

I don’t see how Juve even needed an advantage here since the Milan squad is loving decimated but why not I guess.

I do still think it’s the right thing to do because the political and economic uproar over this whole mess is already at a breaking point. The Swiss have cancelled everything in their entire country, and there aren’t even any cases there. If italy does nothing the eu and other world organizations will be up their rear end even more and make things even worse. The footballing ramifications are annoying and bad, yes, but this is beyond football surely.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

It’s the flu, fucks sake. Slap a fancy name on it and create a global crisis.

How many fucks in Italy die every day from eating too much mortadella? Probably more than the virus du jour from East Asia

My dude the Mediterranean diet is good for you! We could all stand to eat more mortadella. And prosciutto....bresaola....speck.....mmmm

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

canepazzo posted:

ONLY for fans who live in Piemonte.

Ok now I buy all the conspiracy theories, lol

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

My dude the Mediterranean diet is good for you! We could all stand to eat more mortadella. And prosciutto....bresaola....speck.....mmmm

Soppressata?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

My dude I have a fancy Italian deli downstairs from my place, you don’t need to extol the virtues of the Mediterranean diet to me when I go and get a $15 sandwich and a hunk of three year old parmigiana and some dry sweet sausage, and dry spicy sausage, and now I’ve spent $60, and a jar of those peppers that are stuffed with a prosciutto wrapped cube of the stinkiest provolone

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

This is all just reminding me that my favorite day of the year growing up was sausage and cappicola making day with my nonno. :italy:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

Soppressata?

Hell,

Shrapnig posted:

My dude I have a fancy Italian deli downstairs from my place, you don’t need to extol the virtues of the Mediterranean diet to me when I go and get a $15 sandwich and a hunk of three year old parmigiana and some dry sweet sausage, and dry spicy sausage, and now I’ve spent $60, and a jar of those peppers that are stuffed with a prosciutto wrapped cube of the stinkiest provolone

Hell,

Robviously posted:

This is all just reminding me that my favorite day of the year growing up was sausage and cappicola making day with my nonno. :italy:

Hell,

Let’s all make a nice sandwich and be less mad.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Gigi Galli posted:

Hell,

Hell,

Hell,

Let’s all make a nice sandwich and be less mad.

My wife's actually the fancy Italian meats person. Wegmans of all places has a decent hot soppressata, she just eats small chunks of it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

canepazzo posted:

with open stadium ONLY for fans who live in Piemonte.

Why would Torino fans want to go to that match?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

silvergoose posted:

My wife's actually the fancy Italian meats person. Wegmans of all places has a decent hot soppressata, she just eats small chunks of it.

They do, I was impressed by the selection at ours.

trem_two posted:

Ok now I buy all the conspiracy theories, lol

I don’t, everyone who actually lives in Piemonte is a Torino fan :troll:

E: goddamnit drog lol

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So it appears that the government/health ministry had given the go ahead to play with closed doors, but it was a decision by the FA to postpone. Just to add that the decision was not for security/health reasons.

Also add finocchiona and sbriciolona to the list.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

So it appears that the government/health ministry had given the go ahead to play with closed doors, but it was a decision by the FA to postpone. Just to add that the decision was not for security/health reasons.

Also add finocchiona and sbriciolona to the list.

Maybe the FIGC decided to take matters in their own hands with regards to player health?

Tanc (I know) just said that France has blocked all events with more than 5000 people for health reasons, so all of their games are postponed. Not sure how true it is since he never posts a source.

Also lazio 2-0 up.

GreatestLurker
Sep 12, 2011

canepazzo posted:

Source?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/marifcinter/status/1233758779797385216

Italian ministry of Sports Spadafora:

"For the sporting events, after the first few days total block, we authorized, on the request of CONI and FIGC and the FAs, the option to play with closed doors, letting them decide if they wanted to take up this option"

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 29, 2020

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Bloomberg news is reporting that Milan's owners are about to acquire Twitter.

RIP banter era, hello Tanc's shadow ban

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/gentlemanultra/status/1233780157271465984?s=21

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So in order to save face explain, Juventus the Italian FA said that they had offered the postponement to monday (tomorrow) with open doors, but Inter refused.

Now, other than the fact that it's weird how the virus is dangerous today but not tomorrow, had Inter accepted, Juventus would have played tomorrow and then again on Wednesday against Milan for the Coppa Italia.

It's difficult not to go all :tinfoil: when they make it so blatant.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The open doors bit is confusing. The virus is too dangerous for today, but not tomorrow? Mmmk.

Meanwhile Juve have shut down their U23 side's activities altogether, as 3 players and the manager from their most recent opponent Pianese have tested positive for coronavirus.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

The open doors bit is confusing. The virus is too dangerous for today, but not tomorrow? Mmmk.

Meanwhile Juve have shut down their U23 side's activities altogether, as 3 players and the manager from their most recent opponent Pianese have tested positive for coronavirus.

I also don’t get how waiting one day is going to help at all other than assuming that less people will show up but...that’s not really how diseases work. Who’s getting paid (or not getting paid) is the real question I guess.

There were no group a or b Serie c games this weekend (mid and northern parts of the country) at all. Good thing I guess. What a mess.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/DaniellaMatar/status/1234120218169004033

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Remembering the source of the thread title, chinese Inter supporters insult Juve, then coronavirus appears in China. Coincidence? I don't think so!

Should I tweet this at Tanc so he can investigate this new conspiracy?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I like VAR but checking an offside call on 5-2 for Atalanta (was ruled onside after review) for the 6-2 is ridiculous, especially in the 88th minute.

And as I write this, 7-2.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

drat, that was a catastrophic second half, huh? I should have watched that.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/ChristianTolve/status/1234121181139210244

Found my new avi

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

lmao that's a long one, puttana porca madonna?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The league has prohibited fans from Lombardia, Emilia-Romagna and Veneto from going to the Juve - Milan match. Absurd, just loving delay it or play it in a closed stadium.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli posted:

lmao that's a long one, puttana porca madonna?

As he's from my home region, I can confidently say he's saying "Puttan della madonna"

Gigi Galli posted:

The league has prohibited fans from Lombardia, Emilia-Romagna and Veneto from going to the Juve - Milan match. Absurd, just loving delay it or play it in a closed stadium.

It's a loving clusterfuck. Tomorrow's Sampdoria Verona has been postponed; the next matchday matches: Atalanta Lazio, Inter Sassuolo, Verona Napoli, Bologna Juventus and Spal-Cagliari can only be played in closed stadiums.

I think the chance they are literally going to suspend the league is not that far-fetched anymore. NFI how that works tho, or if there is even any precedent.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

As he's from my home region, I can confidently say he's saying "Puttan della madonna"

It's a loving clusterfuck. Tomorrow's Sampdoria Verona has been postponed; the next matchday matches: Atalanta Lazio, Inter Sassuolo, Verona Napoli, Bologna Juventus and Spal-Cagliari can only be played in closed stadiums.

I think the chance they are literally going to suspend the league is not that far-fetched anymore. NFI how that works tho, or if there is even any precedent.

Oh lol, I was close!

I agree that it’s a mess. Gattuso went on a good rant yesterday on how moving all these games for some teams and not others is changing the whole meaning for almost all of the teams involved. They really should have postponed the whole league like Switzerland. Or gently caress it just cancel it. Give Juve the title and maybe just relegate Inter? I’d be ok with that.

If this wasn’t also affecting China and Saudi Arabia you can be sure the league would live to play the rest of the matches there.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I can think of a nation with plenty of large stadiums avail

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

trem_two posted:

lol, but also the virus will spread like wildfire there because people won't want to mortgage their house in order to be able to afford a medical check up :sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

lol