Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Luxury Tent Carpet posted:

I cant believe they’ve deliberately done this to me on the first day of a week away from home

I am also at least a week away from home, and am none too pleased.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Annoyed that I'm seeing this as I head to work but pleased that I'm not on US time and seeing this just before bed. So fairly neutral overall!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HOLY poo poo

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
AAAAAAAA IT'S DOWNLOADING :supaburn:

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop
Man, can't believe it's still like 6 weeks away. Got one KO in the demo on normal (but wasn't staying at full HP).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

The demo is the entire section of Mako Reactor one, it's about an hour of gameplay, maybe 90 minutes

it's really loving good you guys, I've been deliberately unhyping myself about this game, the animations are great, the combat is great, the characterizations are fantastic so far.

I need this game right now

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Finished the demo in normal mode, anyone played classic?

BTW it's really good!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Is Aeris in the demo? If so does she smoke?

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
How detailed is her gun?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy gently caress this demo is so good

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

btw in the demo you get to choose the bomb timer
choose the lower one for a bonus at the end of the demo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I made this thread near the end of December because the demo leaked and I figured it was only a couple of days or maybe a week or two or so before it was made available

Anyway time to update the OP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seriously that was so good

By the end I'd really gotten into the rhythm of the combat and there's so much room for depth later on, and the controls are super intuitive. Much better than FF15

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

precision posted:

Seriously that was so good

By the end I'd really gotten into the rhythm of the combat and there's so much room for depth later on, and the controls are super intuitive. Much better than FF15

can’t wait to check it out, this is exactly what I was hoping for

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Its good to hear that, i liked ff15 but the general combat and controls kinda soured me

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

tithin posted:

btw in the demo you get to choose the bomb timer
choose the lower one for a bonus at the end of the demo

What was the bonus? The Sephiroth scene?

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Man, they're really playing up the "Jessie is thirsty for Cloud" angle here

I love it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Veib posted:

Man, they're really playing up the "Jessie is thirsty for Cloud" angle here

I love it

Jessie owns in this

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GoGoGadget posted:

What was the bonus? The Sephiroth scene?

Yeah

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Welp, this is pretty cool. Hope the final game is substantive.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
From watching Giant Bomb's coverage it looks like some flashbacks where chopped out of the demo.

But also holy crap that was fun

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Elentor posted:

Lifestream raises many questions:

If you die in space do you get to return to the planet or does your spirit just wander around endlessly trapped forever in the cold nothingness?
If you die in a different planet, do you return to its lifestream or do you become a weird virus like Jenova?
At which point does your spirit become a literal liquid, are people like measuring you after your death and then suddenly you gain or lose 10 pounds worth of lemonade?
Do you get to trip balls while being sucked by a Mako reactor?

You see, these are the questions that do keep me up at night.

Obviously your lifeforce mako is pulled into whatever gravital body you are closest to. So if you die in close orbit, Gravity will pull you in and back to the lifestream. If you're near a different planet, then you're gonna end up in that lifestream.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I am not a fan of how long it takes to move again after you smash open some boxes for items. It's, just, like, a second too long.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
Whats the difference between classic and normal?

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Sneak Lemming posted:

Whats the difference between classic and normal?

The game will auto attack and defend for you in classic. You can still manually move and attack, but don't have to. Instead you focus on abilities, items and spells.

Classic is also forced to be in "easy," which is actually significantly easier than normal

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

GoGoGadget posted:

The game will auto attack and defend for you in classic. You can still manually move and attack, but don't have to. Instead you focus on abilities, items and spells.

Is it also harder? I would have expected the classic mode to be more micromangey

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I never pre-order games because that's for suckers, I don't even buy games new because they'll be cheaper in six months

I'm currently trying to decide if I should pre-order the standard or the deluxe edition

Legitimately cannot remember when was the last time I was this excited about a video game, got a bad case of Mako brain going on

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The demo TL;DP: 7R is FF7 modded into FF15's engine with UI tweaks and it's done extremely well, so if you like the combination of both this'll be your thing. Combat, magic, movement, camera control, general feel and flow, it's all from FF15 so it soured me too, but footage from Easy-Allies of later on in Midgard made me a little more interested in the whole thing.

Now, is the boss a HP sponge VFX showcase or has everybody I have seen in videos and streams fight it been unable to figure out the trick to bring it down faster?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

God drat that demo, that gameplay is exactly what I hoped it would be. It's just so good, it's like the obvious culmination of their last batch of games gameplay wise. Hype as gently caress now. Looking forward to going deep hunting monsters in this combat engine.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
This demo talk got me so excited for ff7 that i might reinstall ff15

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

The demo TL;DP: 7R is FF7 modded into FF15's engine with UI tweaks and it's done extremely well, so if you like the combination of both this'll be your thing. Combat, magic, movement, camera control, general feel and flow, it's all from FF15 so it soured me too, but footage from Easy-Allies of later on in Midgard made me a little more interested in the whole thing.

Now, is the boss a HP sponge VFX showcase or has everybody I have seen in videos and streams fight it been unable to figure out the trick to bring it down faster?

They likely don't know "the trick" - once you figure it out (and it's not particularly hard) they go down relatively quickly.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

hype got me all

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

This demo talk got me so excited for ff7 that i might reinstall ff15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyQ7IEL6Ob8

The game owns.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah I'm probably gonna replay FF15 at least until Animal Crossing and Doom 2 drop.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I've always felt a bit bad because my wife bought me the FF15 and season pass on launch day and I'm only in like chapter 4

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I had a similar thing with 15, got it at launch and bounced off it - I think I just got too bogged down in the very samey side content stuff but I’m glad I went back in and finished it up its a really good time with some good bros

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I think that was partly my issue too i tried to do every sidequest and got burnt out

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

It was the hunts that did it for me, at launch you could only have 1 active hunt at a time so I just got burned out running back and forth over and over again grinding through the hunts before moving onto a new area

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I think that was partly my issue too i tried to do every sidequest and got burnt out

I did too and wound up with my level in the 50’s by chapter 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Sneak Lemming posted:

Is it also harder? I would have expected the classic mode to be more micromangey

No, it is easier. Classic changes it to Easy and Easy is way easier than Normal.