Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Jurgan posted:

Government: There’s a threat to public health! Everyone take these precautions!
*People take precautions, succeed in preventing outbreak*
Commentators: Well, that was a lot of fuss for nothing. No one even died! Guess all those precautions they told us to take were just scaremongering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on UK's response to the coronavirus outbreak – Former health professionals could be brought out of retirement under emergency plans being considered by the government to combat the spread of coronavirus"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds expecting baby

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Pressure mounts on Priti Patel to quit amid fresh bullying claims

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The majority of them think Putin is chairman of the Soviet Union; I don't think they have ever had a thought about Batista.

They never heard about him. Or Pinochet. Or Somoza. Or Armas. Or Stroessner. Or any of the other dozens of bloodthirsty fascist stooges who mass-murdered, mass-raped, mass-disappeared with the unyielding approval and active support of the United States of America.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

How DARE the Democrats promise and/or provide a benefit to a large segment of the population in exchange for votes, for SHAME!

<burns another barrel of money from the oil and gun industries>

Mercury Hat posted:

An earthbound animal in a political newspaper strip wishing for wings that work :thunk: ?

Now now now, can't be showing great strips in response to Prickly City, you're gonna make them feel even more inadequate.

Jurgan posted:

Yeah, but he never said that. At least, not in any canonical source.

That’s really weird, because it seems contradictory to the theme of pacifism overcoming empire. I’m gonna have to read up on this some more, thanks!

I mean, Revelations is the whole "Jesus comes back and personally beats the poo poo out of every sinner" so it kind of throws all the rest of the stuff in the garbage at that point.

Wait, someone's willing to gently caress that?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Gaybies Nomination: Least-Concealed Bigotry

This is just nakedly homophobic. Garrison's got such a talent for saying the quiet part through a loving bullhorn.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg said the economic stimulus response to COVID-19 will be "responsible" and "targeted". "Colour-coding" is a reference to the spreadsheet used in the sports rorts affair (depicted visually in Rowe's cartoon below), where the money was targeted politically to marginal and Liberal electorates.

Rowe:

Zanetti:

Leak, Son of Leak:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
That seems like a very poor location to be launching rockets from.

"Couldn't of"

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

This is a stupid cartoon but that dabbing skeleton owns.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

oh so is that going to be the talking point now

it's beautiful

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Canadian here, is this an accurate portrayal of American politics right now?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

absolutely

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

...What? :confused:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

The coronavirus "ghosts" still have their individual colors and are not edible blue, so Medication Pac-Man is going to collapse as soon as he contacts the first one.
:goonsay:

Gaybies Nomination: Most Incomprehensible

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon (I shoulda been doing this for all of these "the Democrats are deliberately artificially inflating fears of coronavirus because they don't like Trump!!!" cartoons)

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

MikeyTsi posted:

Wait, someone's willing to gently caress that?

Bojo even has concubines!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nature is tired of our attacks and has retaliated with Corona.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Okay I hosed up the quote function on this one but my guess is the conspiracy theory that China released a bioweapon to suppress Hong Kong is the theme of this comic. Just a guess

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Sandpuppy posted:

"Couldn't of"

Interesting that Delonas depicts Wall Street here specifically as the golden idol from Exodus. Delonas is truly a paragon of hate, simultaneously depicting his dislike for wall street, democrats, and Trump.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I think it's nature fighting back against humanity.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Discendo Vox posted:

I think it's nature fighting back against humanity.

you could be right but I am used to doing speculative takes on pedestrian art thanks to my brief stint in art school so maybe this is just a lovely comic

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Gaybies Nomination: Worst Gaslighter Cartoon (I shoulda been doing this for all of these "the Democrats are deliberately artificially inflating fears of coronavirus because they don't like Trump!!!" cartoons)

Should "Worst Coronavirus" get its own category this year?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

"How come none of that killed us all, huh?"

Ignorance of the anthropic principle will kill us all.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Mar 3, 2020

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

T-man posted:

oh so is that going to be the talking point now

it's beautiful

Governmemt should run everything is code for abortions should be legal and readily available.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

The coronavirus "ghosts" still have their individual colors and are not edible blue, so Medication Pac-Man is going to collapse as soon as he contacts the first one.
:goonsay:

Not even the dumbest Pac-Man themed coronavirus cartoon:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Selachian posted:

Not even the dumbest Pac-Man themed coronavirus cartoon:

Insert Patrick Stewart image here exclaiming there are four ghosts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaybie or whatever they're called now nomination: Most nakedly goddamn racist. Jesus Christ.

This edit however is fantastic.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sandpuppy posted:

That seems like a very poor location to be launching rockets from.
]

so just ignoring anita hill or is there something more recent in the news?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well, Carmen's in for a lifetime of medical debt. I'm surprised that he would be willing to tackle something like this considering his history of "both sides are bad! Vote libertarian" history in the comic.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Randalor posted:

Well, Carmen's in for a lifetime of medical debt. I'm surprised that he would be willing to tackle something like this considering his history of "both sides are bad! Vote libertarian" history in the comic.

I think you’ll find, liberal, that here in Prickly City people are responsible enough to not get sick when they can’t afford it

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Randalor posted:

after Carmen is shocked by a huge bill they both run to Cuba where Winslow promises free healthcare only to find out its very poor and TAXES, there is no resolution

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

the_steve posted:

Should "Worst Coronavirus" get its own category this year?

I'm certainly considering it! I'd like to see how long it lasts. Until then, though, I'm gonna ladle in a faux Gaybies Nomination so the script picks up this post and reminds me.

Ambitious Spider posted:

Because Biden doesn't support literally every minority and working-class person in literally every circumstance, he therefore doesn't actually support any minorities or working-class people. A Willfully Dense Cartoon.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ambitious Spider posted:

Why would he bring up something he thinks didn't happen?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I saw a political cartoon posted today and I can't remember the name of the cartoonist, I know he used to get posted here a lot and I remember some debate about him working for a Russian news outlet, but I'm having no luck finding anything through google. Anyone recognize the style?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

I saw a political cartoon posted today and I can't remember the name of the cartoonist, I know he used to get posted here a lot and I remember some debate about him working for a Russian news outlet, but I'm having no luck finding anything through google. Anyone recognize the style?

All I can think of is

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Twelve by Pies posted:

When people share images on the Internet, they do either of two things:
1. crop the image to remove the actual author's credit, or
2. add a big watermark to claim credit for themselves

Using Google Reverse Image search, I found an uncropped version of the picture, showing the URL http://www.sinkers.org/ which is Mike Flugennock's site.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Twelve by Pies posted:

That's Mike Flugennock, who is like the left's Delonas: he hates everybody in politics, he just hates Republicans more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Today, Garrison REALLY channels his inner Dees.

Garrison posted:

Deep State Cure

Bill Gates, whose net worth is over $100 billion, once remarked that vaccines could reduce world population by 10 to 15 percent.

Bill is a member of the ‘Big Club.’ He’s an unelected world leader. He and his fellow controllers at the top of the pyramid pretty much own the planet. It’s theirs. They want it turned into their own personal paradise. They don’t want more ‘useless eaters’ and more polluting humans mucking things up. That’s why Gates pushes GMO foods and 5G. The latter is a lot more concerning than the current coronavirus.

The vaccine-obsessed Gates recently warned that the coronavirus may be the ‘once-in-a-century pathogen we’ve been worried about’ I doubt he’s worried about it at all. It’s probably all going according to plan. One of Gates’ allies will come up with a special vaccine that would cure it and who knows…maybe lawmakers will make such a shot mandatory. California has already accomplished that tyranny. We should have control over our own bodies and what goes into them, but the Big Club would turn us into their citizen cattle.

The scientific, corporate, and political ‘authorities’ love vaccines. Through their propaganda they’ve made it seem as if the human immune system is no longer trusted–even though millions of years have been invested in its development. Suddenly, we’re told it needs endless help via needle jib jabs. The vaccine ingredients include mercury, aluminum, aborted fetal and animal cells, and a litany of other junk mostly ignored by doctors and patients alike. Just shut up and take your drat shot! You’re not anti-science, are you? That’s the militantly angry reaction from authorities when vaccinations are questioned.

The tremendous upswing in dementia could be caused by an aluminum build-up in the brain. Autism is off the charts. Chemical bombs are going off in brains of children due to over vaccination. There is plenty of evidence pointing to the barbarity of vaccination, yet those who merely question vaccines are smeared as conspiracy theorists and nut jobs.

I don’t trust the CDC. Those who run it come and go through revolving doors, trading positions with Big Pharma. I don’t trust the World Health Organization and its ties to a UN globalist agenda. I don’t trust the Chicoms. I don’t trust any vaccine coming out of China. I don’t trust the corporate mass media who brainwash people into taking constant flu shots. I particularly distrust Bill Gates, who comes from a pro-abortion, pro-eugenics family. By the time he does bring about a vaccine, the current virus will most likely have mutated—like most flu viruses. The vaccine will be useless. A patient may recover from the flu, but the junk in the vaccines will stay their bodies until death. They may even cause people to die sooner than later. That’s what the Big Club wants. Just take a look at their Georgia Guidestones. They enjoy telling us what they want to make happen.

It could be that the virus is a distraction—a crisis for us to focus on while they pull other shenanigans. The conspiracy theories are myriad, but I’m sure of one thing: The cure will be worse than the disease.
Gates did say that vaccines could reduce population, but it require (shock!) an understanding of science.

Life strategies is a concept in biology regarding fecundity. To keep it simple: it’s the tradeoff between having more offspring with a higher morality (because the parent can’t tend to them all) versus few offspring with lower morality (you raise them).

Humans are typically the latter: we raise a small number of offspring for a prolonged period. But humans are not wild animals, and Bill’s team noted that human tend to switch strategies based on infant mortality. If you believe half your kids won’t make it past their first few years, then your liable to have more kids. But, statistics being what they are, you are not guaranteed to lose four of your eight kids. So net population increases When quality of life and morality rates improve, there are fewer kids per family, decreasing net population.

(As an aside, overpopulation is kind of a bullshit conceit designed to, as usual, place blame for the sins of the wealthy upon the masses. People can’t get housing and food because there are too many people. C-certainly not because rich people hoard land and resources!)

So yeah, Billy G’s objectives are kinda bad, but he’s not trying to implement an NWO purge.