Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Hopper posted:

"Ask me again in 10-14 days"...

Ooh that reminds me. This is the week we find out how much the virus spread at PAX East in Boston last weekend.

Any predictions? I bet a few dozen attendees got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Hopper posted:

Just spent a nice long weekend in London.
Streets and Tube are emptier than usual, theaters, too. Street food markets still draw good crowds though.

Flying back home now..., if somebody asks whether I brought a souvenir, my answer will be "Ask me again in 10-14 days"...

Oh yeah, last night we went to Dalston (a hip East London neighborhood) and it was like a ghost town (my friend lived here for 14 years also noticed that). Even on Sundays it was usually bustling with activity (lots of local restaurants and nigh-life spots) and yesterday it was almost empty.

I went to Shoreditch on Saturday but it was, as usual, packed with million people and I was in a club pretty crowded club so idk.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

it's never too late to learn new skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KzV_8mVgwc
you can use regular all purpose flour in a pinch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx7sxWI9FNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSbXHusX16g
https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/french-style-country-bread-recipe

i mean what the hell else are you gonna do for 2+ weeks in quarantine

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Mar 9, 2020

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I can use the carcass of a single whole chicken to prep delicious chicken and veg stock, shred the leftovers and cook it with Uncle Ben's (Mexican, usually). It's pretty delish and easy to make while working from home.

My real concern (besides the virus) is, I work as a consultant and if my clients start to :supaburn: about the whole thing and cancel on-site work days it'll really create some money related problems but I think they'd be okay with home-office unless things are literally on fire.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

ymgve fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Mar 9, 2020

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I talked to this researcher once whose team had developed a very efficient treatment for a slew of common pet allergies. Basically a cure. Nice, right? But they're utterly unable to get funding, because the current allergy medicine industry is ridiculously profitable. There's no incentive for pharma to cure people.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Those things are ridiculously large and gently caress up my data plan, thanks everyone

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

unpacked robinhood posted:

Those things are ridiculously large and gently caress up my data plan, thanks everyone

it's only one fourth of a megabyte, calm down boomer

got a point about image width tho, timg'd it

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The only reason I am posting this one is that it fits so drat perfectly

Raged fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 9, 2020

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Ralph Crammed In posted:

We are in a Dutch hot zone

I am not in Brabant but since the Netherlands is basically a single zone, I am not officially in the hot zone but de facto in the hot zone. The good news for you guys is that you're getting measures already, my area might be 2 or 3 days behind you but I doubt it's more than that and everything here is business as usual still.

How's the toilet paper doing?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Raged posted:

The only reason I am posting this one is that it fits so drat perfectly

:lmao: unable to deal with basic text encoding in 2020

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
You might not be reading those things, but if you scroll through another 40 or so, you'll eventually memorize how to wash your hands properly.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I took my wife to the movies yesterday, a few minutes before it started I got an e-mail stating the coronavirus has finally hit Connecticut and literally at the same time three women in masks came in and sat down right near us in an otherwise empty theater. My wife had an uncharacteristic sneezing fit later that night. RIP us I guess!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I was trying to make a fart joke.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 9, 2020

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
That's getting worse than the twitter woke handclap

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

You didn't even go for Breathe?

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
My wife got a text yesterday night from an old friend who she hadn't heard from in a long time to tell her to sell her stock asp.
He works at a very high level banking company, but had never talked about finance before.
Unfortunately, her pension saving package is blocked until the middle of the month, I don't know how bad it's gonna be.
Her college also had lunch with somebody who tested positive, so maybe working from home from now on.

I went to work today, even though I have the option to work from home. College came in, gave the typical french 'bisous' to a couple friends. Then she turned out to be super sick, crashed on the couch next to my desk with a roll of toilet paper to blow her nose in every 10 minutes.

Anyway:

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

lofi posted:

You didn't even go for Breathe?

Did breathe have a first person pov music video though?

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
Jesus christ I went into work this morning and we now have 29 THOUSAND tickets in our support queue.

When I left on Friday we had 17k. That's an influx of 10 thousand tickets on basically 2 days. Fuckin wild. Normally that queue is around 1k. And a reminder that the context of this is at a support site for Airbnb. We're doing our best though! :phoneb: :phone: :f5:

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP
I think that's the best and most accurate emoji placement I've ever done in a poast

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Princeton University is telling students to not come back after spring break and that their classes will be done remotely after the break ends

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Floodixor posted:

Jesus christ I went into work this morning and we now have 29 THOUSAND tickets in our support queue.

When I left on Friday we had 17k. That's an influx of 10 thousand tickets on basically 2 days. Fuckin wild. Normally that queue is around 1k. And a reminder that the context of this is at a support site for Airbnb. We're doing our best though! :phoneb: :phone: :f5:

Just set up an auto-reply system that responds to every ticket with "RIP"

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Floodixor posted:

Virus created jobs best economy ever

Cadence Shmadence
Jan 17, 2020

by Reene
I'm just sayin'

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
I goto the movies 3-4 times a month depending on what's out, which is doable since NYC has a bunch of limited releases.

I thought about going to bloodshot since it's the only thing out this month but the idea of catching a virus cuz of a bad vin disel movie being in my obituary is more possible shame then I can bear

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

zer0spunk posted:

I goto the movies 3-4 times a month depending on what's out, which is doable since NYC has a bunch of limited releases.

I thought about going to bloodshot since it's the only thing out this month but the idea of catching a virus cuz of a bad vin disel movie being in my obituary is more possible shame then I can bear

Here lies zer0spunk, in a better place now.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Sneak Lemming posted:

You might not be reading those things, but if you scroll through another 40 or so, you'll eventually memorize how to wash your hands properly.

People still don't get that the masks are for preventing people who are already sick from spreading their germs, what makes you think they'll eventually learn how to wash their hands?

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

lofi posted:

Here lies zer0spunk, in a better place now.

Yaldabaoth posted:

People still don't get that the masks are for preventing people who are already sick from spreading their germs, what makes you think they'll eventually learn how to wash their hands?

2030, America: A red sun slowly peaks over the crest of a burned-out horizon. Dust clouds kick and sway in the rotten air, slowly followed by the thunder of engines.. It's the WASH squad and they are here to make sure YOU WASH YOUR FUCKIN' HANDS, or it's the cages with you and your family.

zer0spunk fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 9, 2020

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Cut dramatic pause and make it:

Like tears
In the rain
Time to die

And I’ll share

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

AKA Pseudonym posted:

It's kind of weird that we've all decided that toilet paper is the thing we're going to panic buy. I'm sure it demonstrates one economic principle or another.

It started in Hong Kong. If you think about HK and how they get most of their general goods from mainland China and are a very densely populated city, bulky stuff like TP is probably what they'd have the least stock/person of. So if everyone in Hong Kong is worried about maybe having to be quarantined and goes out to buy basic supplies, TP runs out first. After some stores run out people start panic buying all the TP.

Then as coronavirus hits more countries everyone has seen news stories about Hong Kong having armed toilet paper robberies, so they do the same.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

unpacked robinhood posted:

COVID-19: Fatality rate increases for seniors 56+ years old [56k no]

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

i am harry posted:

Cut dramatic pause and make it:

Like tears
In the rain
Time to die

And I’ll share

Yes, master.

https://i.imgur.com/rZYuhUH.jpg

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Self sterilizing face scratcher, original idea, do not steal.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Horizon Burning posted:

okay goons, you can stop posting songs now

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Klyith posted:

Then as coronavirus hits more countries everyone has seen news stories about Hong Kong having armed toilet paper robberies, so they do the same.

Also because they know everyone else is going to panic buy, so you gotta get some to be ready for the shortage. Tragedy of the commodes.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Please stop the stupid song posts.

I have a friend who works in nursing who is absolutely determined to say it isn't as bad as the flu and overblown. Currently on holiday in a place with no cases with them because they'd bought their tickets and refused to cancel, so I'd be a dick if I backed out.

Looking forward to catching the roni passing through airports and dying when I get back.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Have you heard that people have started panic buying delicious ice cold Coca-Cola (tm)? I am heading to my local store right now to buy several packs of delicious ice cold Coca-Cola (tm) right now, before there's a shortage of delicious ice cold Coca-Cola (tm)

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Nows a great time to shoplift and get away with it. So many distractions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

lofi posted:

Also because they know everyone else is going to panic buy, so you gotta get some to be ready for the shortage. Tragedy of the commodes.