Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lysandus
Jun 21, 2010
Is there an upgrade path for old exotics or are they just dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Lysandus posted:

Is there an upgrade path for old exotics or are they just dead?
The word is they're dead, you'll need to get new ones. The availability is better than it was in the past due to the targeted loot system, but you aren't chasing them for their holstered talents anymore.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

PleasantDirge posted:

I'm a goober and so I'm starting over from scratch on PS4, if anyone else is doing the same or just want to run the OG content with a fat man PSN is Nosferatusoon

I sent you an invite to the PS4 clan. There are some players leveling up so should be able to find someone to shoot baddies with.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

How do I get spec points for my specialization in NYC? I have been leveling to 36, doing some bounties, main missions etc and don’t seem to be getting any?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Noirex posted:

How do I get spec points for my specialization in NYC? I have been leveling to 36, doing some bounties, main missions etc and don’t seem to be getting any?

You probably won’t get spec points until you finish the story. After that missions and poo poo should give you points.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

You probably won’t get spec points until you finish the story. After that missions and poo poo should give you points.

Thanks, that’s kind of an odd gameplay choice. But might as well go demo all the way and not worry about that now then.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Yeah you aren't getting spec points while progressing to Level 40, and if you're like me and was Level 40 before completing the Story, you will still get an effect to indicate that you've leveled but it won't count for progress for the SHD Network that comes into play after you've completed the story, and you won't get a cache either.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure what I was expecting but I wasn't satisfied with how it ended.

[edit]
I mean game good, and the plot was never the game's strength in the first place, but still, ehhh

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 4, 2020

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
So happy they nerfed the range of the Warhound EMP

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Inferior posted:

Also, the Hunter outfit has been added to the apparel cache loot pool, so if you can unlock it with textiles if you missed out on the referral program one.
it's in the free caches but you can't buy with textiles yet

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

isk posted:

So happy they nerfed the range of the Warhound EMP
I loving hate Warhounds

They are a bad doggo

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Still getting the 'can't talk to NPC' bug but only with control point officers, at least it's not the progression blocker the safehouse NPCs were.

Also the radio in Haven :allears:

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

jabro posted:

I sent you an invite to the PS4 clan. There are some players leveling up so should be able to find someone to shoot baddies with.

Thank you! I had to start from scratch and will probably knock out enough content tonight after I finish my assignment for class to get to clans and accept your super nice invite

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I wanted to pop my head in and keep playing the base game, but there's a 40GB update. Apparently they need to load the Warlords content onto everyone's system regardless of whether they have the DLC?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Psion posted:

Still getting the 'can't talk to NPC' bug but only with control point officers, at least it's not the progression blocker the safehouse NPCs were.

Also the radio in Haven :allears:
I liked the radio in James Dragov's office.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bruceski posted:

I wanted to pop my head in and keep playing the base game, but there's a 40GB update. Apparently they need to load the Warlords content onto everyone's system regardless of whether they have the DLC?

Yep. Bye bye grand theft auto

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Can I jump into this new DLC if I burned out on D2 before I hit WT5 or should I stay and hit WT5?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

he1ixx posted:

Can I jump into this new DLC if I burned out on D2 before I hit WT5 or should I stay and hit WT5?

dont bother you start leveling again

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Am I misremembering, or does it take longer to stow the crossbow now?

The nail gun rikers are huge jerks that need to gently caress off :mad:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Capn Beeb posted:

Am I misremembering, or does it take longer to stow the crossbow now?

The nail gun rikers are huge jerks that need to gently caress off :mad:

The boss fight against three named ones sucks so hard. It was so hard to actually flank them, even with my drone doing most of the work.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The boss fight against three named ones sucks so hard. It was so hard to actually flank them, even with my drone doing most of the work.

the ones with shields?

...........did you, ah, try the miniguns ISAC wouldn't shut up about?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

FAUXTON posted:

the ones with shields?

...........did you, ah, try the miniguns ISAC wouldn't shut up about?

I did, but it wouldn’t break the shields or stagger them. I dunno if it was glitched or what.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I did, but it wouldn’t break the shields or stagger them. I dunno if it was glitched or what.

Aim for the weak points.

Also once you finish the story and you can do whatever, stop and craft some poo poo. The jump between story mode stuff and ‘normal’ is no joke.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Cyrano4747 posted:

dont bother you start leveling again

Are the Coney Island missions in the old world? I saw something about them on YT

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
So I played in DC for about 10 minutes before the maintenance yesterday. Did a bounty, a nearby elite patrol and then clicked around in the inventory.

Did they get rid of the yellow flashing indicator when you hit a weakpoint and replace it with the bot saying "Weakpoint Identified"? I can see that getting annoying fast...

I'm bummed they removed the auto-reload from the exotic holster, it made LMGs so much easier to use.

I've been holding off buying Warlords until it goes on sale, will that ever happen? DLC for other older Ubi games are still full price, e.g. AC: Origins

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Stinger outfit looks so good in some cutscenes:

https://i.imgur.com/HHCvv1g.mp4

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 4, 2020

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
How are my fellow LMG fans compensating for the lack of Fill 'Er Up? My Unhinged M60 is garbage now even with the damage bonus from Gunner and I'm resorting to charging fools with a KSG.

I also don't like how Rogue death timers are essentially gone. They can't make the DZ that small and allow rogues to come right back from the nearest respawn. The fights never end.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Heroic difficulty is definitely balanced for having a cohesive, near-max build. I was grouped up earlier and doing a control point and even though I was pumping out 200k headshots with a FAMAS it felt like I was shooting marshmallows. Fortunately you can still get blueprints for doing control points on Challenging so avoid Heroic at all costs.

Also, it seems as though the chest and backpack talents for gear sets aren't working right now. All the normal gear set bonuses are working though.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Working through the content I missed since all the off-map stuff was introduced seems to have been a mistake. The story isn't good enough to bother doing everything up to Coney Island first when I'll just be running everything over again at Hard+. Do I miss anything by not jumping straight to NYC?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Hammerstein posted:

Stinger outfit looks so good in some cutscenes:

https://i.imgur.com/HHCvv1g.mp4

At least I’m pretty sure you can’t cheat or use hacks in cutscenes

(Op is a DZ hacker)

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Admiral Joeslop posted:

A yellow boss spawned for me in those sewers and dropped a key that opened the door to the SHD tech. I think the trigger was getting into another door that required shooting a yellow panel through the glass on the door.

So be careful doing this one. I was exploring the sewer on my way to unlock the safehouse, and found the big guy and the key but must have missed the door that leads to the cache, or at least missed the cache itself. The key disappears when you log out. Now whenever I shoot the yellow panel through the door (that's supposed to open the door to the room with the dude), the panel shorts out, but the door doesn't open. I found a thread on the ubi forum from someone with the same bug that theorized that getting the key sets a flag so you can't get it again. I don't know how accurate that is, but I have a plan: a buddy of mine is going to make a new character, boost to 30, and invite me to his group once he's in New York and ready to go after the cache. Hopefully that will work!

At least the projects aren't actually tied to the story, which is what I thought was the case yesterday, and I'm glad I was wrong about that. It's just annoying rather than progress-killing.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
And New York has seen better days....

https://i.imgur.com/AupxDgi.mp4

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bruceski posted:

Got through the whole thing and "download failed". It definitely pulled 40 gigs of SOMETHING, wish I knew what.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Not sure the backpack talent on Hard Wired is working as written atm. Enabling/cancelling Drone doesn't drop the cooldown to 10s, and Chem Launcher doesn't seem to proc the cooldown refresh at all.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Shumagorath posted:

Working through the content I missed since all the off-map stuff was introduced seems to have been a mistake. The story isn't good enough to bother doing everything up to Coney Island first when I'll just be running everything over again at Hard+. Do I miss anything by not jumping straight to NYC?

Here's what you miss:

* Camp White Oak is a decent enough map that's good and pretty
* Manning Zoo is visually nice but the arenas are pretty annoying
* Coney Island has two missions, both fairly good, and the setting is cool. It's the lead-in to the NYC story.
* The Pentagon has two missions and they're actively fighting each other for the title of Worst loving Mission Ever.
* The expedition to Kenley College is bad and a slog, I've heard. I skipped it.

I'd say spend an hour doing Coney and skip straight to the dlc. There's no point in gearing up or farming other locations as the whole game is boned right now until you're a geared-up 40.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

isk posted:

Not sure the backpack talent on Hard Wired is working as written atm. Enabling/cancelling Drone doesn't drop the cooldown to 10s, and Chem Launcher doesn't seem to proc the cooldown refresh at all.

None of the gear set chest and backpack talents are working right now. I think Thylander has confirmed this. Hold onto the gear and they should fix it soon. Especially if this affects the new gear sets.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Mailer posted:

Here's what you miss:

* Coney Island has two missions, both fairly good, and the setting is cool. It's the lead-in to the NYC story.
* The Pentagon has two missions and they're actively fighting each other for the title of Worst loving Mission Ever.

I'd say spend an hour doing Coney and skip straight to the dlc. There's no point in gearing up or farming other locations as the whole game is boned right now until you're a geared-up 40.

How do you get to the Coney Island missions? I didn’t see any way to get to them.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Mailer posted:

Here's what you miss:

Eh I did Kenley last week. It would suck if you did it in one go but at a wing a day it’s not bad.

Still skip it and do NYC but the next time it comes around it’s not excruciating or anything.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

he1ixx posted:

How do you get to the Coney Island missions? I didn’t see any way to get to them.

Same as the others - fast travel to the icon. You'll helicopter over to them, assuming you meet whatever the requirements happen to be. I was already GS500 when I came back so I don't know if there are special reqs somewhere.

E:

isk posted:

I'm not sure on drone. I'd have to time whether or not the backpack talent lets me refresh after ten seconds. It felt like it worked as it should with tossing out my hive to reset seekers, but it's not like I was counting in between resets.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Mar 4, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

What's the best healing skill now?

What are good armor and health numbers to have now? I've ended up with around 850K armor and 350K health and I feel like I'm made of tissue paper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mailer posted:

Here's what you miss:

Point 4 is completely wrong because point 5 takes that title every day and twice on Sundays. The Pentagon missions are puppies and rainbows compared to that college.