Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

sebmojo posted:

Any thoughts on outward as a 2 player coop game?

Outward's a lot of fun with 2 people, you can drop in and out with co-op at any time. Just be aware that story progress is only updated for whomever is hosting the game, so you'll want to make sure the same person is hosting every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

Wait, I have to put the fruit into the Preserves Jar one by one? lol what, how is this worth the effort

it significantly increases the value of the finished product vs. just selling the raw crop

endgame setups usually involve having full warehouses full of preserves jars and kegs

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

GQ8WM-6K3*6-JT6Z4 She*zen IO
M268X-LQ*LH-62XR9 Okami *D
NDI4D-X66LC-W*FY6 Slay th* Spire
P0Z*7-DB58P-LGDQ2 Hellb*ade: Senua's Sacrifice

N27Y4-KW*NT-ZXL2K Moonlight*r
QTNQ0-GGAHE-K*K6M God Eater 2: *age Burst
M6GBN-*L7NR-6RI4K *ultist Simulator
CRNC4-EL228-7*DT8 So*a

Herbotron fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Mar 10, 2020

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ooh, I took Slay the Spire - thank you! I was browsing for a new deckbuilder.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Someone swiped Okami already, oh well.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
I took God Eater 2, thanks for the key!

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

StrixNebulosa posted:

PC gaming: going through the work of making an older game work, installing the new patches, fiddling so they all work, getting in and starting a new game, aaaaand it crashes as I'm reading the emails in-game. :sigh:

Apparently in the years since I last did this, Jagged Alliance 2 stopped working on windows 10 and needs even more fiddling and I am way too tired for this. I'll leave the mess installed for now and fix it later.

https://ja2-stracciatella.github.io/

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

ShootaBoy posted:

Someone swiped Okami already, oh well.

Sent you a PM.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
While Guerrilla could've been more immersive I think what they did worked well for the game they made. If you want a game world that feels utterly soulless to wander around, check out Godfather 2. A mechanically interesting game but one of the most lifeless open worlds.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Is there any way to disable the little "Press shift-tab to open the overlay" popup that appears any time I start a game? I don't want to have to open the overlay every single time I play a game.

edit: oh, the one that sticks around forever is the CD keys one which I can just check a box to not show again.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Mar 10, 2020

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Disposable Scud posted:

While Guerrilla could've been more immersive I think what they did worked well for the game they made. If you want a game world that feels utterly soulless to wander around, check out Godfather 2. A mechanically interesting game but one of the most lifeless open worlds.
They expected everyone to spend most of their time in the strip clubs.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Honestly, the Guerilla remaster needed just three things for real greatness:
1) Not making enemy reinforcements endless. Since the game has no real stealth mechanics, reinforcements are guaranteed to happen whenever you do basically anything and the shooting in that game is bad and frustrating. Less soldiers, more demolition.
2) Make the higher-end weapons more useful by giving them larger ammo counts.
3) Add the black hole gun from Armageddon.

There you go, the perfect space rear end in a top hat game.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Herbotron posted:

CRNC4-EL228-7*DT8 So*a

Took this one, heard spooky good things about it. Thank you.

Passing it on...

*uro Truck Simulator 2 CW573-4NI7B-4T*4D
Whoever gets this, PM me or quote me for the DLC too.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

anilEhilated posted:

Honestly, the Guerilla remaster needed just three things for real greatness:
1) Not making enemy reinforcements endless. Since the game has no real stealth mechanics, reinforcements are guaranteed to happen whenever you do basically anything and the shooting in that game is bad and frustrating. Less soldiers, more demolition.
2) Make the higher-end weapons more useful by giving them larger ammo counts.
3) Add the black hole gun from Armageddon.

There you go, the perfect space rear end in a top hat game.

I actually like the endless reinforcements and low ammo. It makes you have to actually do some hot and run guerilla tactics since you can’t win an actual protracted fight. But more physics tools would rule. The magnet gun from Armageddon would also kick rear end.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

tripwood posted:

Took this one, heard spooky good things about it. Thank you.

Passing it on...

I didn't take the key because I already have the game, but I'd be interested in the DLC, if you don't mind.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

Cardiovorax posted:

I didn't take the key because I already have the game, but I'd be interested in the DLC, if you don't mind.

Euro Truck Simulator 2: *ustralia Paint Pack DLC

DQ8R*-TYY0G-BFLYG

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

tripwood posted:

Euro Truck Simulator 2: *ustralia Paint Pack DLC

DQ8R*-TYY0G-BFLYG
Appreciated!

Paying it forward with this copy of Spac* *ngineers, if there's actually anyone left who doesn't have it:
*KXM0-86FQ3-LD2JC

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

While I appreciate the intent, y'all really should do this in the PGS thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513572) so the keys don't get scraped by bots. Also that way when a key has been lurked we at least know a goon got it.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Oh, thank you!

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Herbotron posted:

GQ8WM-6K3*6-JT6Z4 She*zen IO
M268X-LQ*LH-62XR9 Okami *D
NDI4D-X66LC-W*FY6 Slay th* Spire

P0Z*7-DB58P-LGDQ2 Hellb*ade: Senua's Sacrifice
N27Y4-KW*NT-ZXL2K Moonlight*r
QTNQ0-GGAHE-K*K6M God Eater 2: *age Burst
M6GBN-*L7NR-6RI4K *ultist Simulator
CRNC4-EL228-7*DT8 So*a

Awwww... someone snaked Hellblade and didn't say anything. Oh well, I can still steal my boyfriend's Xbox and play it through his Game Pass, even though I have an unreasonable hatred for the Xbox.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I actually like the endless reinforcements and low ammo. It makes you have to actually do some hot and run guerilla tactics since you can’t win an actual protracted fight.

Yeah, this 100%. The game's called Guerrilla for a reason. While it doesn't exactly have a stealth mechanic, I can still kinda sorta use stealth by approaching from the right direction, so that once the EDF spot me I've already planted three remote charges. Then I just quickly dump the rest, blow poo poo up and knock myself over by being too close and get run over by a truck bail out. It's super satisfying when an attack on a demolition target goes well, and also super fun when it doesn't and I end up scrambling to knock over that last wall, and oh god they have a gunship and now my escape route is blocked by three APCs and I some loving how manage to highjack one of them and floor it away, except now the APC is burning and gently caress gently caress gently caress get out oh god please a new vehicle yes thank you I'll take this buggy and and and...

Simply put, RF:G isn't really a shooter game, and making it one with finite enemies and enough ammo to kill them all would not do it any favours, imo.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Jagged Alliance 2: finally have it working thanks to the stracciella port, did the first mission, felt an overwhelming desire to go play the X-COM Files again. Why am I like this....

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

But Not Tonight posted:

While I appreciate the intent, y'all really should do this in the PGS thread (https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3513572) so the keys don't get scraped by bots. Also that way when a key has been lurked we at least know a goon got it.

Don't listen to them. While these two threads have some overlap they mostly have different people visiting them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sininu posted:

Don't listen to them. While these two threads have some overlap they mostly have different people visiting them.

No, it's a fair point. Dropping keys in here is open to the public, so it's better to offer "hey I have keys for X, drop me a PM" to be sure a goon gets it, whereas in that other thread it's always goons. (always goons complaining about keys being lurked)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

tripwood posted:

Passing it on...

I've been interested in checking this out, so thank you very much.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/engadgetgaming/status/1237378983949459456
:flashfap:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Will they forget half the content as they did with TFD?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ah gently caress I need origin for that don't I?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

MMF Freeway posted:

Ah gently caress I need origin for that don't I?

It's on Steam already for preorder! $20!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oh man, if “tweaked user interface” means “you can right click to give orders now” I am so hyped.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

explosivo posted:

It's on Steam already for preorder! $20!

:sickos:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213210/Command__Conquer_Remastered_Collection/

Link for the lazy and aaaaaa I need this to do well so I can get Red Alert 2 remastered!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh man, if “tweaked user interface” means “you can right click to give orders now” I am so hyped.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

The filter they ran the movies through looks like they smeared vaseline over the camera. That said, outtakes, hell yeah. Wanna see some goofy overacting.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
drat, that... actually looks like a good remaster? hotkey to toggle pixelation ingame, GUI and controls, multiplayer matchmaking (we'll see if there's enough people for that however).

It's pretty low hanging fruit, but I'm all onboard for that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I know I don't need a $150 physical collector's edition of a $20 game however I would very much like a tiny obelisk of light to sit on my desk at work :ohdear:

Lightningproof
Feb 23, 2011

That they couldn't find the originals for the FMVs is a huge bummer but I'm still incredibly hype for this. Here's hoping they get round to Tiberian Sun and RA2.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fruits of the sea posted:

The filter they ran the movies through looks like they smeared vaseline over the camera. That said, outtakes, hell yeah. Wanna see some goofy overacting.
They put out a video about that. They went digging for the original remasters to find that the studio only had the same low-res videos. Weirdly enough the upscaling looks pretty good on Seth and Kane, not so much the RA1 peeps.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Lightningproof posted:

That they couldn't find the originals for the FMVs is a huge bummer but I'm still incredibly hype for this. Here's hoping they get round to Tiberian Sun and RA2.

They drat well better. Going to be weird having CNC1/RE1 and CNC3/RE3 on Steam, but not 2!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I understand the reasoning behind remastering the original C&C first and I’m sure there are some people somewhere that could genuinely enjoy playing it today but I can’t help but think it’s like a smaller version of Square Enix going “We heard you want a Final Fantasy 7 remake but first we need to do 1-6 first.”