Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Laserface posted:

Today I learned that double tapping the sprint button is tactical sprint

I have been playing this game since November.

What the gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

I was mad because it -doesn't work- in the campaign, and I spent forever trying to 'fix' my controls.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Tactical sprint is a wonderful way to get to the area you'll get killed in instantly as quickly as possible. I non-ironically love it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Live At Five! posted:

Tactical sprint is a wonderful way to get to the area you'll get killed in instantly as quickly as possible. I non-ironically love it.

Tell that to all my First Blood medals. :smug:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Mister Facetious posted:

Tell that to all my First Blood medals. :smug:

First blood, second killed. I do the same my man.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
When I load in with a sniper rifle with thermal optic I can't fire the cannons when driving vehicles. Bug?

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

HC Shoot the Ship has a kill count increase for TDM, up to 100 from 75. Not sure if it's the same for core or not.

EDIT: Also, unless I'm wrong, it seems that XP tokens stack with the 1hr happy hour XP bonus you get from regiments. I was also going the XP bonus while playing alone tonight. I always thought you had to be playing with at least one other regiment member....?

it shriveled up fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Mar 4, 2020

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Same in Core. I had a 100-100 game last night

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Live At Five! posted:

Tac sprinting with a pistol owns in shoothouse, so I can make a break for it and get three easy kills flanking the snipers that mount up on the half-wall every time.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The new 5.54x39 rounds for the AK are really loving good lmao god drat. Looks like AK is back on the menu boys

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m officially done reading clickbait articles that claim to know when BR is releasing.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

veni veni veni posted:

I’m officially done reading clickbait articles that claim to know when BR is releasing.

Didn't you see? They actually stealth released it at 9:30 EST

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I just read it's not a br it's an operator dating sim

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Fart Car '97 posted:

The new 5.54x39 rounds for the AK are really loving good lmao god drat. Looks like AK is back on the menu boys

What attachments are you running?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Take the hint and remove headquarters from rotation fuckin hell

Like every time I start the game up and try to get into a lobby it comes up headquarters because everyone quits them frantically

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Tac sprinting with a knife+shield owns in shoothouse, so I can make a break for it and get three easy kills flanking the snipers that mount up on the half-wall every time.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Headquarters owns but gently caress playing it on shipment or rust

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They need to do something about rage quitting in every objective mode not just HQ. It’s become way too much of the norm.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
sword and board is for bitches.

i carry an AR with underslung tac grenade on my knife fit.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Utgardaloki posted:

sword and board is for bitches.

i carry an AR with underslung tac grenade on my knife fit.
If you use the AK you can equip a bayonet too!

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Crustashio posted:

What attachments are you running?

I was changing them up to fit the maps that were coming up, but still trying to stay within that 3hk range. The spetznas barrel, comp, commando, & skeleton stock were nice.

The short barrel/merc grip/comp/no stock is cool but you really gotta get in people's faces

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

wintrrmute posted:

Two questions for the sage and wizened gentleman of the thread - what is the best assault rifle? used to like the Scar in MW2, it’d be nice if it was good but doesn’t seem like it.

What is best gun overall for scrubs like me? MP5?

MP5, MP7, M4 are what you're looking for.

Questions:
1. What shotgun doesn't suck?
2. What attachments do I need to put on said shotgun to make it not suck?

I keep getting one-shotted from across the map on Shipment by shotguns but the rounds from mine seem to have an effective range of roughly 10 feet so obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr. Clark2 posted:

MP5, MP7, M4 are what you're looking k.

Questions:

I keep getting one-shotted from across the map on Shipment by shotguns but the rounds from mine seem to have an effective range of roughly 10 feet so obviously I'm doing something wrong.

The R9-0 kicks absurd amounts of rear end. It’s nice to have a choke on it but it rules fresh out the box.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you scope in your pellet spread magically tightens, and then they probably have range attachments.

vanisher
Jul 12, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Questions:

I was an MP5 and M4 scrub and then I found Grau and Striker. MP5 is still a beast though

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mr. Clark2 posted:

Questions:

They're all good in different ways.

First, all shotguns want to run the 5mW laser and stippled grip for better hipfire, ADS and sprint-out times.

The 870 is best with the second longest barrel (18") and no stock. Aim down sights just before firing and you'll get a very tight spread. ADSing with a shotgun cuts your spread in half.

The 725 is also run with no stock. Some people like running it with the competition barrel for the longest range possible, but the base range is so good that I actually prefer running it with the sawn-off for incredibly fast ADS times.

The R9-0 is a solid all-rounder with the ability to fire two rounds before pumping; it will usually kill people in 2-3 shots at decent ranges. Throw every range attachment you can onto it. Unfortunately, you can't remove the stock.

The Origin-12 is the gun you use on Shipment. Its base one-shot range is so microscopic that range attachments have no effect on it, so just throw drum mags, merc foregrip and no stock on, and then walk forward while furiously left-clicking.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

They need to do something about rage quitting in every objective mode not just HQ. It’s become way too much of the norm.

Lol good luck with that. What do you think this is, ranked Siege?

If you add abandonment penalties to a casual playlist the playerbase that posts to Reddit will lose their poo poo (moreso).

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Snazzy Frocks posted:

burst is stupid if it just fires at the same rate without burst. the only good burst is the FR 5.56 imo

This is especially true in Hardcore mode. Add one Damage+ upgrade and pretty much any trigger pull means a kill no matter where you hit them. Burst mode owns.

Only downside is when you think you're about to get gold but have 80+ "shortly after reloading" kills to get because you're suddenly going so long between reloads.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Insert name here posted:

If you use the AK you can equip a bayonet too!

!!!!!! i haven't finished unlocking my AK attachments yet, this is stellar news

bless you friend

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Lol good luck with that. What do you think this is, ranked Siege?

If you add abandonment penalties to a casual playlist the playerbase that posts to Reddit will lose their poo poo (moreso).

I don’t think actual penalties are the answer, but at the very least I don’t think people should be getting any sort of XP for quit games. It’s not gonna stop people from quitting but losing 20 minutes of progression might give people pause before rage quitting. For those of us who rage quit infrequently or have to leave mid match for some other reason it would be barely noticeable. For the teams that just drop en masse the second they begin to lose, it’ll start to sting pretty quick.

I just think they need to do something because there is like a 50% chance the whole team is just going to leave mid match at this point.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

because there is like a 50% chance the whole team is just going to leave mid match at this point.

lmao ok sure

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It only happens if your team actually wins a lot so I can see why your experience might be different

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I don't see mass quits often at all. My Winrate average over the last week is 1.55. What's yours?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m joking, but let me rephrase. Close to half of the time, if your team is doing well, most of the other team will quit early. I don’t think that’s an overestimation?

E: w/l is 1.4

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 4, 2020

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

I don't see mass quits often at all. My Winrate average over the last week is 1.55. What's yours?

Mines 8.25:1. I've seen teams drop, but it's maybe one in five matches, and usually against sweats that decide to find a greener pasture.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 4, 2020

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Confirmed, console players are quitters both in games and in life.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

My win ratio hangs between 2.3 to 2.5, and I'm usually playing HQ/HP/DOM/KC and don't see teams dropping en masse too often

perhaps I'm just getting luck in terms of match making

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

I’m joking, but let me rephrase. Close to half of the time, if your team is doing well, most of the other team will quit early. I don’t think that’s an overestimation?

E: w/l is 1.4
So what are you seeing that me with my whopping 0.15 better winrate average, isn't?

Mister Facetious posted:

Mines 8.25:1. I've seen teams drop, but it's maybe one in five matches, and usually against sweats that decide to find a greener pasture.

The guy with an 8:1 Winrate, which puts him in the top 130 players in the world, only sees mass quits every 5 games or so.

I don't think you see big quits 50% of the time, but OK.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I see large team drops (as in 3+ people leave) probably every 3-4 games on average, my winrate is about 1.5 atm, I play HQ/Dom HC pretty exclusively.

To be frank this happens on my team and opposing team about equally.

Pretty much every time I have 1-2 people drop from my team because we're losing, we get replacements, end up coming back and either winning or coming really close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:shrug:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 4, 2020