Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

It's like someone listened to a Cibbo Matto album once and then was told to do a Jet Set Radio Future soundtrack and they said "okay, mister" but the little kid they hired was still in that phase where annoying noises are the height of comedy.

edit: No I take it back, it's more like a little kid's Lightning Bolt song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9T0ICrAzqU

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

cheetah7071 posted:

So, my regular get togethers with friends are going online due to coronavirus, and while we usually played board games we're probably gonna switch to online video games but are having trouble deciding what to play. I dont expect many games to meet all of these criteria at once, but the ideal game would:

-support up to 6 players
-be co-op
-be a campaign, rather than arcade-style
-have online multiplayer
-be cheap enough that people who aren't sure about it aren't wasting a bunch of money
-be good

Any suggestions?

I think there's a mod for BL2 that allows 5+ player co-op.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Songbearer posted:

E2: I bought my cat a cat tree and she is using it also my massive hair is here because only my selfie cam works

new page new cat snipe t:mad:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i follow almost nothing but Official Game Accounts and the AP, so twitter is just a news headline feed for me.

the exceptions are a few streamers that i like, and i weed out the ones that post garbage.

also bonebone

https://twitter.com/bonebonebot/status/1237595996860764161?s=20

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if your friends are into interesting but so-so diablo-likes I think Sacred lets you set up a server a host what amounts to a mini-mmo type deal, shouldn't be too expensive from gog either

edit: looks like you'd have to emulate LAN though, not sure if that's too much effort

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Factorio

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Neverwinter Nights: EE comes with like 4 campaigns and can be played with up to 100+ people if your friends don't mind dated graphics and D&D3.5

The toolset is also so crazy powerful you can make your own campaigns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Exile two of your friends and play Stardew

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Real suggestion, multiplayer Crusader Kings / EU4

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Fwiw, the 6 players thing is fairly flexible cause not everybody will be in every week, a game that's perfect but is only 4 players is plausible, as long as people can drop in and out from session to session and it still works

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Satisfactory officially supports 4 players max but you can edit an .ini file line to bump it up and it works

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have a hard time re-playing NWN because it hurt back then to be stuck with only 1 or 2 party members, and also that today it sucks even more to only have 2 person party.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

cheetah7071 posted:

So, my regular get togethers with friends are going online due to coronavirus, and while we usually played board games we're probably gonna switch to online video games but are having trouble deciding what to play. I dont expect many games to meet all of these criteria at once, but the ideal game would:

-support up to 6 players
-be co-op
-have online multiplayer
-be cheap enough that people who aren't sure about it aren't wasting a bunch of money
-be good

Any suggestions?

I'd also suggest Tabletop Simulator so you can still get your board game fix. It's got a thriving mod scene that's gotten a bunch of different games in it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

You know you get to decide who you follow on Twitter, right?

hmm but also randoms can just reply to you and do and also twitter has been doing its best to fill the timeline with everything but the people you directly follow

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Exile two of your friends and play Stardew

you can mod stardew to have more players and there are some custom farm maps that are larger to support more players

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't recommend actually posting on twitter

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

cheetah7071 posted:

-support up to 6 players
-be co-op
-have online multiplayer
-be good

If everyone tolerates puzzles, Myst Online is free and should allow 6 people to coop

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd also suggest Tabletop Simulator so you can still get your board game fix. It's got a thriving mod scene that's gotten a bunch of different games in it.

Yeah Tabletop Sim has been really nice for my friend group if we've got a bunch of people on. Stuff without a ton of moving parts tends to work the best.

We just had a round of Jackbox last night with 7 people that was great, and only one person needs to own it since they can just stream and everyone else can join online.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Twitter is a dumpster fire but so is my entire life so it's perfect for me

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Honestly the tough part is a 4-6 person campaign with consistent forward progress. There are a few games like that with 4 person coop but I imagine people would get attached to their characters. Borderlands is definitely a good option, BL3 in particular is great for drop-in drop-out since everything gets scaled so levels have no bearing at all on who can play with who.

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008
adding another recommendation for tabletop simulator; it's a bit unwieldy and takes some getting used to but you're not going to beat the flexibility it offers you

there's also roll20 if you want to run a proper traditional rpg, most of the rulebook bundles they offer are pretty cheap https://roll20.net/

Sweetgrass fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 15, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

With Tabletop Sim, you can play the game of kings: Pokemon Master Trainer first edition.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1239271672529764353

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

gently caress

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Borderlands 3 seems a little rough around the edges for a year old game. They keep having problems with their Online stuff, and the game sometimes locks up or fails to spawn/load certain events.

They put a big exclamation marker on your map that seems important, but it's just an actual ad for the DLC on your ship. The marker doesn't go away when you read the ad. Obnoxious!

Pretty fun so far other than that.

edit: Oh cool, or this other bug where you make a new character and they cant move?

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 15, 2020

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
E3 being cancelled sucks, liveposting about the dumb stuff was always fun.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thinking about Soul Nomads villain route you can do where you wind up stabbing all the heroes in the gut and poison the water and there's no redemption. You're just a complete goddamn monster with no humor. The only way to get a 'heroic' ending in that route is to actually loving up and lose against the final boss and even then it's bittersweet as hell.

I don't recall any other game going that loving hard in "you're a terrible being" in a long while.

I want a sequel to Soul Nomad's demon path 'bad' ending where you lose so badly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

With Tabletop Sim, you can play the game of kings: Pokemon Master Trainer first edition.

i talked some friends into playing this a few months ago and honestly it's better than stuff like monopoly

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/JackControllers/status/1239273686567354368

Unfortunately that means Snake and the Belmont boys will be removed from Smash Bros. Ultimate in a future patch.

Not solely because Sony would own them, but because in addition to that they're going to help headline Playstation All Stars Battle Royale 2 and having them stay in Smash would be a conflict of interest there for Sony.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/JackControllers/status/1239273686567354368

Unfortunately that means Snake and the Belmont boys will be removed from Smash Bros. Ultimate in a future patch.

Not solely because Sony would own them, but because in addition to that they're going to help headline Playstation All Stars Battle Royale 2 and having them stay in Smash would be a conflict of interest there for Sony.

That is a silly belief, this won't happen. It'll be great to have Sony own all of these Konami franchises that are currently dead. I really hope this happens.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
If Konami's IPs are up for grabs someone buy Suikoden.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that stuff is all konami has left, even in the realm of pachinko a lot of their machines are based on old ip. the castlevania machine is extremely popular

so either konami is going out of business or that's a bunch of bs

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

homeless snail posted:

that stuff is all konami has left, even in the realm of pachinko a lot of their machines are based on old ip. the castlevania machine is extremely popular

so either konami is going out of business or that's a bunch of bs

could be written up that konami retains rights for usage in pachinko, not beyond the realm of possibility really

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

could even just mean sony purchasing rights to make some games with the IPs and not full ownership too

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yes, let's all trust "Jack of All Controllers" whose source is a 4chan post...? :confused:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

in these dark days you deny me even this hope???

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jack Off All Controllers

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Jack Off All Controllers

"Doctor help it started drifting after using it too much."

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you click through it's based on a 4chan post from january apparently. journalistic integrity at its finest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i should refresh the thread before i post