Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

You can pry my cartridge from my cold dead hands. My shelf grows ever flush with new game cases, and my tongue grows numb to the bitter taste of bad-chemicals.

Oh god bad snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
You're all making a good argument regarding digital/physical for AC. Gonna switch my pre-order to digital.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Best gang tag!

This is perhaps the cutest detail I've seen yet in New Horizons: you can cut corners on 90-degree paths by doing a cute little hop over them.

Popete posted:

You're all making a good argument regarding digital/physical for AC. Gonna switch my pre-order to digital.

I've infected a number of my friends with my annoyance hype for the game, and for those with a Switch, I've been telling them about the same -- if you're on the fence about it, go physical, just in case you bounce off and want to sell/trade. Otherwise, if you know you'll like it, it's a great game to get digitally, so you aren't swapping carts around a dozen times a day when you become an Animal Crossing lunatic.

enojy fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 10, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Jade Mage posted:

You can pry my cartridge from my cold dead hands. My shelf grows ever flush with new game cases, and my tongue grows numb to the bitter taste of bad-chemicals.

Oh god bad snype

*smirks at Nintendo* I spent the last few years building up an immunity to eating Switch cartridges

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

EDIT: I was already a goon! No need to beg. Thanks, Infinitum!! I am so proud.

10 days to go. The anticipation is killing me. I just want to chill on my island and see who's moving in.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Playing GC Animal Crossing again has been fun, it really holds up despite having less features and things to do than the later games. Really the only annoying things about it are having to send off every single fossil to be identified and the constant inventory management, which honestly was not even vastly improved as of New Leaf .

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
I love my new gang tag, but I think something happened with my avatar... :ohdear:

an angry penguin
Oct 12, 2007

Heck yes, proud to be a raccoon goon. Thanks!

I had a physical copy of New Leaf and constantly having to swap out the cartridge drove me mad, so I'm going digital this time around. I wonder if the game will be pre-loaded onto the special edition Switches (in my country they come bundled with a copy of the game) or whether I'll have to wait for it to download on release day.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Wonderful tag, thanks :)

I hope just "Island" is an available island name prefix because I really like "Island Knot City"

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Konec Hry posted:

I love my new gang tag, but I think something happened with my avatar... :ohdear:

You have paid a terrible price for your gang tag.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

This is the best gang

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

New gang tag idea: poo poo Heads

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is a game I'd prefer digital for, but I preordered from Target and thus am getting that notebook as well, so.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Infinitum posted:

It is now midnight in :australia: so I am going to bed.

122 gangtags queued.
Usernames between A-O have been done
(P-Z, and a few extra people I am aware of will be done tomorrow.)

Thank you for your suffering.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

I'm in a gang!! :woop:

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

oh gently caress yeah gonna cosplay softon!

Flowers
Mar 16, 2007

it's all fucking lewds

pyrotek posted:

Thank you for your suffering.

We all have a suffer a little while we wait for Animal Crossing. Some more than others.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Konec Hry posted:

Looks like the '/' is missing from the end IMG tag.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
Thanks for the work involved in both making the tag and getting it handed out. Y'all doin' good work.

Booted up New Leaf last night and decided to give the town a celebratory de-weeding before I abandon them forever in favor of a permanent island vacation. Totally forgot Merry was still there; she is the only villager in New Leaf who stayed from the day I got the game until now. Hope you stop by my town in New Horizons, Merry. :unsmith:

BrunchPunk
Jul 20, 2018

And More posted:

Actually, here you go:

Thank you!

And thanks for adding the tag, Infinitum!

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Infinitum posted:

============================================================================================================

If you are below this line and :siren: HAVEN'T ALREADY REQUESTED ONE :siren: feel free to request one and I will queue you up (Tomorrow when I get back from work)

I would like a gang tag too, thank you for doing this for all us dumb goons!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Proud to be a Raccoon Goon, thanks everyone. :woop:

(Now I just gotta procure the switch... hah...)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Clocks posted:

Proud to be a Raccoon Goon, thanks everyone. :woop:

(Now I just gotta procure the switch... hah...)

Getting a Nintendo Switch is easy, so long as you don't want that Animal Crossing one, that one is impossible to get at this point.

cats
May 11, 2009
Absolutely going digital here. Instant island access, anytime, anywhere. Plus the Switch cartridge flap thingy is so drat fiddly.

I'm still waiting to preload until after I get the AC Switch and get it all set up. Kind of impressed with myself for exercising the smallest modicum of delayed gratification.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gotta get it digital so I can always have my friends on hand.

fereldish
Jun 25, 2012
Thank you Infinitum, jackhunter64, and LITERALLY A BIRD for all the tag work!

10 more days y'all! :woop:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm gonna play so much loving Animal Crossing in just 10 days

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Usernames between A-O have been done
This is amazing, thank you!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Thank you, kind game mods.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I will wear it with pride!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

We should set up a rival gang with one of the ape villagers called BABOON GOONS

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

*me outside Nintendo’s door*
Gimme da Animal Crossing

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

This last 10 days is a longer wait than the previous six months...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you mods and admins, thods and thadmins.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Electric Phantasm posted:

Thank you mods and admins, thods and thadmins.

:same:

It will give me joy and the strength needed to persevere in the coming New-Horizons-less days.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile us P-Z posters are dying

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Can't tell if I got it or not on mobile, but assumed thanks!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ItBreathes posted:

Can't tell if I got it or not on mobile, but assumed thanks!

You got it.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Getting a Nintendo Switch is easy, so long as you don't want that Animal Crossing one, that one is impossible to get at this point.

Yep, I figured that much out. I'd reeeeally like the special switch but I think when push comes to shove, getting AC on time is more important than a fancy switch. (Considering I'm finally getting a switch now that AC is out on it...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Thanks so much for the tag :3:

Can't wait to be a Pocket Grandpa wearing my giant golden poo poo hat.