Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my PC has a built in vapor chamber, I'm good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I made a thread where we all can make the future happen! There's even the potential to win a digital cash prize! It's all very exciting.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Like people will usually point to this interview as a gotcha whenever someone asks Nintendo about crunch and they're like, "Oh we're not doing so bad over here" and the like:

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/294923/Qamp_A_Design_lessons_learned_from_a_decade_at_Nintendos_EAD.php

quote:

In those days, Miyamoto would come to us at 11 PM, after he finished all of his board-member work, and say, "It's Mario time." At that point, we'd start a planning meeting that would run until 2 AM. At that point, Miyamoto would go home, leaving us with the words, "You should return home soon, for your health." Over the next two or three hours, we'd write the game design documents and summarize the instructions for our artists and programmers.

It was the craziest crunch time that I've ever experienced in my development career. But if the God of Games was working so much, could we give up? Miyamoto had incredible stamina.

But again that was the DS and Wii days he's recalling from, which has already been stated to be less intense for some compared to the Gamecube/N64 and further back days.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I live in a lame state and I'm a gamer so I'm not cool enough to know people who get anything but flower

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

splatoon is the only shooter ive ever enjoyed playing but i still don't like shooters so i never went back to it after the first week lol

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SeXReX posted:

I live in a lame state and I'm a gamer so I'm not cool enough to know people who get anything but flower

you can turn bud into abv, and you can turn abv into edibles. it's ecological all the way down. reduce, reuse, recycle

this is also why an eighth lasts like half a year for me lol. well that and not following the snoop's advice

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thinking about Soul Nomads villain route you can do where you wind up stabbing all the heroes in the gut and poison the water and there's no redemption. You're just a complete goddamn monster with no humor. The only way to get a 'heroic' ending in that route is to actually loving up and lose against the final boss and even then it's bittersweet as hell.

I don't recall any other game going that loving hard in "you're a terrible being" in a long while.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

a flower vape owns, vaping owns on its own, it makes it last longer, and also it activates it and makes it edible without needing to bind it to a fat. a homerun.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Someone should be making a desktop vape that mounts in a 5.25" bay and runs on a 4 pin pci per connector

Vaping doesn't solve the core problem here because you still gotta pack the thing even if it's sucking it up into the glass tube mouthpiece from your grinder like a straw, nvme is just too fast

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

SeXReX posted:

Someone should be making a desktop vape that mounts in a 5.25" bay and runs on a 4 pin pci per connector
"someone should be making", as if thats not somethings thats already existed for 20 years

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

No idea if splatoon is good or not but it is quite ugly

Also does Nintendo really not do crunch? Cool if true

They don't do crunch, and when the Wii U was deemed a huge failure, Nintendo was faced with mass layoffs. Instead of doing that though their executives took big time pay cuts to avoid it. I'm sure Nintendo is by no means perfect to work for, but they are still vastly superior to many large companies out there.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

The White Dragon posted:

you can turn bud into abv, and you can turn abv into edibles. it's ecological all the way down. reduce, reuse, recycle

this is also why an eighth lasts like half a year for me lol. well that and not following the snoop's advice

I've tried to cook with Abv multiple times and it always comes out nasty and barely effective.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

PantsBandit posted:

I've tried to cook with Abv multiple times and it always comes out nasty and barely effective.

What color is your ABV if it's dark brown all the weed is gone from it, but if it's a light yellow than it'll have residual THc

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PantsBandit posted:

personally i use it to make butter. strain it with a cheesecloth to get all the burnt crumbs out.

make some kind of pastry that requires low heat to finish. my buddy always does muffins... not really my thing but you have many options. the resulting butter will taste a little grassy and a little smoky but that's a perfect flavor complement to cloying sweetness.

banana bread, that's a good flavor pairing too. orange bread probably not so much.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 15, 2020

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Holy moly I just found Impa in kakiro village in BotW and as I was listening to her tale I recognised some of the musical themes of both this game and the original! The music is absolutely swish in this and it should play more everywhere! :D

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Prey: space station's haunted

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Definitely worth 70% turnover.

games are the highest art form

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Relax Or DIE posted:

Tom Nook is desperately moving people to deserted islands in an attempt to save who he can from the oncoming apocalypse

Just like any capitalists he's only saving the ones who can afford it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gripweed posted:

It's like this old meme, only you're supposed to come to the conclusion that Nintendo is bad

fallout was not made by bioware

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

started playing Bloodborne again. got to the front door of Cainhurst castle on my first run through, but the enemies outside made me prematurely abandon it 'cos I wanted to level up before going further. forgot to actually go back before beating the game oops, though on new game+ I managed to get through it first time without dying once 😬 (except to the boss but I died in like 3 hits so I'll leave him for a little bit). the weird spider enemies outside seem a little out of place! there's tons of them and they're way trickier to deal with than anything else so I just end up running past, please don't cyberbully me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i can see who voted the thread what and im disappointed in some of you. also everyone voted either 5 or 1 except for one person, who voted 4

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Katty! posted:

the weird spider enemies outside

They're fleas

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just like any capitalists he's only saving the ones who can afford it.

interest free loan with no repayment plan or enforcement starting to think this mr nook is much like the "bernie bros" who plague my online existence just because i want to say that its fine if i use $1000 a day on bathing in fresh mango juice

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

oddium posted:

i can see who voted the thread what and im disappointed in some of you. also everyone voted either 5 or 1 except for one person, who voted 4

Sometimes I accidentally click a vote when I mean to go back to the subforum and I always have a moment of panic over my misuse of the political process.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

Regy Rusty posted:

They're fleas

oh yeah, didn't get a great look at them 'cos I was too busy heroically sprinting past and just conflated them with the spiders in the nightmare of mensis. still maintain that they're trickier to fight than anything else in cainhurst

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I voted the thread 2 just now just to be special and different

Stux posted:

splatoon is bad sorry shouldve put mario odyssey or something in there instead

Splatoon was very uninteresting when I played it at a friend's house

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VideoGames posted:

There is a new Games rules thread with a little more detail, but here in genchat I would just like to congratulate Infinitum, Relax or DIE and Oddium as new IKs for Games! :D

Based on preliminary research, this is a first draft at assigning the thread leaders to Three Houses:

oddium -> Golden Deer (trickster, wittiest poster)

oddium posted:

rogue like peggle.... and i hear the wizard and bard are crazy about it too !!

Relax or DIE -> Blue Lions (relentless warrior and honorable gamer)

Relax Or DIE posted:

there is very little i can do to purge your soul of the miasma of cowardice, a malodorous mind requires salvation from within

Infinitum -> Black Eagles (no gods, no masters, revolution)

Infinitum posted:

Requesting 200 gangtags at once

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm whatever house laharl from disgaea is from because i don't give a f (about fire emblem)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
blue lions is the house i picked on my first playthrough

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Can't believe all this Splatoon hate tonight

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Katty! posted:

oh yeah, didn't get a great look at them 'cos I was too busy heroically sprinting past and just conflated them with the spiders in the nightmare of mensis. still maintain that they're trickier to fight than anything else in cainhurst

the blood fleas are some of the worst enemies in the game, so if you like them in cainhurst then you'll love them in the dlc!

i love how if you use a visceral attack in the chalice dungeons, one of them will show up later licking up the bloodstain

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Based on preliminary research, this is a first draft at assigning the thread leaders to Three Houses:

alright infinitum, i guess i'm your bernadetta

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Katty! posted:

started playing Bloodborne again. got to the front door of Cainhurst castle on my first run through, but the enemies outside made me prematurely abandon it 'cos I wanted to level up before going further. forgot to actually go back before beating the game oops, though on new game+ I managed to get through it first time without dying once 😬 (except to the boss but I died in like 3 hits so I'll leave him for a little bit). the weird spider enemies outside seem a little out of place! there's tons of them and they're way trickier to deal with than anything else so I just end up running past, please don't cyberbully me

If it helps the enemies outside are way harder to deal with than the ones inside the castle. Boss is a stinker though.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

oddium posted:

I usually vote 3 but like I said:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

No Bowsette so I voted 1 instead.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The probations will continue until moral improves.

oddium posted:

That is indeed a weird vote by that person

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

golden deer until i die

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

which golden deer char is most like "the diceman"

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

Looper posted:

the blood fleas are some of the worst enemies in the game, so if you like them in cainhurst then you'll love them in the dlc!

oh joy! I poked into the dlc a little bit before but not far enough to see my good friends ☺️ was thinking of tackling it before byrgenwerth but it looks like the old hunters can wait a little longer

Sakurazuka posted:

If it helps the enemies outside are way harder to deal with than the ones inside the castle. Boss is a stinker though.

it was weird, the only reason I didn't explore the castle the first time was because I thought the inside would be just as tough as outside. I did get to the boss and died after about 3 hits so it can also stand to wait a little bit; not currently subscribed to ps+ so I'm just soloing everything for now, sheer determination (and a +10 hunter's axe) will prevail

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
yeah there's a few parts in bloodborne where running past everything is the way to go, the reward is not worth the risk

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Someone mentioned soul nomad earlier. Goddamn did I suck at that game. At no point do I think I "got" how I was supposed to play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Having only seen soulsbornes via speedruns I didn't even know you COULD kill enemies that didn't have names and health bars at the bottom of the screen

Giving you a good reason to engage in combat without locking you in a room until everything is dead is something basically every 3D game struggles with