Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail posted:

don't do sidequests, particularly not the ones in town
they're fine it's just walking 10 feet from one person to the person looking at them from across the room

but yeah i'm gonna do a story quest next time

i dunno how often i will play ff14. i'm just doing the free trial up to lvl 35 so i'm basically gonna play it as my "depression has me feeling like i don't want to do anything" chill-out game

and i feel like it worked because now i feel like i could pick up another game. i was talking in the rpg thread about how i have a lot of FFs i've never beaten so I'm gonna pick up some in these sales. FF3 on ios, FF4 on Vita (PSP version), FF5 on Steam. i've already beaten 6 & 7, and 8 & 9 will both be on gamepass.. so it's just the earlier ones to collect. but i think i'm gonna skip FF1 & FF2 because none of the remakes make them good games

e: ff3 on ios because it's a buck cheaper and runs the same, ff4 on psp because it's 2d there and looks nice, ff5 on steam because it's the cheapest option outside of the very load-y PS1 port, and i'm not gonna pirate the GBA version even if the Steam version does look aesthetically incongruous.

that means I'll have access to just about the whole mainline series except for 1 & 2. as for world of final fantasy, i'll wait to see if they do a Switch sale because i think it'd be nice to have on that. if i want it. i played the demo and was iffy though it was very cute

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Mar 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its good for that, i went from barely playing ff14 for the past couple months to this weekend finally leveling fishing and doing all the fishing quests from the past 6 years, instead of doing something productive

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it's a good chill out game FFXIV is my life now the girl elezen is the real me the form I walk around in during the day is but a temporary vessel that I will one day transcend but I'll live forever in eorzea as long as I keep paying the sub

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I have played so much Bloodnorne this weekend, I think I've gotten further in one weekend than in 6 months first time round

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I forgot about Feb only having a smaller number of days and so missed the crossover! Goodness!

In gaming news, Project Warlock is ace. It is basically a great version of Wolfenstein 3D and Hexen mashed up together. I have been having a full on blast with it (cannot believe it was this that got me out of my slump) and the missions are not too long and not too short. It also has a wonderful art style. Plus E2 is basically FPS The Thing Clone and that endears it so much to me :D

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

The Dead or Alive 6 hair color fiasco made me remember the time Fable 3 made the black and pink dye seperate dlc.

This barrel has no bottom.

the what now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dear Ghost-Iwata:

All I want for E3 this year is:
- Cure for Coronavirus HD remake
- Super Mario Strikers 3
- Super Mario 3D World port (You've ported everything else! :argh:)
- Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD remakes
- A new Elite Beat Agents / Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!
- Skyward Sword HD remake
- loving just port all the Zeldas again cause I'll legit buy them
- Metroid Prime 4, but it's a 2.5D
- Genos + Captain N for Smash
- For you to play hankey pankey with Microsoft so we get Rare Collection on the Switch so I can play Blast Corps
- Gamecube Mini / Gamecube support on Switch.
- Official SNES themed joycons + Pro Controller

I feel this is a fair and generous list, which you will be able to grant now that you have Ghost Powers.

Regards,
Forum Smart-arse Infinitum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

But seriously Mario Strikers 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w4bYP3IL-Y

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Forget bowsette, give me bayonette

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Forget bowsette, give me bayonette

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This would be an awesome avatar for someone :D

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would recommend NOT doing a google image search for "Kirby high heels" and then clicking on the first image.

NOT recommend.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

well if you'd not recommend not doing it then we'd all better do it immediately

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Hwurmp posted:

well if you'd not recommend not doing it then we'd all better do it immediately

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Dear Ghost-Iwata:

All I want for E3 this year is:
- Cure for Coronavirus HD remake
- Super Mario Strikers 3
- Super Mario 3D World port (You've ported everything else! :argh:)
- Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD remakes
- A new Elite Beat Agents / Osu! Tatake! Ouendan!
- Skyward Sword HD remake
- loving just port all the Zeldas again cause I'll legit buy them
- Metroid Prime 4, but it's a 2.5D
- Genos + Captain N for Smash
- For you to play hankey pankey with Microsoft so we get Rare Collection on the Switch so I can play Blast Corps
- Gamecube Mini / Gamecube support on Switch.
- Official SNES themed joycons + Pro Controller

I feel this is a fair and generous list, which you will be able to grant now that you have Ghost Powers.

Regards,
Forum Smart-arse Infinitum

i love wonderful 101 but lmao at it getting a switch port before 3d world or the pikmins or the hd zeldas

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Weedle posted:

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Looper posted:

i love wonderful 101 but lmao at it getting a switch port before 3d world or the pikmins or the hd zeldas

I don't see what W101 has to do with those since it isn't a nintendo developed game

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I would buy any Grand Theft Auto game they put on the Switch. Even 1 or Advance.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Andrast posted:

I don't see what W101 has to do with those since it isn't a nintendo developed game

Because W101 is one of a handful of remaining WiiU exclusive titles, along with 3D World, that people really want to see ported to Switch.
It's just bemusing that Platinum are the ones to get out ahead of the game with their port.

I'd love to see the Pushmo series brought forward to the Switch as well, cause it's a lovely little puzzle game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJd5UuG_OX4

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How is Doom 3 anyway? I can't play any of the modern ones because detailed graphic violence makes me legit queasy, but I remember going through most of 3 with a friend and we were kind of bored of stuff spawning behind us. All I remember was that and hitting stuff with a flashlight or something.

Well I guess it depends, how much do you like monster closets that open up behind you and shooting at swarms of spiders?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Its canon now. they added it in every subsequent re-release.

makes the first couple areas much less stressful/annoying. I love the idea of playing Doom 3 on the switch, my memory of it is just that it was hugely taxing on pcs at the time so that I can now carry it with me on a Nintendo console rules.

I wish they'd add the little QOL touches from GZDoom to re-releases like being able to look up and down, or at least the option to use them.

raditts fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 2, 2020

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I've played a little over half an hour of Doom 3 on medium difficulty and so far the most monsters I have fought at one time is two

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
D3 is very intentionally not like the other dooms, it's a slow and creepy horror game that wants to scare you more than thrill you (and most of its scares are of the cheap "suddenly an enemy appears behind you!" kind).

Weedle posted:

I've played a little over half an hour of Doom 3 on medium difficulty and so far the most monsters I have fought at one time is two

The average GPU of 2004 couldn't handle more than two enemies in that engine.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Can anyone tell me what game this tune is from? I don't remember the whole tune and I can't recreate it perfectly but this is the bit I remember and I wanna say it's from an rpg but I'm not sure and was hoping maybe someone here might recognize it.

Here's the tune

isn't this just a bit of Time's Scar from Chrono Cross?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

also wtf i had all sunday evening square and you release the ffvii demo in the middle of the night before my work week starts

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Maybe there wouldn't be so many industrial accidents at the UAC base if the rooms were lit by more than a single hanging bulb

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no doomguy in smash he'd be extremely boring and we're already full on boring character quotas with the 50 fire emblems

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow I don't remember a single thing about rear end Creed Revelations it turns out

quote:

no doomguy in smash he'd be extremely boring and we're already full on boring character quotas with the 50 fire emblems

:wrong: but we all know we're getting six more anime swordsmen

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How is Doom 3 anyway? I can't play any of the modern ones because detailed graphic violence makes me legit queasy, but I remember going through most of 3 with a friend and we were kind of bored of stuff spawning behind us. All I remember was that and hitting stuff with a flashlight or something.

Doom 3 is a FPS where all of your guns feel and sound weaker than guns in survival horror games where shooting is supposed to be a last resort.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Stux posted:

Its 8!

And its still too many

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I bought a laser pointer for my cat to chase and I declare it GOTY

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Doom 2016 enemies are a little more bullet-spongey than I'd like tbh but at least when you get em their guts blow up real good instead of the doom 3 creeps going like "guh" and ragdolling in place

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My favorite part of the Assassin's Creed series is where you have to solve a hidden object puzzle that tells you "Yeah Citizens United was a Templar plot and Justice Scalia is their puppet"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1234471680749326336?s=19

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My favorite part of the Assassin's Creed series is where you have to solve a hidden object puzzle that tells you "Yeah Citizens United was a Templar plot and Justice Scalia is their puppet"

Wake up sheeple

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

add more fire emblems into smash but this time add the cool ones

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Andrast posted:

add more fire emblems into smash but this time add the cool ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGLMi9kXTRI

al-azad
May 28, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Not great. Still kind of impressive visually for a 16 year old game but enemies suck and weapons are weak and bland. FEAR and Dead Space are everything Doom 3 was trying to be.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Weedle posted:

Doom 2016 enemies are a little more bullet-spongey than I'd like tbh but at least when you get em their guts blow up real good instead of the doom 3 creeps going like "guh" and ragdolling in place

The last 1/3 of the game you just upgrade the gaus cannon siege mode and the infinite ammo rune and enemies go from bullet sponges to gore sacks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember Quake Wars with megatexture technology.

That was some fun rear end multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What I'm saying is Doom Wars