Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is plunder like a modified ctf?

No, it's TDM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Snazzy Frocks posted:

is plunder like a modified ctf?

It would be like Kill Confirmed but if you had to deposit the dog tags at a Domination Point that you had to capture.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
ah so those cash explosions you see from killing dudes finally comes into play

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
So it’s like the Bounty Hunt mode in TF2? I’m so down for that.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just won my first plunder game by killing an enemy team in the last seconds of the game. Hell yeah. This owns.

EDIT: would own more if people actually communicated

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Hot take after playing most of the afternoon - Warzone is a solid 5/10. It doesn't do anything better than any existing BR games, and actually dumbs some systems down. It's pretty meh.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
What about compared to blops 4's offering specifically?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the nice thing is that even if warzone sucks, you can still play the mostly good rest of the game

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Mister Facetious posted:

I think Blackout is better than Warzone.

For instance, in Warzone, the guns all come pre-configured, so if you get an AK you get whatever scope comes on the epic or rare version, you cannot change attachments. That is bad.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Got my first win after three games.

This map is an actual city, it’s amazing.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Manxome Foe posted:

I think Blackout is better than Warzone.

For instance, in Warzone, the guns all come pre-configured, so if you get an AK you get whatever scope comes on the epic or rare version, you cannot change attachments. That is bad.

battlefield firestorm was like that and i actually really liked that part of it

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
They stealth added the new shotgun.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mister Facetious posted:

I like the health/armor system in MW better

Blackout is much faster than Warzone. The warzone map is so crowded by building, and it's so much bigger. Lots of people just camp on the big roofs since parachute is so good.

Loadouts are OP

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'll be on through midnight eastern if any goons wanna team up

Psn: waroduce

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
After a few games, it's not really grabbing me.

It's hard to go back to this relatively plodding pace after Apex.

Loot isn't that satisfying, not being able to mix and match weapons and attachments is a bummer, I don't like the idea of loadouts and would prefer to create my own as the match progresses like other BRs.

Camping is encouraged with a shitload of tall buildings and the ability to parachute off them whenever you want.

It's quite slow paced - all of the respawn mechanics are nice but once you've used up your Gulag spawn you're often faced with a long rear end wait to get back in, and in my experience almost nobody bothers and just DCs right away.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Won my first game by following the action of the sane man throughout the ages: hiding in a bathroom with a shotgun.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Wow, what fun trying to join a game and listening to people drop out relentlessly. Ffs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ITS BACK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QIU569M8ak

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Manxome Foe posted:

Yeah, this kind of bums me out

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Post your activision IDs here or in discord and we can add you to the regiment

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah everything about Warzone looks like what I want out of a BR right now but I don't like the gun loot systems these games are using now. Just let me pick up the attachments I want and equip them. Everything else looks awesome though imo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who cares about weapon attachments when you can get entire preset loadout a from a box

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I think it owns.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Haven't tried Warzone yet but yeah I'm warm to the idea. It should keep looting relevant up to the end of the match, rather than stopping once you get all your favorite attachments. And I hated fiddling around with attachments in the middle of matches.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Warzone rips scrote.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Who cares about weapon attachments when you can get entire preset loadout a from a box

How easy are they to come by or whatever? I don't yet have any idea how that works

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

omg chael crash posted:

How easy are they to come by or whatever? I don't yet have any idea how that works

You can buy stuff with in round money that you pick up/get from kills etc. One of those things is an air drop that contains your personal loadouts. pretty cool.

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

I've only played a singled match of the 'Plunder' mode so take that as you will but I was able to choose the loadout that I spawned with from my regular multiplayer setups.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

You automatically deploy your parachute while jumping and drift towards the ground

...unless you manually cut the cord and then plummet until you decide to open it two feet off the ground, or smack into the ground and immediately die.

Which you will do if you aren't a pussy.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

You can buy stuff with in round money that you pick up/get from kills etc. One of those things is an air drop that contains your personal loadouts. pretty cool.

Doing a single contract and the money you get from looting is enough for one of the air drops so it's well worth targeting one in your original drop.

It allows you to get your loadout within the first two-three minutes of around and I expect the cost to be increased soon.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Codo180#3643690

I like this so far and may get back into playing the game

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

jerman999 posted:

Post your activision IDs here or in discord and we can add you to the regiment

Red11789 or red71189

I was like 17 shut up

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

MrClark2#1831

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

First match was kinda hectic, we got 2nd place. the MP ttk has all my reflexes off because you need to keep shooting for a while more if they have armor (they'll always have armor).

Getting a feel for the map and the buildings / hot spots is going to take some time. Our match ended on the outskirts of downtown and it was a match of the stragglers (us) vs the people parked in buildings. Loot felt simple and fine. Loadout boxes weren't rare and it seems like they'll be the go to since you can just set yourself with a MAXIMUM META load out then wreck from there.

Unrelated questions, what would be a good MAXIMUM META load out for me to put together? I'm thinking M4 + M5 to 7?

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

First match was kinda hectic, we got 2nd place. the MP ttk has all my reflexes off because you need to keep shooting for a while more if they have armor (they'll always have armor).

Getting a feel for the map and the buildings / hot spots is going to take some time. Our match ended on the outskirts of downtown and it was a match of the stragglers (us) vs the people parked in buildings. Loot felt simple and fine. Loadout boxes weren't rare and it seems like they'll be the go to since you can just set yourself with a MAXIMUM META load out then wreck from there.

Unrelated questions, what would be a good MAXIMUM META load out for me to put together? I'm thinking M4 + M5 to 7?

Anything with high damage and high magazine sizes. LMG and AR with extended mag wreck.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hell with the gulag respawn and loadout boxes you can (and should) play hyper aggressive at the start. If you die, win your 1v1 then parachute onto a loadout box and be better off than you were at the start.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
They’re definitely going to tweak the loadouts. They’re too easy to come by.

Still, I love how simple and fast paced the game is.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Me playing Plunder for the first time be like

Other people, idiots: Using actual sniper rifles
Me, genius: Using god's own sniper rifle, the Thermal-scoped PKM

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

This may not be obvious so I'll put it out there for people. If you buy the cash deposit balloon, it takes over your field upgrade slot and recharges over time so you don't have to keep on trying to buy it. Also, don't pick up another field upgrade, it will replace the cash balloon, then you'll have to buy another one. Figured this out the hard way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Me playing Plunder for the first time be like

Other people, idiots: Using actual sniper rifles
Me, genius: Using god's own sniper rifle, the Thermal-scoped PKM

I use the PKM with a Sniper Scope and just down snipers all day long with an M4 loaded for fast ADS for close range.

Plunder tip: Bounty Contracts are a trap and should be avoided at all costs. The reward isn't worth the risk and it eats up around 3 1/2 minutes of time you could be using to knock out other contracts. Also if you fail you just gave another team $40k.

Cyks fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 11, 2020