Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

KidDynamite posted:

My sister just asked me for the animal crossing switch. I’m assuming they’re sold out never to be produced again because Nintendo?

If you're in NYC, the Nintendo store will have em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Midjack posted:

It would be nice if we could get all the Science Adventure games on the same console!

Is the Chaos;Head game significantly better than the cartoon? Because I watched the Chaos;Head cartoon and it was not great.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Is it me or has Nintendo forgotten to tell us what's coming up? It's been quite a dry period for first party games since...Luigi's mansion? I don't care for animal crossing, what's next..!?

Also Reggie never deserved his place in the triumvirate that also included Iwata and Miyamoto, those guys actually had good ideas and made fun games. Reggie just seems to be a businessman who can also take a joke. Not exactly legend material.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reggie is responsible for Wii Sports being a pack in title. Who knows if the Wii would have done as well in America without that

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Rabelais D posted:

Is it me or has Nintendo forgotten to tell us what's coming up? It's been quite a dry period for first party games since...Luigi's mansion?

its been a very long dry spell without a big non-specific direct. hopefully botw2 is this year but i aint holding my breath

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello Switch thread, I have been made Idiot King of Games for the day.

If you would like this Animal Crossing gangtag:

Pop by the Animal Crossing thread and make a post requesting one and I will queue it up for you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

alf_pogs posted:

its been a very long dry spell without a big non-specific direct. hopefully botw2 is this year but i aint holding my breath

The 4chan rumors that get reported as fact seem to thing so

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

CPColin posted:

I wouldn't want to ruin Matt's finish :ohdear:

This deserved more attention than it got

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Len posted:

The 4chan rumors that get reported as fact seem to thing so

What does the 4chan rumour mill say these days about upcoming games?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Infinitum posted:

What does the 4chan rumour mill say these days about upcoming games?

Resetera says https://www.inverse.com/gaming/breath-of-the-wild-2-release-date-2020-trailer-reveal-nintendo-direct-march

4chan says
https://gamerant.com/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-bond-triforce-leak-gameplay/amp/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

That article came out February 8th and also says "A new Nintendo Direct is rumored for this month"

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Reggie is responsible for Wii Sports being a pack in title. Who knows if the Wii would have done as well in America without that

https://thehardtimes.net/harddrive/reggie-proposes-gamestop-increase-business-by-including-a-free-copy-of-wii-sports-with-every-purchase/

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

How is the net code so atrocious in Mario Maker 2 smh

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Reggie's had some say in things about what the company should do, and that was probably one of the biggest ones. No Wii Sports inclusion with the Wii sounds so utterly nuts to me since that title was a huge part of its launch's success.

LeFishy
Jul 21, 2010
I haven't been able to access the eshop (UK/EU) since yesterday evening.

Anyone else out there suffering this problem? It also fails the upload/download speed part of the network test.

Tried at work and at home to the same result.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

veni veni veni posted:

Luigis mansion question. If I see a chest/ruby etc. does that mean I can get it right now somehow or are there ones I need to come back to later? There’s some I just have no idea how to get .

If you have Gooigi unlocked, you have almost every ability in the game at your disposal. So you can get every gem from the get-go aside from one on 4F, which requires something else from later in the game.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i finished my new game+ of witcher 3 and it was decent enough tho I didnt bother with a buncha the side quests from the first round, but got a 2nd and happier ending to the main game.

if I play it through again to enjoy the third route it'll probably be on a PC so I can have mods solve the problem of applying oils I already have or repairing weapons I always had t he means to repair and etc

but I absolutely got the hours I wanted out of the thing and now im ready for a great next time sink thing.

animal crossing :getin:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

witcher 3 was the first action adventure storied rpg game (I don't know wtf the genre is called) that ever actually grabbed me

now im hungry for more :supaburn:

I wish so badly that dragons dogma had a demo. might look for a stupid cheap used copy.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

LeFishy posted:

I haven't been able to access the eshop (UK/EU) since yesterday evening.

Anyone else out there suffering this problem? It also fails the upload/download speed part of the network test.

Tried at work and at home to the same result.

There was some planned downtime yesterday but that was only for a couple of hours.
Maybe try turning the console off completely and on again?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GameStop is too rigid of a company to allow Reggie to do anything that might help them. This is purely a PR move.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reggie isn't coming on board as an executive officer, he's joining the board. His job will be to hold the executive officers accountable. GameStop doesn't have to "allow" him to do anything, in fact it's the opposite, he'll be one of the people "allowing" or not allowing GameStop to do things.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

They should just turn into just another bunch of lovely vape shops

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Reggie isn't coming on board as an executive officer, he's joining the board. His job will be to hold the executive officers accountable. GameStop doesn't have to "allow" him to do anything, in fact it's the opposite, he'll be one of the people "allowing" or not allowing GameStop to do things.

I worked for them too long to know they won't listen.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Detective No. 27 posted:

I worked for them too long to know they won't listen.

At what level?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Store level.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Infinitum posted:

Pop by the Animal Crossing thread and make a post requesting one and I will queue it up for you.

Post and request until it is done.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Junkie Disease posted:

They should just turn into just another bunch of lovely vape shops

What if they were lovely vape shops all along?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

retail is boned when the world of paying rent is super inflated and out of reach if its to be connected to the actual economy

doubtful gamestop doesn't liquidate itself down to a small amount of stores because unless of an actual revolution theres no room for margins that the extractors will overcharge on usurious interest

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

What if they were lovely vape shops all along?

haha exactly

strip center stores that used to be something became cell phone resellers and then they became vape shops and now vape shops are shutting down

:rip:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1237363045271126017?s=19

Probably toy kits but drat I hope it's a Lego Mario game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Reggie literally told Nintendo not to change their logo when they were trying to alter it in the 90s for hipness or whatever. I trust Reggie's judgment when it comes to general business decisions, and if nothing else, he can help them cut their losses the most effectively.

I mean, I still have no intention of shopping at GameStop, but I would love to see positive change for my friends and acquaintances that do.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Gripweed posted:

Is the Chaos;Head game significantly better than the cartoon? Because I watched the Chaos;Head cartoon and it was not great.

Oh yeah, it's way better.

Still don't play it, though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Going to bed. Post in the AC thread while I still have IK powers if you want a gangtag.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I shop at GameStop all the time but usually for merch or toys for my kid. I always prefer to buy accessories retail rather than online as well

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luigis Mansion is sweet but I miss the 3D. Great game though. Just the type of thing I needed right.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

This is a nerd speedball and I'm ready for my hit.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope it’s toy kits. Gimme LEGO Zelda.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Not my thing but I know a lot of you like AC

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1237371994657542151?s=21

Also it’s Mario Day (Mar 10) and a ton of his games are on sale.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
TRIP REPORT

I bought Unravel 2 on an impulse from the eshop about a week ago

It's really good, guys, and insanely good for the price.

I realize many of you have already played this on your Other Box but for those of you like me with only a Switch this gen, time to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1237376769319149569