Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
m4a1 is the best all rounder imo (for assault rifles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

Snazzy Frocks posted:

m4a1 is the best all rounder imo (for assault rifles)

Still? After the nerf? It’s what I use now

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

wintrrmute posted:

Still? After the nerf? It’s what I use now

M4, RAM-7 and the Grau are the 3 best assault rifles in the game. Probably in that order but the RAM and M4 are close.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Free yourself from the shackles of ARs. Cast them away and listen to the siren song of SMGs. The proletariat need no longer be burned by the tyranny of ARs.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

JaySB posted:

M4, RAM-7 and the Grau are the 3 best assault rifles in the game. Probably in that order but the RAM and M4 are close.

I’m using the XRK M4 but switched in a red dot. Any gun perks / mods that are a must have? I’m not sure how much that green laser gives away my position but it turns my gun into a laser.

Also, previous CODs had a huge penalty for using a suppressor - is that still the case?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

wintrrmute posted:

I’m using the XRK M4 but switched in a red dot. Any gun perks / mods that are a must have? I’m not sure how much that green laser gives away my position but it turns my gun into a laser.

Also, previous CODs had a huge penalty for using a suppressor - is that still the case?

Lightweight suppressors have a damage penalty which makes them useless, monolithic suppressors increase range and own.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Live At Five! posted:

Lightweight suppressors have a damage penalty which makes them useless, monolithic suppressors increase range and own.

gently caress, double post.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

wintrrmute posted:

My preferred build for the M4 is Monolithic suppressor, Corvus Custom barrel, 50rd mags, no stock, stippled grip. EOD, Ghost, shrapnel.

Lightweight suppressor kills your range the monolithic increases it.

You should look at XClusiveAce's channel for all the good info and builds.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaN1rig0bL7SUod2WN0P8XA

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

JaySB posted:

My preferred build for the M4 is Monolithic suppressor, Corvus Custom barrel, 50rd mags, no stock, stippled grip. EOD, Ghost, shrapnel.

Lightweight suppressor kills your range the monolithic increases it.

You should look at XClusiveAce's channel for all the good info and builds.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaN1rig0bL7SUod2WN0P8XA

Ah cool thanks for sharing. I’m lvl 53 and I don’t have many of the unlocks you mention....I suppose they come later? Also, you don’t run an optic?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
The sooner you get used to iron sights the better

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The sooner you get used to iron sights the better

Agreed, I almost never use sights unless the iron sights are straight garbage. I hate 3 pronged sights because my eyes inevitably focus on the wrong prong and I die.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I have most kills with the kilo by a significant margin.

Scar can be good if you can deal with having low ammo all the time

M4 with a suppressor is very good.

Gotta build a ram load out now.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

wintrrmute posted:

Ah cool thanks for sharing. I’m lvl 53 and I don’t have many of the unlocks you mention....I suppose they come later? Also, you don’t run an optic?

All the weapons unlock stuff at different weapon level. Has nothing to do with your player rank. Just keep grinding and use the double weapon xp tokens etc. I try not to use an optic on anything not named the Oden, sniper rifles, the MG34, or anything I plan on getting in longer range engagements in. Most of the guns have really good iron sights and there are better attachments.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The MP5 is both the best and easiest to use primary in the game and can easily hold its own even against ARs at range.

The TAR-21 is the best AR by a small margin for sheer TTK but has a couple of disadvantages you need to learn to compensate for (aggressive recoil and a long reload time). The M4 is second best (again, by a small margin) - its TTK is ever so slightly slower but it doesn't have the TAR's downsides and is a lot easier to use as a result.

The Grau is a solid third, with a phenomenal damage dropoff range especially when modded, but a slightly lower rate of fire (and thus worse TTK).

Any other gun you choose to use is a handicap you impose on yourself. :thumbsup:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 3, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'll keep my crappy PKM, thanks. :haw:

(M4 is legit badass though)

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I'm of the opinion it's far easier to play with a gun that plays to your strengths/how you want to play than one that min/maxes absolute numbers and shoehorning that into how you wanna play.

I absolutely dominate with the firehose build of the PKM on rust since you need range and reloading is suicide.

The mp5 is fast but I typically stick to ARs for the easier kills at mid-long range. Kilo isn't necessarily a stats darling but I find it (with my mods) to be better than the m4. I found the AUG to be somewhat better than the mp5 in terms of handling.

I'm Pretty terrible at landing single shots so avoid the sniper rifles. I also like the utility of laying down full auto fire to shut out lanes (every weapon I use gets extended mags if they have it.)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The Grau is great, and is probably the most versatile gun in the game, attachment-wise. It can go from "more mobile than most SMGs" to "longshot machine" just based on changing the barrel and stock.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I can’t get the hang of the Striker’s 2 rd burst. Get murked every time

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

jerman999 posted:

I can’t get the hang of the Striker’s 2 rd burst. Get murked every time

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
burst is stupid if it just fires at the same rate without burst. the only good burst is the FR 5.56 imo

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

FAL burst is pretty great too.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
It is not

It just adds a longer cool down between shots after the burst without any benefit to ttk from the burst itself

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Still no BR announcement?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is not

It just adds a longer cool down between shots after the burst without any benefit to ttk from the burst itself

Hate to pile on but I basically posted this as well and agree

I want to like the FAL so much

But ehh

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is not

If your weapon is a 1 burst kill and you can hit your shots the TTK is fantastic.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is not

Actually the burst attachment on the FAL does actually increase the RoF, but it's not by much so your TTK goes down by a blistering 15ms or something. Not worth the attachment slot imo unless you're really bad at shooting fast with semi-autos.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, but burst guns can be fun in some weird way I can’t describe. Not always optimal or whatever but drat if they don’t hit the spot.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The 2rnd burst hollowpoints on the Striker are so awesome, as long as you hit that upper chest. With the 400mm barrel you can just delete people -- I think it's the fastest TTK of any gun that can't one shot?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I just got an email about an unlockable tomagotchi watch for my CoD guy.

The hell? It’s not April fools day, right?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, but burst guns can be fun in some weird way I can’t describe. Not always optimal or whatever but drat if they don’t hit the spot.
In that case have you tried the Oden with burst? It's a 2-round burst so it's technically able to 1-burst someone, though I'd imagine it's less reliable than the FAL burst due to needing to land both shots on the chest/head.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ahem. It's a tamaGUNchi. It's also :10bux:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Oh hell yeah, finally!~ You feed them with kills, seems like a goofy fun thing!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ahem. It's a tamaGUNchi. It's also :10bux:

never fuckin' mind..

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Mister Facetious posted:

I'll keep my crappy PKM, thanks. :haw:

(M4 is legit badass though)

PKM is not crappy! That's my preferred ground war gun, with FMJ taking out killstreaks. Also remember you can harass APCs with small arms.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Arcella posted:

PKM is not crappy! That's my preferred ground war gun, with FMJ taking out killstreaks. Also remember you can harass APCs with small arms.

hell yeah, i keep the skies clear pretty much on my own

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
Looks like today's hotfix actually buffed the 5.45 AK for real this time. Now a 3-shot kill guaranteed (even when shooting limbs) up to about 18m for a roughly 174ms TTK, which is uh, pretty good.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
They also made boots on the GW regular core mode. Meh.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want that FBI Domino skin but I just cannot bring myself to pay as much as they want for these drat skins. The P90 it comes with looks sick as hell too.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Today I learned that double tapping the sprint button is tactical sprint

I have been playing this game since November.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Laserface posted:

Today I learned that double tapping the sprint button is tactical sprint

I have been playing this game since November.
Don't feel too bad, this exact same post happens every 5 pages or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I was both happy and mad when I figured that out