Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Mr Hootington posted:

The game requires 110GB free to update. So 260GB needed

What type of math is this? Are you Terence Howard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

El Jebus posted:

How will you have 300gb used up by this game which is going to be 150gb when tomorrow's patch hits?

On PS4 you need as much free space as the total install size in order to patch :waycool:

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
No 4 player squads, duos or solos? No wonder BRs are dead. (why did you have to ruin this Apex)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Constellation I posted:

(why did you have to ruin this Apex)

It will be known forever as "Titanfall 2's Revenge".

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Guess it’s time to uninstall rdr2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The gun unlock attachment challenges are completely hosed for me and always have been. Can’t unlock these uzi bullets because it just won’t count anything past the first two. Took me like 15 rounds of using recon instead of 5 to unlock akimbo too.

So annoying.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I really don't want to play ground war to unlock some of these operator challenges.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Constellation I posted:

No 4 player squads, duos or solos? No wonder BRs are dead. (why did you have to ruin this Apex)

I heard only quads is not in the release. What changed?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ada shatan posted:

I heard only quads is not in the release. What changed?

3 person squads only. No singles, doubles, or quads.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Huh? They said solos and duos are available along with 3 mans

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Gulag thing in Warzone looks loving brilliant.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Activision blog seems to imply trios only at the moment:

quote:

At launch, players can squad up in trios with their friends on Playstation® 4, Battle.net for PC, or Xbox One across two game modes: Battle Royale and Plunder.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Housh posted:

I really don't want to play ground war to unlock some of these operator challenges.

Suck it up, it's not a terrible mode, just have a clear objective in mind when you play it and you can have the most fun. If you're also doing it in conjunction with other missions it can help with them a lot.

Examples: exclusively using vehicles on farmland and port to run people over, preferably while laying on the horn as you bear down on them

Sniper nest clearing on district with spotter to defuse the traps they lay in the stairwells

Killstreak destruction on any of them apart from district to level your launchers

Also I find if you just run around aimlessly you'll get frustrated and sniped a lot and decide the game mode is utter poo poo, but if you focus on one task or holding/capturing one point and work from there it's much more enjoyable

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Anyone here playing the multi with keyboard and mouse on ps4s? How's the sens and keyboard mapping?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They learned the lesson (too late) with blackout. The more options/playlists you have in BR, the longer the queues and time to fill up a lobby are. Especially on the least popular mode. Having 150 player lobbies would make this worse. They'll rotate their game modes through the year similar what Apex (and now Blackout) go about it.

So there will be solo and duos but don't expect them to be standard modes available all the time.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Cross-platform will help to fill the lobbies.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I hope we see the big divide in cross platform between guys who can shoot more than 100m and people who can’t.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's rare in MP lobbies to see someone with a different control scheme to you - the vast majority of the time on PC I get full PC (or consoles using M+KB) lobbies, but you gotta assume with 150 player limits that's not gonna be as easy to do. Controller players are gonna be at a real disadvantage in mixed lobbies. I'd argue that this isn't as pronounced in regular MP due to generally shorter engagement distances and tiny TTK, but fights at longer distance and with a higher TTK in Warzone are gonna leave controller players getting dunked on way more.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got two care package kills from them falling on people in shipment and they count for running over with a vehicle progress

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I just realized that in the menu on classified there is a count down counter to war zone. Maybe most of it was already downloaded in the last update and it unlocks with a small patch. Hope so.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I can't believe that you can't download the game until 3 pm. No preload is real dumb.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Housh posted:

I just realized that in the menu on classified there is a count down counter to war zone. Maybe most of it was already downloaded in the last update and it unlocks with a small patch. Hope so.

Correct. There is a small 20 gig patch for MW owners

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Isn’t that preload though? The thing I read said it releases at 10 pm. Which is super weird.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Housh posted:

They explicitly said this
Though I guess "small" is relative

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Ok so it just says Incoming Transmission where Classified used to be. No update available from the Microsoft Store and nothing else happening.

Any ideas?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Ok so it just says Incoming Transmission where Classified used to be. No update available from the Microsoft Store and nothing else happening.

Any ideas?

Update is out on XBOX (17.9GB) and PC (22GB)

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

PS4 in Canada nothing yet.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Nothing in Europe on PSN either.

By the way, on the start screen, I don't see the timer on the warzone part. It just says "locked transmission". Is that normal?

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Update is out on XBOX (17.9GB) and PC (22GB)

I restarted and checked for updates again, it's downloading a 17.98GB update for Xbox One X. 1 hour 22 minutes on my connection.

Gigabit fibre can't come to me soon enough. Bullshit that there was no preloading though.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Should show a lock and flashing incoming transmission.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Update just showed up on PS4 (15.415GB)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So last night I got killed by a VTOL and it straight up blew my head up and brains and gore splattered all over the place. That’s new.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

So last night I got killed by a VTOL and it straight up blew my head up and brains and gore splattered all over the place. That’s new.

Yeah that only happened to me once fairly recently, I had been wondering if that "gore" option was just there for show

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Housh posted:

I feel you, I dislike ground war a lot and getting 20 caps seems more like work than fun. I'm also salty because I played gungame to get the 5 wins, after 10 fuckfests had 3 wins, then the next day got 2 wins and the tracking thing was broken. I also hate gungame, is it gun? is it game? is it loving stupid.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Good soup! posted:

Yeah that only happened to me once fairly recently, I had been wondering if that "gore" option was just there for show

The Mace operator pack has two weapon skins (LMG and Shotgun) that both enable dismemberment on kills. So P2W gibbing is in-game.

The 50 cal snipers also has dismemberment, I think.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Gun game loving rules and I wish more people played it/liked it. I get all pumped up playing it.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

There's a miniature BR training mode that takes place solely on the Karst River Quarry map lol

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
I'm at work most of the day but I really wana know if I can throw rocks at my own teammates in gulog. if someone gets a chance let me know.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Their BR is going to fail hard as gently caress if they can't make it so you get into a match quicker. The TTK is fast as gently caress, and it's taking forever to get into games, like 5+ minutes. You simply can't have that fast of rounds with this long of a wait in between if you want the poo poo to succeed in an already over saturated genre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Manxome Foe posted:

Their BR is going to fail hard as gently caress if they can't make it so you get into a match quicker. The TTK is fast as gently caress, and it's taking forever to get into games, like 5+ minutes. You simply can't have that fast of rounds with this long of a wait in between if you want the poo poo to succeed in an already over saturated genre.

Most people are probably still downloading the huge rear end file and I don’t think the free component has unlocked yet. It will have a ton of people playing by tonight.