Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

is that literally just a grattler palette swap

what the gently caress, de

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Rorac posted:

Dex Liset skin

Ahh poo poo. Knew I forgot something.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
Belated comment on the "railjack boarding weapon" subject: the Shedu modded for Corrosive is still highly effective in Veil Proxima, especially if you catch the boarders right as they're entering the railjack or if you trap them in CC. Granted, by the time you grind up a Shedu most people are about done with the current jackin' content, but we'll see what Scarlet Spear / The New War brings.

Seconding melee as the real answer though, put on Naramon and Drifting Contact / Body Count, max out your combo counter on the first crewship, then happily do whatever role you like, secure in the knowledge that you'll still have like 9x combo counter by the time you need to whip out your melee weapon again.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Finally got a simple Intensify mod for my Nyx. Being able to strip armor right off of high level grineer is really nice. They just kind of vanish after that.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Kestral posted:

Belated comment on the "railjack boarding weapon" subject: the Shedu modded for Corrosive is still highly effective in Veil Proxima, especially if you catch the boarders right as they're entering the railjack or if you trap them in CC. Granted, by the time you grind up a Shedu most people are about done with the current jackin' content, but we'll see what Scarlet Spear / The New War brings.

Seconding melee as the real answer though, put on Naramon and Drifting Contact / Body Count, max out your combo counter on the first crewship, then happily do whatever role you like, secure in the knowledge that you'll still have like 9x combo counter by the time you need to whip out your melee weapon again.

plenty of people with no experience on railjack have farmed shedu off goons who have end game ships so.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

wheres that grattler pack from

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Corbeau posted:

Okay, is there some reason I just don't grasp as to why Swirling Tiger isn't completely insane due to it's base combo?

fwiw because right now everything kinda is

I posted before about Telos Boltace because I thought it was the best ever now, but I guess yours is too :shobon:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

wheres that grattler pack from

PS4 specific Renown Pack XVIII, makes me wish they'd make 17 available again cause that had a sweet ephemera

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I missed getting Lotus in Smash Bros. and I'm kinda upset by it even though I don't use spirits at all.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I'm thinking about getting into this after building my new PC. Is the OP still up to date?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

genericnick posted:

I'm thinking about getting into this after building my new PC. Is the OP still up to date?

Yeah, some things have been added/changed but they are mostly for later in the game. Join the clan and join the discord.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

throw to first drat IT posted:

Yeah, some things have been added/changed but they are mostly for later in the game. Join the clan and join the discord.

Thanks, I'll gently caress around a bit first and see if I feel like sticking with it.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

Corbeau posted:

Finally got a simple Intensify mod for my Nyx. Being able to strip armor right off of high level grineer is really nice. They just kind of vanish after that.

Stuff like intensify is fairly rare early, but by mid/late game vets are rolling in them.

TRADE WITH GOONS!
Hope in discord, check the basic essentials list at the top (https://pastebin.com/GyVg3cEu) and then ask for someone on your platform to see if they can meet up and trade.
Let us bitter vets shower you with shiny things.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

genericnick posted:

Thanks, I'll gently caress around a bit first and see if I feel like sticking with it.

Sensible, tho I would suggest joining Discord because the game is not very good at explaining some things and being able to just ask about them makes everything simpler.

Ashye
Jul 29, 2013

genericnick posted:

I'd say to mess around with the movement system to see if its you're cup of tea.
Jump, bullet jump, roll, slide and the various ways to combo them all together.

Also 2nd/nth'ing join discord, even if just to ask Dumb Newbie Questions. Something explained well in game is somewhat of a unicorn in rarity.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ashye posted:

Stuff like intensify is fairly rare early, but by mid/late game vets are rolling in them.

TRADE WITH GOONS!
Hope in discord, check the basic essentials list at the top (https://pastebin.com/GyVg3cEu) and then ask for someone on your platform to see if they can meet up and trade.
Let us bitter vets shower you with shiny things.

Seconding this.
Nobody really needs more than 1 copy of these mods, and all the old goons with huge playtimes have dozens. Either they melt them down for pennies worth of endo or they trade them to cute newbies and expand their collection of Ammo Drum cards.
When it gets to rarer but still-really-core mods like Fleeting Expertise, they're a little harder to get but you can still find goons to do vault runs with to farm one up, or occasionally people who have an extra and wanna give it away.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Corbeau posted:

Okay, is there some reason I just don't grasp as to why Swirling Tiger isn't completely insane due to it's base combo? Hitting six times incredibly fast just obliterates enemies, even sortie enemies, with my old Dual Ethers modded for viral. I keep trying other melee weapons, most recently a Dragon Nikana trying both Decisive Judgment and Blind Justice, and they just cannot match the absurdity of the blender. I'm assuming it's because other stances are based on bigger individual hits, but Swirling Tiger's flurry of light attacks stacks viral immediately.

The Nikana series is really good for stacking slash procs while also having decent reach and attack speed. Nik P can even be modded to have over 100% crit chance rate. A lot of people find dual blades eh because of the awkward stances for them, but if you got something that works for you don't let anyone else stop you!

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Switch gettin a fragor opal skin in the new esteem pack :getin:

Also Frost I guess

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Switch gettin a fragor opal skin in the new esteem pack :getin:

Also Frost I guess

meh, it's not a giant ballsack that somehow increases swing speed

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Inzombiac posted:

I missed getting Lotus in Smash Bros. and I'm kinda upset by it even though I don't use spirits at all.

Event spirits do eventually enter regular board circulation

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hey, is the Baza Prime worth pouring forma into? Silenced machine gun sounds extremely my poo poo now that I've made Ivara Prime trickystrong and pretty to boot, but I'd like something that I can rely on in decently difficult content.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm relatively early on, but there's lots of better players with 4+ forma builds of Baza prime floating around. I love the gun and have 2 formas in mine - I'd have more, but I need endo to keep leveling mods to need it!

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Screaming Idiot posted:

Hey, is the Baza Prime worth pouring forma into? Silenced machine gun sounds extremely my poo poo now that I've made Ivara Prime trickystrong and pretty to boot, but I'd like something that I can rely on in decently difficult content.

It's got top tier damage as far as bullet hoses go, just be aware that it has a 50% damage falloff at long range.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

pork never goes bad posted:

I'm relatively early on, but there's lots of better players with 4+ forma builds of Baza prime floating around. I love the gun and have 2 formas in mine - I'd have more, but I need endo to keep leveling mods to need it!

2 forma will fit a very solid viral/HM build on the Baza Prime and is where I'd actually recommend stopping unless/until you have a riven or Primed Cryo Rounds.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Good to know - I think I'm missing some relatively efficient mods (like I only have the toxin and heat 60/60s for example) so maybe I'm trying to get more capacity than I need with optimal mods.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

pork never goes bad posted:

Good to know - I think I'm missing some relatively efficient mods (like I only have the toxin and heat 60/60s for example) so maybe I'm trying to get more capacity than I need with optimal mods.

I think you only need the elec 60/60 mod more. I never really found the cold one a necessity. Sadly I think the elec ones are event rewards or baro

Screaming Idiot posted:

Since they added weapon exilus mods I just put hush on already existing bullet hoses. there's no amazing must have exilus mods anyways.

That being said I love the baza prime, there's something about it's animation and sound that is extremely satisfying

Guilty fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 12, 2020

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Cold 60/60s aren't too hard to farm if you wiki their locations (mostly spies I think?). But remember you can always ask people in Clan if they have spares of any mod. The answer might be no, but doesn't hurt to ask.

Baza P is also very accurate if I recall correctly, so it has advantages in some cases over say, Soma Prime. If you like the gunfeel, almost any gun is worth putting forma into. I bet there's a Seer fanatic out there somewhere.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I think the elec 60/60 drops from hive caches.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Yeah elec 60/60 for rifles and shotguns is a like 5% chance from third hive cache. The pistol one is Baro only now! The other three aren't too hard to get - I'm finding spy missions hardest to learn but I'm getting there, and corrupted Vor is kinda tough, but if my frame has high dps or is tough then it's not so bad. I'm getting to the point where I need to make a list of mods I need and where to get them - I default to questing, progressing the star chart, or Hydron pretty much every time I log on and things are getting hard enough where I should really farm up a few more mods. Particularly for frames, pistols, and shotguns.

I also checked my Baza - I only have 1 forma in so far, because it starts with a polarity. It's definitely my favorite gun to use - the gunfeel is so great, it's pinpoint accurate, it procs so much hunmun, and the silent is just a bonus. I am more effective/lethal with some other guns, but between Baza Prime, Hek, and Ignis Wraith I feel like I have a great gun in 3 main styles - bullet hose, one-shot one-kill, and, uhh, death hose.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Screaming Idiot posted:

Brother, have you heard the good word about the Fulmin? It's a silent, electric gun with infinite ammo that fires 3m wide "bullets" that have 3m punch-through. Alt-fire removes the silencer and turns it into a full auto noisemaker. Groups of enemies die with an incredibly satisfying *crunch*. I have a hard time using anything else these days, though my silenced Kuva Nukor is getting an awful lot of playtime.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Set up a loadout config slot to be a random roll slot. Spices things up, I had to take down a Kuva Lich yesterday with Mag, Telos Boltor, and I think Lex Prime.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

El Spamo posted:

Set up a loadout config slot to be a random roll slot. Spices things up, I had to take down a Kuva Lich yesterday with Mag, Telos Boltor, and I think Lex Prime.

I really don't want to fight liches with all unpotatoed weapons

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
potato all your weapons problem solved

For real though, that is a valid concern. All three were primed, so got a potato by default, I'm not sure I'd have chosen a lich mission if the weapons and frame were less well modded. Might've done a nice chill Lith fracture or something.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Screaming Idiot posted:

Note thar your jellyfishframe doesn't have to be married to Baza. Any gun can fit Hush in its exilus slot, with enough forma.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Note thar your jellyfishframe doesn't have to be married to Baza. Any gun can fit Hush in its exilus slot, with enough forma.

This is why I use Fulmin with my Ivara P. :getin:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Amprex Ivara is super fun and chill on Survival.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

use a bow with ivara, as god intended, and just shoot through the geometry to disable cameras and decapitate sentry guards

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
unless that bow is Lenz, don't bother carrying one when you can just use the exalted one

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've also been pretty happy with the Concentrated Arrow augment. That explosive headshot's really fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I think the elec 60/60 drops from hive caches.

The easiest way to farm all the elec dual stat mods is to ask kxZyle nicely in Discord, much better drop rates.