Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Amnesia Rebirth coming out this autumn.

https://twitter.com/frictionalgames/status/1235913505812946945?s=19

https://store.steampowered.com/app/999220/Amnesia_Rebirth/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Does it count as whitewashing if the people who made the game were actually Japanese, or is this triple-reverse-racism

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Does it count as whitewashing if the people who made the game were actually Japanese, or is this triple-reverse-racism

Nioh 1? The protagonist is based on an actual person.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think I died 60 something times in Nioh then another 30-40 finishing off the platinum

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

well he's no longer english, so instead of whitewashing i say it's more of an irish spring

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Never discuss race on SA

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve never died in Nioh

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

I think I died 60 something times in Nioh then another 30-40 finishing off the platinum

i'd have to reinstall the game to check so that's probably never going to happen but i know the boss that i died the most on was definitely the bonus match against both the ninjas simultaneously

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

precision posted:

Never discuss race on SA

The Quarians are garbage.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Very excited for this. There is a dearth of pure horror games and Frictional is the best of the best.

Was there any buzz that this was coming? Or just a total announcement out of nowhere?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

The Quarians are garbage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think maybe i phrased my original post poorly and i'm getting misunderstood, i didn't mean to imply there was some weird racial component to the character having to be white, i'm saying you could have made william in nioh a black lady from cleveland ohio for all the "actual historical person" factored into their character was worth

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I look forward to playing Nioh 2 as the designer of Final Fantasy 14

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wasn't expecting a diatribe against historical fiction in here but I guess everyone's gotta have something they hate

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

PantsBandit posted:

Very excited for this. There is a dearth of pure horror games and Frictional is the best of the best.

Was there any buzz that this was coming? Or just a total announcement out of nowhere?

Some people noticed funky stuff happening on their website last week. A few amnesia related pages updating and placeholder links being put up. Other than that, completely out of the blue.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

I said come in! posted:

Nioh 1? The protagonist is based on an actual person.

Sure but in the same sense that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is based on an actual person.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That movie was great

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Propaganda Hour posted:

Some people noticed funky stuff happening on their website last week. A few amnesia related pages updating and placeholder links being put up. Other than that, completely out of the blue.

There was some kind of ARG happening that turned up mysterious video clips but I guess it never escaped the Frictional community.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That movie was great
It sure was!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I thought it was generally regarded as really bad? So this is surprising to me

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its one of my favorite superhero movies

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chev posted:

Sure but in the same sense that Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is based on an actual person.

So what you're telling me is that the Hitler in Inglorious Basterds wasn't actually based on Hitler just because different events happened

Bit of a nitpick, innit?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

And a broken fingernail is one of my favourite injuries

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's the best depiction of the role vampirism played in the american civil war, bar none.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Inglourious Basterds was a documentary, we're just living in the wrong timeline

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Jay Rust posted:

I thought it was generally regarded as really bad? So this is surprising to me

It's a movie that I wouldnt' call great but it's also one of those movies where I get the feeling most people talking poo poo about it just thought it looked dumb and never saw it (though it is pretty dumb)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It is a movie that depicts correctly depicts slaveowners as literal vampires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j3ipqMOu8w&t=101s

Abraham Lincoln also channels qi force or some poo poo and Mary Todd kills vampires by firing silverware out of a blunderbuss

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

drat i'm just going to stop trying to make jokes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

its been a long time since i watched it but i remember it being good cuz it didnt actively try to be funny, it just played the concept straight and let the comedy largely come from the absurdity of what was happening. But i was in high school at the time so maybe im wrong

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Taking itself seriously would be the bad way to go about it imo, not that I’ve seen it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah it has the same earnestness about its premise the way the Fast and Furious movies do which is what I think makes it work

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

precision posted:

So what you're telling me is that the Hitler in Inglorious Basterds wasn't actually based on Hitler just because different events happened

Bit of a nitpick, innit?
What I'm saying is it's more of a Wolfenstein 3D mecha-Hitler-with-flying-clones-and-a-zombie-army situation than an Inglourious Basterds Hitler-died-in-a-different-place situation.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Phantasium posted:

drat i'm just going to stop trying to make jokes

I've heard ventriloquism is a popular hobby

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Someone should make a John Brown video game.

John Brown's Mecha Body.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it was either that or the frankenstein one that was worked on by definite sex pest and possible rapist max landis

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cowcaster posted:

it was either that or the frankenstein one that was worked on by definite sex pest and possible rapist max landis

I, Frankenstein was super boring

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

not that one, this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victor_Frankenstein_(film)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Daniel Radcliffe was good in that

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

https://twitter.com/david_is_neato/status/1235920389663948800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What am I looking at