Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Extra Large Marge posted:

Tamaki is pretty cool. She reminds me of Aoi from Virtua Fighter.

She definitely has some of the same moves but her play style is completely different.

Her damage output seems a little low but that could be because I suck. Having a lot of fun with her pressure strings that lead into throws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

HerniaFlange posted:

If you don't want to click the video, Strive seems to have SFIV scaling for combos. A Pot Buster at the end of a 15 hit combo did maybe an HS worth of damage.

whetehr or not strive ends up playing like poo poo only time will tell but that animation loving owns

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

You when you read my posts:

40 lbs to freedom posted:

whetehr or not strive ends up playing like poo poo only time will tell but that animation loving owns

I think the most depressing part of GGIV is going to be that one of the most visually amazing fighting games made to date will also have a fairly healthy chunk of its base abandon it pre-launch even if it's probably still going to be pretty good. Maybe they should have perks for the Granblue mobile game come with it too, that's going to have way more of an effect on casuals buying it than any of the gameplay tweaks they've been trying.

Anyways someone talk me out of buying this dumb thing on Friday.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/limited-run-328-samurai-shodown-v-special-collectors-edition-ps4

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/krakhan/status/1237745583164661761?s=21

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

You can buy it on PSN right now for under $5 and not have to burden yourself with all that extra crap: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0576-CUSA08768_00-SSVS000000000PS4

This version of Samsho 5S is by the same people who did the recent Garou MOTW update and it has the same netcode.

Definitely don't get that Samsho 6 thing they're selling, it's an emulated PS2 game with lots of input lag, skipped frames, etc, plus it's Samsho 6.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can buy it on PSN right now for under $5 and not have to burden yourself with all that extra crap: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0576-CUSA08768_00-SSVS000000000PS4

This version of Samsho 5S is by the same people who did the recent Garou MOTW update and it has the same netcode.

Definitely don't get that Samsho 6 thing they're selling, it's an emulated PS2 game with lots of input lag, skipped frames, etc, plus it's Samsho 6.

I have it on PS4 and Steam already, the extra crap is the point. :smith: Well, also a physical version of this version of the game would be nice but that's hardly necessary. The actual dumb reason I'm not going to get it (besides paying another $60 for a game I own on several platforms) is that I missed all the shock box versions of games they already put out so I'd feel weird only having this one.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://twitter.com/ManeSix/status/1236093644370776064

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
No.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

They should release it 1 day earlier. Heh. Because it is a foolish game. SO FOOLISH.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
On the subject of SamSho, every time I look at SamSho and it's bargain bin price, I'm just like "I should get that... but then again, SSV Special is really loving good, probably has the same amount of people online at this point anyway, more characters, and good netcode."

I'm not sure if SamSho PS4 is supposed to play that drastically different or better than V Special, but.. can't really beat that game's offering especially for its price.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I wanted to get SamSho. A year ago. Even kinda six months ago. Nowadays, I'm mostly over it.

Signed, a PC player.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

CRISPYBABY posted:

I wanted to get SamSho. A year ago. Even kinda six months ago. Nowadays, I'm mostly over it.

Signed, a PC player.

Ah, the "Blazblue/Persona in Europe" experience

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If they take the time to overhaul the netcode for the PC version I will buy it again.

Is timed Stadia exclusivity a real thing? It sure seems like it might be but I've never seen any evidence to suggest it's happened for other games - most of the talk I've seen is about how Google explicitly isn't doing poo poo to get devs to come to Stadia and that's why it's hosed, but if Google didn't buy exclusivity for Samsho then why the gently caress is it taking so long.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/TheHadou/status/1238124343017771009

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Oofmatic has their tweets protected, what did they say?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

HerniaFlange posted:

just some stupid poo poo about how he can call things gay/make fun of gay people if he wants because free speech!!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
GranBlue is out on PC tomorrow why would you need SamSho

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

More like SamNoSho.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Endorph posted:

just some stupid poo poo about how he can call things gay/make fun of gay people if he wants because free speech!!

Oh, so the usual "Free speech means I get to be an rear end in a top hat as much as I want" garbage. Ha ha get hosed.

mango sentinel posted:

GranBlue is out on PC tomorrow why would you need SamSho

2 good games are better than 1 good game. Also Granblue does not have Tam Tam, which is an issue most fighting games seem to have.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Is it weird that I can't find the Granblue store page on Steam?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Is it weird that I can't find the Granblue store page on Steam?

No. Steam sucks rear end and often won't have things listed until release.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

I feel like this isn't on Steam's shoulders. Plenty of games do fine having a page before release. If I were to guess it's probably that the publisher has control of when the page is turned on for the public to see and that Arcsys hasn't done it-- hasn't realized it needs to be done-- or just in general doesn't have someone that knows/is in charge of it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HerniaFlange posted:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

chumbler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSDkU7H9eq4

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

This is on the developer/publisher, not on Steam.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

chumbler posted:

As others have said I'm pretty sure this is up to Xseed or really probably Cygames.

It's weird cause usually Xseed has pages up for their games long before release, but companies like Koei Tecmo almost never put up Steam pages way ahead of time which makes me think there's some belief on the Japanese side of things that there's a downside to having the page up before the game can be purchased.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I just wanted to know if I could VPN to play it tonight but I guess nobody in Japan is playing either right now.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
GranblueVS thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3914225

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

MechaX posted:

On the subject of SamSho, every time I look at SamSho and it's bargain bin price, I'm just like "I should get that... but then again, SSV Special is really loving good, probably has the same amount of people online at this point anyway, more characters, and good netcode."

I'm not sure if SamSho PS4 is supposed to play that drastically different or better than V Special, but.. can't really beat that game's offering especially for its price.

samsho 7 is extremely different to 5s and it's not as good

also the netcode is bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i like both 5s and 7, theyre very different games

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Ryoga posted:

She definitely has some of the same moves but her play style is completely different.

Her damage output seems a little low but that could be because I suck. Having a lot of fun with her pressure strings that lead into throws.

Her damage is low because her pressure is nuts. She's basically never actually unsafe, she's gonna be hit with a nerf bat real hard.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Wait why is Faust in Mistover now? Is that game good? I'm going to assume it's good now.
Edit: Dang it Physical is JP only. There's English support but I don't know if I need a JP account for DLC stuff on Switch like I need for PSN. Probably better to wait for a sale on digital.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Mar 13, 2020

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

HerniaFlange posted:

Wait why is Faust in Mistover now? Is that game good? I'm going to assume it's good now.
Edit: Dang it Physical is JP only. There's English support but I don't know if I need a JP account for DLC stuff on Switch like I need for PSN. Probably better to wait for a sale on digital.

You need a Japanese profile to buy Japanese DLC but you can use the game/dlc on your American account.

There are some games that will use other region’s DLC but I don’t know if mistover is one of them. For what it’s worth, BBTAG is also arcsys and it allows cross-region dlc.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

sharrrk posted:

i like both 5s and 7, theyre very different games

What are the differences, generally?

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Thirsty Dog posted:

about 2

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Thirsty Dog posted:

SS5 has an evasive short hop that's mapped to the D button and a "meditation" mechanic that you can use to activate issen earlier in the round.

SS7 allows you to issen whenever you like (but only once per match) and ditches the short hop.

There's more than that but these are the big ones that I remember.

HerniaFlange
Aug 4, 2013

Also 7 has the whole Lightning Blade system (basically a very Samsho comeback mechanic), fairly different damage levels (there's a video of a VS Haohmaru player landing a 100% damage hit after a very fortunately timed counter-hit), 3 weapon buttons in 7 instead of 2 in VS which has you press them together to get Hard slash, and some gimmicky stuff like suicides and fatalities in VS. There's more for sure, but that's the others I can think of. EDIT: The rage burst mode in 7 also stops the clock so there's some tomfoolery with that.
As much as I like VS I'm not going to pretend there isn't a certain amount of jank feel to it, but it also has a better character set, plays faster, and lets you play a giant Homer Simpson Yokai. I'd still say 7 is great and worth getting, especially now that you can probably get a used copy at a good price to offset the DLC passes, but VS is going to give you more to do. Also it has rollback. You probably aren't going to find any locals for it so that's important.

HerniaFlange fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 13, 2020

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

looks like gran blue is on steam, looked like a great game on console release, any consensus now?

also how's the single player? no gatherings nearby and my Internet is spotty

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Great game. The single player RPG mode is pretty good, too. Played on PC for a couple hours and it seems like a good port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Artelier posted:

looks like gran blue is on steam, looked like a great game on console release, any consensus now?

also how's the single player? no gatherings nearby and my Internet is spotty

It's kinda pricey for what you get but the single player stuff is pretty nice. Load times were brutal on ps4 but barely noticable when running off an ssd on my system. I think coop is bugged to always put the second player on keyboard but other than that I haven't noticed any pc port jank.