Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Brothers girlfriend is a paralegal and posts on Snapchat various documents of clients information.

The title kinda explains the bulk of the situation. My brothers girlfriend works for a law firm as a paralegal and deals with various documents of people like house titles and what not.

She tends to post on her Snapchat quite frequently bits and pieces of documents she's working with making comments about someone's wealth and other personal information.

Recently she sent a snap to my sister a picture of a document related to my great grandma and her son, my uncle. My mom has seen the image and is wondering what the legal repercussions of this are and is the image evidence enough for legal action?

Another victim of the clout economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

AITA for not allowing my gay friend to come to my wedding?

quote:

Context: My fiance and I are having our wedding on Friday of this week. Weddings are a huge deal in my family. There's also a bit of tradition in it, the highest elders in the family "oversee" the wedding and are present 100% of the time. It's pretty much any and all of the great grandmothers/grandfathers/aunts/uncles you get the idea. In terms of what "oversee" means, I'm not entirely sure but if the majority of the people in your immediate family of the elders are highly against you getting married to someone, you aren't really "allowed" to. This has only happened about 3 times as far as I know, 2 of the times the family member getting married obeyed and called off the wedding, the third time however the family member in question was outraged and got married anyway and moved abroad with her husband, after cutting all contact and not letting us know where she went, she came back 1 year later, beaten, bruised, and with little to no money left. The guy she married was suspicious and off-putting to the elders and a few other family members, turns out he just wanted her for her money, she had a decent job and had tons of savings. You should also note that I love both my grandparents and great-grandparents to death, they're very sweet and kind, however just a little old-fashioned and not very informed. This leads to the main issue at hand.

The problem is with one of my good friends (former groomsman)who happens to be gay, I have been planning my wedding for about 6 months now with some help, I have known this friend for 1 1/2 years and only found out a little while ago that he was gay. At first, this wouldn't have exactly been an issue, but when he asked if he could bring his boyfriend as a plus one I said sure but could you just not interact intimately or maybe keep it on the down-low. I explained to him how my great elders could be. They aren't homophobic per se but they don't exactly approve of gay relationships/marriages. Something to do with tradition and such, old people reasons really. They don't exactly like it but they respect gay people's decisions and realize at the end of the day this is what they want, they're nice about it and don't make a fuss very often. When I told my friend he seemed offended (I understand he would be but I thought I made a nice compromise) he then said that he would not do this and that he could dance and drink and get intimate with his boyfriend as much as he wanted during the wedding. I told him that no he would not, and now he could either not bring his boyfriend or consider himself uninvited. He told me to give him some time to think about it and huffed off. He later texted me and told me he could either bring his boyfriend or I would have to find a new groomsman, I told him I guess the spots open then. Now all our mutual friends are blowing me up telling that what I did was f'ed up and that I'm being homophobic etc.

So am I really the rear end in a top hat here?

Listen I know the title sounds bad, but hear me out. The weird cult I'm a part of won't allow it!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for laughing at my friend when he said he never eats vegan food?

I (21f) am vegan. I have a friend (22) who is not vegan. This has never been an issue in our friendship.

We have a group of six friends who were all travelling down to another city for a concert. Three of us are vegan, there's one vegetarian, and two meat eaters. One of the meat eaters is my boyfriend, so he eats a lot of vegan food anyway. So, we all decided we'd like to try this vegan restaurant that's really well known in this city, and we checked on the way there if it'd be cool with everyone. We were on the train, all sitting together.

Everyone agreed, except the meat eater who isn't my bf, who said he wasn't sure. I said that's fine, if he doesn't want to we can find somewhere else to eat, but I asked him how come he wasn't interested.

He said, "well I've never eaten a vegan food before."

I asked him if it was eating a meat substitute he was worried about, and he said "no, I've just never tried a vegan food before. Like nothing, ever."

I laughed a bit, because he was literally eating a pb&j while I was talking to him. He asked why I was laughing, and I said it's because what he's eating right now is vegan. He looked a bit hurt and was like, "no way." I told him it more than likely was. He looked a little hurt and said he was upset I brought that up because it was embarrassing, I said I assumed he would've KNOWN he'd tried vegan food before, like fruit and veg. He just looked quite upset. I did say sorry for embarrassing him, but he's been a little off about it since, AITA?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for laughing at my friend when he said he never eats vegan food?

I (21f) am vegan. I have a friend (22) who is not vegan. This has never been an issue in our friendship.

We have a group of six friends who were all travelling down to another city for a concert. Three of us are vegan, there's one vegetarian, and two meat eaters. One of the meat eaters is my boyfriend, so he eats a lot of vegan food anyway. So, we all decided we'd like to try this vegan restaurant that's really well known in this city, and we checked on the way there if it'd be cool with everyone. We were on the train, all sitting together.

Everyone agreed, except the meat eater who isn't my bf, who said he wasn't sure. I said that's fine, if he doesn't want to we can find somewhere else to eat, but I asked him how come he wasn't interested.

He said, "well I've never eaten a vegan food before."

I asked him if it was eating a meat substitute he was worried about, and he said "no, I've just never tried a vegan food before. Like nothing, ever."

I laughed a bit, because he was literally eating a pb&j while I was talking to him. He asked why I was laughing, and I said it's because what he's eating right now is vegan. He looked a bit hurt and was like, "no way." I told him it more than likely was. He looked a little hurt and said he was upset I brought that up because it was embarrassing, I said I assumed he would've KNOWN he'd tried vegan food before, like fruit and veg. He just looked quite upset. I did say sorry for embarrassing him, but he's been a little off about it since, AITA?

Staring at my peanut butter & jelly sandwich in dawning horror.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hobo Clown posted:

Listen I know the title sounds bad, but hear me out. The weird cult I'm a part of won't allow it!

Not homophobic per se, don't want the gays rounded up in camps, just want them completely out of the public eye. I thought this made a nice compromise and I can't understand why my gay friend couldn't accept this!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

There’s always a couple Great Elders at every wedding that really ruin the fun for everyone

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Staring at my peanut butter & jelly sandwich in dawning horror.

Some family and friends send me angry messages before exiting my life forever, others just disappear without a word. My job at the papermill becomes untenable after my mechanic refuses to fix my F450, and I find myself forced to work at a digital marketing company after a friendly, 5'9" man offers me the job while riding public transportation. The Elizabeth Warren mailers arrive at a constant stream, and the secretary of state sends me a letter informing me I am being disenrolled from the Republican party. I make my first black friend, and finally learn what a pronoun is. I drink craft IPAs that cost $20 for a 4-pack.

Sometimes when I dream about it, I dream about strangling it, the PB&J that ruined my life.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
poo poo, I thought the chunks in my peanut butter were beef.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

When I think of vegan food I immediately picture disgusting fake meat. Vegetables and fruits belong to everyone, not just vegans!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
that's precisely why it's dumb to say you've never eaten vegan before

everyone has had an apple

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
when I think of vegan food I think of just making everything out of chickpeas

mmmm its a good thought

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Admiralty Flag posted:

Not homophobic per se, don't want the gays rounded up in camps, just want them completely out of the public eye. I thought this made a nice compromise and I can't understand why my gay friend couldn't accept this!

Lol at all the ESH votes in that thread.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

20 Blunts posted:

when I think of vegan food I think of just making everything out of chickpeas

mmmm its a good thought

Are these not made of 100% baby chicken?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Hobo Clown posted:

They aren't homophobic per se but they don't exactly approve of gay relationships/marriages.

Per se means "by itself", so he is saying they aren't just homophobic, they are also assholes.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

quote:

DEAR ABBY: On a recent Saturday afternoon, two of my daughter’s 13-year-old friends came to our house. My daughter answered the door, and after being denied access, both pushed their way in.

During their stay, the girls were rude and disrespectful, going through the refrigerator and pantry and helping themselves to whatever they wished. My wife and daughter repeatedly asked them to leave, but the girls laughed and ignored the requests.

What do you suggest in an event such as this without getting physical, as my wife didn’t have their parents’ phone numbers? (I was away on a work trip during all of this.) — DISRESPECTED IN OUR HOME

Wasn't this a bad Keanu Reeves movie?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"I should call the cops but let me ask Abby first"

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Arsenic Lupin posted:

The update really makes this one.

AITA for interrupting a eulogy?

But you weren't supposed to tell me, the clearly right person, I was an rear end in a top hat.

This is a man in his 40's.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST THINK LOGICALLY???

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

YamiNoSenshi posted:

Are these not made of 100% baby chicken?

No? They're only 50% chicken, the rest is peas. It's right there in the name, dumbass.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
Call the cops and then make an AITA post about if you should have called the cops

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Hobo Clown posted:

"They aren't homophobic per se but they don't exactly approve of gay relationships/marriages."

:thunk:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

AITA for grilling steak in my vegan daughters frying pan?

quote:

My daughter is a vegan, I dunno how or why shes turned out like this but because of snow flakes I now need to adhere to pointless rules. She says that she doesnt want meat cooked in her special frying pans which she bought especially. I came home the other night with a rib eye and some veal. All the other pans were dirty and I seen hers and cooked the rib eye in it and she came down stairs and went crazy. I told her that i didnt raise her this way and as long as shes living under my roof Ill do what I want with out having to answer her. She kept giving me back chat so I through all her vegan poo poo in the bin and told her that this isnt the way the Goldsteins live. She called me a fat oval office and stormed out. I was so mad and shes going to get a telling off when she comes back. Before I tell her off i just want to see if anyone else thinks AITA?

AITA For being mad at my brother who just decided to get married one month before me?

quote:

Brother is getting married the month I was going to and I’m not very happy about it

Okay so I honestly don’t know if I’m over reacting but I’m pissed. Hear me out...I (31F) have been with my significant other for 13 years. We got engaged over a year ago. I’m sure you could imagine how excited I was when he finalllllly proposed. We have been planning on getting married this summer. We made it known to my family we just didn’t know what month quite yet. I’m great at leaving things to the last minute. I own 3 businesses and have very little free time to do anything not work related. Hence the slacking of planning on my part...but still it was known that we were going to get married this summer. Well my brother just met a girl almost a year ago and just proposed to her a week ago. Before he proposed I guess they already had a venue picked out (no she’s not pregnant idk why they did things backwards). He’s now getting married in July and I was planning on July but now I’m forced to do it in August.I’m super annoyed that our family is going to have to make two separate trips for both of our weddings. I just told him I’m kind of bummed out but there’s nothing that could be done because their venue is already booked and paid for. Am I over reacting or does this majorly suck?

"I chose not to make any plans but my brother's plan conflicts with my unspoken plan. He's the jerk, right?"

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Someone call CPS

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Reddit, I started a massive fight with my daughter because I’m too lazy to wash a pan. AITA?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Better Than You posted:

Someone call CPS

Throwing out all the vegan food is a dick move regardless. Anyway, mods have deleted it because they think it's a troll. And the person who posted about their wedding date has self-deleted.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
AITA for how I respond to strangers' questions about gay sex?

quote:

So I'm not a prude by any means but I hate it when borderline or complete strangers start asking me really intimate questions about my relationship just because I'm gay... I get that gay people are less common than straight people and all that, but when you immediately switch to sexual questions after you first meet a gay person or a couple, that tells me I'm just some sort of a zoo curiosity to you. At least from my experience, it seems to be the case.

Due to this, my boyfriend and I have adopted the habit of giving snarky responses to these intimate questions or just feigning ignorance. Like when my friend's classmate asked us "who's on top and who's on bottom" just about 10 minutes after meeting us at friend's party, we just answered we don't own a bunk bed, so we sleep next to each other. And when she giggled and started trying to explain herself through female/male euphemisms, we just acted dumb. Eventually she gave up, but I found the whole situation kind of funny.

Anyhow my friend overheard the conversation and afterwards, she told me we were being needlessly assholeish to her classmate, she's from a small town and has never met gay people but she's not homophobic, etc. I never claimed this girl was homophobic, but my friend believes that by responding to people in such a condescending way, we just further the divide between LGBT/straight people and don't help our case.

So I guess I'm asking if you objectively believe this to be the case? We don't mean to offend anyone, far from it, but I just don't feel the need to answer strangers' questions about my sex life and I guess that's why I feel snarky when I get them.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

OP posted:

we don't own a bunk bed, so we sleep next to each other.
Magnificent. :allears:

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Throwing out all the vegan food is a dick move regardless. Anyway, mods have deleted it because they think it's a troll. And the person who posted about their wedding date has self-deleted.

lol well I mean it's obviously a troll

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

FormaldehydeSon posted:

lol well I mean it's obviously a troll

On r/relationships I tend to go with Poe's law.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hobo Clown posted:

OP clarified in the comments that it's not actually about his friend being gay but that friend's partner is an Old One, which might upset the Great Elders.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Transmogrifier posted:

Boyfriend (24M) told his boss that I (24F) died so he wouldn’t get fired

Best comment and username/post combo on that thread:

iWatchCrapTV posted:

Sounds like you're dating George Costanza

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for getting my neighbor towed?

I live in a small apartment building with a small parking lot. Each apartment is given one parking spot, and anyone visiting needs to park on the street. The spots are labeled by apartment number as well. Also important to note that there are a lot of car break ins in my area.

Well, a few weeks ago I came home from work and saw my neighbor’s girlfriend was parked in my spot. I know it was her because I have met them both before, and have seen her park on the street when visiting on other occasions.

I shrugged it off at first. I had been working late and they might’ve thought I wasn’t going to be home that night. So I parked on the street for the night. The next day I went to work and saw she was no longer in my spot. But when I got home that evening, she was parked there again.

It annoyed me, but I didn’t want to say anything to my landlord knowing they would have her car towed. I know how expensive that can be, so I wanted to at least try and say something to my neighbor before taking that step.

The next morning, my car had been broken into. Luckily I didn’t have anything of value inside, but my driver side window was shattered. It was extremely frustrating to deal with. That night when I got home I ran into my neighbor, his girlfriend was finally not in my spot. I politely asked that he tell his girlfriend to park on the street in the future, and he got really defensive with me. He complained that one parking spot isn’t enough and that his girlfriend didn’t feel comfortable leaving her car on the street. He also ignored me when I told him mine had been broken into.

A few days passed, I got my window fixed and his girlfriend hadn’t been at our building. And then one night I come home to see her parked in my spot, AGAIN. I was pretty fed up and decided to send my landlord a text. Her car was towed away within a couple of hours and I moved my car into my spot.

I haven’t seen my neighbor since this happened, but he left a pretty rude note on my door the day after. He was demanding I pay the $150 that it cost to get her car back, and demanded an apology as well. I will not be doing either. AITA for having his girlfriend towed out of my parking spot? I feel like I gave him the chance to prevent this.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

On a similar vegan note:

WIBTA for refusing to stop cooking bacon in my kitchen due to my teenage daughters vegan lifestyle?

quote:

Dad here, old fart, loves his daughter to pieces but I’m struggling to see eye to eye with my teenager and wife on this one.

We’ve always been a meat eating family, we live in the rural Midwest and bacon for breakfast is pretty much a given. This year my 14 y/o daughter decided to go vegan, and I jumped onto her support team with enthusiasm. We learned how to substitute ingredients, cook new things, try new things, I adjusted our budget to include more expensive vegan substitutes for her, etc.

None of this has been a problem for me until recently. She saw me cook bacon in a pan, and then I rinsed it out to load in the dishwasher. She exploded in anger (teen years, I’m not too fussed about the anger explosion, I know she doesn’t mean it) and said that that was HER pan for vegan food. I was completely floored and said, kiddo this here is a family pan, older than you, it’s not YOUR pan.

She asked me to purchase her a pan that she can solely use for vegan food. I didn’t want her to feel weird about food, so I said sure, and ordered her a few colored ones that are only for her. The reason they’re colored is so it helps me remember that I’m not to touch them unless I’m cooking vegan.

That wasn’t good enough. Now apparently the dishwasher is ‘contaminated’ with animal product, and the fridge has ‘bacon grease fingers’ on it (because I eat bacon and then touch the fridge) and she’s asked me and her mom to completely stop eating meat at home. I don’t mean I literally touch the fridge with greasy bacon hands, because I wash my hands, but it’s clearly enough that it upsets my daughter.

frankly I’m on team hell no, her mom is much more amenable and strongly wants me to consider taking our daughter up on the request. My wife’s reasoning is that both our parents live close so we can eat meat products there, and that she doesn’t want our daughter to feel uncomfortable in the kitchen. My daughter says she is fine with cheese and butter in the fridge, but it’s specifically meat products that make her feel sick. Now I’m sorry for her, but I feel like she just needs to adapt and live side by side, because I’m not going to stop eating bacon in my own house.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
One parking spot isn't enough, so I'm taking yours so you have zero.

- Mr. Galaxy Brain

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Hobo Clown posted:

For some reason, this really makes me think Jehovah's Witnesses.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Suggest vegan daughter has a mini fridge for her vegan stuff, a cupboard to herself for non fridge food and to wash her pots and pans by hand if the dishwasher is contaminated.
gently caress not cooking meat at allllll in the kitchen! That's unreasonable!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

tfw you realize you've raised a spoiled brat

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Chomp8645 posted:

One parking spot isn't enough, so I'm taking yours so you have zero.

- Mr. Galaxy Brain

well but you see, he’s not the not other person, so that doesn’t matter to him

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for uninviting my transgender sibling from my wedding?

Throwaway. I'll try to keep it to the point. Basically, my fiance and I are getting married soon, in about 4 months. Our families are all going to be there, including all of my extended family from around the country.

My sibling (this is new to me so it's hard to imagine them as my sister when I've always known them as my brother) is also flying in to see me. Well they were going to at least.

We grew up pretty close and usually share everything with each other. The other day, they called me and told me they were identifying as a woman, and wanted to be called Stella. I was shocked and still am honestly, but I love them regardless.

Anyway, they, she (it's really hard to wrap my mind around right now, please be patient) wanted to come out to the family at my wedding. She wanted to come to the wedding with a dress, wig, fake breasts on, heels, the whole works. I told her that maybe that would be really shocking to everyone and steal the spotlight from my bride. She said she could come as Dave and at the reception change and reveal Stella.

That seemed like it would take even more of the spotlight. I asked if she could just come out afterwards, or even before, just not on the wedding day. She said that, because her job is new and she doesn't have many days off yet, she wouldn't be able to stay more than the one day.

While I get that not everyone can stay to socialize, I don't think this is the day to reveal it to family. It's a big deal and will definitely take attention from my bride (who agrees.)

I've tried negotiating but she's adamant that the family never gets together anymore, and this is possibly her only opportunity for a big reveal. When I asked why she needs such a big reveal, she got angry and asked if I was transphobic.

Eventually, I told her she can't come to the wedding, because I won't have the day turn into something completely about her.

My fiance is grateful for what I did, but I'm worried I've strained relations with my sibling. AITA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've come from the far-off future of 2135. "Zoltan (fake name)" and his ketchup quest have reached a level of being referenced in this thread surpassed only by Our Lord And Savior Pete himself. Yes, this thread still exists, but the only posts are from advanced chatbot AIs since all humans died a hundred years prior.