Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Rip in peace Pathologic 2, died before the real outbreak began

It's finally out on console this week I'm gonna buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Help Im Alive posted:

It's finally out on console this week I'm gonna buy it

It's been out on Xbox for a while, the PS4 release (which I've been waiting for) is this week.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Way of the Samurai 3 is better in some ways, gives you more freedom. But 4 has a super helpful in-game flowchart that makes it much, much easier to figure out how to accomplish things.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I had a melody from the Half Life mod The Opera stuck in my head for a very long time. After over 10 years of irregular tries to find out where the melody was originally from, I finally found out that is was part of the song Low Rider, by War. After that, the curse was lifted.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
was WOTS the series with Melinda Megamelons in it because if so that's the only thing I know about that series

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i need to know if that's a clever nickname for a character you came up with or if it's the actual, in-game name of a character

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

al-azad posted:

Fast and weighty is what made id a household name in the 90s. Doom’s best maps play out like a bullet hell and there’s a good sense of momentum and weight behind your character. FPS games ditched the heaviness of Doom and the result is like the weird slipperiness of Half-Life that makes platforming harder than it should be.

I’m playing Plutonia and there’s an amazing mastery of Doom’s small roster. It is the ultimate Doom experience and the best distillation of 90s FPS games. The designer understood Doom so well that certain events are timed impeccably based on monster health. Like you’re ambushed in a corridor by a baron and they’ll teleport the baron an inch from it’s closet to prevent you from squeezing around it, it’s mean and brilliant.

well-designed Doom2 maps are all about using its roster effectively, Doom 2 has maybe the best use of damage sponges I've seen in an action game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Baller Time posted:

I had a melody from the Half Life mod The Opera stuck in my head for a very long time. After over 10 years of irregular tries to find out where the melody was originally from, I finally found out that is was part of the song Low Rider, by War. After that, the curse was lifted.

i think there was an ahl map where if you blew up a car this would start playing

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

i need to know if that's a clever nickname for a character you came up with or if it's the actual, in-game name of a character

it's the actual in-game name and it's from 4

i remember this explicitly because of an ancient best friends video

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cowcaster posted:

i might be bullshitting but the way i understood it, it was supposed to be a suggestive/punny bond-girl name but "Melinda Megamelons" was the best the localizier could do

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cowcaster posted:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Gettin’ hornt up at the megamelons

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Speaking of insane names:

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/03/void-trrlm-void-terrarium-coming-west-this-summer

Weedle
May 31, 2006

melinda megamelons, so named because of her *googles* relatively normal-sized bust

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

void tRrLM huh, I didn't know there was a CSPAM poster on the dev team.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

seeing this now just makes her look like an oblivion character

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My cat was v sick the last couple weeks. First with a bladder inflammation, then with a sinus infection. He's on a new diet now and taking antibiotics and is back to his hungry, sassy self.

I hope it improves your day a little to know there is one fewer sick kitty in the world.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
japanese developers love semicolons, and putting them in game titles

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Weedle posted:

melinda megamelons, so named because of her *googles* relatively normal-sized bust

melinda mediocremelons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle posted:

Maybe it's like a tiny the tiger thing

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Melinda Medianmelons

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
looking it up, her "actual" last name was De Cameron which, is apparently a pun for "huge melons" in Japanese, and this was inexplicably back-translated to "Megamelons" for the US release

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

De Colletage

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

lol imagine if there was also a monkey.... and he was eating a cheese xD

This is a completely ridiculous statement. Too far fetched

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i just want to play as Krieg in every game

The lack of Krieg is 100% why IDGAF about BL3. That character totally changed that kind of FPS for me. I went from basically hating it to having a blast. I'm not good at aiming and I don't enjoy it, it all reminds me of Duck Hunt and I wasn't good at and didn't enjoy that then either. Krieg was perfect for me, I get stronger by by getting shot and charging the enemy like a loon, I go on a berserker rage, and one of my best powers is to die. If I die hard enough, I actually don't die at all! The lack of this archetype in BL3 makes me seriously doubt what they think made their game fun in the first place.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked breaking Salvador (even more than usual) by pumping his skills which proc at 0% shield, and equipping the 0-cap shield from one of the DLCs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZwm9cvXuMs

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Feels Villeneuve posted:

looking it up, her "actual" last name was De Cameron which, is apparently a pun for "huge melons" in Japanese, and this was inexplicably back-translated to "Megamelons" for the US release

"inexplicably"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/CanYouPetTheDog/status/1234888326366273543

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/kyttenjanae/status/1234894734738386944

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

But who is doom slayer endorsing

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Quoting this from the horror games thread

E4C85D38 posted:

I got World of Horror from gamepass and it's pretty great. I love the CGA palette you can turn on. It obviously still needs some polish, though, judging by the gamepass release that hasn't been updated : the copy needs to be proofread again, the game has a tendency to crash upon stamina death, and there are some other things that I think are probably bugs but I cannot be 100% certain.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

haveblue posted:

bloomberg

bfgs aren't cheap

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/DaydLarce/status/1234678969959501832

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

haveblue posted:

Doomslayer is more of a "propaganda of the deed" type

edit: rip and tear the establishment, until it is done

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here, can you explain

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

boobs are incredibly dangerous

Khanstant posted:

The lack of Krieg is 100% why IDGAF about BL3. That character totally changed that kind of FPS for me. I went from basically hating it to having a blast. I'm not good at aiming and I don't enjoy it, it all reminds me of Duck Hunt and I wasn't good at and didn't enjoy that then either. Krieg was perfect for me, I get stronger by by getting shot and charging the enemy like a loon, I go on a berserker rage, and one of my best powers is to die. If I die hard enough, I actually don't die at all! The lack of this archetype in BL3 makes me seriously doubt what they think made their game fun in the first place.

and on top of all that he's a great and interesting character story-wise. (at least to me - monstrous/scary looking characters that are actually good is my #1 favorite character archetype (because i can relate) plus the whole mystery of who he was before he was experimented on, etc.)

i heard a rumor that the DLC#4 for BL3 will be about Krieg so we'll have to see.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

The characters boobs can hit and cause damage.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FirstAidKite posted:

Her boobs have a hitbox.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm not a scientist but i'd imagine hitting someone with your tits would do more damage to the tit haver than the tit havee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

i'm not a scientist but i'd imagine hitting someone with your tits would do more damage to the tit haver than the tit havee

This is anime, your science is no good here.