Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

night slime
May 14, 2014
It was all part of a plan to make us paranoid and have a bunch of whiteboards up, like Higgs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I really can't tell if it's him or not haha, it's tripping me out. Here's the closest view of his face I could get,any closer and he'd see me and aggro. I boosted the contrast so you can see the facial features better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh6y7wQYlh4
(watch in 1440p quality)

I don't think we're being bamboozled or anything like that, I'm just not sure what to do to proceed from here.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
My friend is ready to call this an elaborate hoax but I still think it's uncanny how one account has such intricate knowledge of the game not to mention the couple MGSV videos they posted before DS.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'll clear the air about that then: It's almost certainly not a hoax, I've talked directly to the guy in DMs. Well, one of the guys. We talked poo poo about his coworker that almost compromised the whole thing!

edit: I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I won't post the full conversation but here's a bit of it because it was very funny

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Mar 1, 2020

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

KojiBro posted:

Wonderful
:laffo:

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Take care of the dead and the dead will take care of you

night slime posted:

https://old.reddit.com/r/kojimapro/comments/fbkkh9/secret_1_of_many_bt_cameo_more_in_this_channel/fj6rv14/

This is the corpse disposal 6 driver who got stuck under the truck. He lost his legs. If you wear CD6 outfit and go. He will do something. But only if you have all the collection chips, and 5 stars with all except Peter E. His star rating means jack.

drat I only have like 6 chips to go to try this.

I was able to kill him but he didn't really do anything special other than a ton of chiral? I wore CDT and have all 5 stars and chips. Hmm.

night slime
May 14, 2014
Maybe something in the seam with the giant BT? The account talked a lot about that.

I was going to DM the guy but I didn't know if he would respond. So I just posted that I got the hidden thing and he said yeah great job, then I said sorry I lied and was just trying to get info, and he was like haha I know you didn't get it dumbass. poo poo...called out..

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CJacobs posted:

I'll clear the air about that then: It's almost certainly not a hoax, I've talked directly to the guy in DMs. Well, one of the guys. We talked poo poo about his coworker that almost compromised the whole thing!

edit: I don't want to get anyone in trouble so I won't post the full conversation but here's a bit of it because it was very funny

lmao

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

CJacobs posted:

Well, I spent some time picking up the 20 or so memory chips I had left.

lol I did this minutes before your post, I didn't find any secrets either. one thing I was trying to do was to kill myself inside the bunker with the pharaoh mask; tossing three grenades outside should bring you to 1HP, then you can push the desk chair up against the table and sort of jump on it until you lose balance, fall, and take damage - couldn't manage it 'cos sam regenerates his health pretty quickly and a fall only does 50HP but if you were to time it perfectly and get it first try you could do it. just grasping at straws right now!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't have any No. 2 grenades, so if anyone would like to try using some to lure smaller BTs to him as was suggested I'd like to see it! That's the only thing I can really think of to try.

edit: In the second video (whale and the BT), it looks like he died right at the spot where the first video (the CDT BT) ended. Maybe that has something to do with it?

further edit: Waaait a minute.

Holograms and boxes, you say? You mean like this hologram that acts like the box from Metal Gear Solid? :thunk:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 1, 2020

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Aphelion Necrology posted:

I was able to kill him but he didn't really do anything special other than a ton of chiral? I wore CDT and have all 5 stars and chips. Hmm.

i was sort of under the impression you needed to let this BT kill you after hitting him with the special grenade, has anyone done that yet?

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
I gotta say these fun little mysteries y'all are testing out have made for an extremely interesting Sunday read. It reminds me of that old Hoaxes and Video game legends thread

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

rabidsquid posted:

i was sort of under the impression you needed to let this BT kill you after hitting him with the special grenade, has anyone done that yet?

Nothin' unfortunately. Letting the boss kill you (or eat you) produces no result and leaving a crater then getting snatched by the Corpse Disposal BT just results in a game over as usual.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 2, 2020

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Another development: I managed to pull off the BT shadow and whale slow-mo thing. Basically I just let the BT boss beat the poo poo out of me, making sure Sam died to physical damage and not getting munched. I'm pretty sure that's all they mean when they say "punish Sam"- because if you get eaten you get put in a pre-set location and the boss shadow never appears.

As usual nothing happened when I called out during the slow-mo, but it did cause the effect to end, so I think I just didn't do all the "tasks" the KojiPro dude went on about. Gotta think outside the box, whatever that means!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 2, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

CJacobs posted:

I don't have any No. 2 grenades, so if anyone would like to try using some to lure smaller BTs to him as was suggested I'd like to see it! That's the only thing I can really think of to try.

edit: In the second video (whale and the BT), it looks like he died right at the spot where the first video (the CDT BT) ended. Maybe that has something to do with it?

further edit: Waaait a minute.

Holograms and boxes, you say? You mean like this hologram that acts like the box from Metal Gear Solid? :thunk:

It could also mean what we see may not be what we think it is. An illusion somewhere?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Some people think its a hoax. Regardless, this KojiPro guy really knows his DS stuff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'll ask him via our dm convo if he'd be willing to show some kind of proof he actually is at work at kojipro hq when he's posting this stuff. He's revealed some true stuff people genuinely didn't know and the account is nearly a year old, so if he's a hoaxer he's playing the long game to the max.

Edit: I asked politely, I should say. Don't want to put uncomfortable pressure on them just in case they are the genuine article.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 2, 2020

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

I havent really been playing since i finished the story, but i dont remember there being baby BTs out in the wild, and I just cut the cord on one of them. It was like Mamas.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Peacoffee posted:

I havent really been playing since i finished the story, but i dont remember there being baby BTs out in the wild, and I just cut the cord on one of them. It was like Mamas.

They’re all over the place, they’re just “the ones that are a pain in the rear end to see because they’re tiny”

I didn’t realize they were babies until I got the handcuff, but they were irritating as gently caress all through the game up to that point because they’d either be nearly invisible at the range regular BTs are fully visible, or hidden just behind a rock or obstacle that made me think the BT being cued in on was glitched through the world

night slime
May 14, 2014
I played the game for the first time since the BT animation patch game out and it's actually sort of terrifying not having the animation there to prepare me. I could adjust but it really feels like you're being thrust into it now, which is kinda cool in that it feels like what the real experience would be like.

I read some more of the Reddit guy's posts and I wonder if he's not just some odd superfan who makes discoveries and piggybacks some story onto them like he actually knew something. Doesn't seem real after going back into his post history (he says you might need subtitles for Parasite if you don't know Japanese, lol). Also the idea of a whole office sharing a Reddit account is extremely bizarre to me. Twitter sure, Reddit no.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe I'm actually an untreated schizophrenic and this dude is my other personality. :thunk:

But yeah you're right, either it was someone's personal account before it became the KojiPro thing (less likely) or your theory is correct and it's just one random dude who knows his stuff and wants to sound more credible (more likely).

night slime
May 14, 2014
I will say the idea that Sam becomes a cryobiote in the seam and doesn't want to eat them for that reason is perfect. Will not be looking to disconfirm evidence for that one.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cross posting

veni veni veni posted:

If you don't make any EX grenades for the whole game it should give you one giant one before the end boss that kills it in one hit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Fun fact, you can't get No.2 grenades until you eat at least one cryptobiote, so you can play the entire game without Sam ever having to poop if you just use blood bags to recover health. I did this in my let's play footage without even realizing it- I finally got the no.2 grenade codec call at the very end well into the post game.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Mar 2, 2020

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

CJacobs posted:

Fun fact, you can't get No.2 grenades until you eat at least one cryptobiote, so you can play the entire game without Sam ever having to poop if you just use blood bags to recover health. I did this in my let's play footage without even realizing it- I finally got the no.2 grenade codec call at the very end well into the post game.

Someone needs to give poor Sam a sandwich or something.

Raspberry Bang
Feb 14, 2007

Aphelion Necrology posted:

Someone needs to give poor Sam a sandwich or something.

Or wait till your birthday.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's a real missed opportunity that finishing the birthday cake doesn't give you Ex.2+ grenades.

Aphelion Necrology
Jul 17, 2005

Raspberry Bang posted:

Or wait till your birthday.

December :smith:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you are not allowed to eat the birthday cake, it was quite the disappointment to me

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Reedus grabs quick bites offscreen during scene transitions.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

He’s eating in the break room while Kiefer Sutherland is in the toilet.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Ruffian Price posted:

Offscreen huh...Doesn´t rule out Fragile teleporting in and bringing some pieces to Deadman.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Deathwish is on and it occurs to me Norman Reedus kinda looks like Charles Bronson.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Zushio posted:

Deathwish is on and it occurs to me Norman Reedus kinda looks like Charles Bronson.

Good god, I can kinda see it and it is terrifying.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t86-WC7oxOs

June 2nd, 2020. God drat it looks good at 60 fps.

And by the way...

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
BB getting it's own facial options in the photo mode is amazing. Time to double up on the PC version!

night slime
May 14, 2014
Didn't even see that in the pic, nice catch. Hope BB gets the little ¨let's rumble" pose from that one scene.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please let me make bb flip the bird whenever I want like it does at Deadman near the start of the game, pleeeaseee

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
God the 60 fps alone might get me to play through it again on PC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

night slime
May 14, 2014
Kojima saying he wants to bring back photo contests:

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1235126989800919040

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1235121510890655744

Wonder if the photo mode will have stuff like that. Probably the easiest way to add new content really, no real new assets required. Can't wait to take my picture with an invisible floating Godzilla DVD.