Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Johnny Aztec posted:

What's that dude that played his clone doing nowdays?

Never acted again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I would do a whole bunch of the sex to Nana Visitor

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

naem posted:

I would do a whole bunch of the sex to Nana Visitor

:hai:

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Are goons physically required to tell us whether they'd gently caress any actress whose picture is posted?

CaptainSkinny
Apr 22, 2011

You get it?
No.

Brawnfire posted:

Never acted again.

Found the mirror universe agent where the movie's terribleness did end up being too much for Tom Hardy.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

When I was young and callow, I thought Jadzia was the hottest woman on the show by far and wondered why they got this butch tomboy to play Ensign Ro's role.

Fortunately, Kirk and McCoy eventually found my brain and reconnected enough synapses that I was able to guide McCoy through the rest of the procedure.

I don't know what it was...just one day, I looked at Nana Visitor and said, "My God, she's stunning." I think it must have been a youthful dislike for short hair on women.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Getting some major Jaimie Lee Curtis vibes from Nana in that thumbnail. This is a good thing.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

mossyfisk posted:

Are goons physically required to tell us whether they'd gently caress any actress whose picture is posted?
Not physically.

Contractually.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

mossyfisk posted:

This has always made me uncomfortable. It happens whenever there's a bunch of mostly straight dudes in one place and it's always gross as poo poo. Like I remember coworkers and such seeing a picture on a magazine at checkout and going, "I'd gently caress her." No poo poo, you're disgusting and have no chance, of course you would. Ugh.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Arcsquad12 posted:

Getting some major Jaimie Lee Curtis vibes from Nana in that thumbnail. This is a good thing.

Nana discovered the secret of aging gracefully.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bogus Adventure posted:

Activia

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Seriously, she looks great and good for her!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Certainly looks better than the hell warmed over appearance she had in Battlestar Galactica.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

pls be fair i usually horny post about riker

the content i crave

THS
Sep 15, 2017

watching the ds9 ep where bashir treats the other genetic freaks and i like that the only thing wrong with the woman is that she is so horny that she has to be held in space prison

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQMLXLI-fI

Then pan over to:

"You don't believe me? Look at those faces."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

THS posted:

watching the ds9 ep where bashir treats the other genetic freaks and i like that the only thing wrong with the woman is that she is so horny that she has to be held in space prison

She was horny for Satan and tried to sacrifice teenagers to summon him

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSiBvYodew8&t=5s

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

I can't believe men are attracted to pretty ladies they cast on tv shows to be attractive. Absolutely sickening.

Anyway Nana is best trek wife.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sadly the best trek wife was deleted from the holodeck by Janeway before anyone even got to see her

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

you broke my grill posted:

I can't believe men are attracted to pretty ladies they cast on tv shows to be attractive. Absolutely sickening.

Anyway Nana is best trek wife.

I thought it was more, why do men have to ignore the social setting and always comment when they see someone that they find attractive.

Or maybe, why do men always have to be so vulgar with the way they express their attraction to someone.

Although I think #2 is solved by #1. Men realise how inappropriate the comments are in such a setting so they make it even more vulgar and pass it off as a joke. Then after a while they forget why they do this, as it becomes habit.

I'm having flashbacks to when an ex-friend of mine, a 23 year old student, catcalled an 18 year old student who was in the same class as us. My friend and I just looked at each other and dropped him like a hot stone (It was like, a looong string of mostly minor infractions that culminated in that). To this day neither of us have any idea why he thought it was an appropriate thing to do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i can't believe people make fun of me when i loudly announce at a restaurant how good forks are for eating food. newsflash dummies, that's what forks are there for. i can't believe you don't know that you absolute cretins.

also the forks are people

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

lmao, perfect

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Which Star Trek actor has the best relationship with their grandparents?

Nana Visitor

Move over, Piscapo!

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Look you cowards, I’ll say it if nobody else has the balls to. The hottest Trek character is Gul Dukat and I want him to yell at me.

Harry Kim is also canonically too sexy to die: “The producers at one point had planned to permanently kill off Harry Kim during season three, but after Wang was included in the People list of sexiest people alive 1997, the plan was abandoned.”

thedangergroove posted:

Which Star Trek actor has the best relationship with their grandparents?

Nana Visitor

lol

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Poopelyse posted:

It's all I could think watching the latest episode of Picard. It's essentially Mass Effect - Visions of death and destruction passed down by a long dead civilization, galactic society reaches a certain level of evolution and something outside the galaxy comes to kill them, main character and small crew are the only ones to understand what's happening. Now I'm just waiting for the end of season 1 when Picard dies and season 2 starts with the Tal Shiar bringing him back to life

WE ARE ZHAT-VASH. LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND SURRENDER YOUR DREAMS. WE WILL ADD YOUR FANFICS AND CANON TO THE TRASH BIN. YOUR SYNTHS WILL BE DESTROYED. CBS SUBSCRIPTION CANCELLATION IS FUTILE. WE HAVE RENEWED FOR SEASON TWO.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Automatic Slim posted:

Still better than Troi pegging everyone's tells and Data counting cards.

Hey, I literally just started reading but can I get a holodeck prog of this? I'd love to see Troi pegging the crew.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

i can't believe people make fun of me when i loudly announce at a restaurant how good forks are for eating food. newsflash dummies, that's what forks are there for. i can't believe you don't know that you absolute cretins.

also the forks are people

fork you

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Knife

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why not both 🍴

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Prism Mirror Lens posted:

Look you cowards, I’ll say it if nobody else has the balls to. The hottest Trek character is Gul Dukat and I want him to yell at me.

Harry Kim is also canonically too sexy to die: “The producers at one point had planned to permanently kill off Harry Kim during season three, but after Wang was included in the People list of sexiest people alive 1997, the plan was abandoned.”

lol

I think Harry Kim was the most realistic character on the show.

Sort of like every department has that one guy who's really nice but has no clue how to get ahead / brown nose the boss the right way in order to get promoted.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TNG and DS9 both seem to have middle aged or old extras wandering around in the background as ensigns or lieutenants. In truth, all of these people were captains of the federation flagship at one point who went back in time to change a risky decision when Q came to them after they died

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

TNG and DS9 both seem to have middle aged or old extras wandering around in the background as ensigns or lieutenants. In truth, all of these people were captains of the federation flagship at one point who went back in time to change a risky decision when Q came to them after they died

"You know, if I was never Captain, then we never had that adventure in the Hsilziam system where we happened to find that big deposit of pergium on that asteroid while we were scanning for the runaway alien ship. Let's just look up the ship's log... looks like mostly the same thing happened, but, Captain Whoever-That-Is used a different search pattern and never came near that particular rock. Time to head off to the nearest Ferengi assay office and stake a mining claim on an "unexplored" asteroid..."

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

mossyfisk posted:

https://feministfrequency.com/video/star-trek-discovery-recap-freqcast-7-light-and-shadows/

quote:

Anita gets a little too excited when her one night stand (Tyler) and her future husband (Pike) are on an away mission together. We finally meet Disco Spock and well…that just sort of happened. There are some weird gender roles happening on Vulcan that we ain’t too happy about. Plus Ebony is not having any of that baby Vulcan hair. Also, Anita refers to Saru’s planet as “Kalamari” and yeah. Things continue to veer wildly off the rails from there. Listen, rate, review, and subscribe so you don’t miss a single episode!

Conclusion: Anita is a goon

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

I just watched the DS9 last night after not seeing it for a long time. Even though is so clearly in your face about it being "not yo daddy's Star Trek!" it still has optimism and hope for the future. It really tanks my opinion of Picard even further. It does a dark and gritty take without having an overwhelming sense of everything being poo poo.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Deep space nine's point is that it's not easy to be a saint in Paradise, that's literally a line from the show. Not that paradise is impossible or that everything going to poo poo is the grim inevitability of the future

MrTargetPractice
Mar 17, 2004

Tighclops posted:

Deep space nine's point is that it's not easy to be a saint in Paradise, that's literally a line from the show. Not that paradise is impossible or that everything going to poo poo is the grim inevitability of the future

I mean aside from the premise the shows are pretty similar. Dark pasts, lovely circumstances, recovering for a recent Very Bad Thing. I think a lot of has to do with the characters. In DS9 people are trying to move forward despite their lovely situation. In Picard and Disco all the character loving wallow in their misery like they are trying to do an interpretative dance of Crawling by Linkin Park.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ds9 reinforces the utopian ideals of star trek even more than tng did by subjecting it to serious interrogation in the face of existential crisis, but ultimately those ideals are affirmed. new trek none of the writers give a gently caress about any of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

THS posted:

ds9 reinforces the utopian ideals of star trek even more than tng did by subjecting it to serious interrogation in the face of existential crisis, but ultimately those ideals are affirmed. new trek none of the writers give a gently caress about any of that

I agree, but there are shitheads who saw DS9 and thought that it demonstrated that the Federation's ideals are hard to uphold and therefore lies. Those shitheads now write for Disco and Picard.