Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

insane take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

perfect blue is really good

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

NienNunb posted:

Here's a hot take: Shenmue >>> any Yakuza game

but yakuza is shenmue with the addiction of “fun”

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Be nice to me only

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
goddamn my dog’s new treats smell fuckin good

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

yea ok posted:

It was

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Watched an employee in gamestop get bitched out for licking his thumb and using it to separate bags. Then my dude made go on a scavenger hunt in his yard because he's self quarantining. Kinda novel, I'm living it.

I'm not really that super freaked out by the virus thing because its just another thing in the long list of poo poo that MIGHT kill you. Look you could die taking a dump. its crazy, but you gotta go with it. Oh and that list? its like Jericho's list except instead of armbar its car crash that gets repeated a whole bunch.

seriosuly why doesn't america not public transport more? Even the orange dipshit knows massive public building projects are tolerable sources of grift as long as there's a net public improvement.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

WatermelonGun posted:

it was a bad post but you are in absolutely no position to complain about anyone else being a downer itt

I don't talk about how everyone and their loved ones is gonna die or whatever; I'll talk about my own personal anxieties and whatnot ITT, but I acknowledge that's what they are and that my brain is hosed. "we're all going to die lol" isn't being down or worried about something, it's having a thin veil of detachment over nihilism that helps absolutely nothing. When I post some of the downer poo poo I do, admittedly sometimes it's me trying to get poo poo off my chest or cry out for help but point me to one instance where I said nothing matters and the bad thing will always be bad, or "welp, pack it in guys! It's the end times! Been a good run, lol".

It's why I almost categorically refuse to engage with anyone on the internet re: US politics at this point even though it's something I'm thoroughly invested in.

Admittedly I probably was especially snippy about it because I've been seeing all kinds of poo poo on Twitter re: the aforementioned subjects that had/have me on a hair trigger (not to mention this quarantine is starting to feel weird) but c'mon man. don't try to honestly tell me it's the same thing.

In unrelated happy news goddamn I'm enjoying the poo poo outta Borderlands 3 and now that it's out on Steam I'll be able to play it with a couple friends of mine thanks to cross platform play. :)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

yea ok posted:

Yeah man it's a trip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There are few things in life that give me as much joy as when Monkey D. Luffy completely ruins some self-important monstrous rear end in a top hat's entire day, especially if they've spent a lot of time telling him what a loser far beneath their notice he is :allears:

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

SamuraiFoochs posted:

In unrelated happy news goddamn I'm enjoying the poo poo outta Borderlands 3 and now that it's out on Steam I'll be able to play it with a couple friends of mine thanks to cross platform play. :)

Who is your VH of choice? (I’ve put about 120 hours in as Amara on PS4.)

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

There are few things in life that give me as much joy as when Monkey D. Luffy completely ruins some self-important monstrous rear end in a top hat's entire day, especially if they've spent a lot of time telling him what a loser far beneath their notice he is :allears:

im almost through with alabasta in my re-read hehe

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yea ok posted:

im almost through with alabasta in my re-read hehe

I just got up to Punk Hazard on my re-read, and watching the show for the first time I just got to the part of Whole Cake Island where Luffy crashes the tea party. It's so much loving fun :allears:

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't talk about how everyone and their loved ones is gonna die or whatever; I'll talk about my own personal anxieties and whatnot ITT, but I acknowledge that's what they are and that my brain is hosed. "we're all going to die lol" isn't being down or worried about something, it's having a thin veil of detachment over nihilism that helps absolutely nothing. When I post some of the downer poo poo I do, admittedly sometimes it's me trying to get poo poo off my chest or cry out for help but point me to one instance where I said nothing matters and the bad thing will always be bad, or "welp, pack it in guys! It's the end times! Been a good run, lol".

It's why I almost categorically refuse to engage with anyone on the internet re: US politics at this point even though it's something I'm thoroughly invested in.

Admittedly I probably was especially snippy about it because I've been seeing all kinds of poo poo on Twitter re: the aforementioned subjects that had/have me on a hair trigger (not to mention this quarantine is starting to feel weird) but c'mon man. don't try to honestly tell me it's the same thing.

sorry my one sentence shitpost made you feel so bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't start this bullshit up again, change the discussion to something else.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yeah lets talk One Piece more it rules

Franky's my fave and Water 7/Enies Lobby is the best arc

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The way they convince Franky to join the crew is the best :lol:

And yes, Water 7/Enies Lobby is probably the absolute best arc they have ever done, though the ones that followed have mostly been great as well. It felt like a perfect storm (no pun intended) where everything builds to a perfect climax as Usopp realizes how they are going to get away :hellyeah:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ive only read up to dressrosa before, specifically the volume or chapter or w/e that ends with sugar and usopp making funney loving faces lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo, that leads to something incredible, enjoy!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The current arc is very good, you can tell Oda's been wanting to write this one for ages

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

frankly if the current quality keeps up wano arc is probably gonna wind up my new favorite

odeeeeeennnn :negative: :cry:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oden :negative:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

A man's dream never dies, Luffy will crack those borders wide open

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i have a flight out of JFK on monday lmao

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

extradite THIS! posted:

I’m watching Perfect Blue. Know nothing about it apart from it being a classic and also terrifying

The main character is learning how to use the internet and the first thing she finds is someone’s extremely creepy fanpage of her. That’s the internet for ya, even in 1997 lol

Oh Man! You are in for a treat if you like terrifying stuff! Paranoia Agent is also good. Paprika, Kon's other work, is such a mind screw in terms of its beautiful visuals.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I burned through Dorohedoro over the past couple weeks, very good and funny and weird

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I found KillJoys on VRV which is shaping up to be a fun little sci fi bounty hunters live action. "He's not a mark, he's my brother!"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

Oh Man! You are in for a treat if you like terrifying stuff! Paranoia Agent is also good. Paprika, Kon's other work, is such a mind screw in terms of its beautiful visuals.

tokyo godfatehrs & millennium actress are good too hell all his stuff is great. sucks hes dead lol

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

TTBF posted:

I spend so much time watching gem cutting youtube that i'm thinking of actually signing up for gem cutting classes.

TTBF posted:

I found classes and I'm gonna sign up!

e: I signed up!

It was really fun! My gem is very pretty. The teacher liked it so much he showed it off to other staff. It doesn't look anything like I thought it would when I picked the agate. I'd have chosen a different section of the agate to turn into a gem if I had realized the final shape. But now I do know and I can try to make a pretty gem on purpose next time!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

TTBF posted:

It was really fun! My gem is very pretty. The teacher liked it so much he showed it off to other staff. It doesn't look anything like I thought it would when I picked the agate. I'd have chosen a different section of the agate to turn into a gem if I had realized the final shape. But now I do know and I can try to make a pretty gem on purpose next time!

gently caress yeah i love when people get new hobbies, the enthusiasm makes me want to start a new hobby. could you make me some quartz trucknutz

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Now I wanna get into gems

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i've got an uncut gem for you to polish right here... *motions to genitals, which is a rough shard of tourmaline protruding from my crotch*

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
all the goons are gonna get into conflict diamonds again smdh

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Now I wanna get into gems

It's super fun! It's like wood working except everything is safer, the grit on the grinders are much higher, and the result is much smaller. On the bright side though even a beginner can turn out beautiful gems. If you get into silver working then you can also turn the gems into jewelry. Maybe once I get my lapidary skill up I can look into that.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol my month and a half of leave off of work ends monday, and i called to find out we're starting work from home. it feels good to be the king

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There was someone in this chat who was leery of watching Knives Out because puking is a plot point.

I was wary for the same reason as you and it's not that bad. They don't crank up the sound effect and it's all done into an object. It was okay for me, so if that sounds like it wouldn't be too bad, I would highly recommend the movie.

TLDR: Knives Out is real good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yes, please go out of your way to see Knives Out, it's such a fun movie.

yea ok posted:

lol my month and a half of leave off of work ends monday, and i called to find out we're starting work from home. it feels good to be the king

gently caress that's awesome.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

There was someone in this chat who was leery of watching Knives Out because puking is a plot point.

I was wary for the same reason as you and it's not that bad. They don't crank up the sound effect and it's all done into an object. It was okay for me, so if that sounds like it wouldn't be too bad, I would highly recommend the movie.

TLDR: Knives Out is real good.

uhh did you finish the movie cuz that last bit was pretty gross

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

WatermelonGun posted:

uhh did you finish the movie cuz that last bit was pretty gross

Actually the screen I was watching it on cut out during the last ten minutes. I only had sound.

I rescind my earlier statement :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Actually the screen I was watching it on cut out during the last ten minutes. I only had sound.

I rescind my earlier statement :smith:

lol awesome. the movie is good but there’s a face full of vomit at the end.