Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Weedle
May 31, 2006

its like $20 i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
I appreciate the replies. I won't write VR off entirely, then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ghost of Tsushima finally has a release date of June 26, 2020 after being in development since after Infamous Second Light came out. Excited for this game, really hope its not bad.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Welp my eu4 campaign has stalled out, as it always does, because now the next 5-10 hours are going to be pure busy work.

I'm going for an achievement that's basically "conquer all of India as Sri Lanka and convert it to buddhist", and after a hectic early game I've successfully broken my biggest rival's back and balkanized them, so all that's left is to mop up the remaining nations... which means lots of waiting. Future wars are going to be increasingly one-sided, so, like, I'm gonna get bored before getting that sweet cheevo

This always happens

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Welp my eu4 campaign has stalled out, as it always does, because now the next 5-10 hours are going to be pure busy work.

I'm going for an achievement that's basically "conquer all of India as Sri Lanka and convert it to buddhist", and after a hectic early game I've successfully broken my biggest rival's back and balkanized them, so all that's left is to mop up the remaining nations... which means lots of waiting. Future wars are going to be increasingly one-sided, so, like, I'm gonna get bored before getting that sweet cheevo

This always happens

ive been doing chievies with a smaller focus to avoid this. like doing the dith one and the mewar ones which only require moderate expansion to complete.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
one of the true secrets to enjoying 4x/grand strategy is to just quit once you've won and the campaign is boring cleanup but the cheevs subvert that

i'd say if there's no chance you'll fail just use the unlocker to give yourself the cheev and move on

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

HoboTech posted:

Hey I'm just going to flop into this thread like a wet sack of potatoes to ask the question:

What's everyone's opinion on VR in PC gaming?

niche gimmick for tech junkies that will probably stay a niche gimmick for at least a as long as it requires more money, space, and accommodations than hooking a game console up to a tv and using a controller

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

one of the true secrets to enjoying 4x/grand strategy is to just quit once you've won and the campaign is boring cleanup but the cheevs subvert that

i'd say if there's no chance you'll fail just use the unlocker to give yourself the cheev and move on

I love Civ 4 and 5 but if you conquer one or two civs early you're an unstoppable juggernaut since it gives you a whole continent or two to yourself

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the oculus quest would be cool if it wasn't facebook bull poo poo !!!!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i got the platinum for nier automata a couple days ago, without buying any :smugdog:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Looper posted:

i got the platinum for nier automata a couple days ago, without buying any :smugdog:

so you looked up 2B's dress at some point

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Looper posted:

But why would you subject yourself to the grindy ones?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

niche gimmick for tech junkies that will probably stay a niche gimmick for at least a as long as it requires more money, space, and accommodations than hooking a game console up to a tv and using a controller

so what youre saying is psvr is for the players

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I love Civ 4 and 5 but if you conquer one or two civs early you're an unstoppable juggernaut since it gives you a whole continent or two to yourself

fired up a game of civ 6 a while ago to find that i spawned two hexes away from the us, whom i promptly declared war on and annihilated. the pendulum swingeth

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
It always rains on setup day...
Wrapping my desktop up in a tarp like it's a Christmas present

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
related i haven't played stellaris since, i think, the apocalypse expansion but i was looking at some of the upcoming stuff and the new origins choices for your species seem pretty rad

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Whoever designed these Chapter 9 sections in Celeste was one twisted bastard blatantly devoid of all morals and goodwill, they have my respect.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
VR gaming is mostly good for being horny in VRChat

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

VR gaming is mostly good for being horny in Tetris Effect

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1235597254913753088?s=19

You can't do this to me this spring/summer is already way too stacked with games I want, my poor wallet.

Raise your paw if you're one of the suckers paying $170.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The $170 edition looks bad to be honest.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
buy the cool mask on ebay for like $12 a few months later

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

buy the vaguely mask-shaped blob mess on ebay for like $12 a few months later

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’d wait to see more actual gameplay first before spending $170

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/iam8bit/status/1235686367264301056

So E3 is still going on at the moment but now there's nobody actually in charge of putting things together for the show.

E3 is both alive and dead at the same time.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

you’re genuinely unhinged if you’re spending $170 on that game or basically any special edition. you either have an unboxing channel or just like wasting money

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Viewtiful Jew posted:

So E3 is still going on at the moment but now there's nobody actually in charge of putting things together for the show.

I’ll do it

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
rip e3

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

hatty posted:

I’ll do it

We regret to inform you that they have already doxxed you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I say I don't like E3, but then the other day I was remembering the time Sony did a preference conference in like 2015, where the crowd was genuine and excited, to the point where they wouldn't let the speaker actually talk. The hype was real because Sony announced some legit amazing looking games. Haven't really had a E3 like that since.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ZombiE3

Cowcaster posted:

Yeah, it's occupying a space sort of aligned to things like HOTAS, fight sticks, ultrawide 144hz monitors, etc. Yes, it's a unique and in many ways better experience compared to a basic setup. But it's also one with significant demands on your money, real estate, and proportion of your headspace you feel comfortable dedicating to gaming.

I still use my PSVR every so often (most recently to try to check out the latest NMS update) but only ever sitting down because I'm afraid I'll accidentally Beat Saber a cat or something

haveblue fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 5, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What's the cause here: coronavirus? incompetence? incompetence exacerbated by coronavirus?

...coronavirus exacerbated by incompetence???

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ask yourself, is this room a living room or a gaming room

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DC Murderverse posted:

What's the cause here: coronavirus? incompetence? incompetence exacerbated by coronavirus?

...coronavirus exacerbated by incompetence???

100% coronavirus. Expos and conferences are getting canceled left and right in every major industry, especially tech.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

Ask yourself, is this room a living room or a gaming room

depends on whether you live to game, or game to live

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

I said come in! posted:

I say I don't like E3, but then the other day I was remembering the time Sony did a preference conference in like 2015, where the crowd was genuine and excited, to the point where they wouldn't let the speaker actually talk. The hype was real because Sony announced some legit amazing looking games. Haven't really had a E3 like that since.

I also think a big thing about E3 of yesteryear is that the industry held off on so many announcements and demos to reveal them at E3. With the current age of social media and corporate YouTube channels these big announcements can be slowly dripfed/teased over a longer period of time. My guess is this is probably better for the games, but it's been sad to see how E3 has gone from an event I anticipate for months ahead of time to one that looks like it's a couple rungs above a high budget county fair.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna speedrun INFOCOM games

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Hm, I started Indivisible and was really charmed by its visual style initially. Three hours in and I'm surprised how a game that looks so professional could have such a terrible storytelling and awful writing and dialogues. Too early to judge its level-design or combat system but I assume they won't proof themselves either. Expected more, honestly. Shame, the game looks really nice and the mythical-Indian setting is great.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what is ghosts of tsushima anyway i looked up the devs and all they’ve done is sly cooper and infamous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i saw a gameplay trailer years ago and now i couldn't tell you what it entailed because all that pops into my head when i think of stuff like that is nioh and sekiro (in addition to onimusha which has been in that headspace for years)