Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate that Greymon has a pot belly again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Takeru has four VAs already, I'm glad they aren't giving him a fifth, that'd be overkill. Then again, if he got a sixth, he'd have a full evolution line of VAs, so maybe this is a wasted opportunity.

There's absolutely nothing fresh about Adventure.

hence the "relatively speaking" part

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

There’s the one from Adventure, the one from Tri, and the current one. Who’s the fourth?

02. Takeru's VA has been changed in every series he's been in to date.

I was wrong anyways. He has had five VAs so far, not four, I forgot he gets the narrator's voice for the 02 epilogue. Should've given him a new one here too so he could have the full evolution line!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of which I forget, will his Tri VA be reprising their role in Last Evolution?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which I forget, will his Tri VA be reprising their role in Last Evolution?

Yes, all of the Tri VAs reprised their roles for Last Evolution.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

And speaking of voice actors the new narrator is Masako Nozawa.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 17, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Larryb posted:

And speaking of voice actors the new narrator is Goku herself, Masako Nozawa.

May she live forever

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Larryb posted:

And speaking of voice actors the new narrator is Goku herself, Masako Nozawa.

I believe you mean "Guilmon", considering the thread.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Omnicrom posted:

I believe you mean "Guilmon", considering the thread.

I’d actually forgotten she voiced Guilmon as well, good catch.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in extremely Steve Blum-as-Guilmon voice* Hey it's me, Goku!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

*in extremely Steve Blum-as-Guilmon voice* Hey it's me, Goku!

Some would say it'd be more fitting than early Goku dubs

I would say this

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

Some would say it'd be more fitting than early Goku dubs

I would say this

I would easily, easily, take Steve Blum's Guilmon voice as Goku instead of Schemmel.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Funky Valentine posted:

I would easily, easily, take Steve Blum's Guilmon voice as Goku instead of Schemmel.

I wasn't going to openly bring this to the table-but so long as it's here....

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Best adult Goku VA is his Ocean Dub VA

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Peter Kelamis is the goat goku

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think at some point Steve Blum HAS been Goku

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

I think at some point Steve Blum HAS been Goku

I think for that GT game way way back.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

MasakoX best goku. Fite me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Like all Dragon Ball voice debates, the only right choice is the Latin American VA, so Mario Castañeda is the best Goku. Or was, anyways, dude's really old at this point and can't shout as he used to, but he had the best Goku moments until age caught up to him.

I genuinely cannot understand how Masako Nozawa still screams as well as she did when the series started considering her age. Her lungs are absurd.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Like all Dragon Ball voice debates, the only right choice is the Latin American VA, so Mario Castañeda is the best Goku. Or was, anyways, dude's really old at this point and can't shout as he used to, but he had the best Goku moments until age caught up to him.

I genuinely cannot understand how Masako Nozawa still screams as well as she did when the series started considering her age. Her lungs are absurd.

Yeah, I believe Nozawa is in her 80’s now and still hasn’t lost a beat when it comes to playing Goku. That’s pretty impressive to be honest.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Siegkrow posted:

MasakoX best goku. Fite me.

He’s absolutely the best Gohan.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Geostomp posted:

He’s absolutely the best Gohan.
:hmmyes:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

02. Takeru's VA has been changed in every series he's been in to date.

I was wrong anyways. He has had five VAs so far, not four, I forgot he gets the narrator's voice for the 02 epilogue. Should've given him a new one here too so he could have the full evolution line!

Actually he did have six, he was voiced by Syoko Kikuchi in the Adventure movie.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/WithTheWill/status/1240827829241016320?s=20

I was riiiiiiight

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh, so it's flat-out Algomon. That's interesting, I didn't expect them to bring back a Savers Digimon for the Adventure nostalgia wank. While the design is brand-new, there's no way it won't lead to the Algomon we already know...though that's a Perfect or Ultimate, so it feels a bit early to add this unless the series is going to be much shorter than anticipated.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Excellent call man

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaze Dragon posted:

Huh, so it's flat-out Algomon. That's interesting, I didn't expect them to bring back a Savers Digimon for the Adventure nostalgia wank. While the design is brand-new, there's no way it won't lead to the Algomon we already know...though that's a Perfect or Ultimate, so it feels a bit early to add this unless the series is going to be much shorter than anticipated.

Like I’ve said before, Algomon Perfect in worm phase can be seen crashing to the ground in one of the trailers. My guess he’s either generating his baby form as an army or they all merge into him.

An Adult beating a Perfect isn’t unheard of either. It’s how Greymon was introduced after all. And on top of that, the interviews with the staff have said the number of Digimon will be a “festival”, so this sets a good precedent that we’ll see newer and lesser seen Digimon this season.

Does anyone have a wishlist? Personally I wanna see Targetmon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I hope Digimon that didn't get the chance to appear in the anime get a chance in the spotlight. I'm not particularly picky as to which, so long as they are old or even new friends that aren't that well known, it'll be fun to see them in action.

Hunters was terrible but I liked seeing it use a lot of old Digimon that didn't get the chance to appear before, even having a Digimon World recolour as one of the more important characters.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I want a Sukamon episode plastered wall to wall with poop puns, including resolving the plot with a poop pun, just to see how the dub deals with it.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

I want Gundramon to show up.

I don't really care what he does, I just want to see an animator have to draw him from more than one angle consistently.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

I want a Sukamon episode plastered wall to wall with poop puns, including resolving the plot with a poop pun, just to see how the dub deals with it.

So like the chapter of V-Tamer that he appeared in?

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
This month's V-Jump is out so that means more Survive news. No release date yet.

The final(?) character Miu is profiled and her partner is revealed to be Syakomon. She acts weird and has Kari's voice actress. The key art is also shown updated with all the characters thus far and looks really nice. That brings us to 3 Vaccine, 3 Virus and 2 Data digimon if I'm remembering correctly.

Maybe the old man or ghost girl will be featured with a partner next month, but I don't see a lot of room in the key art for them?

While I like the diversity of the partner choices for the most part, I do wish that they hadn't chosen so many that had already been partners in the past.

Floramon - 02
Syakomon - 02
Lopmon - Tamers
Labramon - Tamers Movie
Dracmon - Hunters

Kunemon and technically Falcomon (since it's the original v-pet design) are the only ones that have never been partners before.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Sleeping Sigma posted:

This month's V-Jump is out so that means more Survive news. No release date yet.

The final(?) character Miu is profiled and her partner is revealed to be Syakomon. She acts weird and has Kari's voice actress. The key art is also shown updated with all the characters thus far and looks really nice. That brings us to 3 Vaccine, 3 Virus and 2 Data digimon if I'm remembering correctly.

Maybe the old man or ghost girl will be featured with a partner next month, but I don't see a lot of room in the key art for them?

While I like the diversity of the partner choices for the most part, I do wish that they hadn't chosen so many that had already been partners in the past.

Floramon - 02
Syakomon - 02
Lopmon - Tamers
Labramon - Tamers Movie
Dracmon - Hunters

Kunemon and technically Falcomon (since it's the original v-pet design) are the only ones that have never been partners before.

I mean those first two only appeared for like a single episode each, so I'd say they barely count, same with Labramon

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012
Fair enough. I can't be too upset since the choices seem to fit the characters so well and I really like the described partner dynamics so far. Like Miu acts strange and Syakomon is said be very realistic with a lot of common-sense.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sleeping Sigma posted:

Floramon - 02
Syakomon - 02
Lopmon - Tamers
Labramon - Tamers Movie
Dracmon - Hunters

Agumon and Lopmon look really out of place with all these more obscure guys. Why not use some other dinosaur-type for the main instead of the overused mascot?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Geostomp posted:

Agumon and Lopmon look really out of place with all these more obscure guys. Why not use some other dinosaur-type for the main instead of the overused mascot?

because it's the mascot

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean there's been digimon games that didn't use Agumon as the mascot so he's still a boring choice. Lopmon is good though.

Also, I know discussion has moved away from Cyber Sleuth but i'm making my way through it and dang, Nokia is extremely cool.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i forget if it was in this thread but i picked up cyber sleuth again from where i left off and man whoever said the female MC gives off big lesbian energy just because they were too lazy to change the script that was obviously written for the male MC was real spot on. all these opportunities to dunk on the boys and let nokia flirt with you

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I love that the Cyber Sleuths hit a huge roadblock when UlForceVeedramon didn't make it to Tokyo, and Kyoko's solution is just "Well what if we went to another dimension where UlForceVeedramon did make it to Tokyo? Then you just do it and encounter what is clearly another protagonist from an earlier game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean there's been digimon games that didn't use Agumon as the mascot so he's still a boring choice. Lopmon is good though.

This is a brand-new title that could start a whole franchise. It makes perfect sense to play it safe with the lead. If Survive lives up to its name, then the next games in the franchise are sure to have more interesting leads than Agumon.

Brother Entropy posted:

i forget if it was in this thread but i picked up cyber sleuth again from where i left off and man whoever said the female MC gives off big lesbian energy just because they were too lazy to change the script that was obviously written for the male MC was real spot on. all these opportunities to dunk on the boys and let nokia flirt with you

While it obviously comes from laziness, it feels perfectly fitting in Cyber Sleuth, a game that has a lot of gay in it, with quite a bit of it being clearly on purpouse as well, especially on Hacker's Memory.

TheHan posted:

I love that the Cyber Sleuths hit a huge roadblock when UlForceVeedramon didn't make it to Tokyo, and Kyoko's solution is just "Well what if we went to another dimension where UlForceVeedramon did make it to Tokyo? Then you just do it and encounter what is clearly another protagonist from an earlier game.

From Re:Digitize Decode, specifically. She's become a mainstay of Digimon games afterwards, with cameos here and in Next Order. Clearly Habu or someone else important on the team loves her because I can't imagine the fandom does, she's terrible.