Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

CobiWann posted:

Question - which is the better adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet - The Lion King or Strange Brew?

it’s Hamlet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ethan Hawke's Hamlet is one I can't stop thinking about but can't remember if I've ever seen. Just the idea of Ethan Hawke mumbling his way through high english gives me the giggles.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

CobiWann posted:

Question - which is the better adaptation of Shakespeare's Hamlet - The Lion King or Strange Brew?
Strange Brew, ya hoser

bartok
May 10, 2006

CobiWann posted:

RIP Max Von Sydow and the answer is Strange Brew. FYI the direct to video Lion King sequel Lion King 1 1/2 is an alright adaptation of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://twitter.com/eliyudin/status/1237072629024075776

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Free time is my reason to live. I need all of it all the time. Even sleeping is a waste of free time.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/RGruknow/status/1236884131679571969

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

Free time is my reason to live. I need all of it all the time. Even sleeping is a waste of free time.

yeah

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

im watching contagion cause im a sheeple and everyones watching it now. it's so horny!!!! (soderbergh reference from earlier this month) crazy stacked cast though i've neva seen this crap

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i watched Auto Focus last night. Greg Kinnear plays Bob Crane, star of Hogan's Heroes. i identified with him because he's a friendly, charming sexual weirdo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

be sure to watch The Ultimate Warrior in honor of Baron Von Sydow

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Seth Rollins posted:

i watched Auto Focus last night. Greg Kinnear plays Bob Crane, star of Hogan's Heroes. i identified with him because he's a friendly, charming sexual weirdo.

And someone tried to strangle you to death in hotel room?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey ya'll - enjoy the horror

https://twitter.com/majin_aya/status/1237116814909374467

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1237060318506909698

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1237060440234090500

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1237061085024399360

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1237061363706597377

coconono fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 9, 2020

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
We’re supposed to brush five minutes at a time? Jfc that’s not right is it?

Hey guys why don’t I have any motivation to write for my side gig do you think it is because the world looks like it’s crumbling and I already have a full-time job which is pretty involved and there’s a primary tomorrow and I desperately want to gorge myself on pizza and I feel like there is no escape to be had from the coming indignities and horrors or is it because I am lazy?

Trick question; I know I’m lazy, my brain tells me so.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

6 minutes is even better than 5

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Captain Magic posted:

Dentist recommended two minutes IIRC.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

contagion sucked

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

oh guys don't worry actually I'll not do my writing sidegig today because I just found out my wife loving lost her job and got all of two weeks severance

what the whole actual gently caress; what loving medallion did we take from what loving ancient tomb for this cursed poo poo lately

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

yea ok posted:

contagion sucked

I know I saw that and I don't remember a single thing about it

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Vanilla beans are on danger of becoming extinct.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

Vanilla beans are on danger of becoming extinct.

I was already freaking out about other things today why you gotta do me like that :(

Literally thinking some self-destructive thoughts right now between the news and a meeting that I'm in related to work. I'm not in danger but I'm stuck in an existential crisis loop and it has me mega tilted.

I'm not gonna do anything dumb but I will just say I love everyone thanks

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Mar 10, 2020

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Saw Sonic with my weird movie watching buddy. Movie was good. Light hearted but endearing. He just came back from the Philippines where his wife and infant son remained because they think the boy is developing too slow and he's in therapy there to get him walking. Her family is paying for it.

It's weird. Kid is super well behaved, cute and friendly. They thought the kid was having seizures because he stares blankly at walls when he's bored.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

good night

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

got something mixed up with jelly belly jelly beans. Don't look at here.

found something else to put in this post

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Mar 10, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Dentist recommended two minutes IIRC.

probably, but I'm a weirdo completionist so the process takes about 5 minutes because I will hit all my gag reflex spots, do the roof and tongue. I supposedly have the best insurance outside of congress and my dental bills are insane for routine cleanings.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seth Rollins posted:

If anybody ever tells you that you are too horny, point out that at least you're not Bob Crane horny. Dude kinda broke the scale.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cavauro posted:

got something mixed up with jelly belly jelly beans. Don't look at here.

found something else to put in this post

This is good. I liked this one:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Captain Magic posted:

3 minutes tops each time based on a kids tooth brushing podcast I listen to with my kids since the podcast ended close to 3 minutes each time.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I have to show up for potential jury duty and i'm scared any advice? personally I don't believe in incarceration so I hope they'll just not want me.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I have to show up for potential jury duty and i'm scared any advice? personally I don't believe in incarceration so I hope they'll just not want me.

Bring a book or something to do while you're waiting. There's a chance they won't call you at all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Don't say anything too obvious about trying to get out of it. that stuff just makes them mad nowadays. even if you say something like white people are all guilty or anything they will purposefully make sure you suffer. I don't know any good advice

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just be absolutely honest with them, the worst thing you can do is say what you think they want to hear.

As mariooncrack says, bring something with you that you can use to keep you occupied, there's going to be a lot of sitting around waiting for them to even consider whether they are going to select you anyway (and they may not even reach that point).

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Thanks ya'll. Luckily I got three great books i'm working through right now so I guess i'll eat into that a lot. It's so ridiculous the way they can take you from your entire day and pay you less than $20 for an entire day of missed work.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Just tell them you don't believe in incarceration and you'll be home before you know it

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I don't know if this is a concern but there were metal detectors when I had to enter the main lobby where all the jurors had to wait. So just be aware that you may see that. The waiting is probably the most unbearable part of the experience.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

I don't know if this is a concern but there were metal detectors when I had to enter the main lobby where all the jurors had to wait. So just be aware that you may see that. The waiting is probably the most unbearable part of the experience.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably just bring my wallet/phone/books and prepare to wait a while.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, you will spend a minimum of a few hours and a maximum of several weeks waiting. Most of the time you're gonna get excused before anything happens at all, if you're really lucky you'll be in the potential selection group and get to listen to a very exasperated judge dismiss several dozen people because they keep saying things like "I watch Law & Order so I know police always tell the truth" and such. My high score is having to sit through six days of jury selection before being the last potential juror eliminated because I'd had a previous relationship with someone who'd been a victim of domestic abuse so the defense didn't like me. It's a very slow but socially fascinating process.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Yeah, you will spend a minimum of a few hours and a maximum of several weeks waiting. Most of the time you're gonna get excused before anything happens at all, if you're really lucky you'll be in the potential selection group and get to listen to a very exasperated judge dismiss several dozen people because they keep saying things like "I watch Law & Order so I know police always tell the truth" and such. My high score is having to sit through six days of jury selection before being the last potential juror eliminated because I'd had a previous relationship with someone who'd been a victim of domestic abuse so the defense didn't like me. It's a very slow but socially fascinating process.

Oh my god I had no idea it could go that long, now i'm really down but at least I know so thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

i think, if you say slurs a lot maybe, that will convince them. or say you like wwe a lot. theyre basically the same, to me