Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hmmm. Nothing really fits together yet. Game's not throwing us a ton of clues honestly. Not sure where Date fits into Hitomi's story either, since obviously he was present when Hitomi was shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

In this video, our case has a real breakout moment!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Aren't we underground? What's this guy's big plan here exactly?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

SSNeoman posted:

Aren't we underground? What's this guy's big plan here exactly?

to use Pewter as a hostage to get to an elevator? Then walk out the front door?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

In this video, we're going to start trying to unfuck ourselves and pay back on some of the promises we've made.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
This vid proves Moma is one of the best better characters in this game.

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Date sure is a dream date: shows up almost two hours late and takes you to visit his friend the mobster he has known for all of one day.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

klafbang posted:

Date sure is a dream date: shows up almost two hours late and takes you to visit his friend the mobster he has known for all of one day.

And he won't even play ShovelForge with you.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

This entire video is the best.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been really enjoying this lp!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

clockwork chaos posted:

Just wanted to pop in and say I've been really enjoying this lp!

Always glad to hear that.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

Our date with Iris is officially underway, and we start by getting something to eat and talking some more about parallel universes.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Dang Date, tone it down. You too Iris and Ota!

LegzMackenzie
Feb 15, 2010
Absolutely love this game - was bummed to have finished it earlier on in the week. This LP is the fix I need - thank you!

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I'm so glad Iris knows about the Berenstein Effect.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

In this video:

Also, here is the BGM I was talking about in the video.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Another video!

This time, the plot greatly thickens, and we have a decision to make.

Here's the poll!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh hey, there's an LP for this game.

I finished this game very recently and boy was it a wild ride!

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So I'm not overly familiar with games in this vein, so how likely ("likely" as in anyone's opinion from past experiences) is it that this game will end with "It really was the Illuminati/whatever secret society we chose to talk about"?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd just find that really disappointing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sorry can we real quick discuss how Date made a pin-point perfect shot, somehow managing to instantly adjust his aim for having only one eye?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

LJN92 posted:

So I'm not overly familiar with games in this vein, so how likely ("likely" as in anyone's opinion from past experiences) is it that this game will end with "It really was the Illuminati/whatever secret society we chose to talk about"?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd just find that really disappointing.

It is about equally possible that some wild concept that is just brought up out of the blue is either entirely the correct solution or that it's a complete red herring.

That's just how Uchi rolls.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

drat, those gunmen must've come from Shadow Moses

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

clockwork chaos posted:

drat, those gunmen must've come from Shadow Moses

Then Date must be Revolver Ocelot

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

that sequence was incredible

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Alright, let's call the poll.

Looks like Iris has been quite convincing, as 18 voters believe her and only 7 don't.

I'll be recording tomorrow and might already have the video done then too. If not, it should be there by Sunday.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

This time, we Let's Play a Let's Play with Iris and use the greatest power humanity has available to it.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

This is fantastic.

Not sure what that last action could mean, though...

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Iris' song is way too catchy

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:dance::peanut::dance:

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
It really is incredible how this game keeps getting more and more ridiculous. I mean that in the best possible way.

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

So I was thinking; given the game is trying to suggest the idea that Somnium affects the real world, maybe rather than merely being a decision to believe Iris or not, this is actually where the game decides if Naix is real or not? Like by believing Iris via Somnium, you will Naix into existence, and the choice represents two parallel worlds.

Of course that's assuming the game really plans on having all the pseudo-science stuff be true.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Shovelforge Aiba is adorable.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

This time, we decide upon our next steps now that we've decided we believe Iris that there is a secret society trying to kill her.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's weird how half the time 'summarize for me' means 'summarize for me' and the other half it means 'leave this place'

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I made the mistake of paying attention to Moma's mouth and now I can't unsee how his upper teeth shift around when he talks. It's seriously unsettling!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ota, Date and Moma need to settle down a notch. Geeze, guys keep it in your pants.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Hey, it's April 1st!

You know what that means!

That's right!

It's Monaca's birthday, and absolutely nothing else.

To celebrate, here's a new video!

In this episode, we get some big twists and plot developments, so you know it's going to be exciting!

Tau Wedel
Aug 3, 2007

I'm fine. Everything's fine. There is no reason to worry.
Well, uh... we learned something new, so I guess that counts as progress in the investigation? (Also I had to look up what exactly the deal with Renju's watch was, so if anyone else needs the reminder: Video 11, at 6:50.)

It's rather frustrating that the game seems to have completely forgotten about one particular line of investigation: what happened the night Iris was killed/not killed. We know that she was streaming late at night, and someone came to her house and interrupted her. But we don't know who it was, or whether she left her house with that person, or what they talked about, or anything else. Iris refused to answer Date's questions about it because she wanted him to stick around and protect her, which is fair enough, but that's all out in the open now. There's no reason she couldn't tell Date about what happened that night. Instead, neither Iris nor Date have brought it up at all. I'm sure it'll come up again eventually, but still.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

New video!

This time, we try to rescue Iris. We will learn new things, and things get a lot more intense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

I think I can safely say this is the point where the game has lost any semblance of seriousness it might have yet possessed.