Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005
So i played all day yesterday (took a sick day) and what im seeing is kinda concerning at the high end. So scaling up the difficulties from normal to hard is no problem, the issue is when you go to the higher tiers like challenging and the one above that is where the insanity starts. Now I know that these difficulties should be more difficult, yeah, but just running some challenging stuff last night was bullet sponge madness. We did 2 challenging bounties and let me tell you never in div 2 have I sunk so many bullets into a named, in fact running out of ammo 2 times to kill 1 named bounty, was ridiculous.(so just myself I sunk well over 1600 bullets into the dude and my avg dmg is about 80K on my ar, so thats roughly 120-130 million HP that I shot him for, give or take crits, misses and such) And this was with all 4 of us focus firing each one at a time. And to make things worse, the first named would dip out behind cover and heal his shield to full!

Before this challenging was challenging but never this spongy. And this is not even the the highest tier of difficulty! And yeah some of you will say, but your gear is not optimized yet, blah blah, but I dont ever see my DPS doubling or tripling over what I have right now. It might go up by 10%-30% at the most. Bottom line from what I see is this expansion is a huge nerf to dps from WT5.

The other one was kinda weird, again, challenging, on top of a rooftop in NY, and the weird thing was that again, focus firing one at a time, it looked like they would glitch? to full shield in an instant after we get the shield down. Dont know whats going on there but definitely something off about all this.

Peechka fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mailer posted:

Yes, if you're in this game to get punched in the groin repeatedly and have slow slogs through sponges, they've fixed it. They previously fixed it in the other direction, which made it fun.

I mean if your idea of fun is being able to tackle challenging content after 1 day of playing the game then cool? But that would make an abysmal endgame.

Building up a perfect recal library in addition to building up your core attributes past 40 will continue to improve your TTK which will in turn make challenging easier and fun. Don’t slam your head against it when you’re not geared for it.

Pre WONY challenging was an absolute joke with no thought or skill needed to clear it. It was boring as gently caress.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

It hurt logging in and having my build nuked from orbit. But then I accepted it and realized I'd replace everything shortly anyways and had a field day wiping out my entire stash and inventory (except exotics). That was liberating and exactly what the game needed. Having a ton of fun in NY hunting for simplified upgrades.

Also I hope we can upgrade our old exotics eventually because Pestilence was a beast for the 1-2 levels before it got completely outclassed.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Peechka posted:

So i played all day yesterday (took a sick day) and what im seeing is kinda concerning at the high end. So scaling up the difficulties from normal to hard is no problem, the issue is when you go to the higher tiers like challenging and the one above that is where the insanity starts. Now I know that these difficulties should be more difficult, yeah, but just running some challenging stuff last night was bullet sponge madness. We did 2 challenging bounties and let me tell you never in div 2 have I sunk so many bullets into a named, in fact running out of ammo 2 times to kill 1 named bounty, was ridiculous.(so just myself I sunk well over 1600 bullets into the dude and my avg dmg is about 80K on my ar, so thats roughly 120-130 million HP that I shot him for, give or take crits and such) And this was with all 4 of us focus firing each one at a time. And to make things worse, the first named would dip out behind cover and heal his shield to full!

Before this challenging was challenging but never this spongy. And this is not even the the highest tier of difficulty! And yeah some of you will say, but your gear is not optimized yet, blah blah, but I dont ever see my DPS doubling or tripling over what I have right now. It might go up by 10%-30% at the most. Bottom line from what I see is this expansion is a huge nerf to dps from WT5.

This was my experience as well on a solo challenging bounty. I don't know what my numbers are at the moment, but I was around 80K like you. I have a max damage roll on the AR and gloves, with crit stuff here and there. I agree with you. I could probably boost the weapon damage to a certain degree but not to get back to a point where I can drop elites without dumping a thousand rounds into them. It has to be an issue with their math on the enemy armor values.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SotG confirmed we're supposed to still get specialization points when leveling up after 40, but it's not working right now. No ETA on a fix

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pre WONY challenging was an absolute joke with no thought or skill needed to clear it. It was boring as gently caress.

There are other ways to make challenging content without the need a crutch into making all enemies bullet sponges.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They’re only bullet sponges because you’re not geared for it.

To be fair, they could be way overturned a la. D3 inferno at launch but I’m willing to give the game a week or so for the meta to form up before I start calling poo poo bullet sponges.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3
Is this still $3? The title/op say it should be until the 14th, but it's showing up 30bux for me on uplay, do I need to buy it at a specific place?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wahhhh I can’t waffle stomp turd yellow bars down the drain on the highest difficulties in the third day of the expansion to an RPG that specifically mentioned it was tuning challenging+ to highly optimized endgame gear.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
wondered how long it would take to get to the undergeared idiots running their mouth phase

Peechka
Nov 10, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They’re only bullet sponges because you’re not geared for it.

To be fair, they could be way overturned a la. D3 inferno at launch but I’m willing to give the game a week or so for the meta to form up before I start calling poo poo bullet sponges.

Like I said, there is no way that our DPS will double or triple based around our gear. We might be able to min max our way into eeking out 20-30% more DPS but based on my calculation those challenging named had close to 500 million health if not more.(because the fuckers healed) even if youre using a high end sniper and doing 1.5-2 mill head shots with it, its still ~300 head shots you have to land, lol.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Gods, these Kenley missions are poop. Sure, I'll spend three minutes dumping my gun into a chemical tank, hoping it dies before an arbitrary timer ends.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Squee posted:

Is this still $3? The title/op say it should be until the 14th, but it's showing up 30bux for me on uplay, do I need to buy it at a specific place?

Base game should be three bucks and Warlords of New York should be 30.

E:just checked and vanilla is showing as 10 bucks for me, weird.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Squee posted:

HI SQUEE!!

Yes, it should be. All their marketing and even Uplay has been saying until March 14th. Just hold off because that sounds like an error. They have been making plenty of errors.

Boo on them.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

And this gets auto linked in the discord but here for you fine folks on this here forum.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I watched some of SOLIDFPS playing Heroics on his stream the other day and he was melting yellow bars so I think maybe more people just need to work on their builds

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ICR posted:

And this gets auto linked in the discord but here for you fine folks on this here forum.

The season has lore. That is awesome.

Nroof, I see your invite but can accept it. When someone cooler than me gets on we’ll get you in COINCELPRO.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Roman posted:

I watched some of SOLIDFPS playing Heroics on his stream the other day and he was melting yellow bars so I think maybe more people just need to work on their builds

Any idea what sort of build he's using?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So right now, people like me who never even approached maxing out our specializations are just screwed and have to play at a significant disadvantage due to having no way to get points to increase them? That.. kind of blows..

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

The Locator posted:

So right now, people like me who never even approached maxing out our specializations are just screwed and have to play at a significant disadvantage due to having no way to get points to increase them? That.. kind of blows..

I assume you can once you finish the NYC story and hit 40.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I assume you can once you finish the NYC story and hit 40.

Apparently not!

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

The Locator posted:

You should still be able to get points from completing the weekly invasion missions and the weekly priority network bounties. You'll be limited on how many you can earn a week, but it's better than nothing.

Squee
Jun 15, 2003
<3

ICR posted:

HI SQUEE!!

Yes, it should be. All their marketing and even Uplay has been saying until March 14th. Just hold off because that sounds like an error. They have been making plenty of errors.

Boo on them.

Hello my sun faced friend =)

That's weird tho, I'll check when I get home from work I guess and probs just go for it anyway. I liked the first one but never got around to playing this one.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Shoren posted:

You should still be able to get points from completing the weekly invasion missions and the weekly priority network bounties. You'll be limited on how many you can earn a week, but it's better than nothing.

wait what

Let me get this straight: if I hadn't gone to NYC as soon as I hit 30, I would have had a way to get spec points aside from weekly stuff? And now that I did go to NYC, that's the only way?

That's... Concerning.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
You don’t need spec points in anything or at all to beat the WoNY campaign on story, everyone calm the gently caress down

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

The Locator posted:

Bounties that give spec points still work, just tested it myself since I'm still leveling Fire Wall.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You don’t need spec points in anything or at all to beat the WoNY campaign on story, everyone calm the gently caress down

I mean after the NYC story. How do you get spec points then? And is it now harder/slower than before? I'm just new and trying to understand how it works.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I mean after the NYC story. How do you get spec points then? And is it now harder/slower than before? I'm just new and trying to understand how it works.

Same as it was before, so invaded stuff in dc

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Hammerstein posted:

Bounties that give spec points still work, just tested it myself since I'm still leveling Fire Wall.

Cool. I guess I misunderstood the issue that they needed to fix. I'll plod my way slowly through the story and then worry about the specialization stuff later.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Can someone explain to me this idea behind a god roll and how I know if I have a piece of gear with a god roll? Is this just some kind of thing that I need to keep a spreadsheet up on my second monitor to check all my gear to see if it sucks or not until I memorize min-max numbers of every stat?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The Locator posted:

Cool. I guess I misunderstood the issue that they needed to fix. I'll plod my way slowly through the story and then worry about the specialization stuff later.

The thing that’s bugged at the moment is you don’t get 3 spec point for levelling post-level 40.

As others pointed out, you can still get 25 a week from invaded missions, the stronghold and tidal basin.

Also bounties, not sure what the cap is on them, I only discovered bounties providing spec points last week!

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 4, 2020

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

explosivo posted:

Can someone explain to me this idea behind a god roll and how I know if I have a piece of gear with a god roll? Is this just some kind of thing that I need to keep a spreadsheet up on my second monitor to check all my gear to see if it sucks or not until I memorize min-max numbers of every stat?

It's basically the max roll for that stat on a type of gear (AR, mask, chest etc). You don't have to remember numbers at all. When you look at the item in your inventory it will show you how good the roll is. For example, in the clan vendor right now, there's NBC gloves that have the max weapon damage roll. You should definitely buy a pair and rip that out for your recalibration library.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

explosivo posted:

Nope, that’s why all the gear attributes have those bars now, so you can see how the roll you got compares to the max possible roll.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

explosivo posted:

Yeah, i'd probably just stop playing right now. This is all so concerning

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is the calibration library the same thing as the cube from Diablo 3?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Is Discord down, or do I have an issue locally?

When I launch I get the normal loading thing, and then when the Discord window opens I get:
code:
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to discord/app.
</Details>
</Error>
I get the same XML in a browser window if I try to launch it from the link in the OP.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

bamhand posted:

Is the calibration library the same thing as the cube from Diablo 3?

Pretty much, except it's for stats in addition to talents

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

TheTrend posted:

Yeah, i'd probably just stop playing right now. This is all so concerning

The bar under the talent is literally filled up to its level of godliness.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's basically the max roll for that stat on a type of gear (AR, mask, chest etc). You don't have to remember numbers at all. When you look at the item in your inventory it will show you how good the roll is. For example, in the clan vendor right now, there's NBC gloves that have the max weapon damage roll. You should definitely buy a pair and rip that out for your recalibration library.

So if I'm level 32 and I get a MMR with 10% MMR damage (which shows as the max bar) and I rip it to the library I assume it will be a lvl 32 attribute or w/e and won't scale to 40? In other words it's a perfect roll for lvl 32 but not the maximum roll. Just trying to figure out if it's worth ripping <40 items or no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Jose Oquendo posted:

For further clarification, when you have a max roll there will be a reddish-orange glow effect both under the quicklook stat icon and under the stat bar in the detailed view. The quicklook icon is what you see when scrolling through your inventory and shows which general stats a piece has (offensive, defensive, it utility) without showing what the stat specifically is.

Also note that for named gear pieces in non-chest or backpack slots they will have special attributes in yellow text that always roll at max. These can be stats that don't normally roll on gear (like the Contractor's Gloves which have armor damage) and cannot be stored in your library.

squirrelzipper posted:

So if I'm level 32 and I get a MMR with 10% MMR damage (which shows as the max bar) and I rip it to the library I assume it will be a lvl 32 attribute or w/e and won't scale to 40? In other words it's a perfect roll for lvl 32 but not the maximum roll. Just trying to figure out if it's worth ripping <40 items or no.

If you plan on recalibrating anything then it's worth it to rip them out. You're right that a max stat at level 32 will not be max at level 40 and you'll see the true max value when you extract a stat (as you hold the interact button you'll see a bar that shows the true max value. In your example, if you rip what appears to be a max roll of 10% MMR damage then in the process you'll see a bar showing 15% as the true max value.

Shoren fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 4, 2020