Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Hi-Ya!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Feline Cruise Line

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I hope Debbie comes back.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I really want to know if there's an uncensored version of what Rosa said she would do to Mr Bean :heysexy:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
great ep. vanessa was fantastic!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I hope Debbie shows up every once in awhile like Judy

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The whole read-off sub plot was amazing. The mom having a personalized plate Dereksmom was a great touch.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 28, 2020

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

DuhSal posted:

great ep. vanessa was fantastic!

Guess who did more cocaine? It's my thing now!

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Holt's "call you Virginia Slims because I'm smoking you" line killed me

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Finally caught the episode last night and I think my fav line was when Jake remarks that "the women's gym and cocaine have given Debbie superpowers!"

Gotta agree with everyone that Vanessa Bayer is awesome and I hope Debbie shows up again at some point. Such a fun character.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Peralta made a weird joke right near the beginning about Rosa and I didn't understand it, it felt almost like he was saying she liked something because she's Latinx. Huh?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Taear posted:

Peralta made a weird joke right near the beginning about Rosa and I didn't understand it, it felt almost like he was saying she liked something because she's Latinx. Huh?

Can you point out what you're referring to because I have rewatched the episode and I didn't hear anything like this.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Are you talking about the end of the Columbia joke?

It's D.C. not Colombia.

mossyfisk fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 29, 2020

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I think they're talking about the she could have gone to a bank because she's white joke, and they just misheard it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

mossyfisk posted:

It's D.C. not Colombia.

Yea this
I still don't get what the joke was meant to be

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

mossyfisk posted:

It's D.C. not Colombia.

I don't believe anything was said at all pertaining to DC. What he's probably talking about was the reference to the Columbia CD Club, as in Columbia Recording Studios. When talking to Rosa:

the script posted:

When I was younger, I was thoroughly hoodwinked by the so-called good people at Columbia CD Club.

For you young kids, back in the day you would be enticed to buy CD's by the mail, usually with an initial crazy offer like 10 cds for $.01. After getting those you were then expected to buy like 10 more at "full retail price" which was usually $20+shipping. Also they would send you a cd every month and if you didn't want it you had to ship it back. If you kept it you got charged for it, also expensive.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

ChesterJT posted:

For you young kids, back in the day you would be enticed to buy CD's tapes records by the mail.

Fixed :corsair:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

I fell for it. I felt for jake in that moment. My mom was so mad at me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Wow, I remember them doing tapes, but had no idea that went back to the vinyl days. I have been out-olded. :)

Yes my mom wasn't happy either.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Does Holt or anyone for that matter ever mention poached salmon in this show? I vaguely remember watching something in the last week or so where someone mentions it dismissively and I can't remember if it was this, AD or something else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Does Holt or anyone for that matter ever mention poached salmon in this show? I vaguely remember watching something in the last week or so where someone mentions it dismissively and I can't remember if it was this, AD or something else.

Jake telling Debbie how bad Amy smells?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm catching up on Curb Your Enthusiasm and in season 9 episode 4 there's a subplot where Larry wants dover sole broiled instead of sauteed at his country club, and later asks Susie if she's willing to broil some salmon. I doubt it's that, but I just watched it last night.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

ChesterJT posted:

I don't believe anything was said at all pertaining to DC. What he's probably talking about was the reference to the Columbia CD Club, as in Columbia Recording Studios. When talking to Rosa:

Yeah, which is named after DC, not the country - and therefore has nothing to do with latin america. That was the point of confusion.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

hanales posted:

I fell for it. I felt for jake in that moment. My mom was so mad at me.

I checked "Bill Me Later" on a Scholastic Book Fair order form once. Got to play with some cool educational poo poo for a few minutes before one of my parents was like, "Wait, how'd you get this stuff?"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

mossyfisk posted:

Yeah, which is named after DC, not the country - and therefore has nothing to do with latin america. That was the point of confusion.

Just an unbelievably American reference I guess

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Colombia is a South American country. Columbia is the United States.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

mossyfisk posted:

You are probably one of 5 people in the planet who hears Columbia Record Company and thinks of DC. That wasn't the point of confusion. Sounds like they had never heard of the CD club, that's all.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

ChesterJT posted:

You are probably one of 5 people in the planet who hears Columbia Record Company and thinks of DC. That wasn't the point of confusion. Sounds like they had never heard of the CD club, that's all.

quote:

The Columbia Phonograph Company was founded in 1887 by stenographer, lawyer and New Jersey native Edward D. Easton (1856–1915) and a group of investors. It derived its name from the District of Columbia, where it was headquartered.

If you’re Andy sambergs age and remember record labels you probably don’t think all those albums were made in Columbia.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Well they obviously don't press all the records in DC.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

hanales posted:

If you’re Andy sambergs age and remember record labels you probably don’t think all those albums were made in Columbia.

You are missing the point. What Columbia Records is named after is irrelevant. The person just heard something about Columbia and didn't understand the joke because they were thinking about the country itself, not what the CD club was named after. It doesn't make a difference if it's Columbia, Anystate USA, the name origin wasn't the joke nor the point of confusion.

I acquit.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 2, 2020

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

ChesterJT posted:

You are missing the point. What Columbia Records is named after is irrelevant. The person just heard something about Columbia and didn't understand the joke because they were thinking about the country itself, not what the CD club was named after. It doesn't make a difference if it's Columbia, Anystate USA, the name origin wasn't the joke nor the point of confusion.

I acquit.

Yes. It's a very American reference so without the context it just sounded like he was being weirdly racist to Rosa.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I loved Debbie and Vanessa Bayer but I hope she doesn't come back every season like Doug Judy. Her arc was pretty great and it doesn't need stretched out and overplayed.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

swickles posted:

The whole Memento/Finding Dory joke theme was great. I actuall wish this was a two parter, Memento/Dory Pimento still had fuel in the tank I felt.

Just caught up on the latest eps, but that face at the end where Pimento was like Oh hey I saw the movie you talked about and Jake was like WHAT DID YOU THINK :D and Pimento's like It's okay felt WAY TOO REAL

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Taear posted:

Yes. It's a very American reference so without the context it just sounded like he was being weirdly racist to Rosa.

"I was thoroughly hoodwinked by the good people of Columbia CD club, next thing you know I had 16 copies of Blind Melon's first album", even if you don't know that particular company it is pretty clear, plus what does that have to do with Rosa?

Also, Stephanie Beatriz's family is of Argentinian descent not Colombian.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ishamael posted:

"I was thoroughly hoodwinked by the good people of Columbia CD club, next thing you know I had 16 copies of Blind Melon's first album", even if you don't know that particular company it is pretty clear, plus what does that have to do with Rosa?

She's latinx and I don't know what Colombia CD club is, so it sounded like he was saying someone from Colombia had ripped him off and then assigning it to her because of her ethnicity.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Ishamael posted:

As everyone knows

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I liked when Holt said that he'd acquit the force in that episode

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

Taear posted:

She's latinx and I don't know what Colombia CD club is, so it sounded like he was saying someone from Colombia had ripped him off and then assigning it to her because of her ethnicity.

Oh my god shut up.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lord Of Texas posted:

Oh my god shut up.

I...was explaining why I was confused about it? Sorry that you're salty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Taear posted:

I...was explaining why I was confused about it? Sorry that you're salty.

It's another American reference you don't get.