Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Cael posted:

Haven’t listen to the ep yet, but I also feel like none of them were ever really PC gamers at all. They’ve talked tons about console poo poo when they were younger, but it at least would make a little sense if they were never into Doom growing up.

Eric was, at least when he was younger if his Ultima stories are anything to go off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I didn’t remember Doom 3 existed until it was mentioned here. The rip and tear modern one is dope as heck though.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

lol Doom 3 is dark

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I’ve converted a new friend to the great pleasure of WHM listening with some of my favorite episodes (anything with Larry the Cable Guy, BvS, Silver Bullet), what would you gone suggest he’d dig up next?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BigglesSWE posted:

I’ve converted a new friend to the great pleasure of WHM listening with some of my favorite episodes (anything with Larry the Cable Guy, BvS, Silver Bullet), what would you gone suggest he’d dig up next?

Tuff turf hider in house Halloween 3

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

BigglesSWE posted:

mrs doubtfire, blame it on rio, cyber seduction, it’s a wonderful life, fantastic beasts: the crimes of grindelwald, what women want

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

BigglesSWE posted:

If you like the the Christopher Lloyd impressions, Camp Nowhere is hilarious. Also Venom has my favorite quote ever. (Logan Paul innocently dabbing in the suicide forest)

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

B-Rock452 posted:

If you like the the Christopher Lloyd impressions, Camp Nowhere is hilarious. Also Venom has my favorite quote ever. (Logan Paul innocently dabbing in the suicide forest)

I've loved the Christopher Lloyd impressions in the bttf eps so cheers for this.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Soup du Jour posted:

mrs doubtfire, blame it on rio, cyber seduction, it’s a wonderful life, fantastic beasts: the crimes of grindelwald, what women want

Cyber Seduction was my second WHM episode, but it was the one that solidified my love.

My first one was Devil's Advocate

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Mortal kombat hellraiser 3 and entourage

Cylon
May 5, 2002

I'm going to be the next Canadian Dracula

BigglesSWE posted:

Brainscan ep 219

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

xXx is an all timer episode. Hard to Kill is another good one. Which Star Wars ep had Uncle Owen's jawa bride? That one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Crowetron posted:

xXx is an all timer episode. Hard to Kill is another good one. Which Star Wars ep had Uncle Owen's jawa bride? That one.

Attack of the clones

Roy the movie is pretty sharp and foodfight
Any movie that has Christopher lambert

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

Butteryfly Effect and Dreamcatcher

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Abraxas and Mortal Kombat

Violator
May 15, 2003

Crowetron posted:

xXx is an all timer episode.

I live for this poo poo!!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Hot Dog and Hamburger the movies

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TTBF posted:

Abraxas and Mortal Kombat

I think this is ttbfundus

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Wes Craven's New Nightmare

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The watcher as you discover the truth behind Brian

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Every time this convo comes up i Stan for Dracula 2000. Really showed what kind of insane riffs they can get into with a bug rear end premise way back in their earlier years.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

Every time this convo comes up i Stan for Dracula 2000. Really showed what kind of insane riffs they can get into with a bug rear end premise way back in their earlier years.

It also has one of the best jokes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Deep cut: Babycakes is a gem and has my favorite joke they’ve ever done ever (I’m a huge Talking Heads fan)

Also, if you can get them to be a Patreon, the ducktales AD episodes are worth it alone.

Now that I think of it, WHM is the only podcast to consistently make me ugly cry laugh on multiple occasions, sometimes we get a full DeLuise corpsing. The moment there’s a threat of Nolte or Busey, I’m prepping myself to make a gross disaster of myself. I’m petrified to go to a live show due to my outbursts (and not being in NY when they do shows/them not coming to Europe).

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I haven't seen the full list posted here yet, but from their website:

quote:

WHM: SUMMER 2020 LIVE TOUR!
6/6 - The Majestic Theatre - Detroit, MI - RoboCop 3
6/7 - Hilarities - Cleveland, OH - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors
6/9 - The Rex Theatre - Pittsburgh, PA - Taken
6/15 - The Comedy Zone - Charlotte, NC - Under Siege
6/16 - The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC - Junior
6/17 - Zanies - Nashville, TN - Footloose (1984)

Who else is seeing them in Charlotte? Under Siege is a legitimately fun dumb action movie, and I always look forward to their mush-mouthed Seagal impressions.

Violator
May 15, 2003

My personal favorite joke of all time is Larry the Health Inspector’s dick beer. I used to belly laugh a lot at the show but that one set a record. I don’t like the movie and the rest of the episode is OK, but that segment is tops.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Violator posted:

I live for this poo poo!!!

I'm Vin Diesel and this is The Strangers!

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
One of the very first ones I listened to, and probably the one that got me hooked, was the episode for the Entourage movie. RIPD Goober!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

100% my favorite episode ever is Hard Target. Wilford Brimley finding out about the director is the hardest I think I've ever laughed. 'WHAT?!"

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Lots of not-Pippi Longstockings answers. Yer all gettin' the chair.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I love love the Boondock Saints 2 episode. No impressions but the jokes are incredible.

Henker
May 5, 2009

My favorite episode is the Ewoks: Battle for Endor one. Lots of "Wilford Brimley as a space libertarian" impressions. I also recommend the Rambo and Duck Tales Animation Damnation episodes.

And going back to Doomchat, Doom is $1.50 on most consoles right now so I picked it up for Switch. That game still holds up really well for being one of the grandfathers of the FPS genre.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The new mailbag episode is out on podcast and YouTube. Steven has a story about crapping his pants and trying to cover up the evidence and there's a letter about Gallagher being a horrible person at a show.

Henker posted:

And going back to Doomchat, Doom is $1.50 on most consoles right now so I picked it up for Switch. That game still holds up really well for being one of the grandfathers of the FPS genre.

I wouldn't take any of the WHM guys to be Doom fans but I wonder how deep Cabin got into Doom. Did he play Plutonia!?

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

For me one of the early eps that moved me from casual to fanatic was Cat People, a scummy movie about bestiality and incest, and they make a fun ride.

I especially enjoyed the JFK bits.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Canvas is a fun episode with plenty of impressions of Gary Busey and John Rhys-Davies. I re-listen to it probably once a month

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

bobkatt013 posted:

It also has one of the best jokes.

eliot Smith?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

eliot Smith?

Yes

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yeeeaaaah buddy. Between that and how a Cenobite gets made I think it’s the first but certainly not last episode that had me in full hyperventilation.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

weekly font posted:

Yeeeaaaah buddy. Between that and how a Cenobite gets made I think it’s the first but certainly not last episode that had me in full hyperventilation.

Not just cenobites all monsters!!

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I love the Dracula 2000 episode, it's such a dogshit movie that perfectly encapsulates the year 2000 and they have a lot of fun with it.

Also, the Gerard Butler audition tape exists.

https://youtu.be/Zdy7jdNE3SQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Angry_Ed posted:

Canvas is a fun episode with plenty of impressions of Gary Busey and John Rhys-Davies. I re-listen to it probably once a month

Isn't this the one with the Mike Schenk impressions? That was a hysterical bit.