Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

When people mentioned that the artifact LL increase should be disabled my response was "yeah but do you really trust bungie to be able to code that?"

don’t worry, I’m sure their fix will work

It’s just gonna break something else in a hilarious way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Fly Molo posted:

Im sure telesto will be involved somehow

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Fly Molo posted:

What the... All my weapons fire a volley of sticky purple explosives??

Edit: gently caress you koala rear end bitch

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Fly Molo posted:

Jotunn becomes hitscan.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Fun night in the SBMM playlist!!!

https://i.imgur.com/lSVEuxV.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/QBLiFMv.gifv

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Trials is going to be so much fun! :allears:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Nah I’m sure trials will bring everyone back because they’ll use the d1y1 trials forma....lmaooo

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm am not a Very Good Gamer, but PvP in this game feels too much like abilities Rock, Paper, Scissors. I enjoy about two rounds of PvP, then go do anything else.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Bungie said CBMM and Card BMM. If so thats pretty cool.

I hppe there is the ability to keep playing once your card is done. Like in D1

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Captain Log posted:

Noted. I'm actually in striking distance of a title. I just need to do enough comp to unlock the Komodo, a high difficulty Sundail, and a deathless sundial.

If you get your flawless sundial run complete I can wrangle some guys to do legendary sundial for ya.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Adregan posted:

If you get your flawless sundial run complete I can wrangle some guys to do legendary sundial for ya.

:respek:

It would be fun to catch up sometime regardless. I owe the majority of my D1 accomplishments to your shepherding my dumb rear end around.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Made it to the last third of the Psion bosses health without dying.

Got caught by a purple orb right when I didn’t have enough in my mag to pop it and had to reload.

Died.

Furious.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I had a few frustrating deaths, too. Running a bullshit coward Defender helped.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

CheeseFactory posted:

Bungie said CBMM and Card BMM. If so thats pretty cool.

I hppe there is the ability to keep playing once your card is done. Like in D1

Bungie said on twitter today they’re actually going to switch to gpu based matchmaking GBMM. Basically matching people up with similar video cards/gpu. They think this should normalize frame rates between players better, fixing the problems they’ve had with warlock and other melee ttk and shoulder charge aiming. They’re trying to fix this by tinkering with the animation frames but have found GBMM works better than anything else. Unfortunately does not take into account Elo or any other skill based anymore.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fifty Three posted:

I had a few frustrating deaths, too. Running a bullshit coward Defender helped.

I’m a low resilience hunter. I just hang around in the back Stomp jumping away from danger.

The frustrating part is that I was actually contributing, not completely hiding and AFKing like one wizard in our group.

I think more and more people are going to be bottlenecking into this achievement at once. Which I’m sure will greatly enhance the experience.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

As a hunter I maxed mobility and used top tree nightstalker with Sixth Coyote and rat king to do it.

like a bitch

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I feel like the deathless sundial was easier before Inotam, when you only had to worry about one kind of instakill special attack, not three.

I lucked out and did a run during the week that wish-ender could delete anything, and got both the no-deaths and speedy triumph at the same time.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
You can hide on the little ridge hidden behind the spawn point and those Psion nerds can't touch you there.

Just like real life, goons can't find the clit.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Hobnob posted:

I lucked out and did a run during the week that wish-ender could delete anything, and got both the no-deaths and speedy triumph at the same time.

Glitched Wishender was the most fun I've had in D2 since they nerfed Master of Arms.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Glitched wishender got me 6 of 8 nightmare hunt time trials (got one legit with non-glitched weapons later, still need to do Crota)

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paracelsus posted:

Glitched Wishender was the most fun I've had in D2 since they nerfed Master of Arms.

Glitched wishender was loving incredible, same when 1kV was glitched to give all your weapons +25% damage. Things died in a reasonable number of shots, it was wonderful.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

haveblue posted:

Glitched wishender got me 6 of 8 nightmare hunt time trials (got one legit with non-glitched weapons later, still need to do Crota)

Still never touched the nightmare hunts. Is that worth doing? I just obsessively chase bounties for the false sense of accomplishment.

My quest log has condensed from four pages to less than two. I guess I'm ready for a new season of non-pinnacle rewards.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Captain Log posted:

Still never touched the nightmare hunts. Is that worth doing? I just obsessively chase bounties for the false sense of accomplishment.

My quest log has condensed from four pages to less than two. I guess I'm ready for a new season of non-pinnacle rewards.

You can get:

1) a pinnacle drop for doing a master (980) tier, per week per character

2) unlock more of the moon weapons. I think the shotgun, sniper and grenade launcher are decent with the right rolls. Can't remember what unlocks where though.

3) triumphs, and some cosmetics

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The sniper is extremely good. The grenade launcher can be good but farming it requires strike grinding (unique among moon weapons, all the rest can be done on the moon itself).

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I want the rainbow emblem from all the dead ghosts. I've collected them, but I've got to find the last one hiding in the dungeon.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I got my deathless run accomplished by literally hiding with a loading machine gun and unloading whenever the purple bubble happened.

To get the title, I must -

- Do the hard mode Sundial. Hello, Adregan. I look forward to doing business with you. :downs:

- Unlock the Vanguard Tactician Badge (Just gotta run a bunch)

- Unlock the Komodo. I've got all the kills, but I have to get to Heroic.

Is comp Heroic feasible for someone as useless as me in ten days?

dreggory
Jan 20, 2007
World Famous in New Zealand

Captain Log posted:

Heroic is 1050 glory, totally doable in a day or two of casual play. Stick with your teammates, don't stand out in the open and shoot the other guys in the face.

The way the glory system works now you can lose your way to heroic in enough games, though you'd have to *really* try to accomplish that. You got this.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Captain Log posted:

I got my deathless run accomplished by literally hiding with a loading machine gun and unloading whenever the purple bubble happened.

To get the title, I must -

- Do the hard mode Sundial. Hello, Adregan. I look forward to doing business with you. :downs:

- Unlock the Vanguard Tactician Badge (Just gotta run a bunch)

Yep I will start setting something up and let you know when.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Adregan posted:

Yep I will start setting something up and let you know when.

Awesome, man. I appreciate it.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Captain Log posted:

Comp is a lot easier now (since shadokeep) in that you don't get knocked down very much on a loss if you even get a few shots on someone in a match. They also changed how streaks work so you don't lose the streak completely on a loss. Even if you lose half your games you'll be averaging something like 100 points up for a win, 15 points down for a loss. You only need 1050 glory points for heroic.

Also make sure you do at least 3 matches this week before tuesday reset, as the free points you get for playing comp at all will get you 15% of the way there.

Hobnob fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 1, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Hobnob posted:

Comp is a lot easier now (since shadokeep) in that you don't get knocked down very much on a loss if you even get a few shots on someone in a match. They also changed how streaks work so you don't lose the streak completely on a loss. Even if you lose half your games you'll be averaging something like 100 points up for a win, 15 points down for a loss. You only need 1050 glory points for heroic.

Also make sure you do at least 3 matches this week before tuesday reset, as the free points you get for playing comp at all will get you 15% of the way there.

:stare:

I just won four in a row with randoms.

I think that takes care of the Komodo.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

haveblue posted:

The sniper is extremely good.

*Was

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Captain Log posted:

I was getting ~250 Glory per win and losing about 12 per loss last night. Got it in 15 matches with a 33% win rate. Edit: Nevermind, just saw your later post lol

My first title! :toot:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 2, 2020

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Fifty Three posted:

I was getting ~250 Glory per win and losing about 12 per loss last night. Got it in 15 matches with a 33% win rate. Edit: Nevermind, just saw your later post lol

My first title! :toot:

I'm still beyond shocked that I somehow got four in a row. Match three went down 3-1 and a guy on my team just went absolutely beast mode and brought it back.

It also felt good to wipe a team with a blade barrage. I got some black and gold Shaxx emblem that I certainly don't deserve.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Just got this bad boy from a lost sector.

drat son. I have wanted a high cal version of my smugglers since ricochet rounds got nerfed and i finally got it.

Everything within 20 meters is loving dead. To bad i had almost 15k kills on my other smugglers.

In had 4 less range. But in practice it doesn't seem to have any less range.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Oh I had that one as a vault queen for months.

Target SAS?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Oh I had that one as a vault queen for months.

Target SAS?

Yeah Target. I haven't tried it yet but i cant see how it couldn't be better than RR after they nerfed the hidden range bonus.

Stability isn't all that important on a gun that is sticky as gently caress and really only needs body shots.

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
Hi5 best gun day for a TFR man is one he forgot he had.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Insane Totoro posted:

Hi5 best gun day for a TFR man is one he forgot he had.

Down low

2 slow

Nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Z1ufrNUns

here we go again