Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Pharohman777 posted:

Been seeing these blazing hot takes trying to justify crunch, by people whose last interaction with Nintendo products appears to be in the snes era.

realistic graphics are overrated, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thinking about an animal crossing with extremely realistic graphics and I do not like it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Isabelle might lose some fans, but game some new ones

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Thinking about an animal crossing with extremely realistic graphics and I do not like it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're all just gonna throw their PS4s away when it comes to PC.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

https://twitter.com/FrowningVirus94/status/1238006272965750786

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
PS4 gamers hate when things that were exclusive end up on PC because they can't stand the sight of graphics settings pages

gaming on a high end pc sucks actually because loading screens are too short to pack bowls

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 14, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

SeXReX posted:

PS4 gamers hate when things that were exclusive end up on PC because they can't stand the sight of graphics settings pages

gaming on a high end pc sucks actually because loading screens are too short to pack bowls

rip those games that use loading screens as tutorial tips and move practice

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

rip those games that use loading screens as tutorial tips and move practice

I mean like half the time the tips are poo poo like "taking damage reduces your health points" so I guess yeah someone who is brand loyal needs that kind of reminder

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

im thinking more about games like bayonetta where the loading screens are also the game's practice room

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

SeXReX posted:

just eat the weed in candy form dang

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

It's like this old meme, only you're supposed to come to the conclusion that Nintendo is bad

sorry but i would genuinely play any of those other games over splatoon and a nice art style doesnt save it.

i like tlou and i like animal crossing and crunch is bad.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

also as a person with a good pc who mostly games on pc i dont like the lol console owners thing bcos its def a privilege to be able to afford a good pc over a console. what im saying is: im the perfect one who is wonderful

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Definitely worth 70% turnover.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just got the bad end of Xillia 2, what other games make you fight all your other party members if you make the wrong choice I'm sure I've done it before.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I just got the bad end of Xillia 2, what other games make you fight all your other party members if you make the wrong choice I'm sure I've done it before.

SMT 4: Apocalypse

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Reading that article about Naughty Dog, it's pretty clear that they are coasting on institutional inertia, Amy Hennig got pushed out because she didn't want to crunch, and they are only able to ship products with their completely dysfunctional system because Sony keeps infusing them with capital and talking them up as a prestige brand

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Stux posted:

also as a person with a good pc who mostly games on pc i dont like the lol console owners thing bcos its def a privilege to be able to afford a good pc over a console. what im saying is: im the perfect one who is wonderful

There's a difference between only being able to afford the cheaper option and thinking it's better hth

https://twitter.com/romhackingnet/status/1238956580269215745?s=19

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Definitely worth 70% turnover.

Reminds me of earlier this week when someone from ND was talking about how the animations in TLOU2 are so amazing and they have the best animation team in the world. I wonder how the best animation team in the world feels about their work being taken out of the game proper so it can be used to nickel-and-dime paying customers. Hell of a way to show how much you respect your enployees’ efforts.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh I see the article hasn't been linked here, just the garbage takes by D-tier influencer fanboys who serve as anti-labor thugs

This is the article
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1238109674450403329

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

There's a difference between only being able to afford the cheaper option and thinking it's better hth

this is literally the same thing as people with a ps4 saying the switch is worse but ok pop off i guess if it makes you feel better

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Stux posted:

sorry but i would genuinely play any of those other games over splatoon and a nice art style doesnt save it.

At least you're sorry about it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

splatoon is bad sorry shouldve put mario odyssey or something in there instead

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mario Odyssey, being set after Mario Galaxy, is technically post-apoc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Breath of the Wild was also post-apocalyptic, Nintendo has gone pretty dark in recent times tbh

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Laughing at bad stux opinions is more entertaining than all those brown shootymans combined

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ARMS was an apocalypse of an IP in real time

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wait a minute who's the poster that really loved splatoon and why did i think it was stux

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i thought that was in training

i do enjoy the 'perfection takes time' replies to that article, it must be really loving validating to think the pinnacle of gaming is a bland cover shooter with technically impressive graphics

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah in training that's right

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

sharrrk posted:

im thinking more about games like bayonetta where the loading screens are also the game's practice room

It's true, playing the PS4/Xbox/PC versions leaves you with maybe half a second in the practice room and if you don't hit the wait button in that window it's straight on to the next level

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No idea if splatoon is good or not but it is quite ugly

Also does Nintendo really not do crunch? Cool if true

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i like games with both cartoony and realistic graphics, and in fact even games which have neither. i like a balanced diet.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Barudak posted:

I finished Ori, its a C+ game. Really pretty in some places with the underground area being suitably ultra-gross, but uh, the amount of baffling design decisions and just aggressively bad bugs means it really doesn't matter.

The bugs at least should be fixed whenever it gets a switch port, so check it out then yall!

From a few pages back but I'm curious what you (or anyone else who has played it) considers "baffling design decisions". I'm only a couple hours in but enjoying it so far, the platforming feels really good.

I definitely have noticed the bugs. Mine have been mostly sound related.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 15, 2020

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Jay Rust posted:

No idea if splatoon is good or not but it is quite ugly

Nintendo said that they delayed the new Animal Crossing game because they didn't want to crunch the developers.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Jay Rust posted:

The hours they work now are repeatedly stated to be a lot less than what they were in the late 90's and throughout most of the aughts. But the overwork they do still most likely put in could very well be what we'd consider crunch to be anyways. Just that they don't see it as crunch because "It's a lot better now than it used to be".

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Breath of the Wild was also post-apocalyptic, Nintendo has gone pretty dark in recent times tbh

The real reason they have us going to a deserted island in the new Animal Crossing.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah it's mostly anecdotal but Nintendo seems to have a better reputation for treating its employees better compared to, say, Konami.

Famously the CEO took a salary cut rather than lay employees off during a downturn, which should be basic decency but nevertheless

May 8, 2006

Tom Nook is desperately moving people to deserted islands in an attempt to save who he can from the oncoming apocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SeXReX posted:

don't smoke indoors True Gamers will just be slaying some edibles