Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if there will be restrictions on how many bridges and ramps you can have.
There's barely any proximity restrictions. We saw them incredibly close to each other in the direct.

Judging by how the rest of the game's been changed and the general design philosophy of "gently caress it, do whatever you want," I'd be surprised if there was a limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Implant a sticker under the skin of your palm and become Ankha.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Protip posted:

If you're looking to order amiibo cards DSKoopa is live on Twitch right now selling packs of series 2, 3 and 4 from his store in Seattle. $6 ea per pack, 6 cards in a pack.

https://twitter.com/DSKoopa/status/1237157156345901057?s=19

What exactly are amiibo cards for?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Eiba posted:

There's barely any proximity restrictions. We saw them incredibly close to each other in the direct.

Judging by how the rest of the game's been changed and the general design philosophy of "gently caress it, do whatever you want," I'd be surprised if there was a limit.

Finally, we can build an island of nothing but bridges.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Framboise posted:

What exactly are amiibo cards for?

If the card is for a villager you can have on the island, it will invite them over. Otherwise it will unlock a poster and make them available in the photo room.

Nemo2342 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 10, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i kinda want to make the log bridges and natural ramps and just make my island look like a shantytown

Infinitum posted:

OK line in the sand time so I have some sanity while I do this, because I'm gonna have to get methodical up in this mother fucker so I don't miss anyone.

jackhunter64 is going to update the main list one last time for anyone above this line.

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up.

Please be nice because there is likely gonna be 200 people and I gotta do all this nonsense manually.

just quoting so i don't get missed since i wasn't on the list the first go-around

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm torn between wanting to make an island that is comfy and fun to play and suited to my tastes.

But I also just wanna flood the island and make Tom Nook's version of Rapture.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

I'm on the list so I'm good to go! Thank you for your service :D

Nemo2342 posted:

If the card is for a villager you can have on the island, it will invite them over. Otherwise it will unlock a poster and make them available in the photo room.

Huh, I see. Might have to look into those.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i kinda want to make the log bridges and natural ramps and just make my island look like a shantytown
I am so looking forward to shantytown style. Half buried tires, barbed wire fences, and lots of weeds.

At least a shanty district. I really just want to make different parts of my island feel very different from each other. A shantytown here, a pristine forest with ancient ruins in it there. There are so many options to create really compelling settings. I want people to feel different things in different places when they visit my island.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Potsticker posted:

My NFC stickers just came in. I don't know if I really want to force any animals to be my neighbor (maybe Bob) but at least the option will be there if there are any I end up with that just don't jell with me. Plus there's gotta be something else I can do with these.

does anyone know if making those acrylic keychain charms is any difficult because I'm thinking about making some. my college has a fabrication lab that i think might be useful for making acrylic stuff by hand

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
tag me boss

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

I guess you could make some stickers for the special animals so you can use them in the photo room?

Oh, that's a really good idea!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Framboise posted:

Huh, I see. Might have to look into those.

If you have an android phone with a NFC chip it's probably cheaper/easier to clone them onto stickers instead of buying the singles off of ebay/etsy.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Enjoy the Animal Crossing :)

Infinitum posted:

You're both champions. Thanks :)

(I'm already on the list, just to be clear)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Implant a sticker under the skin of your palm and become Ankha.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nemo2342 posted:

If you have an android phone with a NFC chip it's probably cheaper/easier to clone them onto stickers instead of buying the singles off of ebay/etsy.

I am interested in this.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/fg98q8/the_crossover_that_should_never_be/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Framboise posted:

I am interested in this.

It's fairly easy: https://old.reddit.com/r/Amiibomb/comments/5ywlol/howto_the_easy_guide_to_making_your_own_amiibo/

Zomblified
Feb 17, 2011

Guess what? You got it for free! Are you proud of yourself?

Infinitum posted:

Goon me for our Island Adventure, please.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if there will be restrictions on how many bridges and ramps you can have.
I want to say that surely there will be a limit of some kind. But also surely they know that people want the freedom to do whatever and the switch would likely be able to handle having more polys.

Because nobody really knows the limits to terraforming/bridge building (if any), I'm going to limit any real advance planning I do. It looks like you can have pretty much any building moved afterwards (if not choose its starting location), so I'll just choose the starting map that has the nicest river entrances (since speculation is that you won't be able to alter the beach/rock area) and then figure out how much can be altered later.

For me, I like being able to see my towns organically change over time. I don't want to have everything confined to a specific city grid with houses all perfect etc. I want it to be a island getaway, not suburbia!

edit: Thanks for this, significantly cheaper than buying old amiibos/cards off ebay unless they reprint them. And I only want a couple (like my birthday villager, and some of the other super weird ones)

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Mar 10, 2020

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Infinitum posted:

I'll get it done on my break in a few hours, I have to go and collect my dinner from the big wheely bins round the back of the office first.

EDIT: Pmed it to you now

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Mar 10, 2020

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Infinitum posted:

Guess which idiot just got made King?

Aaaaa that tag looks amazing! Excited :D Thanks Infinitum! (and mega thanks to jackhunter64 as well :) )

LeafyGreens fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 10, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I’m on this list but thank you for your service Infinitum and Bird Poster!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jackhunter64 posted:

I'll get it done on my break in a few hours, I have to go and collect my dinner from the big wheely bins round the back of the office first.

EDIT: Pmed it to you now

Hold onto your butts, butt-holders

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

First 50 queued.

Someone link me profiles for:
And More
BrunchPunk
FBS
Flowers

The work continues..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24PnCsZddBk

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Mar 10, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Never been in the position to get a gang tag so let's do it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I would like the gang tag please

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ten days ten days ten daysss

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Big thanks to everyone involved in the gang tag operation!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Not getting the game at launch but could I still be a Coon Goon, please.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinitum posted:

Hold onto your butts, butt-holders

Thank you for your work boss o7

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

(Protip I'm up the H's)

You avatar is loving gigantic and I'm not adding a 3rd tag to it, cause it'll legit piss people off.
So I removed one

Here's the tag I removed.

Pay the Lowtax Spine Fund tax if you want to rearrange.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

(Protip I'm up the H's)

You avatar is loving gigantic and I'm not adding a 3rd tag to it, cause it'll legit piss people off.
So I removed one

Here's the tag I removed.

Pay the Lowtax Spine Fund tax if you want to rearrange.

Aww man I only just got that one too. What a conundrum.

Edit:

Feel free to gently caress my av text up the whole thing was given to me randomly in a huge group of people as a weird reference to a now-banished terrible wrestling poster.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Mar 10, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tell me how you want it rearranged and I'll rearrange it. (I can't upload new avatars.)

Like make a new post with the layout you want and I'll sort it.

Just.. 3 gangtags made your avatar suuuuuper long and annoying

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/bweph/status/1237130888502054912?s=20

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Tell me how you want it rearranged and I'll rearrange it. (I can't upload new avatars.)

Like make a new post with the layout you want and I'll sort it.

Just.. 3 gangtags made your avatar suuuuuper long and annoying

If you can't delete the text just ditch my yakuza tag, it's time

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you can't delete the text just ditch my yakuza tag, it's time

I can literally make it look like anything.

If I made it look like this would that be OK?

quote:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if you can replace my current tag that'd be swell :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Infinitum posted:

Guess which idiot just got made King?

Racc 'em