Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Follow up a blown 17 point lead by mounting an 18 point comeback. Without your starting point guard. With your best player fouling out with 10 minutes left. Might be the most improbable win since the LSU comeback in the early 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Rutgers is going to the NCAA Tournament.

Yeah, I said it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purdue off the bubble because they let a Rutgers team who can't shoot for poo poo hit a thousand 3 pointers. They could have won in regulation, but missed a free throw because they're Purdue and that's all Purdue does.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Congratulations Rutgers fans - you're going dancing this year!

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Rutgers is making the NCAA tournament for the first time in 29 years, holy gently caress.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Kirios posted:

Congratulations Rutgers fans - you're going dancing this year!

Hope they start with a home game.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

News: I am astounded that this UVA team managed a 2 seed in the ACC Tourney

Views: https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1236389036970979330?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Well poo poo

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Coco13 posted:

How in the hell did Wisconsin with the Big 10.

lucked out with a down year for conference powerhouse northwestern

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
I hope Archie Miller never leaves Indiana lmao

Purdue Rutgers was some infuriating poo poo today; oh well - they would've been one and done anyway had they somehow qualified for the tournament

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Ungratek posted:

News: I am astounded that this UVA team managed a 2 seed in the ACC Tourney

Views: https://twitter.com/TheHoosierNet/status/1236389036970979330?s=20

Genuinely staggering salvage job. Bennett really is a remarkable coach.

This is the first year ever without an NC team in the top three seeds. I think first year ever without Duke or UNC on at least one of those seed lines. Also first 1 seed for Florida State, Leonard Hamilton really deserves a lot more credit for the program he’s built there.

NC State fluked into 5th but given their profile I think they need to make the final to feel at all safe for a bid.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao northwestern annihilated a nationally ranked penn state team for their first non-hoiberg big ten win

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Think San Diego State still gets that 1 seed? I'd put Dayton over them at this point.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Tough to say who gets the 4th spot. I'd say Kansas, Gonzaga and Dayton are locks for a 1 seed. Baylor has completely poo poo the bed the past couple weeks. I could see SDSU, maybe Florida St or Kentucky getting that last spot?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao northwestern fans were unable to successfully storm the court
https://twitter.com/SpartyOn70/status/1236456536697954305?s=20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

Think San Diego State still gets that 1 seed? I'd put Dayton over them at this point.

Depends on what Baylor, Duke, and MSU do in their conference tournaments but I would be really surprised if they put three mid majors on the one line.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

Or do they get punished and knocked down to 3?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

dirty shrimp money posted:

lol no you weirdo

There's gonna be three mid majors in the top eight and probably two in the top four, and they've all been ranked high for pretty much the entire year, this is not the season for your goofy persecution complex

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 8, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

We'll be a 2 at the worst

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao northwestern annihilated a nationally ranked penn state team for their first non-hoiberg big ten win

Part of it was Watkins being suspended, but Pat Chambers is not a good coach, and they are going to fall off hard next year when their seniors are gone.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky is not getting a 1 seed. Maybe if they had not poo poo the bed against Tennessee and made the SEC finals, and Florida St and Baylor lost in their tournaments early, but I think that ship has sailed. Even then it was probably a long shot, that Evansville loss just drags them down too much.

Whatever seed they get, just don't put them in Kansas's bracket. That's all I ask.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
My first and only memory of pat chambers is going to a basketball game right after joepa died.

He wore his pants the same way or some dumb poo poo to pay homage.

No he did not poo poo in them.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
To my knowledge

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
2-0 against UNC including one of the best games ever I’ve seen. Duke’s gonna bounced in the tourney early but who cares season’s already a success especially because I get to look forward to finding out whether or not UNC accepts their invitation to the CBI

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

while St Louis is a good place for Dayton to go (loads of alumni here because there's two Marianist high schools and it, along with Miami of Ohio, is regarded as "a good school that's close enough but far enough away to say you went out of town" by HS counselors), it doesn't have a 1-16 seed line and that's a shame. mostly because I want to see Obi Toppin.

however, Cleveland has a 1-16 line, which may be even better. (rumors are per Palm STL will get the Illini and Kentucky plus an old friend in Creighton, who used to pack the Kiel back when they were in the MVC.)

the other home games this year: Gonzaga will get to stay home (they don't play many games at Spokane VMC, which is where the NCAA always goes), Duke to Greensboro, Florida St to Tampa, and Kansas goes up 29 Highway to Omaha.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 8, 2020

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Back to Back MVC Champions.

3 years ago after their Freshman season I knew this crew was going to be good. They all started together all 4 years.

Unbelievable. It's fantastic.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Athanatos posted:

Back to Back MVC Champions.

3 years ago after their Freshman season I knew this crew was going to be good. They all started together all 4 years.

Unbelievable. It's fantastic.

Farmington Road gon' be lit

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Part of it was Watkins being suspended, but Pat Chambers is not a good coach, and they are going to fall off hard next year when their seniors are gone.

yeah. the way this team is finishing the season is disgraceful to watch. looks to be a quit exit in the B1G and ncaa tourneys coming. though they will probablt still be a NIT caliber team next year. getting to the tourney this year was the worst thing possible because it will buy Pat like 5 more years

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech has spent the last 4 games either crapping all over ourselves vs UT in Lubbock or OU in OKC, or playing incredibly close, competitive games vs Baylor and Kansas.

And our 1st round Big XII game vs UT sure is feeling like an NCAA tournament play-in game at this point. If Tech doesn't make it, they do have the makings of an NIT champion...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I actually bothered to listen to a radio broadcast of a game for once today instead of immediately tuning away and I got to listen to a nail-biting ending that ended up being NC State women winning the ACC tourney for the first time since 1991, so that was pretty cool. Go Wolfpack.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Probably Magic posted:

I actually bothered to listen to a radio broadcast of a game for once today instead of immediately tuning away and I got to listen to a nail-biting ending that ended up being NC State women winning the ACC tourney for the first time since 1991, so that was pretty cool. Go Wolfpack.

This is actually a pretty huge deal, Wes Moore has done god-tier work to revive the program. And it's not like it's just the women who have a long gap. Men's bball hasn't won a conference title since 1987, the football team hasn't won one since 1979. Baseball was the last revenue sport to take one, and that was 1992. (They're also the only other one with a chance of winning it any time soon.)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
loving of course we get Ohio State in the first round of the B1G tournament

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/IvyLeague/status/1237398157526474752

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/umhoops/status/1237427278633734147?s=19

Nobody wants to be first!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I want a broadcast of nothing but court audio

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I want a broadcast of nothing but court audio

Being able to hear nothing but whatever poo poo talking goes on would be beautiful I have to admit.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

The Athletic did a great piece a day or two ago about the '88 or '89 measles outbreak at I think Siena? that got campus quarantined, a basketball player spread it to another school, a conference tournament game had to be played in an empty stadium.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Didnt they have to play an MLB game a couple years ago with no fans because of the riots in Baltimore?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

a neat cape posted:

Didnt they have to play an MLB game a couple years ago with no fans because of the riots in Baltimore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vazNSRoITIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

THAT WAS FIVE YEARS AGO?