Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What a weird turn of phrase turn of phrase to get upset about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

Is that a thing people talk about?

I talk about bowsette every day

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

As a straight dude who tries to be woke I feel that making companions always thirsty for the player character regardless of gender is reductive to the human experience, but also representation is important, so I don’t know

I'm 185 hours into Kingmaker rn and there are supposedly several romance options available. To the game's credit, I don't know if it's because my PC is a woman, if it's because she's a semi-evil inquisitor, or if I'm just not being a creep to them but basically nobody has started a romance with me. There are two characters who are in some nebulous relationship and they've both flirted with me but it doesn't go anywhere to worry about. Valerie is this tower-shield carrying tank warrior who loving hates it when people make a big deal about her beauty. There have been uncomfortable dialogue options before to be like "hurr hurr but did u know actually u r SO PRETTY" and poo poo like that, but it always came after these convos about how disrespected she felt because that's all people ever focused on. Her whole character and arc basically revolves around this, and yet, it seems that was their idea of how to start the romance. I never picked any of that poo poo to say, so there's no relationship triggered there either.

There is an evil tiefling who offers to have sex with your PC pretty casually, but I have since learned ever doing that locks you out of a relationship with her/her. I ain't buggin', I didn't know the game had relationships at all until seeing it in some comment chain. Plus, realistically seems like the Queen would be too busy for a relationship anyway.

In the Varnhold DLC, there wasn't time for any romance options, but you there is a quest dude you talk to and if you're the type of person to exhaust dialogue options with an NPC, one of them takes you straight to some fade-to-black property-damaging gay sex. Some pretty casual progressive action for russian devs!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I spent my "entire weekend" playing video games.

*Neil deGrasse Tyson slides into thread to well actually*

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Baller Time posted:

Vegeta is a good character, though

See also every other major character. Almost every single party member was an antagonist or rival at one point.

I think the only major Z era villain who never had any sort of friendship with Goku was Cell?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Upset? No I want to talk about how horny I am to be consumed by Cell's tail maw

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Look, we all want to be devoured by cell's slimy appendages but u don't have to make it some pervert's thing

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Romances are good when its just you and your pal on a big adventure and you go through all sorts of wacky situations. It's bad when you have a whole party of elf maidens to choose who you like most.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What is an example of a "fetish episode"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The episode of Futurama where Leela and Amy become big and buff and force themselves onto Fry (not fake.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe he has only ever seen totally spies and thought that that was what every cartoon was like

SeXReX posted:

It's nearly as big of a staple as lifting your entire plot directly from the Bible

What games lift their entire plot from the bible? I know a lot of games lift names and elements from the bible and religion at large but I can't think of any off the top of my head that actually adapt the bible, only certain ideas and characters.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Jesus Christ, Denton"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Super Noah's Ark

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Shepard is literally space Jesus Christ

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Doom

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
The Binding of Isaac

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

El Shaddai

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe he has only ever seen totally spies and thought that that was what every cartoon was like

What games lift their entire plot from the bible? I know a lot of games lift names and elements from the bible and religion at large but I can't think of any off the top of my head that actually adapt the bible, only certain ideas and characters.

simpsons hit and run

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What would a game that even adapted the entire bible be like? Some of it seems straightforward, bible starts off with some SimEarth poo poo, got Animal Crossing Eden for a little while, there are some clear third person action segments, some areas with light puzzle solving, walking simulator sections, zoo tycoon for that ark saga, Saul's chock full of cool demon summoning and magic and other DnD stuff, Age of Mythology/Empires here and there, some room for Ultima RPG action... but there's also a ton of poo poo in the Bible that would be much harder to include.

A lot of bible books about just rules for old times jewish people, lists of dead people, creepy incest, people trying to spoil and leak future books' events, god delivering on vague threats to his own chosen people, and people talking about how hard it was to build this or that, or how pissed god was that they built/did that or this. There's a couple books that are just horny notes this dude wrote for someone he was crushing on. There's another story I remember where God is really pissed about cum and people putting cum on the ground and demanding they put cum in their dead brothers wife or whatever. Other stuff seems clear it could work in a videogame, but then it's unclear what your actual role would be mechanically.

God sending bears to attack and kill a bunch of petulant children is something we can all see in a videogame in our minds, but are we the bears? Are we the kid, the old man, God zirself?!

The Gospels would be interesting since a lot of it is just reposts with one version being written by some rear end in a top hat who's OC self-insert essentially replaces Jesus and rewrites and co-opts the entire religion for the rest of history lol.

An actual, start-to-finish Bible game would be an incredible project, you'd have to be making like 100 different games into one.

Best Videogame Noah of All Time

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 10, 2020

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

stev posted:

See also every other major character. Almost every single party member was an antagonist or rival at one point.

I think the only major Z era villain who never had any sort of friendship with Goku was Cell?

honestly it'd be faster to name the dragon ball characters who don't fight with goku at some point. i think you've got uh, turtle. and trunks

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I've only ever heard of Fetish Episodes being a thing when people go 'hey remember that totally spies cartoon? That was weird and also totally a fetish thing gone out of control.'

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I was wondering where the freeze blast upgrade in Arkham Knight was and why I couldn't find it until I looked it up and it was just sitting there on a table in an area that you pass by and nothing ever really points it out unless you just happen to use Detective Mode. I'm pretty much at the endgame now, just doing all the Riddler stuff so I can have that smug gently caress thrown into the lockup before moving on.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah having a couple of the gadgets just being completely optional was weird.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It's also weird that sliding is such a non-thing aside from like one trophy that I was under the impression it didn't exist until that point compared to the few times you had to in City.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Looper posted:

honestly it'd be faster to name the dragon ball characters who don't fight with goku at some point. i think you've got uh, turtle. and trunks

Trunks briefly fights with Goku when first introduced just to establish that they’re both badasses

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Honestly I'm a little disappointed none of you mentioned this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CottonWolf posted:

El Shaddai

:jewish: The Book of Enoch is not part of the Bible (at least not according to Jewish tradition or the Vatican)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a release date yet for the open beta of Phantasy Star Online 2 on Xbox?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

it's more like.. there was a time in the 80s-90s when story ideas for cartoons, especially ones with magic/fantasy, were extremely overused, and often involved transformation or hypnosis or some other thing

and they weren't done because the writers had a boner for it but because it was a simple scenario to write up. if someone shrinks you can have a bunch of wacky scenarios with giant ant monsters or whatever. but more importantly, it means that they wouldn't have to write a story that comes organically out of the character relationships, because the shows they worked on didn't have strong characterization but either broad archetypes or just toyetic characters

but then a kid watches these episodes at a very specific point in their life, and then 10 years later, it's their kink

i have been watching the marvel spider-woman cartoon from 1979 and it's buckwild. in the first episode, a purple pyramid rises out of the sand in egypt, and it's actually a spaceship piloted by an ancient alien mummy, and he goes around zapping people and turning them into mummies. he clips spiderman and spiderman is like "oh no i'm slowly turning into a mummy". it's loving stupid in an amazing way and i bet someone out there is intensely into people mummification as a result

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 10, 2020

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

:jewish: The Book of Enoch is not part of the Bible (at least not according to Jewish tradition or the Vatican)

Apocrypha counts in my book. :colbert:

So does The Flying House, so my take on this may not be entirely reliable. :v:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

but then a kid watches these episodes at a very specific point in their life, and then 10 years later, it's their kink

Isn't this specifically not how fetishes get formed though? I was under the impression that this was some freudian* style stuff

*not necessarily from freud himself but being something as accurate as freud's views

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Is there a release date yet for the open beta of Phantasy Star Online 2 on Xbox?

announced today for march 17th, actually

https://www.siliconera.com/the-phantasy-star-online-2-beta-begins-on-march-17-2020/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i mean i do not think that someone gets a fetish for someone being inflated/turned into a beach ball* innately from birth, i think they see a looney tune where wile e coyote gets flattened and then he plugs his mouth and inflates his body up, and their mind says "let me catalog this for later when i become horny"

* i am referring to ian sampson, a fetish artist and brief "webcomic for all-ages" cartoonist that got dunked on in the webcomics thread years ago

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I can't believe you fucks waited to do a bg companion ranking until I was in class, I was the trailblazer!!!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Let's rank things that the chat thread likes to rank.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQWEc9rPhR0

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
S zelda games, comic books, manga
A smash fighters, anime
B celebrity minge, and wangs
C books, movies
F music

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's probably someone in here who cares about this and hasn't heard yet so

https://twitter.com/supremezerker/status/1237159050237837312

I'm so excited, time for 3 back to back new Trails games at last. The waiting will finally all have paid off baby.

E:
drat beat me to it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Boba Pearl posted:

S amus
A aran
B est
C haracter
F uckers