Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

To be clear I was not calling your winrate into question, I was pointing out that if anyone were to see quits 50% of the time if would be you, but you don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I’m joking, but let me rephrase. Close to half of the time, if your team is doing well, most of the other team will quit early. I don’t think that’s an overestimation?

E: w/l is 1.4

That’s a huge overestimation.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I'm only referring to mass quitting by teams, not individual players.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 4, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

So what are you seeing that me with my whopping 0.15 better winrate average, isn't?

I told you I was just loving around I have no idea how much you win and don’t care tbh. I’m just saying that from what I see is close to half the time a losing team quits early.

Also fwiw I played alone last week so it was pretty much up to the gods. If I play with goons we win probably 80% of the time because I play with people who are better than me lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

2.) I'm only referring too mass quitting by teams, not individual players.

Yeah. See, I’m including when 4 guys drop and you are stuck playing against 2 people for 5 straight minutes while the game tries to fill the team out and it’s boring as hell. If we are talking about the entire team dropping the number is much lower.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I also play solo.

The idea that 50% of the time 3-4 people quit out of a losing 6v6 game is just nuts and you have no numbers to prove it whatsoever, but I guess it was never really a discussion to begin with if you're just pulling numbers out of thin air :shrug:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

I also play solo.

The idea that 50% of the time 3-4 people quit out of a losing 6v6 game is just nuts and you have no numbers to prove it whatsoever, but I guess it was never really a discussion to begin with if you're just pulling numbers out of thin air :shrug:

Back when Javes was playing blops 2, this was literally every round.

* Constant sounds of Lodestar strikes *

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

lol the gooncrew I played with for blops 2 (I think it was 2? Whatever one had the insane SPAS) had like 95% win rate; we often ended up finishing the game against 1-3 people, it sucked. It was super fun to run into other stacks though, those were always super sweaty fun games.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The only people I see quit are the 1-2 guys that are carrying a team of absolute fuckups.

Hell, I've quit KC games because I have 13 confirms, and everyone else on my team has 2-3. I'm not going to stick around beating my dick with a hammer as I drag a bunch of morons over the finish line.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MF_James posted:

lol the gooncrew I played with for blops 2 (I think it was 2? Whatever one had the insane SPAS) had like 95% win rate; we often ended up finishing the game against 1-3 people, it sucked. It was super fun to run into other stacks though, those were always super sweaty fun games.

The 360 gooncrew on MW3 or whichever one had Clan Wars maintained like a 98% win rate for the year we played.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Beastie posted:

The only people I see quit are the 1-2 guys that are carrying a team of absolute fuckups.

Hell, I've quit KC games because I have 13 confirms, and everyone else on my team has 2-3. I'm not going to stick around beating my dick with a hammer as I drag a bunch of morons over the finish line.

Yeah, sometimes I figure “this is going to count as a loss either way, I may as well see if I can match make into a round that’ll actually be fun”

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fart Car '97 posted:

I also play solo.

You have the exact same amount of numbers to disprove it. Maybe I’ve just had worse luck than you?

Ive said I should have put a caveat on my original 50% claim.

E: and I said I normally never play solo so you totally missed the point there.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 4, 2020

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, sometimes I figure “this is going to count as a loss either way, I may as well see if I can match make into a round that’ll actually be fun”

Pretty much. No point wasting ~10 minutes getting stomped while your team fails to capture/kill/move. If it's more frustrating than fun, I stop playing.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I do it too sometimes. I don’t think it’s a failure of the players. it’s a failure on the game for not giving people a reason to stick around.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

i consider it a feature; it's player freedom of choice.

If you're not having fun you should be allowed to take your ball and go to another playground.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I suppose, but the end result is matches often being dull/uneven

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The sports analogy is kind of funny. can you even imagine one team just pouting and walking off a basketball court when they start losing? Even children don’t do that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The sports analogy is kind of funny. can you even imagine one team just pouting and walking off a basketball court when they start losing? Even children don’t do that.

Children very much do that. Teams don't because they have contractual obligations with owners, the league, advertisers, networks...

Your opinion is that if people have the misfortune to suck, then they should suck it up and take their deserved punishment, or receive a worse one.

I can't imagine why developers haven't implemented that as a method to retain players... :iiam:

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I love the R9, but only on shipment

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

jerman999 posted:

I love the R9, but only on shipment

Hell yes, a kindred soul :hfive:
Shoothouse isn't bad either, or the boiler room on the train yard map.

One of my favorites is holding upstairs above the kitchen on Petrograd in Dom.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

Children very much do that. Teams don't because they have contractual obligations with owners, the league, advertisers, networks...

Your opinion is that if people have the misfortune to suck, then they should suck it up and take their deserved punishment, or receive a worse one.

I can't imagine why developers haven't implemented that as a method to retain players... :iiam:

I didn’t say that. I don’t think people should be “punished” for quitting. I don’t think people should get progression for a round they didn’t see through though.

It’s not some e bushido thing about principles I just think it’s bad for a game to frequently have partially empty rounds.

Lol I don’t know what kids you played sports with but I’ve never in my life seen anyone just walk off in the middle of any sort of sports game.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

veni veni veni posted:

I didn’t say that. I don’t think people should be “punished” for quitting. I don’t think people should get progression for a round they didn’t see through though.

This is literally a punishment though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

It’s not some e bushido thing about principles I just think it’s bad for a game to frequently have partially empty rounds.

Lol I don’t know what kids you played sports with but I’ve never in my life seen anyone just walk off in the middle of any sort of sports game.

it won't matter if you zero out exp for the match they're in if they can join a new one in less than sixty seconds.

As for games I've seen kids quit:
Road hockey, basketball, house league soccer in grade school, Smash, Mario Kart, Street fighter, mortal Kombat, call of Duty, tag, freeze tag, magic the gathering, mageknight, chess...

Want me to go on?

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Mister Facetious posted:

it won't matter if you zero out exp for the match they're in if they can join a new one in less than sixty seconds.

As for games I've seen kids quit:
Road hockey, basketball, house league soccer in grade school, Smash, Mario Kart, Street fighter, mortal Kombat, call of Duty, tag, freeze tag, magic the gathering, mageknight, chess...

Want me to go on?

For real. Vontae Davis of the Buffalo Bills retired from the sport of football during halftime of a game, and LeGarrette Blount of the Pittsburgh Steelers walked off before the end of a Monday night game a few years back. Sometimes losing sucks and sometimes people just quit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Strobe posted:

This is literally a punishment though.

Not giving someone a reward for something they didn’t do isn’t punishment.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

ada shatan posted:

For real. Vontae Davis of the Buffalo Bills retired from the sport of football during halftime of a game, and LeGarrette Blount of the Pittsburgh Steelers walked off before the end of a Monday night game a few years back. Sometimes losing sucks and sometimes people just quit.

According to sb nation, pippen benched himself in a final they ultimately won, because he didn't appreciate the coach picking a younger up and comer to clinch it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

veni veni veni posted:

Not giving someone a reward for something they didn’t do isn’t punishment.

Time played is progression. Finishing games doesn't do anything to it. You totally do not understand how progression in this game works.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I do totally understand how it works and I’m saying it’s dumb. By rewarding people for quitting the same as if they had stuck it out results in a bunch of bad and half empty matches.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

veni veni veni posted:

I do totally understand how it works and I’m saying it’s dumb. By rewarding people for quitting the same as if they had stuck it out results in a bunch of bad and half empty matches.

So your solution, which is not a punishment, is to penalize players by removing something to discourage bad behavior? :thunk:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

You can quit and join a new game in a minute or less; it doesn't matter if players don't get exp for the match they just played, they'll get it for the next one anyway.

The only way you stop quitting is by making it more inconvenient than suffering the emotional drain of losing the match.
The only way you stop piracy is by making it more inconvenient than clicking "buy now".

At which point they quit out anyway, and play something else until the penalty is gone, lowering the overall playerbase.

Good job.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
if we're talking about removing my ability to solo queue for a final match at the end of the night to clear up the last kill/action of a challenge then immediately backing out once I've done that then I Have Opinions

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
I actually like it when a team of 4 quits and its just me and another player. If we are getting stomped I at least get a ton of kills to end the map and salvage some xp or kills towards a camo. Usually we are losing that bad because that team of players didnt play the objective at all and also sucked at camping.

On the other hand, its pretty boring if the opposing team quits, but there are worse ways to spend a few minutes.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I wonder why console has so many more quitters than on PC. Is it because children play consoles?

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
it's great how we can make a playlist for our preferred gametypes but not for maps, when most maps here are objectively lovely but the gamemodes are okay

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

VulgarandStupid posted:

I wonder why console has so many more quitters than on PC. Is it because children play consoles?

Most likely. Parents arent gonna drop $1000 for a decent rig when they can drop $300 on an xbox and another 2 or 300 on a tv.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Utgardaloki posted:

most maps here are objectively lovely

:wrong:

if you play core 6v6 playlists the only objectively bad map is rust. arklov is close. shipment at least serves a purpose.

i would say that arklov and shipment are on the bottom of my list for opposite ends of the same reason (map size)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you play core 6v6 playlists the only objectively bad map is Picadilly. arklov is close. shipment is loving awesome.

:q:

VulgarandStupid posted:

Because console owners understand that they're playing games.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 5, 2020

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Rust is just Piccadilly during a dust storm.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

VulgarandStupid posted:

lmao at thinking that literal children are somehow worse than figurative children, aka pc gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

if you play core 6v6 playlists the only objectively bad map is rust. arklov is close. shipment at least serves a purpose.

i would say that arklov and shipment are on the bottom of my list for opposite ends of the same reason (map size)

lmao what the hell

i mean yeah arklov is real bad but shipment is a work of art, maybe the best multi map in CoD history.

almost every 6v6 map otherwise should be in the 10v10 list, and the actual 10v10 map, the palace (the only one i ever get to play, because it rolls constantly) should be a circle of hell unto itself.