Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Real question.... Why doesn't WWE just delay WrestleMania three months and do it in Tampa then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/fightoracle/status/1239763504061648896?s=19

Even if this isn't true it's a much better idea

Edit: Not sure how to post nested tweets but the idea is to move Mania to MSG on June 7th

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Real question.... Why doesn't WWE just delay WrestleMania three months and do it in Tampa then?

And have wrestlemania and summerslam rubbing dicks against each other? ewww

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Blaise330 posted:

SummerSlam can move to Jeddah and the fed does 18 ppvs a year so who cares if they are back to back

A Salty Affair
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4xSRHSn6cA

Becky Lynch is definitely drunk by the end of this video

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Honestly if there was ever a good excuse to postpone a show and do something else with their TV time, this is it.

Of COURSE you can park the stuff being built up for Wrestlemania. With how halfassed the build has been, this is for the best, as the time might give the stories depth. Tell some other stories with your huge roster in the meantime. Do something fun. Will Ospreay managed to put together a good wrestling show with stories and action and no audience in *less than a week* and he's hardly famed as wrestling's smartest man. Use this as an opportunity.

They won't do any of this, of course. There is no jolting WWE out of its decline.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SalTheBard posted:

https://twitter.com/fightoracle/status/1239763504061648896?s=19

Even if this isn't true it's a much better idea

Edit: Not sure how to post nested tweets but the idea is to move Mania to MSG on June 7th

Imagine rovert was a barely sentient slug. That's front row Brian

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

forkboy84 posted:

Oh.. Nevermind then!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Surely WWE can absorb the losses from this right?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

A Salty Affair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4xSRHSn6cA

Becky Lynch is definitely drunk by the end of this video

Surprising amount of camera cuts for an off air non-wrestling segment

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TV Zombie posted:

Surely WWE can absorb the losses from this right?

Of course

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

You strip down any off the fancy poo poo, and wwe can't even put on a wrestling show

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They should just delay Wrestlemania until the summer or whatever. This is dumb.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Dude has 414,000 tweets. I doubt he leaves the house that often.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

Imagine rovert

No

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Blaise330 posted:

Two WWE PPVs taking place only a few weeks apart? Unheard of!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Wrestlemania and Summerslam are the two biggest PPVs that WWE has though so maybe they are going to be burnout with both big events so close to each other or....that there won't be enough to plot out storylines between ppvs.

But who knows what they are thinking.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Dude has 414,000 tweets. I doubt he leaves the house that often.

You ever check your overall playtime on an mmorpg and realize "i shoulda quit before this number was even a quarter of this"? That'd be me if my tweets were even a 5 digit number.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Notes from today's Observer Radio, per Dave:

quote:

At first Dave questioned why Vince was so hellbent on getting Mania over with. Why he couldn’t just wait for a few months to see what happens and reschedule. But then Dave realized: “It was put to me like, what if there’s no shows till November? What do you do?” So Vince is most likely wanting to get this show out of the way before it gets worse.

Dave has been told Vince is not a fan of these empty arena shows since Smackdown aired last week.

The words “COVID-19” and “Coronavirus” are banned words in WWE.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's not a coronavirus, it's a championship

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

So now what? vince? What will you show on Mondays and Fridays now if you hate empty arena shows? What's left?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i’m totally going to sign up for a trial to watch performance center mania it’s gonna be awesome and poo poo

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine if they just turned it into a real soap opera. That would be almost too smart for the dumb company.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Watching Raw, it's amazing that they can't adjust the way they do things for no audience. Andrade doing his entrance, posing for the non existent crowd. Backstage segments that are backstage for no reason.

Like, how much would it rule if they started shooting things Lucha Underground style

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I'd like to think that they can't adjust things on the fly which is why they do things the same all the time but Vince changes the script constantly, even on the day of shows, so who knows?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I still don't know why they have all those seats set up for no one. At least fill them with some staff or something. Or maybe not have them at all.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
"I'm in a medical facility right now. Unfortunately, the disease is emanating live from my body."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Blasmeister posted:

Postponing WM indefinitely would mean completely freezing all storylines and builds for dozens of hours of tv. And WWE isn't gonna stop making tv, it makes them too much money.

They have a half billion in cash in the bank. They can go dark for a few months, a lot easier than the Broke Boy owner of the Houston Rockets who has trouble digging 15 million dollars out of the couch cushions when he needs to make payroll.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

a pneumonia opportunity

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Roman vs Goldberg in a winner gets the belt, loser gets coughed on match

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

This won't be over in three months

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Rarity posted:

They're not germs they are Superbugs

Astro7x posted:

Watching Raw, it's amazing that they can't adjust the way they do things for no audience. Andrade doing his entrance, posing for the non existent crowd. Backstage segments that are backstage for no reason.

Like, how much would it rule if they started shooting things Lucha Underground style

I was thinking this yesterday. Just a bunch of soap opera scenes mixed with wrestling.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"The words 'COVID-19' and 'Coronavirus' are banned words in WWE."

gently caress these lovely loving scumbags, jesus christ. I was almost considering dropping :10bux: for Wrestlemania just for the novelty but no thanks. This company needs to be eaten alive.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

bradzilla posted:

gently caress these lovely loving scumbags, jesus christ. I was almost considering dropping :10bux: for Wrestlemania just for the novelty but no thanks. This company needs to be eaten alive.

they suck poo poo

go free trial go go go

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

bradzilla posted:

Vince might legitimately be insane enough to think any of his employees that catch it are weak and this whole thing is grossly overblown.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

a pneumonia opportunity

Holy poo poo.

Also I know WWE BAD LOL but let's be real here, no wrestling promotion could put on good 2+ hour shows for any span of time with literally no crowds. It's key to the art form no matter who is presenting it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Quantum of Phallus posted:

This won't be over in three months

Nothing's over with WWE's booking!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

WatermelonGun posted:

they suck poo poo

go free trial go go go
a free trial still boosts their numbers, don't watch the awful show put on by awful people you idiots

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

cams posted:

a free trial still boosts their numbers, don't watch the awful show put on by awful people you idiots

oh no not numbers

everyone is locked in their house for the foreseeable future while america keeps bombing the middle east and the market is in freefall no one gives a fat poo poo if you give vince another “number”

dickhead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If they wanted to be cool and draw ratings, they could, like they are doing for hald the.shows anyway, just in Raw and SD's timeslot have Cole Masterpiece Theatre intro a classic WWE show and just play that. Like I'd like to think a 2:50 cut of Mania 17 would draw more eyes than whatever last nignt was