Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Luigi's Mansion 3 is the best Switch game available currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
Trip report; I bought RoundGuard because Peggle is my jam. It's aight. Probably not worth $20 right now. Feels very bare bones and luck based. Everything seems to drain your health. Also, the physics are not as fun as Peggle. You cannot angle yourself so that you slide down a curved row of pegs. I'd say this is a grab on sale game.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Peach has had enough of your poo poo.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Cartoon Man posted:

Mama Mia!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cartoon Man posted:

So they've responded to the complaint of too many sword characters in Smash by just giving everyone else swords too??

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Nintendo must release Animal Crossing now to combat COVID19

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

American McGay posted:

Luigi's Mansion 3 is the best Switch game available currently.

Even after beating it, I wouldn't recommend it for more than $30. The controls can be frustrating and it becomes repetitive.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Animal Crossing is digitized chicken soup. Nintendo is actively harming the public by not releasing it early. I fully support AC4A.

Live Free
Jan 5, 2019

by VideoGames

No. 6 posted:

Even after beating it, I wouldn't recommend it for more than $30. The controls can be frustrating and it becomes repetitive.

it's a great game if you like fighting ghosts and solving puzzles in a haunted hotel with lots of themed floors

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Your Computer posted:

:pram:

fwiw, unfortunately the demos are.... notoriously bad. They do a terrible job of introducing you to the games, do a terrible job of selling what is good about the games and just generally feel like they aren't made for anyone (definitely not for new players, also terrible for veteran players). All they do is throw you into combat with a monster with zero explanation and it can be very frustrating. For comparison, in the actual games it will actually take you a while before you fight you first "real" monster and you're gradually introduced to the world and mechanics.

it's one of those things the series has always struggled with and it's a shame. A lot of people (myself included) actually got turned off on the game after playing the demo, only to discover they actually loved it once they tried the real game :shobon: Anyway if you ever have any monhun-related questions to get a better feel for it, don't hesitate to post in the monhun thread and people would love to help out.

It was funny when Capcom put out a "beta" for Iceborne and it just turned out to be the fight three different monsters demo again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No. 6 posted:

I disagree. Every floor was pretty interesting to me and the game controls great if you use the alternate controls. You should only be using the sticks with trigger and shoulder buttons ideally. Playing with the face buttons suck.

There were a few boss encounters that weren’t as good as they could have been but I think it’s the best in the series still.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yeah Luigi's Mansion 3 is great, sucks to hear that one guy didn't like it but it's worth full price and is fun.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
What is your anime tolerance level? Fire Emblem: Three Houses is easily one of the best games on switch.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Gripweed posted:

My Switch started loving up last year and I wanted to play Death Stranding so I sold it and bought a PS4. But I beat Death Stranding and now Animal Crossing is coming out so I bought a new Switch. What Switch games have I missed in the last, 8 months or so I guess? The last thing I remember, everybody was really excited for To All Mankind. Has that gotten an English release yet?

Link's Awakening.
Fire Emblem 3H

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

No. 6 posted:

Hmm, wrong.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Spyro: Reignited Trilogy.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pungry posted:

I never played these until playing these on Switch. It seems to be a really good port. They’re beautiful games.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

A dissenting opinion getting dogpiled in a Nintendo thread? I never!

In all seriousness, the puzzles were a mixed bag. The art was great but the gameplay is basically a pixel hunt interspersed with smashing a single button to slam ghosts around. It isn't really challenging and I haven't felt the desire to touch it again since competing the main story.

Maybe I just feel it is too similar to the 3DS game (which is also repetitive).

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I'm nearing the end of LM3. It's OK. I wouldn't give it a recommend. It's mostly, see a circle? Press Y. See a place where something isn't? Press X. See some fabric? Press R. Dunno. It's definitely not bad, but I was pretty bored with it by floor 9 and there's like 15 floors. Eh.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

No. 6 posted:

A dissenting opinion getting dogpiled in a Nintendo thread? I never!

In all seriousness, the puzzles were a mixed bag. The art was great but the gameplay is basically a pixel hunt interspersed with smashing a single button to slam ghosts around. It isn't really challenging and I haven't felt the desire to touch it again since competing the main story.

Maybe I just feel it is too similar to the 3DS game (which is also repetitive).

I mean is upwards of 3 people not allowed to disagree with you?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pungry posted:

nah, not falling for that. PS1 platformers were dogshit. All the Crash Bandicoot games were terrible. When they got rereleased and everybody gaslit themselfs into thinking they were good, I held firm. They and always were bad.

Jawdins posted:

What is your anime tolerance level? Fire Emblem: Three Houses is easily one of the best games on switch.

I like to think I'm reasonably tolerant of things that aren't anime

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Wow, an entire page of wrong opinions!

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I've never played an Animal Crossing game. I'm tempted to get this one that's coming out soon, but I know nothing about it.

What's so good about the series? Sell me on it.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Inu posted:

I've never played an Animal Crossing game. I'm tempted to get this one that's coming out soon, but I know nothing about it.

it's a cute game to relax with. talk to your animal neighbors, catch bugs, go shopping, decorate your house. this new one looks like it also has a lot of emphasis with starting as a deserted island and slowly building it up to a more traditional animal crossing town and lots of control on what the landscape looks like

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Inu posted:

It has the chillest background music that changes depending on the time of day.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How is child of light ?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Gripweed posted:

nah, not falling for that. PS1 platformers were dogshit. All the Crash Bandicoot games were terrible. When they got rereleased and everybody gaslit themselfs into thinking they were good, I held firm. They and always were bad.

I like to think I'm reasonably tolerant of things that aren't anime

The early Spyro games are good as gently caress, honestly.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

fit em all up in there posted:

How is child of light ?

It's a buy-it-on-sale game. The animations and graphics are nice and have a sort of storybook aesthetic, overlaid with a soundtrack by Coeur de Pirate, who I quite like. The story (what I played of it anyway) is very straightforward and the gameplay is fine but feels limited. Early on you get the power to fly around the map, and while you'd think that would be freeing in an RPG, I found myself getting lost a lot and eventually put it down.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Unrelated to anything: do any of you have this primordial brain tic that causes you to hoard Frog Suits and Hammer Suits in SMB3 even though they're only useful on a few parts of the game? It's the same wrinkle in my consciousness that causes me to never use Megalixers because they're special

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy is a lot of fun. I'm not sure why people hate that and crash bandicoot so much.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Heath posted:

Unrelated to anything: do any of you have this primordial brain tic that causes you to hoard Frog Suits and Hammer Suits in SMB3 even though they're only useful on a few parts of the game? It's the same wrinkle in my consciousness that causes me to never use Megalixers because they're special

How am I supposed to know if I needed them or not until I've made it past all the level's challenges?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Actually I find myself doing the reverse thinking as I age.

"I'm just gonna use my stuff. I know from experience that if I regret it later, I have it in me to soldier on through."

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Peacoffee posted:

the Spyro: Reignited Trilogy is a lot of fun. I'm not sure why people hate that and crash bandicoot so much.

I notice it in a certain age of person. People slightly younger than me (I was 11-14 during the PS1's heyday) seem to love Crash and especially Spyro while people slightly older than me tend to like them less. I feel like it depends on when it hit you in your life.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Peacoffee posted:

I was an N64 kid and I just played it for the first time this month. I think it’s pretty fun. It’s no Mario 64 but I see why people like them. I haven’t tried Crash yet.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fit em all up in there posted:

How is child of light ?

Very enjoyable

There are a few extremely cringeworthy rhymes in the English translation, but it's a sweet beautiful story with basic but fun RPG combat

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

a7m2 posted:

I've been put in quarantine (in my own apartment thankfully) for twelve days. Day 3 and I'm already bored out of my mind. What are some immersive games I can play until Animal Crossing comes out?

witcher 3!! now thats a quality time sink

return of obra dinn is a must play game if you haven't

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Are the Spyro games collectathons?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bulgakov posted:

return of obra dinn is a must play game if you haven't

hello yes i heard the words 'obra dinn' and i am obligated to burst into the thread and tell everyone that it's a masterpiece and one of the finest games ever created

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Peacoffee posted:

The Crash remakes hosed up the collision box for Crash (he's now () shaped instead of [] shaped which means if your jump isn't perfect he slides backwards into pits instead of catching on the lip of the other side) so the platforming is harder than the original titles, so everyone is playing them and thinking "oh wow this is bullshit hard I guess Crash Bandicoot was actually always bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

The Crash remakes hosed up the collision box for Crash (he's now () shaped instead of [] shaped which means if your jump isn't perfect he slides backwards into pits instead of catching on the lip of the other side) so the platforming is harder than the original titles, so everyone is playing them and thinking "oh wow this is bullshit hard I guess Crash Bandicoot was actually always bad"
Definitely this for the Crash Trilogy, and the Spyro Trilogy put the camera way too zoomed in to the player character which, at least in my opinion, makes gliding, charging in anything other than a straight line, and swimming way looser and less enjoyable.

Otherwise really nice family friendly trilogies of games.