Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Fried Watermelon posted:

So as a free to play gamer can I customize the weapons I get in the loadout drop?

Yeah but you have to grind them up from weapon level 1 which is going to be a real pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Eh, I played it some more and it's still solidly "meh"

From another thread, makes sense:

"I thought it was neat until i realised it's rigged against people who don't want to buy or play the full version of cod

you can airdrop in one of your preset loadouts quite easily but farming the unlocks will take for-loving-ever in BR where you don't get many kills, so the people who play the meatgrinder cod modes are going to have perfect minmaxed kits on demand while F2P players have to deal with whatever garbage they find on the map"

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Mar 11, 2020

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
where's Overgrown on the BR map?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

abigserve posted:

This is fun as poo poo and it feels like all the good parts of blackout and all the good parts of pubg. I'm trying to find a negative aspect to it and I'm coming up blank. I miss being able to find scopes actually

:same: PUBG but with blackout quality gameplay is all I’ve wanted from BR and I feel like this is that, and then some. I love how there are always side activities etc.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I've been playing Lone Wolf and can make it into the top 20 pretty easily. It's fun just to snipe randos.

Also, the DM Lobby Pre-Game is loving brilliant. Earning XP for guns and all.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

I won a plunder match last night, the first 10 minutes was everyone trying to land on the roof of the superstore and then counter sniping each other as we tried to get back on the roof via parachute. It is so satisfying shooting people as they try to jump in. The call outs for people approaching is nice but not always timely.

The Oden is the real MVP so far for me. Hard hitting and long distance. Combine that with a PKM and you are laughing.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I love the oden in Warzone it feels overpowered. I really enjoyed the game so far and I am sure there will be lots of changes once the community voices their opinions.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

shut up blegum posted:

- the ping system isn't organic at all. You have to fumble around to use it, it's impossible to say OK or No, it feels half assed. Just copy the Apex Legends system imo.

I think you can at least confirm a squadmate's ping by pinging it as well.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

acksplode posted:

I think you can at least confirm a squadmate's ping by pinging it as well.

There's three dots on the top of the circle that corresponds to your color on the team to show who made the marker and who agrees.

I find marking enemy locations to be pretty unresponsive though. A single click is for a regular marker, double click is enemy marker and clicking a marker again removes it but the game just registers it as me putting a regular down and then removing it instead of an enemy mark.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

That armor break stun has to go

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Plunder is bad. War zone rules.

Also anyone find that bunker area just northeast of the stadium? It’s got multiple doors that have yellow bars over them and there is a keypad you can hit activate on that says “ENTER CODE” or something but no prompt for a number. So I’m wondering if you need to find a piece of paper or this is just weird in game mythology building?

Got a win yesterday and a lot of top five finishes. I’m enjoying it. Started using loadouts that include a sniper rifle and you start becoming very powerful.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

soggybagel posted:

Plunder is bad. War zone rules.

Also anyone find that bunker area just northeast of the stadium? It’s got multiple doors that have yellow bars over them and there is a keypad you can hit activate on that says “ENTER CODE” or something but no prompt for a number. So I’m wondering if you need to find a piece of paper or this is just weird in game mythology building?

Got a win yesterday and a lot of top five finishes. I’m enjoying it. Started using loadouts that include a sniper rifle and you start becoming very powerful.

I found a computer that asks for a password and just buzzes incorrect if you engage it.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Manxome Foe posted:

Eh, I played it some more and it's still solidly "meh"

From another thread, makes sense:

"I thought it was neat until i realised it's rigged against people who don't want to buy or play the full version of cod

you can airdrop in one of your preset loadouts quite easily but farming the unlocks will take for-loving-ever in BR where you don't get many kills, so the people who play the meatgrinder cod modes are going to have perfect minmaxed kits on demand while F2P players have to deal with whatever garbage they find on the map"

sounds like pay 2 win 2 me

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

El Jebus posted:

I found a computer that asks for a password and just buzzes incorrect if you engage it.

I found a "use phone" prompt but it just gave a dial tone.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
They really need to remove the "are you sure" prompt from the warzone buy station.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Arcella posted:

I found a "use phone" prompt but it just gave a dial tone.

Yeah, came here to post this.
There's probably some huge, impossible to stumble upon secret in the map somewhere.
Like when you had to shoot all the mannequins in nuketown.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Running solo, two legendary weapons in hand, seven kills under my belt, game crashes my graphics card because it can't handle the most recent Nvidia drivers. :negative:

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i keep getting a blindingly white blob show up anytime i get near a wall so im thinking they screwed up shadows somehow

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

How do I complete the "ping 'danger' in the world" mission?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

A single thermite xbow bolt will drop you from 3 armor to 10% health which owns

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fart Car '97 posted:

A single thermite xbow bolt will drop you from 3 armor to 10% health which owns

Honestly that isn't that bad. At least it doesn't kill you outright, and health regenerates.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Clark2 posted:

How do I complete the "ping 'danger' in the world" mission?
Double tap up arrow on the dpad

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Fried Watermelon posted:

sounds like pay 2 win 2 me

I like that my multiplayer progression carries over between the two modes. Free mode players do get a few default load outs and can always pick up enemy weapons or if they are grouped with an owner they can drop a loadout for them and grab another one but there is definitely an advantage for those who've been playing CoD for the past few months.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

The lack of weapon variety in Warzone is really irritating. Endless SCAR, MP7 and MG34. Even sniper rifles I find are hard to come by. I know loadout boxes make this a moot point but it would be nice for some variety.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
How are people grouping up on PS4? I’m up for some BR with people and would prefer not dropping solo or with pub view

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DaddyBigBucks posted:

The lack of weapon variety in Warzone is really irritating. Endless SCAR, MP7 and MG34. Even sniper rifles I find are hard to come by. I know loadout boxes make this a moot point but it would be nice for some variety.

They'll probably switch them up seasonally.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Yeah, really enjoying Warzone so far. It feels like the perfect mix pace-wise with all the current BR's.

Only gripes are:

No attachment customization - Doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. Plus I totally get the need to simplify this down for people used to Fortnite and for console players and menu'ing

Loadout drops being so cheap and can be bought for the whole team - Seems pretty OP since everyone will just have their favorite AR+Sniper combo all decked out the moment someone has $4500 instead of "earning" it by looting/killing/surviving till late game like PUBG. Will definitely cut down on weapon variety since everyone will just use the best meta weapons immediately.

No four player squads - Hoping they have legit plans to put this in. Pretty tired of playing musical chairs with my usual gaming crew.

Also, since most players aren't running Ghost, heartbeat sensors are hilariously OP right now.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
There's already cheaters. I dropped in right behind a guy on the initial drop and he landed and pulled out an AR with full ammo and murdered everyone. I'm done.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
If there’s a PS4 regiment, please add me at Nottherealaborn#920296

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Manxome Foe posted:

There's already cheaters. I dropped in right behind a guy on the initial drop and he landed and pulled out an AR with full ammo and murdered everyone. I'm done.

Don't enable cross play?

Constellation I posted:

No attachment customization - Doesn't really bother me as much as I thought it would. Plus I totally get the need to simplify this down for people used to Fortnite and for console players and menu'ing

Loadout drops being so cheap and can be bought for the whole team - Seems pretty OP since everyone will just have their favorite AR+Sniper combo all decked out the moment someone has $4500 instead of "earning" it by looting/killing/surviving till late game like PUBG. Will definitely cut down on weapon variety since everyone will just use the best meta weapons immediately.

No four player squads - Hoping they have legit plans to put this in. Pretty tired of playing musical chairs with my usual gaming crew.

Also, since most players aren't running Ghost, heartbeat sensors are hilariously OP right now.

I agree entirely with the loadout box being OP. I kinda hope they remove it while also increasing the variety of weapons available from boxes and just laying around. You don't even have to buy the box, one just drops for you eventually and they don't seem to attract much interest from other players because they get their own.

Maybe if it was sort of a big event kind of thing? Loud sirens blasting across the map letting people know there is a loadout box about to be airdropped in BUT ONLY 6 PEOPLE CAN USE IT BEFORE IT DISAPPEARS. You want that m4/HDR loadout? Earn it.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
I'm digging the final circle positions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUZM81A3VjI

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

El Jebus posted:

Don't enable cross play?

Cross play is mandatory for GW and WZ.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

They're random Right?

Also the heartbeat sense in mw was worthless because it has a range of like 5 meters. Is it better in warzone?

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Played one game, it was plunder. Killed a team that was hiding out in a house with a minute left (do you get the double cash bonus from player kills too?) and took their half mil. Ended up with 3rd place entirely off of that.

Anyway down to check out the other battle modes. What discord server are we using?

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Beastie posted:

I’m looking at the option right now on ps4. Does it not do anything?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

DaddyBigBucks posted:

At least you find SCARs. I keep getting M13s which are... not ideal for the ranges you fight at in Warzone.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Captain Beans posted:

I’m looking at the option right now on ps4. Does it not do anything?

Every time I have Crossplay Disabled and join WZ or GW it prompts me to turn it back on.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dunno how I feel about it. I like Plunder more than BR because I fuckin hat BR style games. I play COD for the pace and it doesnt carry over well to BR, but at least in plunder you can switch up how you play.

we tend to do a bit of looting then buy a balloon around 150k-300k, once we bank as much as we can we go hunting for the big carriers.

it seems real insane to use the heli pads since they just get camped by snipers who pick you off while their mates scoop up the cash and there is not much you can do about it.

there was more than a few times that we got ambushed totally out of nowhere in the open, from an area we had just cleared too.

not enough character diversity led to more than a few ghost/maces getting the jump on me because we had a ghost in our team.

3 man squads is also annoying because we have a 4 man crew usually so our buddy came on while we were in a game and just sat there annoyed he couldnt play with us.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Beastie posted:

It prompts you for faster matchmaking, it isn’t required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Laserface posted:

I dunno how I feel about it. I like Plunder more than BR because I fuckin hat BR style games. I play COD for the pace and it doesnt carry over well to BR, but at least in plunder you can switch up how you play.

we tend to do a bit of looting then buy a balloon around 150k-300k, once we bank as much as we can we go hunting for the big carriers.

it seems real insane to use the heli pads since they just get camped by snipers who pick you off while their mates scoop up the cash and there is not much you can do about it.

there was more than a few times that we got ambushed totally out of nowhere in the open, from an area we had just cleared too.

not enough character diversity led to more than a few ghost/maces getting the jump on me because we had a ghost in our team.

3 man squads is also annoying because we have a 4 man crew usually so our buddy came on while we were in a game and just sat there annoyed he couldnt play with us.

Plunder is such a good game mode, it should really be the flagship mode.

If anyone hasn’t tried out plunder, should give it a shot because it’s cool and good. The best part of BR mode is the kill the target missions and plunder is like one big kill the target mission but there are like 10 top targets to steal from.