Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Ragequit posted:

Picked up Slay the Spire digital cheap from Best Buy with a few expiring Best Buy bucks. I swear if goons led me astray...

I didn’t see anything on Beforeiplay.com for Slay the Spire. Anything I should know before going in blind?

https://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Slay_the_Spire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Ragequit posted:

Picked up Slay the Spire digital cheap from Best Buy with a few expiring Best Buy bucks. I swear if goons led me astray...

I didn’t see anything on Beforeiplay.com for Slay the Spire. Anything I should know before going in blind?

If you've ever played a "deck-builder" style card/board game at a table with friends, those experiences apply here. Otherwise, you'll have to discover the basic strategies of deck building as you play.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

How many people gonna buy this just to have "Cum Bros" on their home screen

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I mean, it's not the worst way to get people talking about your game.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

just lol if you don't already have bros cum on your screen.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Thanks for this - no idea why the search turned up nothing for me earlier.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

jackhunter64 posted:

just lol if you don't already have bros cum on your screen.

I wouldn't want to ruin Matt's finish :ohdear:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Ragequit posted:

This headline is only slightly hyperbole: https://twitter.com/HARDTIMESSHOWS/status/1236723554894241792?s=19

Seriously, I got it when there were only two characters, and I *still* racked up 50 hours in a 3 day weekend.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Hot take: regions that don't observe MM-DD-YYYY shouldn't get MAR10 Day discounts.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Really? Both Jeremy and Bob discuss fairly candidly about their knowledge gaps and are also self-aware that they occasionally relay bad information and will get chewed up in the comments. Sure they have their opinions, but I don't feel they're aggressive or pretentious in the way that some others (including, sometimes, their guests) are.

As RB mentioned, Bob is (or was) a front-page contributor and Jeremy posts in the Retro thread from time-to-time.

Well my feelings are pretty much aligned with RB and it's not like I could do what they're doing. It just particularly bugs me when Jeremy interrupts the other participants to "correct" them, when they are actually right and he's wrong. Which happens quite a bit. They do often readily admit areas of gaming which they aren't familiar with.

Overall it's a great podcast. And I can't praise him enough for the videos he's making. Amazingly well-researched and presented. There is no one doing anything as detailed and ambitious as that. I'm a Patreon supporter and he's not getting nearly as much support as he deserves.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

My sister just asked me for the animal crossing switch. I’m assuming they’re sold out never to be produced again because Nintendo?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

KidDynamite posted:

My sister just asked me for the animal crossing switch. I’m assuming they’re sold out never to be produced again because Nintendo?

Because of the whole global industry situation, assume a whole lot of things are getting scaled back or delayed for the next six months at least

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

Hot take: regions that don't observe MM-DD-YYYY shouldn't get MAR10 Day discounts.

Tough, but fair.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
:canada:

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

KidDynamite posted:

I bet there will be a few available this week from order cancellations and to pick up in store. Probably not many, though. I wouldn't count on being able to get one past Friday.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

They've confirmed that order for the AC Switch that are already in will be honored, right?
I put mine down within the first week.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

oh I didn't realize they released the AC ones already

if I see one on a shelf..tempted :thunk:

wasn't really ready to but I don't wan't to actively chase one down later

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Oh hey, apparently Robotics;Notes is coming out soon, it just got an ESRB rating. I liked the cartoon a lot, but there were parts that I could tell were probably handled better in the game, so I'm excited to play it

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

oh they aren't I guess oops. walmart was showing them in stock but I see they aren't for sale yet.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

KidDynamite posted:

If you can be at the store of your choice when they open on Friday, you could probably get one, given nobody is already there waiting at the doors. Lots of stores seem to be getting at least 2 or 3 extra units on top of their preorders. Barring that, a 24-hour Walmart at midnight is a good bet, too.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Gripweed posted:

Oh hey, apparently Robotics;Notes is coming out soon, it just got an ESRB rating. I liked the cartoon a lot, but there were parts that I could tell were probably handled better in the game, so I'm excited to play it

They're called Japanimations, TYVM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

here's a trailer, for people unfamiliar with the franchise. It's about a high school robotics club trying to win a battlebots competition so they can get funding from the school to build a real walking giant robot. But then they find out NASA is hiding the fact that the sun is going to explode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi-3gDj7zzw

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

FewtureMD posted:

This headline is only slightly hyperbole: https://twitter.com/HARDTIMESSHOWS/status/1236723554894241792?s=19

Seriously, I got it when there were only two characters, and I *still* racked up 50 hours in a 3 day weekend.

I got the second boss down to 5 HP in my first run. I am exhausted and I just fired up another run. Why did I buy this game.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Gripweed posted:

It would be nice if we could get all the Science Adventure games on the same console!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luigis mansion question. If I see a chest/ruby etc. does that mean I can get it right now somehow or are there ones I need to come back to later? There’s some I just have no idea how to get .

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's some you have to come back to when you learn certain abilities but those are all fairly early on.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Best Buy's deal of the day is a small discount on Mario games. Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New SMB Deluxe, Mario Tennis Aces are $45.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

American McGay posted:

There's some you have to come back to when you learn certain abilities but those are all fairly early on.

Cool thanks

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ragequit posted:

Lol no. Just play it. Best blind game

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pooplers comes out soon. Get your diapers ready

https://youtu.be/TkzYtgT-Fwo

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Can someone explain to me what GameStop is doing with their restructure or whatever the gently caress? I thought they were pretty much dead? Weren't they closing stores all over the place already and some poo poo about focusing even MORE on accessories/Funko Pops/other poo poo nobody wants as opposed to games? I was convinced these are the death throes of a corpse that's only still propped up by a buncha sticks and that they'd go the way of Blockbuster in the next 6 months max. Now they hire a bunch of (or at least one) awesome people and I'm all :confused:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I can only assume Reggie's taking it on as a challenge.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's no reason to think Reggie is particularly awesome

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Andrast posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0TQbRNmYus

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Andrast posted:

Maybe not if you look at it from a business perspective (and even then I'd kinda argue that) but as a person, I think he's an awesome dude. I know I know, he was essentially just doing his job as the face of NoA but yanno, there's a lot of much worse examples from other companies out there that I'd still count him as awesome. It's less about that tho, and more that I'm wondering what would convince someone to join GameStop. The answer probably is "a truckload of money" but it kinda feels like someone getting on the Titanic after it already hit the iceberg.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Y'know how, even when you're talking about a company that makes non-serious products, you still have stiff, unfeeling drones and overlords on the corporate level, like Disney?

Reggie is maybe the furthest realistic thing from that. Yeah, he's still corporate, but he seems to genuinely delight in the products he's working with.

Edit: wrt him just 'doing his job', there are hundreds of other CEOs working for companies like Nintendo, just doing THEIR job, and he still stands out.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

abraxas posted:

it kinda feels like someone getting on the Titanic after it already hit the iceberg.

Worst case scenario the company goes under and he still walks away with millions of dollars because he's an executive and that's how it works, so I doubt he gives a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

It's pretty common for struggling companies to get in a change of management in an attempt to turn things around, and they are probably hoping that Reggies popularity will be an asset.

From his point of view the company is already on it's way out, so if it does go under nobody is going to think it was his fault and if it turns around hes a hero.